n_odie

Weekly Poll: How long have you been playing RS?

Poll  

1. 1. Poll

Since may '04. Doesn't look like 4½ years :\

16185_s.gif

Runescape wa indeed released on January 4th 2001. RS2 was released on march 17th 2004...

I have been playing since spring 2002 just after P hats came out :P missed both scythe and bunny ears because i wasn't always on at the right times :( Still remembering how a friend and I went to the library every day after school because of the lack of internet at home :P

3-4 Years...I played the day after the F2P version of classic was removed (August 4, 2005)? #-o

RIP RU_Insane. August 3rd, 2005 - November 11th, 2012.
RU_Insane.png

My Stats on Old School RuneScape: 

RU_Insane.png
O4zgH.png
Reform Customer Support
Check Out My Threads UNRoA.gif

I've been playing since September 2004. I've seen many changes take place through Runescape, and it makes me miss the good ol' days. :|

Alex_Lei1993.png

played since about early June 2006. I still remember everyone turning in easter eggs and hearing quacking sounds and wondering how do you do that :cry: .

All of my friends quit, and I was the last one to start RS and the last one to quit it too :P .

22031_s.gif

Playing since May '04, with a few breaks here and there.

Wow it's been a while =P

I started on my first character Torksoul, then I migrated to my current character Bloodkay.

Taking a Playstation 3 break.

card.png

Somewhere around November-December 2001, I believe. ^ ^ I've taken many breaks since I've joined, though.

Since about May 2005. I would've started playing September 2004 but I had an ancient computer and it wouldn't even play RS on Low detail. :(

I also happened to get hacked later in 2005, quit, and missed 3 holiday events which I have regretted so much.

2.5 years here.

i remember in summer when my best friend from america came to show me this game and i said "yh watever" but after he left i actually gave it a chance and...here we're now.

the sad thing is that at least 10 more boys at my class played it without i even knew and when i found out year later only 1 was left playing and now even he don't :(

want_a_box.png

4 years.

5 in April. ::'

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

I get a kick out of answering this question (had a couple call me a liar. haha).... Started playing RS in April of 2008; So just 9 1/2 months to date. :D

started in the beginning of 2004. Soo 5 years \'

EDIT: yea i know my stats are pretty bad for that amount of time #-o

played like 4 or 5 years.. i forgot, but it was a loooong time..

5 years, no this isn't my main's RSN...main is in top400 on highscores

Many people in this thread saying 4+ years yet have tip.it accounts registered less than 2 years, wonder how many are lying :roll:

3-4 years off and on

98% Of teenagers surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER!

Many people in this thread saying 4+ years yet have tip.it accounts registered less than 2 years, wonder how many are lying :roll:

and mine isnt that old but i never knew about tip (at least the forums part) untill recently

idk about others but thats my story as well as perhaps many others

98% Of teenagers surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER!

I don't remember exactly when, but I think I started sometime in the November-December 2005 range. So, I think I just passed the three-year point. The 2005 Christmas event blew my mind. ::'

f203f1850c.png

I think that you will find a lot of people that were around originally hadn't found Tipit or ever felt a desire to use some of the services here. I know I found it when I was googling for quest help for one of my last quests. Even after that I didn't use the forums for some time after that. So I really wouldn't say the age of your account on a fan site really has any connection to how long you have played for, beyond that it is almost guaranteed to be younger.

My recovery questions were last set in July 6, 2005. So obviously I have been playing more then my Tip.it account, although I set them then because they had a big campaign going and I think they pushed people into it unless you really didn't want to. Before that I think it was July of 2001, although it could have been sometime in the second half of 2001.

I think the easiest way to see if people were 4+ years is ask how if they remember RSC and when the rune 2-hander was the best weapon anyone could have, at least I was told it was.

picture.php?albumid=328&pictureid=1551

I think that you will find a lot of people that were around originally hadn't found Tipit or ever felt a desire to use some of the services here. I know I found it when I was googling for quest help for one of my last quests. Even after that I didn't use the forums for some time after that. So I really wouldn't say the age of your account on a fan site really has any connection to how long you have played for, beyond that it is almost guaranteed to be younger.

My recovery questions were last set in July 6, 2005. So obviously I have been playing more then my Tip.it account, although I set them then because they had a big campaign going and I think they pushed people into it unless you really didn't want to. Before that I think it was July of 2001, although it could have been sometime in the second half of 2001.

I think the easiest way to see if people were 4+ years is ask how if they remember RSC and when the rune 2-hander was the best weapon anyone could have, at least I was told it was.

So true, Been using tip.it since f2p, but after i basically knew all there was to know about f2p i didn't use it much often at all, talkless of registering with them, lolz. Lord knows how many people could use tip.it daily and not be registered. Even after a long time as a member using tipit(mostly for items lookup and monster lookup for slayer) i still didnt register till recently.

Dpattle.png[hide=]

You think you got it bad?

My school blocks Neopets.Those dirty bastards try to keep me from feeding my Ixi. Ha!

[/hide]

Important Slayer Drops: masks-8, leafbladed sword, gmaul-3

Important treasure trail rewards: zammy page 1(3), rune kite g, zammy crozier, sara mitre, sara dhide, rune helm h1, guth page 4(2), zammy full helm, guth legs(3), sara chaps, guth page 3, zammy legs(2), and sara full helm, zammy pl8, zammy page 2, rune cane, sara page, sara crozier, zammy crozier, guth coif

Many people in this thread saying 4+ years yet have tip.it accounts registered less than 2 years, wonder how many are lying

Lol, look when I registered for this site, but yet, I've played since whenever there were just 3 servers. 00, 01 w/e.

Exactly, I can tell you all some stories lol.. When I first heard what a R2h was, it was over 2 mill for it. Back when you couldn't even tell the difference between a Rune Dagger, R2h, Rune sword, they all looked the same. Back when you could only see people's combat levels in the Wild. Here's something funny though, when party hats first came out, in 01 I believe, I mined coal literally all day long, bought 2 red P hats, gave one to my buddy and kept the other one. He sold his for like 2 R2h's, (they went way down in price) and a bunch of other junk. I forgot what I did with mine, but if I would have known they would go ridiculously up, I would have mined more coal and boughten them all.