Nervous about prices?

60DefenceMelee

Poll  

1. 1. Poll

I'd sell it lowest price you can just leave it up then and buy it again 2-3 months when its price has steadied

Whats the point of the item if you are just going to be merchanting it? He wants it for training strength, and it wont be doing that on the GE.

I agree with what has already been said - If you cant absorb the flow of an item as it rises and falls in price, you cant afford that item. If you NEED to check the GE database each day to see if your item has gone up or down in price, you cant afford that item.

Sure the exception is if you are merchanting the item, but If you are going to be using it for actual purposes in game, you should be able to buy it and not worry about selling it unless you dont want it anymore.

erjypx.jpg

Just kidding ladies, you know I love you =D

Guide to Making Money with NPC Trading

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a person who doesn't like to take chances with my cash on rs. yesterday i saw that the saradomin sword had dropped by 7k and today it dropped by 12k. When i try to sell, no one will buy. this always makes me nervous. can someone tell me how to deal with this... i dont care about losing like 15k but if ss drops by like 200k one day, ill be uber pissed.

It's the credit crunch, people can't afford these items any more.

How witty.

Everything i buy crashes. I'm used to loosing cash by now. Hell, lost an SGS on pvp release day, atm i have a set of d claws so im hoping they dont crash.

If your that worried about your cash pixels , you need to shake yourself and realise it's pixels not RL.

X_kaylin_X.png

Everything i buy crashes. I'm used to loosing cash by now. Hell, lost an SGS on pvp release day, atm i have a set of d claws so im hoping they dont crash.

If your that worried about your cash pixels , you need to shake yourself and realise it's pixels not RL.

but you used your reallife time to get those pixels. You wouldn't want to waste time for no reason.

61,358th to 99 range on May 23rd, 2010.

100,927th to 99 def on February 13th, 2011.

pigeons.png

Relics.png

Plus you gotta realize the benefit you can get out of the item and if it covers any minor price fluctuations- dragon axes for example- i hang on to mine because it helps me cut magics faster, and even if it dropped a mil, I could easily get that back in a day. It depends on how much profit you can get from the item- daxe helps me wc faster than rune axe, so its worth it. However, if I'm using daxe for powertraining at willows, then yeah... more to be concerned about because you arent making any money.

If I have a rune axe that's 15% fewer magics i can cut in the same amount of time- approximately- so lets say I cut 1000 with a daxe- thats only 850 with a rune axe, a difference of about 200k. Again, this depends on your lvl and all, but just an example.

Of course, if you buy a daxe, never use it, your wc is 60, and suddenly it drops 300k, then yeah, that sucks. And you were stupid lol.

Additionally, there is the xp factor to consider- if ss helps you get faster str xp than you would with a dscim, and if you got say, 200k more xp a week with ss, then you'd have to decide if you would be willing to pay 100k or 200k for that xp. Think "if I could buy this amount of xp gain that this item gives me over a cheaper item, how much would I be willing to pay?"

Same thing with other expensive items (fury, gs, etc.)

If you are using the item to generate more cash than you would be able to without it, then for the most part price changes aren't as critical.

For new stuff, dclaws and plate, well... lol you'd be stupid to buy dplate right now... but the same thing holds true for dclaws. If you can make alot of money pking or something, more than just with a dds, then sure, go for it and dont stress about the price so much.

holst15.png

archsupportei2.png

OP before you post a thread worrying about 12k, take a look at price trends, there hasn't been a significant rise or fall in SS's in the past month

and honestly are you really that worried about it?

Should I assume you're Jewish?

(sorry to any jewish people i couldn't resist, i know it's stereotypical and untrue)

i hate you more by the day.

(not jewish but you should keep those things to yourself...[wagon])

but seriously just dont worry about it. it wont effect you that much in the long run

Y_Z.png

Is agrees toos muchs withs thiss posts thats Is ams lovings thiss posts sos bads. :pray:

Congratulations half-wit you just gave an English teacher somewhere a stroke. It takes to seconds to install a spell checker into firefox. I recommend it because that post makes you look like a class A moron. One maybe two spelling errors is ok but that sentence is a debacle.

Fools_Taco.png

Is agrees toos muchs withs thiss posts thats Is ams lovings thiss posts sos bads. :pray:

Congratulations half-wit you just gave an English teacher somewhere a stroke. It takes to seconds to install a spell checker into firefox. I recommend it because that post makes you look like a class A moron. One maybe two spelling errors is ok but that sentence is a debacle.

Im pretty sure he did that on purpose. If you take an S off of every word you will see what he actually meant. Some people find that sort of thing funny, I suppose...

erjypx.jpg

Just kidding ladies, you know I love you =D

Guide to Making Money with NPC Trading

the best way is to not use all of ur money up... for example i am poor and i have a pathetic 100k. i can use a 10k pretty easily... when u have 1mil i guess u can see a 100k go pretty easily. so just use 1/10 of ur money or some kind of formula that is good for u.

the best way is to not use all of ur money up... for example i am poor and i have a pathetic 100k. i can use a 10k pretty easily... when u have 1mil i guess u can see a 100k go pretty easily. so just use 1/10 of ur money or some kind of formula that is good for u.

well i have about 38m in sellable items(6m in a stat warhammer-.- lost 5m getting it) and if i saw 3.6 go away to anything i would be pretty ticked off. i didn't get above 10m till about 4 monst ago and have just recently gotten up to 33m cash with 14m from wgs and 16.4m from my first drop ever over 250k a dfs from pvp. and ittook me a long time to earn that money if i lost any of it to something stuip i would be torn! but as long as the iem isn't extreamly unstabe(godswords do not go in this category) im taking masks and d plate and soon d claws etc. you have no need to worry

Y_Z.png

If your worried about losing your cash, why don't you just lend it when your not using it? I've got a ss myself and I lend it every night and whenever I don't need it. It will definately make your cash back and even make quite a nice profit. I get about 100k a day lending my ss (I never use it lol) The ss has been pretty stable if you look at the graphs and theres a good chance it will rise. If if it does start dropping 200k a day then you have something to complain about. Bottom line is, if you don't want to risk it, don't buy it.

Money_Wasted.png

Im the type of person who, once they buy something, will not sell it - hence I have multiple Godswords...

My reasoning being - if I was prepared to pay 110M for and SGS a week after it was released, then at the time i thought it was worth that much money, and I still do.

This also forces me to make money more often, rather than selling/buying each time i think of training a different skill...

Works for me.

Lanthode.png