Looking for a New Game? Ask Here!

Necromagus

Depends how cheaply you could get them. You could probably afford one of the third gen games (Ruby/sapphire/emerald/firered/leafgreen) and an older 4th gen game (Diamond or pearl) if you buy them used. You could probably only afford one of the newer ones used, heartgold and soulsilver are upwards of $30 new, I think.

Just see how much the games cost.

Yea. i was taken a look on craglist and other sites

Most people are selling leaf green and fire red for 15-20

diamond is like 20+ and pearl 20+ platlinum is 15-20 for some reason?

heart gold and soul silver 15-30 depending if u want the walker or not

Kingmickez25.png

If you're okay with not having the walker, get either heartgold or soulsilver. This is what you miss out on without it, though if you don't walk a lot you don't lose anything. If you do want the walker with it, get platinum.

Then either save the rest or see if you can get one of the 3rd gen (advance) games for under $15. Ruby/sapphire/emerald may be worth looking in to if firered/leafgreen are too much.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anybody know any games that will run well on quite an old machine with lowish specs?

It's only a 1.7gHZ...

I don't care about the age of it, I just finished playing Half Life 1 for third time, so my expectations on graphic quality is low...

I'd prefer if it was a FPS bur an RPG would be fine.

If you like strategy games, Age of Empires 2 is always great. Starcraft would also probably run well.

Is twilight princess any good? Came home from uni to find my dad has randomly bought a Wii. Should I take this chance to get it?

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Can anyone recommend me some good PS2 RPGs?

But not Final Fantasy, not a big fan of them.

Persona 4.

Also in that line, get SMT: Nocturne if you can find it.

And danq, it's a good game, get it if you can for cheap.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

I got a free $75.00 gift card from walmart with buying a new Xbox 360 S, so I bought two games. Batman Arkham Asylum, and Dragon Age Origins : Ultimate Edition.

I've never played Dragon Age and I was curious how it plays since I can't play it until tomorrow or later with all the homework I have on my plate. I'm into Rpg's like fallout and oblivion so is it similar to those? My biggest concern is if its similar to Final Fantasy I tried to play the new final fantasy and hated it.

I should be getting more games soon such as Red Dead Redemption, Fable 3, and Forza 3. Any suggestions to what else I should look into?

Low_C.png

Is Fallout: NV any good? I saw some of the marketing for it (the brochures) and damn, it looks really interesting, especially the open world idea. I've heard it's plagued with dumb bugs though.

Yeah it's good, i've played through once and not had a game breaking bug yet.

Low_C.png

• 1 month later...

Looking for a game for my ps3, not sure what though. I'm a bit stuck - just because i don't like how some of the games i liked have developed. I wouldn't play online, if that helps.

Driving

For example i loved Driv3r, but hated Drvier - Parallel Lines. (they tried to copy GTA, which i don't like either. Annoying gameplay and camera angles)

Loved Burnout 3, hated Burnout Paradise.

Loved Destruction derby 2, hated destruction derby arenas.

I like driving games, but i've always played them with some sort of crashing involved - So not sure if i'd like Gran Turismo for example.

Sport

Played all the Tony hawks games up to American Wasteland to death, still not sure whether to venture into the the newer versions, or Skate.

Played Fifa to death as well, football games tend to bore me now - even on multiplayer.

Played an old ~2005ish snooker game that i liked aswell, have these developed much?

Also a big poker fan, if there's any decent games for that.

Shooting

Liked the Driv3r style (http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2005/086/reviews/561978_20050328_screen010.jpg)

Interested in games like Call of duty but indecisiveness has always stopped me. They seem to release them one after another so fast i've always thought they were poor since they were rushed.

Also liked the original worms, crash bandicoot etc...

Any advice welcome, i'll look up the gameplay on youtube to see what i think.

johannase.jpg

Thank you to tripsis for an awesome sig!

Yeah i probably will pick up a call of duty game 2nd hand, they seem to go pretty cheap. Was just wondering if people just bought them for the multiplayer though? Is there a better 'campaign/1p mode' on another game though?

johannase.jpg

Thank you to tripsis for an awesome sig!

Most shooter games have cruddy campaign modes tbh (that is, most shooters not named metroid). If you're looking for an overall good campaign though, I'd suggest trying out the bioshock series for pc....

div>

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah i probably will pick up a call of duty game 2nd hand, they seem to go pretty cheap. Was just wondering if people just bought them for the multiplayer though? Is there a better 'campaign/1p mode' on another game though?

I have yet to touch the campaign on Black Ops. Multiplayer is just more fun to me. Campaign basically the enemies are in THE EXACT same spot with damn good aim every bullet, whereas multiplayer, you're playing against other people's brains and skills. Just more fun to me.

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

I have yet to touch the campaign on Black Ops. Multiplayer is just more fun to me. Campaign basically the enemies are in THE EXACT same spot with damn good aim every bullet, whereas multiplayer, you're playing against other people's brains and skills. Just more fun to me.

Or lack of, when it comes to CoD. If you wanta good story based FPS, try borderlands.

lampost_sig_stark.png

• 4 weeks later...

Is Super Mario 64 good? I'm considering downloading it on Wii Virtual Console, since I've got 1200 points still (got Super Mario World, highly recommend it).

Are you kidding me?

It is so [bleep]ing good.

Probably my favorite 64 game. At least top 3.

I really want to play it again.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

Mmhmm...super mario 64 on wii console is the best, even better than the ds version. Mind you, replaying old games does lose some lustre, and I found it to be boring after just 4 hours of play. Oh, and for all those looking for a 'kid friendly' racing game, twisted metal comes out in 3 weeks for the ps3.

div>

I agree, Mario 64 was my favorite game as a kid, I remember beating it and wanting to have another go at it soon after.

Has anyone tried out Homefront? I'm interested in some new games even though i have a 5 game backlog.

Low_C.png

K thanks, i'll stay away from it until a price drop. Now I just have to peel myself away from homework and minecraft long enough to play my console games lol.

Low_C.png

@lowc: just do what I did during grade 5: find a family of asians, and live with them for 6 months. By the end of it, you'll be ahead in school by 3 years, and have 100% in all your video games..../steoreotypes ftw!/

Oh, and if you like bioshock2, then you'll be happy to know that the multiplayer version of it (conduit2) comes out next month for wii...

div>