Nervous about prices?

60DefenceMelee

Poll  

1. 1. Poll

I am a person who doesn't like to take chances with my cash on rs. yesterday i saw that the saradomin sword had dropped by 7k and today it dropped by 12k. When i try to sell, no one will buy. this always makes me nervous. can someone tell me how to deal with this... i dont care about losing like 15k but if ss drops by like 200k one day, ill be uber pissed.

houmelesss.png

Addicted to staking at the Duel Arena. Message me when I am on rs to fight. Private chat always on. No Dragon Claws when staking. I am a member but got no member stats in hiscores atm.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have that exact same problem! I have 11.5mil in my bank, but I won't spend it because the market is so unstable it isn't worth losing the cash.

Then you're going to spend the rest of your days worrying and without being able to spend your cash.

When I buy an item, I usually sell it that day so I don't lose money unless I plan on keeping it (Very few things I plan on keeping) but when I do keep them, I don't care about the loss.

Pretty much every half decent item with good prices are merchanted, therefore the item you buy now that's going up, next week will probably have crashed and be unsellable.

That's life, you must take risks. Buy the item's you feel you need, and when you're finished with them, be it a week/month check, you'll have probably profited. If not, then wait they're more than likely sure to rise again.

To the topic creator, Ss's are merched quite frequently from what I've seen. Chances are, it'll go back up.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

I'm very nervous about seeing Dragon Claws crashing.

I still have one pair, and I'd like to get every penny I can get my money-grubbing hands on.

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

I'm very nervous about seeing Dragon Claws crashing.

I still have one pair, and I'd like to get every penny I can get my money-grubbing hands on.

thats why i sold my d claws when they were 7m. look at them now. like 20m. on ge and 50m on street. (i bought on ge max for 2m) :x

houmelesss.png

Addicted to staking at the Duel Arena. Message me when I am on rs to fight. Private chat always on. No Dragon Claws when staking. I am a member but got no member stats in hiscores atm.

If you are worried about the item you are considering is going to drop in price its a pretty good indication you cant afford to buy that item. You guys wouldn't worry about buying a torags plate body would you? Because that's more in your comfort range.

If you had a bank roll of 200m then these items you are talking about you wouldn't even bat an eye at getting. Just keep doing what you are doing and eventually your bank roll will reach a point that you can afford these items.

Fools_Taco.png

I've noticed things like this too. The first time I bought a granite body, quite awhile back, it was 132k. Today I bought one because I didn' have a body better than rune, and it was 64k.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

OP before you post a thread worrying about 12k, take a look at price trends, there hasn't been a significant rise or fall in SS's in the past month

and honestly are you really that worried about it?

Should I assume you're Jewish?

(sorry to any jewish people i couldn't resist, i know it's stereotypical and untrue)

[hide]

Damnit, I tripped over Magzar's half inflated blow-up doll and hurt myself. I wish he wouldn't leave that thing lying around. -.-

[/hide]

i see it as renting an item since it will always either drop or raise if it drops u lose but u got to use it.

but if u own it and its a good item just fletch some maple u bows and start lending it when ur not using

that way u make money and get to use it ;)

98% Of teenagers surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER!

I remember when prices took their biggest drop back on August 20'th. I was the proud owner of a BGS, which was stable at 29m for the longest time, Until I noticed it was falling down below 25m. Like the rest of them, I dumped my BGS in the GE at min price and waited a couple days for it to sell. In the end, I lost about 6m on it, and now I realize that it was a dumb move on my part.

Nowadays I'm up over 105m net worth and dont even check GE graphs anymore.

100111011101.png

5417.png

OP before you post a thread worrying about 12k, take a look at price trends, there hasn't been a significant rise or fall in SS's in the past month

(sorry to any jewish people i couldn't resist, i know it's stereotypical and untrue)

omg and i didnt read urs till after i posted gotta love a good jew joke and then saying its a joke (serious people arent funny)

98% Of teenagers surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER!

Worried about a SS? If you want to train str and not be worried, get dragon scimitar and rune defender or obby shield, or whip+def/obby shield for att. I understand you can't sell, and if you REALLY wanna sell, go W2 ge. 2 weeks ago I lost BGS in PvP (My fault and I accept it), but IDC about it. Today doing solo merching I lost 800k (Some private clan was merching the same item and I didn't know.) If you are worried bout SS crashing, maybe your not just playing RS for fun.

ib7rVm.png

a couple months ago wasnt ss like 7m not 7.7?

im not a jew btw

houmelesss.png

look, i am not like you people. i look at your sigs and you are all like cb +120 with like 100m cash.i am 91 cb and net of 10m. think about that.

houmelesss.png

People panic when they see red or a drop in price. Everyone tries to go sell their item. All you have to do is not be apart of that panic, and just wait until the item starts to raise again. Assuming it will raise again. Checking the history of the item often helps too.

Tbfgraphx14

Happy to find I'm not the only one who eats glass.

look, i am not like you people. i look at your sigs and you are all like cb +120 with like 100m cash.i am 91 cb and net of 10m. think about that.

Then you cant afford these items anyway, case closed.

Fools_Taco.png

The merchants...

Jagex never got rid of scamming (item scamming, RTW, etc.), people just found a different way to scam people: price manipulation. This became a big issue in late 2008 and now it is growing even worse. Jagex must do something about it soon. I hate it that I can buy a zgs today at say 30M, then next week it's 20M and I can't sell it. There needs to be stricter price controls. Jagex needs to crack down on these groups of price manipulations and either disperse them by destroying their clan chats or putting in rules in the GE to make sure an item isn't riding price waves up and down the majority of the time.

Rich merchants are profiting while the prices of our everyday items are going nuts.

The structure of the GE invited this. Jagex did not think this over. The GE allows anyone to view the average price of any tradable item, a tool which should have never been given to the public. Before the GE price manipulation was far less profitable and less practiced. The only major price manipulation before the GE (besides other rares) were the half wine [bleep]es, and that was done when practically every merchant knew each other.

The trick is to discourage these groups of price manipulators by disallowing the public to view prices. As I said this needs to be fixed before it gets out of control (and it's pretty out of control now, more and more price manipulation groups are popping up all over the place).

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .