Weekly Poll: How long have you been playing RS?

n_odie

Poll  

1. 1. Poll

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been playing from about 2 weeks before rubber chicken xmas event.... cant remember if it was 04 or 05

i remember the old world select page... where it was in seperate colums by region. they showed actual cities the servers where in

i remmeber a lot of the old things....

dj_phox.png

Started in 2002, was too newb to know what holiday events were :thumbdown:

Hey Nicrune007 , Whats Your Username?

twss.jpg

99 Ranged on 2/6/07 99 Hit Points on 9/5/08 99 Defense on 26/4/08 99 Attack on 14/2/09 99 Strength on 25/2/09 99 Slayer on 13/9/09\:D/

since Easter 05. took a break summer 06 to summer 08 tho

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

RuneScape came out officially to the public in January 2001.

Been playing since late April 2001. :oops:

Actually that's probably more accurate. I couldn't remember when I started exacttly, so I just looked at the copyright on the RS homepage and it was 1999-2009, so I just guessed 2000.

I do remember starting a few months after it came out, so April sounds about right for me come to think of it.

spacescenev24.jpg

I started in or around july of 2004, i stopped playing from around feb 2005 to jan 2007. Now i haven't really stopped since then :lol:

Sad to say the first holiday set i got was the chicken suit : :wall:

"i remember the old world select page... where it was in seperate colums by region. they showed actual cities the servers where in" I remember that!, not sure when it was.

P2p: 135 F2p: 124 as of July 29, 09.

P2p: 137 F2p: 126 as of September 25, 11.

mythshadows.gif

i dont remember the year exactly, but i know it was march and i know it was a friday haha

also, the main page was really...simple. it was just like 9 chests or something in a square, for different parts of the site. no real formatting. i think it was like 2002 or 2003

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

I started playing in March 2001 and played steady for about 20 months, then very occasionally checking in to chat with friends until about 3 months ago when I started playing steadily again, finding myself way behind on quests and still no cape. Though a few more weeks may remedy that.

Reminiscing, when I started there was 1 server, the only bank (west Varrock) held only coins, PvP was world wide by account setup, and the world included Lumbridge, Al Kharid, Varrock, Falador, Rimmington and a much smaller Draynor. Edgeville had no population and was called Ghost Town, its lair was called the Ghost Dungeon. So many memories, so little time.

I've played quite a few mmo's seriously over those years, and keep coming back to Runescape. It's certainly the most improved, and most responsive to its players of any online game. For me the GE is the most significant improvement (as I hated shout-selling), though the size of the game is pretty amazing. Lots of skills that still benefit from one another, plenty of mini-games, a daunting number of quests, the vast number of choices in outfits (in many other games you either wear the same thing for the same task or want to), and that's just a few.

The one (really, just one) thing I miss from other games is mail service. I understand with the trade limits that mailing items would be awkward, but the ability to post a message to a currently offline friend (limited to those who have me on their friends list as well) is part of many other mmo's and with that the differences between Runescape and others would amount to personal preferences.

And ForsakenMage and Pryomancer, I remember you from way back when, though I don't recall us chatting much at the time. With just a few hundred, then a few thousand players in the early months on one server (and then a few more), we all saw each other at least occasionally.

Good times have become better times. Andrew, Paul and Ian (and the team they gathered together) have had my admiration and appreciation from the beginning and continues to grow.

August 16, 2005. That was my starting date (Missed all the first events though, didn't start actually doing events till Hallowe'en '06 >.<). I still remember when my friend (who now hates the game, ironically) got me addicted. My birthday (February 16) will be my 3.5-year anniversary of starting. Ahhhh, to see how far I've come.

Kaze_the_Ace.png

Kaze_the_Ace.png

Kaze_the_Ace.png

SLAYERGEEK