Weekly Poll: What would you do if you lost your RS wealth?

n_odie

Poll  

1. 1. Poll

This is a very nice poll :thumbup: Anyway, I always do slow recovery. There is little point to grinding to regain money- its tiring and too frustrating. That's why I spend on my skills (you can't lose skills) and not buy any fancy stuff that can doom myself in one shot. (ex. wearing santa at ANY TIME).

Total Level 2247- 11x 99s All Combat Skills, Slayer, Summoning, Woodcutting, Herblore

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was hacked a while back. Lost everything. I guess the biggest pain in the butt was the missing quest items. :( Those are annoying. I slowly got it back. That's what I would do again. Or go F2P and skill.

vettro.png

Slowly recover. 99% of my wealth is invested in my skills so I can't really "lose" that. I only have like 20 million right now, maybe a little more, but could easily recover that in 1-2 weekends. So I guess I'd "no life until it's back," even though I wouldn't really call it no lifing. Just a few hours of runecrafting for like 4 days.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

The methods by which I first acquired my wealth are gone and I would not be able to make back even a fraction of it without a HUGE time investment therefore if I lost my wealth I would be forced into retirement.

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

i don't lose wealth at all tbh ... money just somehow walk towards me rather slowly lol, so if somehow i lose wealth ... i will be waiting and sitting and money will roll to me :thumbsup:

huntintheenemy-1.png

Legendz - 100+ F2p combat !! Join today and get TWO free cookies @@@@@

crowngolduh9.gif - Proud Leader of LEGENDZ

warsword.gif - Proud Warlord of Clan Europe

for me i'd think it would be like a druggy who was busted and sent to jail w/o a way of getting more drugs (isolation for example) and eventually being set free into the world u were in before only to realise u have nothing left so u fall right back into what got u into the situation in the first place. in rs terms...hacked/died and lost everything, quit (isolation), get bored and come back, remember why u were so addicted in the first place and start from the bottom and work you're way back to where u were or higher. knowing me that would probly mean starting a new account but then i'd get bored and return to my main. which would be good because then i would probly be forced to skill which right now isn't exactly my best friend :wall:

null20defsig.jpg

Dk drops: 37 Barrows: 11 Dragon: 33 Visage: 2 Whip: 5 Dark Bow: 1

hhank_hilll.png

mmh3.jpg

None of thsoe answers appeal to me.

Considering that the most I've ever had (in gp, not items) in rs was about 1m, I coulden't really care less. Anyway, every time I get 100k+, I ALWAYS spend it on d bones for prayer, which usually turns out to be fail anyway. I don't have an amount of money I never want to go under; when my herblore was 21 and summoning 22, I knew I needed to get herblore up so tears of guth would help summoning. So I bought about 30 clean harralanders and that other ingrediant, forgetting that stat restore pots need 22 herblore. Then I notice i need one more level, so I buy 20 grimy harralandars to clean for the xp. fail. I buy 25 more. failed again. I noticed I was almost broke, so I ended up buying grimy guams and swamp tar to make guam tar, but I bought too much, so instead of getting one needed level, I got 7 levels. I now could have done other pots which could have gotten me better xp than stat restores.

My story of wasting 100k, just wanting to get two levels so I'd get summoning xp for tears of guth, but instead getting 13 levels. I'm just glad I didn't do guthix balance potions instead =O

Death should not be taken as 'the end,' but a very effective way to cut down taxes.

I have had this happen before (Random killed me with my santa on)

At frist I wanted to quit...and I did actually. But I have been slowing recovering, still taking a long time though.

That is why when you wear rares you only keep on three items :o

None of thsoe answers appeal to me.

Every time I get 100k+, I ALWAYS spend it on d bones for prayer, which usually turns out to be fail anyway.

I think thats where your problem is... I have gotten to 61 prayer without buying bones, go kill baby blue dragon :D

I would a) just quit, RuneScape isn't even that fun anymore or B) stop playing for awhile.

I'm an expert on this...

Accumulated about 15-20m on my f2p tank mage via pking then decided I wanted to make a p2p pure with a friend, back to zero.

Made a couple/few hundred million over the course of probably a year and a half before getting hacked by my neighbor (used my lil sister to get the answers to recoveries >.<), back to zero.

Within 4-5 months I was at a new high in wealth (~500m) through various methods - staking/pking mostly - and It was like that for a long while so I was happy. Then just several days before they removed unrestricted trading the same kid hacked me again (not exactly sure how he did it that time...so I blame JaGex :P), back to zero.

Then from mid December of '07 to early February of '08 I just spent a lot of time at GWD and peaked at ~750m. I hope this money will stay with me, but if I do end up losing it all again I'll just follow the pattern and make over a billion gp :D.

P.S. - Why isn't play on another account an option? I'm sure a lot would do that (as their break) - at least I would, my lil pure is fun.

May the presents of our lord and savior, Santa, be with you this holiday season!

First annual Clausmas - 2009 December 25

in all honesty, how do these people make hundreds of millions of gp??? iv been playing for years, and have some decent levels, but iv never rated myself as "wealthy", but for people to play for a few months and earn that much... i just dont understand how you can do it.

I've lost most of my wealth a few times already. Lost 4 bges in bh, they all were over 50% of my bank when I lost them. I lost one, made the cash back for another, then lost that one. I recently lost an ags in pvp as well. In my opinion it's not really hard to start earning cash again like you used to. It's quite easy to monsterhunt or skill or w/e and make at least 300k/hour.

I know I've worked for the cash I lost so I know I can make it back eventually...

Retired High Leader of the Great Titans

linesig3bv2.jpg

DK: Dragon axe x55, Zerker x40, Warrior x44

GWD: Bandos hilt x2,Bandos plate x8,Bandos tassets x3, Bandos boots x 2, Armadyl helm x2, Armadyl hilt x1, Saradomin sword x3

Dragon drops: d chain x3, d left half x3, d legs x4, d skirt x2, d claws x6

I've lost most of my wealth a few times already. Lost 4 bges in bh, they all were over 50% of my bank when I lost them. I lost one, made the cash back for another, then lost that one. I recently lost an ags in pvp as well. In my opinion it's not really hard to start earning cash again like you used to. It's quite easy to monsterhunt or skill or w/e and make at least 300k/hour.

I know I've worked for the cash I lost so I know I can make it back eventually...

It's not that easy for everyone. :(

I only once lost all of my wealth, when I was a f2per. It was a a few hundred million from merchanting. I was msg'd by a Scaper' called Queenofcrazy (Still remember the name) who asked me if I was selling something (I was known by a few people from trading, but never met this person) and of course I logged off, attempted to hop world and I tried logging in and I couldn't. The person was on my account and traded away everything I had.

I didn't quite quit, but I took small breaks and soon after I got members.

If it was ever to happen again I'd certainly cut down on playing and most probably go f2p.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

its happened before. the cause of my 2 yr hiatus. came back in july, made cash, and im sitting on some decent money with plenty ways to make more.

i lost 50m total btw (old prices, like with guthans still worth 12m, dh worth like 6m-ish, etc.)

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~