list your top 10 favorite bands/artist

WookieeMania12

1) Dream Theater (Lent would like: Vacant, Disappear, Wait for Sleep, Another Day)

2) Pink Floyd

3) Led Zeppelin

4) The Scorpions (Seeing them live did it for me)

5) The Eagles

6) Metallica

7) Procol Harum

8) Joe Satriani

9) Iron Maiden (Iron Maiden and Killers mostly)

10) Joe Pass (For lack of another 10th. I do like his work though)

Metal's all well and good, and so is softer music. Hell, I even like country/rap's beats at times (can't say much about the rest of it, but I only hear the 'radio friendly' ones)...

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's see...

Not really in any Particular order.

1. Avenged Sevenfold

2. Linkin Park

3. Skillet

4. Sublime

5. Disturbed

6. Tenacious D

7. Pat Benatar

8. Styx

9. Dragonforce (Meh)

10. The Steve Miller Band

Starcraft 2 - PCTahvo.617. Message me if you want to play, always up to play with fellow Tifers.

1. T-Pain

2. Lil Wayne (going rock for next album [Rebirth])

3. T.I.

4. Akon

5. Kanye West

6. Chamillionaire

7. Young Jeezy

8. Linkin Park (lol, doesnt fit in)

9. Jay-Z

10. Gym Class Heores (this fits in.... with Linkin Park -.-, still both are kind of rap-rock)

Alright, lets do this again.

1. Dream Theater

2. Radiohead

3. Tool

4. Nine Inch Nails

5. System of a Down

6. A Perfect Circle

7. Pantera

8. Sublime

9. AC/DC

10. Yes

WookieeMania12!! WOOKIEES!! LOL I just noticed your name now...

Alright, lets do this again.

1. Dream Theater

2. Radiohead

3. Tool

4. Nine Inch Nails

5. System of a Down

6. A Perfect Circle

7. Pantera

8. Sublime

9. AC/DC

10. Yes

WookieeMania12!! WOOKIEES!! LOL I just noticed your name now...

lol. It takes a while to notice my name :P

safari20hat11.jpg

We should euthanize anyone who lacks the capability to contribute to society in any way.

Please don't elect this man for president in 2012

1. T-Pain

3. T.I.

4. Akon

5. Kanye West

6. Chamillionaire

7. Young Jeezy

9. Jay-Z

10. Gym Class Heores (this fits in.... with Linkin Park -.-, still both are kind of rap-rock)

IMO: =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

although, i'm not much of a chamillionare fan. lolz.

wayne is...just getting a little too "wierd" for me now, and i alredy didnt like him much. lolz

But ahh, Let's not forget Ludacris in this list...he has some pretty awesome songs and lyrics...and there's eminem...he's monstrous too....ugh there are just too many to name!!

Also, i like SOME rock. I'm VERY picky and may just like 1 song from a whole album. lolz. TBH, i listen to a little of almost everything. I don't really like the death metal and whatnot, because for me it's all in the lyrics and how they make sense to me. If i have to strain to hear them, or something like that, then its most likely a no no. :thumbdown:

Lastly, let me see if i can share some, just some, of my fav's with you all, though i've never used this youtube thingy.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=AfS8EHNPDUQ

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-X5tZZPZ2uI

EDIT: can't figure out how to put them on here, was gonna do that and hide it. *sigh* oh well. No particular order, and there are SO SO many more.

Dpattle.png[hide=]

You think you got it bad?

My school blocks Neopets.Those dirty bastards try to keep me from feeding my Ixi. Ha!

[/hide]

Important Slayer Drops: masks-8, leafbladed sword, gmaul-3

Important treasure trail rewards: zammy page 1(3), rune kite g, zammy crozier, sara mitre, sara dhide, rune helm h1, guth page 4(2), zammy full helm, guth legs(3), sara chaps, guth page 3, zammy legs(2), and sara full helm, zammy pl8, zammy page 2, rune cane, sara page, sara crozier, zammy crozier, guth coif

1) Tool

2) Death

3) Faith No More

4) Opeth

5) Cynic

6) Decapitated

7) Atheist

8) A Perfect Circle

9) Suffocation

10) Porcupine Tree

Roughly accurate for the moment. I'm more of a "favourite album" kinda guy to be honest.

Rise Against

Thrice

Bullet For My Valentine

Disturbed

Atreyu

Breaking Benjamin

Avenged Sevenfold

Autopilot Off

Funeral for a Friend

(about 5 bands could go here, so I won't put any)

Not in order either.

Doomy edit: I like sheep

In no particular order, as they all pwn.

1. Rage Against The Machine

2. System Of A Down

3. Red Hot Chilli Peppers

4. Scars On Broadway

5. Muse

6. The Offspring

7. AC/DC

8. The Prodigy - CAN'T WAT FOR NEW ALBUM!!!! :o

9. Queens Of The Stone Age

10. Hannah Mon... I mean, uh.... Eagles Of Death Metal... Yeah... ;)

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

no particular order

-pepper

-incubus

-sublime

-system of a down

-the bravery

-linkin park

-red hot chili peppers

-guns n roses/velvet revolver (you can kinda consider the same thing)

-stone temple pilots

-silverstein

dtownboy.png

chatscreen-1-1.jpg

Brawl Code: 1633-9644-2679 (always up for a battle! PM me.)

Ah, just because your music scares us doesn't mean we're worse than you. Just as a relatively large number of the "metalheads" on this board despise rap (well, I don't despise metal, just doesn't sound as good to me), we just don't love metal or its two million subgenres created for each song. That's just my humble seeing of metal. I like softer rock, with very pronounced drums, bass and guitar. That's the majority of what I listen to, although I have bands as varied as MIA to Cynic on my Zune. Chill. We're a minority here, and we make nervous jokes about our musical tastes' differences to yours.

I don't notice much of the people despise rap. That is more something of a couple of years ago. When there's a thread about rap music there's maybe one or two guys saying "rap sucks" or "I hate ©rap!)", and then he gets attacked by the majority of the board (that includes people who also listen to metal).

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

Ah, just because your music scares us doesn't mean we're worse than you. Just as a relatively large number of the "metalheads" on this board despise rap (well, I don't despise metal, just doesn't sound as good to me), we just don't love metal or its two million subgenres created for each song. That's just my humble seeing of metal. I like softer rock, with very pronounced drums, bass and guitar. That's the majority of what I listen to, although I have bands as varied as MIA to Cynic on my Zune. Chill. We're a minority here, and we make nervous jokes about our musical tastes' differences to yours.

I don't notice much of the people despise rap. That is more something of a couple of years ago. When there's a thread about rap music there's maybe one or two guys saying "rap sucks" or "I hate ©rap!)", and then he gets attacked by the majority of the board (that includes people who also listen to metal).

I agree, a lot of the mindless rap-bashing seems to have died off recently. I haven't really seen much bashing at all in the rap thread open at the moment. All I have seen is some metalheads who probably know/like one or two artists but haven't really looked into it that much.

1. T-Pain

3. T.I.

4. Akon

5. Kanye West

6. Chamillionaire

7. Young Jeezy

9. Jay-Z

IMO: =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

although, i'm not much of a chamillionare fan. lolz.

wayne is...just getting a little too "wierd" for me now, and i alredy didnt like him much. lolz

But ahh, Let's not forget Ludacris in this list...he has some pretty awesome songs and lyrics...and there's eminem...he's monstrous too....ugh there are just too many to name!!

Also, i like SOME rock. I'm VERY picky and may just like 1 song from a whole album. lolz. TBH, i listen to a little of almost everything. I don't really like the death metal and whatnot, because for me it's all in the lyrics and how they make sense to me. If i have to strain to hear them, or something like that, then its most likely a no no. :thumbdown:

Lastly, let me see if i can share some, just some, of my fav's with you all, though i've never used this youtube thingy.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=AfS8EHNPDUQ

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-X5tZZPZ2uI

EDIT: can't figure out how to put them on here, was gonna do that and hide it. *sigh* oh well. No particular order, and there are SO SO many more.

OMG yeah how did I forget Ludacris!

I liked Weezy since he released his first Tha Carter, and after that it was all success for him.

I liked Chamillionaire since Sound of Revenge, and then I really liked Ultimate Victory.

Im not that much of an Eminem fan, I think he yells a lot... -.- But I really like some of his songs, like "Lose Yourself", "You Dont Know", "Like Toy Soldiers", and now, "Crack a Bottle".

50 Cent is a no-no. I dont like him. But I like "P.I.M.P" and "Get Up" =).

You MUST listen to Eminem's new song "Crack a Bottle". Its soooo good!! Its with 50 Cent and Dr. Dre. If you havent heard it, download it right now. I really like it.

Heres my new list:

1. T-Pain

2. Lil Wayne

3. T.I.

4. Akon

5. Kanye West

6. Ludacris

7. Linkin Park (lol, doesnt fit in)

8. Chamillionaire

9. Young Jeezy

T-10. Eminem

T-10. Jay-Z

Remind me if Im missing someone important =)

I agree, a lot of the mindless rap-bashing seems to have died off recently. I haven't really seen much bashing at all in the rap thread open at the moment. All I have seen is some metalheads who probably know/like one or two artists but haven't really looked into it that much.

That is my bad. But, still. I dislike metal for the most part. Even though I'm quite ignorant about it.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

Unlike most people i have put mine in order.

1. All That Remains.

2. Bullet For My Valentine.

3. Escape The Fate.

4. Nickelback.

5. Killswitch Engage.

6. Rise Against.

7. Crossfade.

8. Breaking Benjamin.

9. Diecast.

10. InFlames.

:thumbsup:

The_Diamond.png

1593th to 99 Farming - July 08.

Gee, sorry I offended the metalheads. Like I said, much of the content of many of the lists mean nothing at all to me. Sorry if I classified them into one general category, because to me it all sounds the same. I don't care to sort through the subgenres of music I don't like. So lay off.

Let me repeat that last phrase: Lay off. How is this:

So basically, you decide to express your disdain for people who listen to something other than piss-poor radio-friendly rock? Sorry bro, but I suggest you brush up on both your facts and musical taste before you come here and condemn people that a) have some variety, and B) enjoy metal.

The pultrichude and depth of death metal is amazing, and I suggest you listen to some before you call it "loud noise". Ahahaha, loud noise it is not, broseph.

any better? You're calling my music piss-poor. Ahahaha, piss-poor it is not. I have no ability to recognize variety in all the subgenres of metal or even a single subgenre, because it is not appealing to me. But for some reason you guys claim the right to call the music I do enjoy worse than yours, because you don't enjoy it. Double standards much?

I do sincerely apologize if I mislabeled any bands listed, but what I said was not meant to be taken as an absolute blanket statement. I thought that was obvious. And what you guys may call soft . . . really. Perspective. I don't like metal enough to listen to these humble bands, much less delve into whatever is hardcore or whatever according to your standards.

p2gq.jpg

1. The Fall of Troy

2. Muse

3. Cirque Du Soleil (not really a band but I like their soundtracks a lot :P )

4. Less Than Jake

5. System of a Down

6. The Beatles

7. Dream Theater

8. Three Days Grace

9. Trans-Siberian Orchestra

10. Green Day

The first five bands are really the only bands I listen to frequently. The last five are bands I just like to listen to occasionally

Links

3. Cirque Du Soleil

5. System of a Down

6. The Beatles

wl7w9j.png

Mah school band :P \'

1. Dream Theater

2. Pink Floyd

3. Opeth (but I quite honestly need more - I only have Windowpane, Bleak, Bridge of Sighs, and Porcelain Heart - recommendations?

After this I can't number... so I'll just put 6 more :twss:

System of a Down

Rush

Foo Fighters

Metallica

AC/DC

The Who

Audioslave

DragonForce (lesser, every now and then)

Other Assorted Guitar Heroes (Satch, Vai, Petrucci (LTE))

....that's 9+ :oops: