Weekly Poll: How long have you been playing RS?

n_odie

Poll  

1. 1. Poll

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Runescape wa indeed released on January 4th 2001. RS2 was released on march 17th 2004...

I have been playing since spring 2002 just after P hats came out :P missed both scythe and bunny ears because i wasn't always on at the right times :( Still remembering how a friend and I went to the library every day after school because of the lack of internet at home :P

played since about early June 2006. I still remember everyone turning in easter eggs and hearing quacking sounds and wondering how do you do that :cry: .

All of my friends quit, and I was the last one to start RS and the last one to quit it too :P .

22031_s.gif

Since about May 2005. I would've started playing September 2004 but I had an ancient computer and it wouldn't even play RS on Low detail. :(

I also happened to get hacked later in 2005, quit, and missed 3 holiday events which I have regretted so much.

2.5 years here.

i remember in summer when my best friend from america came to show me this game and i said "yh watever" but after he left i actually gave it a chance and...here we're now.

the sad thing is that at least 10 more boys at my class played it without i even knew and when i found out year later only 1 was left playing and now even he don't :(

want_a_box.png

5 years, no this isn't my main's RSN...main is in top400 on highscores

Many people in this thread saying 4+ years yet have tip.it accounts registered less than 2 years, wonder how many are lying :roll:

and mine isnt that old but i never knew about tip (at least the forums part) untill recently

idk about others but thats my story as well as perhaps many others

98% Of teenagers surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER!

Many people in this thread saying 4+ years yet have tip.it accounts registered less than 2 years, wonder how many are lying :roll:

I think that you will find a lot of people that were around originally hadn't found Tipit or ever felt a desire to use some of the services here. I know I found it when I was googling for quest help for one of my last quests. Even after that I didn't use the forums for some time after that. So I really wouldn't say the age of your account on a fan site really has any connection to how long you have played for, beyond that it is almost guaranteed to be younger.

My recovery questions were last set in July 6, 2005. So obviously I have been playing more then my Tip.it account, although I set them then because they had a big campaign going and I think they pushed people into it unless you really didn't want to. Before that I think it was July of 2001, although it could have been sometime in the second half of 2001.

I think the easiest way to see if people were 4+ years is ask how if they remember RSC and when the rune 2-hander was the best weapon anyone could have, at least I was told it was.

picture.php?albumid=328&pictureid=1551

I think that you will find a lot of people that were around originally hadn't found Tipit or ever felt a desire to use some of the services here. I know I found it when I was googling for quest help for one of my last quests. Even after that I didn't use the forums for some time after that. So I really wouldn't say the age of your account on a fan site really has any connection to how long you have played for, beyond that it is almost guaranteed to be younger.

My recovery questions were last set in July 6, 2005. So obviously I have been playing more then my Tip.it account, although I set them then because they had a big campaign going and I think they pushed people into it unless you really didn't want to. Before that I think it was July of 2001, although it could have been sometime in the second half of 2001.

I think the easiest way to see if people were 4+ years is ask how if they remember RSC and when the rune 2-hander was the best weapon anyone could have, at least I was told it was.

So true, Been using tip.it since f2p, but after i basically knew all there was to know about f2p i didn't use it much often at all, talkless of registering with them, lolz. Lord knows how many people could use tip.it daily and not be registered. Even after a long time as a member using tipit(mostly for items lookup and monster lookup for slayer) i still didnt register till recently.

Dpattle.png[hide=]

You think you got it bad?

My school blocks Neopets.Those dirty bastards try to keep me from feeding my Ixi. Ha!

[/hide]

Important Slayer Drops: masks-8, leafbladed sword, gmaul-3

Important treasure trail rewards: zammy page 1(3), rune kite g, zammy crozier, sara mitre, sara dhide, rune helm h1, guth page 4(2), zammy full helm, guth legs(3), sara chaps, guth page 3, zammy legs(2), and sara full helm, zammy pl8, zammy page 2, rune cane, sara page, sara crozier, zammy crozier, guth coif

Many people in this thread saying 4+ years yet have tip.it accounts registered less than 2 years, wonder how many are lying

Lol, look when I registered for this site, but yet, I've played since whenever there were just 3 servers. 00, 01 w/e.

Exactly, I can tell you all some stories lol.. When I first heard what a R2h was, it was over 2 mill for it. Back when you couldn't even tell the difference between a Rune Dagger, R2h, Rune sword, they all looked the same. Back when you could only see people's combat levels in the Wild. Here's something funny though, when party hats first came out, in 01 I believe, I mined coal literally all day long, bought 2 red P hats, gave one to my buddy and kept the other one. He sold his for like 2 R2h's, (they went way down in price) and a bunch of other junk. I forgot what I did with mine, but if I would have known they would go ridiculously up, I would have mined more coal and boughten them all.

I remember realizing that there was RSC around the time I got... either addy or just barely rune, but before I finished Dragon Slayer (WAY before :lol: ) and logging in and going 'wtf lol the graphics are crap! But still cool...', and then wandering around just south of the the wilderness chopping down trees and burning them, and watching all the people fighting.

I also remember the crowd of people just north of Varrock, and how they'd fight. And I remember cautiously walking north, and then the skull popped up in the corner, and i walked a bit further -- and then a ranger started firing at me from behind a tree and I ran south again. Then I'd wait, and then go again, a little more boldly -- and when someone attacked me, I'd run. Rinse and repeat until I got bored or died. ::' And how I'd go on 'trips' where I'd take one piece of armor and a weapon, or two pieces of armor, and I'd run north to the spider hill and grab the sapphire and run back, bank the sapphire and repeat.

And one time I went into the wildy with absolutely nothing, went north to the ruins, where the greaters were -- I got pwned :D

Balance may be power, but chaos is still pretty damn fun.

Lielac.png

Canada can't be second rate, polar bears are their main mode of transportation.