Looking for a New Game? Ask Here!

Necromagus

I'd say Mass Effect 2 is more bang for your buck. Bioshock 2's multiplayer isn't that great and the story should only take about 10-15 hours.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

I dunno. I need some good action adventure game, maybe an RPG even to keep me going. Something old maybe, something cheap.

And not Assassin's Creed 2.

Any recommendations?

Dark Messiah Might and Magic.

$10 off of Steam, awesome fun game, with some RPG elements and a sweet combat system. :3

Playing through the it again, but my irrational fear of giant terrifying spiders at night has stopped me from progressing past after I killed the Paokai, at least until the morning. ._.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all,

I was thinking the other day how much I used to love playing Sim City when I was about 11 or 12. With my knowledge that I have now I'd quite like to get myself a game that involves running a population efficiently, etc.

It appears that the Sim City series stopped around 2004 and I was wondering if anything has exploited this "gap" in the market.

One thing I have found is Cities XL, does anyone know if this is the top game in that genre out, or are there others?

Cheers,

Ed.

edtheripperpixelsigv2zy8.png

Thanks to Jopie for this great signature.

99 Slayer|Fishing|Summoning|Hitpoints|Attack|Strength|Defence|Fletching.

Anyone at Manchester University PM me

Can anyone recommend some PSP games? Got one last week and looking for some more games. Older/cheaper ones would be nice.

Have:

God Of War

Daxter

Ratchet & Clank

Half Minute Hero

Cheers

The 2 Untold Legends games were good, the GTA games and Monster Hunter.

If you can find it, grab Persona 3 Portable when it comes out.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

• 1 month later...

I want a new either long/good replay or open-ended DS game. I like most things, so just about anything would be good. I have New Super Mario Bros., Scribblenauts, LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga, and LEGO Rock Band. I own a DSi, so no Guitar Hero games. I've got $35 to spend, so any DS game should be fine. The games need to be out or come out prior to April, as I'm getting this for a trip.

I'm looking at KORG DS-10 Plus, Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver, Kirby Super Star Ultra, or possibly Rhythm Heaven. DSiWare would be fine too.

Suggestions on which one to get, or an entirely different one?

I'd say to try finding Disgaea DS if you can. 100+ hours of gameplay for the storyline alone potentially.

@gauper: Dead Space? Silent Hill?

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

Just a heads up.

If anyone wants to buy a real cheap mindless shoot-'em-up kinda game, head to Steam and pick up Beat Hazard. It's $10US.

It's like an arcade shooter, similar to Asteroids, etc, but the enemies that spawn/your weaponry/other things is customised to your songs, like in Audiosurf.

It's an awesome time-killer, pretty challenging when [cabbage]'s flying everywhere, and the graphics looks soooooo shiny.

Langzor away!

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone suggest a good MMORPG that's fairly easy to learn, has grinding qualities, and is free.

What do you mean by "grinding qualities"? If you mean it has grinding than just close your eyes and point at a free MMO list, honestly.

Can anyone suggest a good MMORPG that's fairly easy to learn, has grinding qualities, and is free.

What do you mean by "grinding qualities"? If you mean it has grinding than just close your eyes and point at a free MMO list, honestly.

Well, lately I've been seeing a lot of games that don't have any grind to them.

Point out a few for me.

I presume you can ask for console help as well. Here goes.

My dad is interested in purchasing a home console. He's looking at either the Xbox 360 or the PS3 (no Wii, he doesn't like the idea of shaking your arms vigorously :S).

He said that his decision will largely be based of our (as in my brothers and I) opinions, since he's uhh.. slightly technically handicapped. Personally, I'd like the PS3 (I don't really play Halo on consoles), and it has blu-ray and all, but is it worth the price (heard that the PS3 costs a bit more than the 360)?

I presume you can ask for console help as well. Here goes.

My dad is interested in purchasing a home console. He's looking at either the Xbox 360 or the PS3 (no Wii, he doesn't like the idea of shaking your arms vigorously :S).

He said that his decision will largely be based of our (as in my brothers and I) opinions, since he's uhh.. slightly technically handicapped. Personally, I'd like the PS3 (I don't really play Halo on consoles), and it has blu-ray and all, but is it worth the price (heard that the PS3 costs a bit more than the 360)?

PS3 much more worth it IMO. It's $300 for the slim, has a wireless adapter built in (360 gotta buy it for $100) and I prefer the game library.

Point out a few for me.

Perfect World. its free, good amount of rewarding quests, easy to pick up and play but does have a lot of complexities worth learning

monoclesmilecopy.jpg

Anyone have any idea where to pick up Silent Hill 2, for PC or PS2, either cheap or free? The closest thing I could get was a pirated version, but there were no seeders so it wouldn't work.

I've heard claims that its the scariest game ever made (startling doesn't count as scaring), and my current scariest played is Condemned: Criminal Origins.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

I'm stuck atm trying to choose between 3 games.

1. MW2, because I like to play online games with friends as well as sniping. Given the majority of my friends play mw2, this is my shooter option.

2. AvP, I know, a lot of people hate it, but I, on the other hand, grew up on the older Alien and Predator movies, and I also enjoyed the demo on my ps3.

3. FFXIII. I've been a fan of this franchise for years now. Not much else to say except ZOMGORZ FINAL FANTASY.

I only have the cash for 1 of those 3 atm, but I haven't been able to try any of them out to see which I like best. I like to game a lot, but with a casual twist (as in, if there is a show, friends want to chill, or I feel like jogging a bit more than usual, its goodbye game for however long). So I'm open to suggestions on which one to buy :)

"Don't get in my face, don't invade my space. I'll put you in your place.

I'll only tell you once, I'll never tell you twice. This is me being nice." ~Porcelain and the Tramps

Lqt9R.png

Honestly I would just save your money dude. All 3 of those choices suck.

I'm looking for something that actually answers my question. I know ppl hate AvP. I know CoD4 is better than MW2 and I know many FF fans were disappointed with 13, but I have an odd taste in games (AvP for example), and for those able to stick through the 13 hour long how to play in FFXIII, the game actually becomes fun from what I've read. I'm getting 1 of the 3, not none at all. I rarely get new games, so I want to buy 1, of those 3. Not save my money.

"Don't get in my face, don't invade my space. I'll put you in your place.

I'll only tell you once, I'll never tell you twice. This is me being nice." ~Porcelain and the Tramps

Lqt9R.png

I'm stuck atm trying to choose between 3 games.

1. MW2, because I like to play online games with friends as well as sniping. Given the majority of my friends play mw2, this is my shooter option.

2. AvP, I know, a lot of people hate it, but I, on the other hand, grew up on the older Alien and Predator movies, and I also enjoyed the demo on my ps3.

3. FFXIII. I've been a fan of this franchise for years now. Not much else to say except ZOMGORZ FINAL FANTASY.

I only have the cash for 1 of those 3 atm, but I haven't been able to try any of them out to see which I like best. I like to game a lot, but with a casual twist (as in, if there is a show, friends want to chill, or I feel like jogging a bit more than usual, its goodbye game for however long). So I'm open to suggestions on which one to buy :)

In my opinion, you have 2 choices. If you'd rather play online, then I suggest MW2. If you'd rather want to fuel your fanerr... girlism, then you should pick FFXIII, although it might be more difficult to get back into the story after you've put it down for a while.

priest_wiz.png