Goat detained over armed robbery claims

Da_Latios

LAGOS (Reuters) - Police in Nigeria are holding a goat on suspicion of attempted armed robbery.

Vigilantes took the black and white beast to the police saying it was an armed robber who had used black magic to transform himself into a goat to escape arrest after trying to steal a Mazda 323.

"The group of vigilante men came to report that while they were on patrol they saw some hoodlums attempting to rob a car. They pursued them. However one of them escaped while the other turned into a goat," Kwara state police spokesman Tunde Mohammed told Reuters by telephone.

"We cannot confirm the story, but the goat is in our custody. We cannot base our information on something mystical. It is something that has to be proved scientifically, that a human being turned into a goat," he said.

Belief in witchcraft is widespread in parts of Nigeria, Africa's most populous nation. Residents came to the police station to see the goat, photographed in one national newspaper on its knees next to a pile of straw.

Source: http://au.news.yahoo.com/a/-/odd/5278899

What can I say?

Due to an angered cultural extremist, this post has been edited.

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

IRC Nick: Hiroki | 99 Agility | Max Quest Points | 138 Combat

Bandos drops: 20 Hilt | 22 Chestplate | 21 Tassets | 14 Boots

Made me chuckle. I'm hating all the news threads though. Especially the ones involving violence. At least it was something different, thanks DL. :D

hopesolopatriot.jpg

Beliefs in black magic are common in Nigeria and other parts of Africa, especially in remote rural areas. So I'm sure this isn't the only case of obscure cases reported in the country.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

What can I say? ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111

Nice to see how close minded your are on other peoples cultures.

In western beliefs, this is pure stupidity but do remember Nigeria is a 3rd world country with huge poverty and very little development, obviously somethings like "witchcraft" will still exist to be believed.

In western beliefs, this is pure stupidity but do remember Nigeria is a 3rd world country with huge poverty and very little development, obviously somethings like "witchcraft" will still exist to be believed.

Are you saying that you don't find ANYONE else's beliefs funny? You're being a bit hypocritical here.

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

Are you saying that you don't find ANYONE else's beliefs funny? You're being a bit hypocritical here.

The vast majority of people who find instances like this "funny" is because how absurd it sounds within western culture, many of who are extremely close minded to the fact that not every culture is the same. There's a difference between one person beliefs and the majority of a nations beliefs, thus making it a belief of their culture so no, I don't really find it hypocritical.

The vast majority of people who find instances like this "funny" is because how absurd it sounds within western culture, many of who are extremely close minded to the fact that not every culture is the same. There's a difference between one person beliefs and the majority of a nations beliefs, thus making it a belief of their culture so no, I don't really find it hypocritical.

No matter what you say, this is still funny. Kthxbye.

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

They should eat him while they have the chance. Mmm, criminal goat.

8888kev8888.jpeg

Sigs by: Soa | Gold_Tiger10 | Harrinator1 | Guthix121 | robo | Elmo | Thru | Yaff2

Avatars by: Lit0ua | Unoalexi | Gold Tiger .

Hello friend, Senajitkaushik was epic, Good luck bro.

seriously guys, stop with all the "not another news article" posts. If you can't think of anything to say, shut it. Nobody is forcing you at gunpoint to read news articles.

Anyway, this made my day. The robber was apparently running out of ideas.

safari20hat11.jpg

We should euthanize anyone who lacks the capability to contribute to society in any way.

Please don't elect this man for president in 2012

This is part of the prophecy written long ago on TIF, when someone wrote a story here in OT using the sentence "Dog Robs Bank" as a base for the story.

The prophecy is fulfilled :ohnoes:

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

From a logical viewpoint, it is a stupid belief. The sole news value relies on the ridiculousness of the belief, normal car thefts don't inspire many news articles. The default truth value is known; That the belief is false.

Educated people even in Nigeria no longer believe in these things. It's mostly the non-urban, impoverished population that can barely even read (or write). The goat isn't a morphed human. Even some CC footage could prove the goat just happened to be there at the time of the car theft.

It's not racism to say only an extremely, very uneducated person would come to the conclusion mentioned in the news article. I don't think they are inferior. They are just rationally challenged when it comes to understanding reality, just as many people were in western countries just a hundred years ago (and as far as some small cults are concerned, still are)

It's not the only incident either... I read this in the NY Post earlier last year http://www.nypost.com/seven/04232008/ne ... 107774.htm

April 23, 2008

KINSHASA - Police in Congo have arrested 13 suspected sorcerers accused of using black magic to steal or shrink men's penises after a wave of panic and attempted lynchings triggered by the alleged witchcraft.

It's only the result of lacking education

There's a line between being ethnocentric and pointing out pure ignorance. Hiding behind the fact that it's in their culture doesn't do anything. Human sacrifice and child prostitution were elements of a culture but that doesn't mean they're not stupid.

Well in this case, I'm a sea star that is transformed into a 14 year old boy by black magic.

Time to arrest me on armed roberry suspisction!

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

April 23, 2008

KINSHASA - Police in Congo have arrested 13 suspected sorcerers accused of using black magic to steal or shrink men's penises after a wave of panic and attempted lynchings triggered by the alleged witchcraft.

AHAHAHAHA

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

*Le sigh*

There's a line between being ethnocentric and pointing out pure ignorance. Hiding behind the fact that it's in their culture doesn't do anything. Human sacrifice and child prostitution were elements of a culture but that doesn't mean they're not stupid.

What does this have to do with human sacrifice and child prostitution?