60DefenceMelee

Poll  

1. 1. Poll

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The merchants...

Jagex never got rid of scamming (item scamming, RTW, etc.), people just found a different way to scam people: price manipulation. This became a big issue in late 2008 and now it is growing even worse. Jagex must do something about it soon. I hate it that I can buy a zgs today at say 30M, then next week it's 20M and I can't sell it. There needs to be stricter price controls. Jagex needs to crack down on these groups of price manipulations and either disperse them by destroying their clan chats or putting in rules in the GE to make sure an item isn't riding price waves up and down the majority of the time.

Rich merchants are profiting while the prices of our everyday items are going nuts.

The structure of the GE invited this. Jagex did not think this over. The GE allows anyone to view the average price of any tradable item, a tool which should have never been given to the public. Before the GE price manipulation was far less profitable and less practiced. The only major price manipulation before the GE (besides other rares) were the half wine [bleep]es, and that was done when practically every merchant knew each other.

The trick is to discourage these groups of price manipulators by disallowing the public to view prices. As I said this needs to be fixed before it gets out of control (and it's pretty out of control now, more and more price manipulation groups are popping up all over the place).

Is agrees toos muchs withs thiss posts thats Is ams lovings thiss posts sos bads. :pray:

houmelesss.png

Addicted to staking at the Duel Arena. Message me when I am on rs to fight. Private chat always on. No Dragon Claws when staking. I am a member but got no member stats in hiscores atm.

The structure of the GE invited this. Jagex did not think this over. The GE allows anyone to view the average price of any tradable item, a tool which should have never been given to the public. Before the GE price manipulation was far less profitable and less practiced. The only major price manipulation before the GE (besides other rares) were the half wine [bleep]es, and that was done when practically every merchant knew each other.

The trick is to discourage these groups of price manipulators by disallowing the public to view prices. As I said this needs to be fixed before it gets out of control (and it's pretty out of control now, more and more price manipulation groups are popping up all over the place).

That sounds incredibly stupid, I hope i've misunderstood you.

You're saying people should not be allowed to see the average price of items?

It's quite late, so I could've read your post wrong.

Zerker_jane.png

OP before you post a thread worrying about 12k, take a look at price trends, there hasn't been a significant rise or fall in SS's in the past month

and honestly are you really that worried about it?

Should I assume you're Jewish?

(sorry to any jewish people i couldn't resist, i know it's stereotypical and untrue)

look, i am not like you people. i look at your sigs and you are all like cb +120 with like 100m cash.i am 91 cb and net of 10m. think about that.

whats the purpose of the SS for you? ask your self that. Ask your self if it will pay for its self during its use.

If yes>

If no>

end if

OP before you post a thread worrying about 12k, take a look at price trends, there hasn't been a significant rise or fall in SS's in the past month

(sorry to any jewish people i couldn't resist, i know it's stereotypical and untrue)

look, i am not like you people. i look at your sigs and you are all like cb +120 with like 100m cash.i am 91 cb and net of 10m. think about that.

whats the purpose of the SS for you? ask your self that. Ask your self if it will pay for its self during its use.

If yes>

If no>

end if

well ss is the fastest strength experiance in the game per hour. and its free magic experiance. (the spec) thats why i like it.

houmelesss.png

Addicted to staking at the Duel Arena. Message me when I am on rs to fight. Private chat always on. No Dragon Claws when staking. I am a member but got no member stats in hiscores atm.

not everyone here is 120+ with 100m. alot of people here are far, far below that, but are still a lil less carefull with money. seriously, 200k? minor annoyance.

but woried when it drops 12k? thats just sad. all items rise and fall a little bit, its natural. thyll go back up and when they do, if your scared of losing money, sell

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

The merchants...

Jagex never got rid of scamming (item scamming, RTW, etc.), people just found a different way to scam people: price manipulation. This became a big issue in late 2008 and now it is growing even worse. Jagex must do something about it soon. I hate it that I can buy a zgs today at say 30M, then next week it's 20M and I can't sell it. There needs to be stricter price controls. Jagex needs to crack down on these groups of price manipulations and either disperse them by destroying their clan chats or putting in rules in the GE to make sure an item isn't riding price waves up and down the majority of the time.

Rich merchants are profiting while the prices of our everyday items are going nuts.

There's another way to "reduce" the effect of the manipulators, and prevent mega crashing/risings..

The problem is uneducated people! - people don't know that price changes are normal, and asume they're loosing money on the long term.. (or they care too much about the short term)..

In real life everyone can see the stock-prices (or whatever they're called) of say oil: however do people panic and start buying all petrol when it rose a lot? - Or do people sell immediatelly all stocked up petrol when prices fall a little bit?

No, it's because the amount of people inbetween, big companies buy it, sell it to pump holders(?) and those sell it -for an almost stable price- to the consumer! - Sure everyone knows that buying directly from the big-merchants is cheaper, but why won't you do it? - Because you get a lot more services from the pump holder!

So what should JAGEX do? - Make buying at the GE less "good", and make it able for people to profit again by adding services like selling "on the spot"...

That way you would get 2 "merchanters": first teh speculator, those buy en masse, and make the ge price shift like hell..

But also the "common merchant": he buys also from ge, but sells to the public for a more stable (but slightly more expensive) price. (He can't adjust his prices too quickly, cause else another "common merchant" who still had some of the old -old priced based- stock would sell for more!

Basically going back to the old system with W2 being a crazy market (now ge) yet most people sell for less etc..

This way you don't need any restrictions (even less than now), yet the economy is more healthy!

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

The merchants...

They could maby take away the price graphs, but they wont. But the GE in its current incarnation was MADE for that type of merchanting. There is no way they can stop it without totally redoing it. It makes me laugh like a little girl guide that just sold a box of cookies when i think about the soultion. If they would have let us put items in the GE for whatever price we wanted, forget about the auto rise and fall % we wouldent be in this mess. The GE price would be the real price, it would rise and fall like it use to back in the day, and there would be no junk trades.

The solution to problems like this is less controls not more.

Oh and if they took away the price graph thing someone would make a site that provides the same service with ftp bots sitting at the GE and checking prices. People were already developing them when the GE first came out, they all scraped them when the web interface was implemented.

Jagax created all these problems themselves. They know this. It will be a cold day in hell before they actually implement a solution.

And my original statement still stands. If you are worried about the price swing you cant afford the item.

Fools_Taco.png

i had over 100m at 90 combat :S just go about earning money you will have to do it at some point if you want better items or to be careless about your cash.

69er_is_best.png

GWD solo drops: Armadyl Hilt sold at 63.5m - (More to come hopefully)

lulz you picked the wrong person to say that to

I'm level 106, with about 4m right now

i still blow my nose on 12k

[hide]

Damnit, I tripped over Magzar's half inflated blow-up doll and hurt myself. I wish he wouldn't leave that thing lying around. -.-

[/hide]

I have that exact same problem! I have 11.5mil in my bank, but I won't spend it because the market is so unstable it isn't worth losing the cash.

Then you're going to spend the rest of your days worrying and without being able to spend your cash.

When I buy an item, I usually sell it that day so I don't lose money unless I plan on keeping it (Very few things I plan on keeping) but when I do keep them, I don't care about the loss.

Pretty much every half decent item with good prices are merchanted, therefore the item you buy now that's going up, next week will probably have crashed and be unsellable.

That's life, you must take risks. Buy the item's you feel you need, and when you're finished with them, be it a week/month check, you'll have probably profited. If not, then wait they're more than likely sure to rise again.

To the topic creator, Ss's are merched quite frequently from what I've seen. Chances are, it'll go back up.

I'm the exact opposite. Whenever I buy an item, I expect that the item will become worthless. I keep it for the item, and never sell any of the items I buy.

sigbad0xt.jpg

Jack of all trades, master of thieving. 259th to 99 thieving. All stats 75+

many items are merchanted up and down but rarely have a net change in price

when I buy an item I buy it because I want it, and don't sell it unless it full-on crashes or I lose my use for it. losing money on an item isn't the end of the world

Dunno about nervous, but like whenever I need a new whip for example, and it costs like 1.6m from a sudden [bleep]e, i'm like ffs it should be 1.2m, should I buy it like now or wait a bit?

I always end up buying it like 1 minute after thinking ffs just staring at the screen.

I don't even resell them unless i'm like going f2p or something.

Zerker_jane.png

Man up? Nah I'm only joking (but that's what my coach would say....damn him), it's a perfectly normal feeling that everyone gets in these situations.

The best thing to do? There are a few. Rhyme was not intentional btw.

1) Forget it. All items fall then rise, so if you are planning to USE your Saradomin Sword, the fact that it is falling should not AFFECT YOU AT ALL. This is because you will use it anyway, so you can simply sell it when it rebounds again--and use it to the fullest until then. Don't forget to keep reassuring yourself and checking that GEDB

2) Sell it on forums. Probably not the best idea, for the reason above. Honestly I would hold it.

3) Look at the graphs better before you buy it. Probably the best way to prevent money loss, simply look at the GEDB graph before you enter in an offer and use your judgement. You want to buy a bit before rock bottom.

This is how merchanters make money. They sell items, price drops, everyone sells because they don't want to lose money. When everyone has their items in the GE, the merchanters buy the item in such large amounts that the item sky-rockets and everyone loses money.

Well, at least this is true for clan merchanting.

By not selling an item when it goes down, you'll make it harder for others to merchant and not get caught in the waves.

As for your sara sword, keep it. It goes up and down so much that it's hard to tell its true value. If you use it still, just leave it in your bank. It's not worth wasting money selling it at lowest and buying it back later when it can't be bought at max.

omg and i didnt read urs till after i posted gotta love a good jew joke and then saying its a joke (serious people arent funny)

God damnit, sick of those bastards saying Jewish people are greedy.. Get a hold of reality people, it's the world that's greedy damnit. :roll:

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

Worried about a SS? If you want to train str and not be worried, get dragon scimitar and rune defender or obby shield, or whip+def/obby shield for att. I understand you can't sell, and if you REALLY wanna sell, go W2 ge. 2 weeks ago I lost BGS in PvP (My fault and I accept it), but IDC about it. Today doing solo merching I lost 800k (Some private clan was merching the same item and I didn't know.) If you are worried bout SS crashing, maybe your not just playing RS for fun.

You call ruining the market, annoying thousands of players and crashing items for pixel money fun? (directed at the private clan) Im stingee with my money cause its all i realy have for myself, sadly. :(

Popoto.~<3

well i am 116 which is getting close to 120 ill admit but until recently i only had around 12 mil net but i started farming and fishing wcing rcing and all around skilling and although its not as much as many people here i made around 30 mil before taking a break for a few months

so ifs its money thats one way of getting it

(fishing monks while growings herbs was best overall moneymaker or do manage thy kingdom on the side of all ur activities not real fast but easy and decent)

just remember its not real money your spending (at least for most people he he) and that it can always be earned back. if u let it sit in bank unused it isnt worth nething if u buy an item and it drops its better to have spent and used then to sit and rot

hope this all helps and sorry for the long thoughts just couldnt stop typing :lol:

98% Of teenagers surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER!

I am a person who doesn't like to take chances with my cash on rs. yesterday i saw that the saradomin sword had dropped by 7k and today it dropped by 12k. When i try to sell, no one will buy. this always makes me nervous. can someone tell me how to deal with this... i dont care about losing like 15k but if ss drops by like 200k one day, ill be uber pissed.

It's the credit crunch, people can't afford these items any more.