Looking for a New Game? Ask Here!

Necromagus

Any games that are like Dark Souls with the levelling and the overall feel of the game, like one mistake can't be undone?

Demon's Souls, its previous iteration. :P

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I live with two housemates who are very keen on gaming, and we have a room with all the computers together which we go on during breaks. Over the past university year, we've been enjoying co-operative hardcore Minecraft and have really enjoyed the experience of working as a group at the same time on a LAN server. However, we've pretty much exhausted all of the possibilities that it has to offer and want a game we can collectively get into the next year. Runescape isn't really an option because we really want to learn the game at the same time, but an MMORPG of that type would otherwise fit the bill.

My only specifications are this:

1. It can be played as a co-operative group of 3.

2. It has high replayability or has a decently long gameplay length.

Any suggestions?

~ W ~

sigzi.png

I live with two housemates who are very keen on gaming, and we have a room with all the computers together which we go on during breaks. Over the past university year, we've been enjoying co-operative hardcore Minecraft and have really enjoyed the experience of working as a group at the same time on a LAN server. However, we've pretty much exhausted all of the possibilities that it has to offer and want a game we can collectively get into the next year. Runescape isn't really an option because we really want to learn the game at the same time, but an MMORPG of that type would otherwise fit the bill.

Any suggestions?

HoN

LOL

SC2

WoW (PVP w/ 3 ppl in the same room would be awesome IMO)

Diablo 3 has a LOT of playabilty w/ 3 people

Sanctum-First/third person TD game.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Any suggestions?

Magicka, Worms Armageddon, Trackmania are all good LAN games. Most RTS games too.

If you own Half-Life 2 there's a mod that lets you play co-operatively which I've heard is good but I've never tried it out.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

Anyone have a good game with single player that is sandbox based in medieval-ish times, mainly no modern firearms or major explosives? No limit on cost atm, just looking for a decent one.

Anyone have a good game with single player that is sandbox based in medieval-ish times, mainly no modern firearms or major explosives? No limit on cost atm, just looking for a decent one.

Highly realistic medieval-ish, or is a fantasy setting alright?

If a fantasy setting is alright, I'd recommend The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim or Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.

"Don't get in my face, don't invade my space. I'll put you in your place.

I'll only tell you once, I'll never tell you twice. This is me being nice." ~Porcelain and the Tramps

Lqt9R.png

If a fantasy setting is alright, I'd recommend The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim or Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.

Mainly anything that I can swing a sword and smash somebody in :P

I would definitely recommend either of those, or if you REALLY want a game mainly for the combat, Dark Souls. You really feel as though you're swinging a heavy weapon when you use one in that game. It's not exactly sandbox though, so it might not interest you. (It has an "open world" in which all the areas are connected together amazingly, but it's not a go anywhere, do anything type of game. Mostly played for the good combat system)

Of the two I mentioned before, if you want a heavy sandbox experience and have a semi-decent PC, Skyrim is a must of the two. If on console, either or is fine. But on PC, Skyrim with mods is better by far.

I'll only tell you once, I'll never tell you twice. This is me being nice." ~Porcelain and the Tramps

Lqt9R.png

I would definitely recommend either of those, or if you REALLY want a game mainly for the combat, Dark Souls. You really feel as though you're swinging a heavy weapon when you use one in that game. It's not exactly sandbox though, so it might not interest you. (It has an "open world" in which all the areas are connected together amazingly, but it's not a go anywhere, do anything type of game. Mostly played for the good combat system)

Of the two I mentioned before, if you want a heavy sandbox experience and have a semi-decent PC, Skyrim is a must of the two. If on console, either or is fine. But on PC, Skyrim with mods is better by far.

Yeah, my PC isn't great and I could really use some upgrading on it... Actually I should build myself a nice new one, but on topic. Yeah, I'd have to go console so I'll have to look up Kingdoms of Amalur.

Edit: I do know what Skyrim is and may have a copy available.

• 3 weeks later...

Any games that are like Dark Souls with the levelling and the overall feel of the game, like one mistake can't be undone?

Apart from Demon's Souls, nah. You've got monster hunter in the sense of not forgiving mistakes during combat, but there is no leveling or exploration in it.

crossed_body.png

• 4 months later...

Hi I'm Aten and I need a new PC game now that I've got a new laptop :>

Intel Core i5-3210M 2.5GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M, 2GB VRAM

6GB DDR3

Most genres are okay, but preferably something that I can keep playing for a while (for instance, no single-player storyline/campaign type games, though feel free to suggest them if they have a great multiplayer component!). Specific genres I'd rather avoid right now are micro-intensive games or games involving a lot of grinding (MMO, MOBA, and RTS are the main ones I'm talking about). I like games that are pretty competitive though and that have a fairly sizeable community. Graphics are relatively unimportant to me compared to gameplay.

Past games I have really enjoyed include Runescape, CS 1.6, CoD (2 and 4), WarSow, Puzzle Pirates, and Minesweeper.

Follow my road to 5.6/Gold Reaper/True Trim - DAT BLOG

• 2 months later...

Chivalry or War of the Roses?

Cost doesnt really matter and i am most interested in the gameplay. There were reviews for which one when both came out, they rated Chivalry better. But apparently there were going to be in game content updates later on, so taking that into account which game is better now?

SUPER.gif

• 4 weeks later...

I don't own either but from what I've seen chilvary looks way more fun. Unless they come up with an update that completely overhauls the combat of war of roses, I don't see war of roses ever being better.

2480+ total

• 1 month later...

I've been itching for a decent RTS game lately, and the only one I own is some really old game I had when I was a teen. So I'm looking for an RTS, but one that has things such as natural hazards (kinda like Sim City's and such) and is in a medieval, fantasy setting. If anyone knows something that fits those guidelines, please let me know. :)

Lqt9R.png

I've been itching for a decent RTS game lately, and the only one I own is some really old game I had when I was a teen. So I'm looking for an RTS, but one that has things such as natural hazards (kinda like Sim City's and such) and is in a medieval, fantasy setting. If anyone knows something that fits those guidelines, please let me know. :)

I highly recommend the Total War Franchise, although it doesnt really fit the fantasy description it is amazing, one of the best games i have ever played.

SUPER.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone played Dragon's Dogma? I tried the demo and it's the kind of game that I wanted to like, but I'm not completely sold on it (It isn't without its flaws, to put it lightly).

I'd rather not go into a long and disturbingly indepth description of my preferences, so the short version: If I liked Dark Souls/Skyrim, would I like this game?

• 3 weeks later...

Wonder if anyone can help me. Looking for a new game (PC). Something similar to Tomb Raider/Splinter Cell, i suppose. Nothing 1st Person. Something that's lengthy with the possibility to replay.

Any ideas?

I guess the obvious one would be the Assassin's Creed series, but apart from that, the Metal Gear Solid franchise, the new Batman games, Alpha Protocol, the Hitman games are the big third-person stealthy games I can think of.

There's Beyond Good and Evil too, which is a personal favourite of mine.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

Yeah actually got the Hitman Series earlier today. Fun so far. Been thinking about AC3 but some people say it's not really that good. Although it seems like a lot of fun. Metal Gear is PS3 only right?

Yeah actually got the Hitman Series earlier today. Fun so far. Been thinking about AC3 but some people say it's not really that good. Although it seems like a lot of fun. Metal Gear is PS3 only right?

Yeah, AC3 isn't all that great, but AC2 and Brotherhood are pretty enjoyable. And MGS is only on Playstation consoles for the moment. The original on PS1 (or the PS store), 2 and 3 on the PS2 and 4 on the PS3. I say for the moment because I think the newest one might be coming out on X360 but I'm unsure.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

• 1 month later...

Today I pulled out Sega GT 2002 for my xbox, and I have to say, I really love this game. I also have project gotham, which I am decidedly less fond of.

I am wondering if anyone had some ideas for a racing game in the vein of Sega GT that I might be able to get for the computer. Nice car selection, and not feeling like a total arcade game. In particular, I am hoping to be able to get both Nissan and Lotus cars.