Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Holiday Musings and a permanent solution to rares

• Please log in to reply
389 replies to this topic

SanNo1
[ Display Name History ]

SanNo1

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 878 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:SanNo1
The quote you posted is nice, but doesn't mean they see it as a problem. They have also stated that in an MMO as big as runescape, with maybe millions of players, things are bound to get uses they didn't have intentionally and that they are fine with it, because that's how this game works. You can't take that quote you posted and go claiming that there is a problem.

Also, the suggestion of introducing of items that can be bought to represent a certain value seems pointless to me. Why invest your money in these items, which will always have the same GE value, when you can invest it in other items. The items don't even have to be rares, but can be high end items such as Spirit Shields.

I'm fairly certain that when your suggestions would be implemented, items such as spirit shields and 3rd age will be hoarded even more than they are now because people will invest in these items, and not in some ticket worth a set amount of money.

On a side note; I don't see a problem with rares. The overpriced rare martket is used to stabilize the underpriced junk market. If the GE would work properly and every item would have the worth it should have, rares wouldn't even be able to be above the GE price. So IMO Jagex should focus on the GE, and not on the rares.
Posted Image

There are three sides to every story: There's one side, there's the other, and there's the truth.

SwreeTak
[ Display Name History ]

SwreeTak

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,739 posts
  • RSN:SwreeTak
  • Clan:Arcane Chroniclers
nachalo

No. No. And no. Even if this would have been a good idea, which it isn't, Jagex would never change something that happened for several years ago. This is the way it have worked and to remove the holiday items and rare now would both be stupid, upset a whole lot of people (Perhaps not as many as the removing of Wildy did, but anyway) and it would probably also damage the economy.
So no.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

dragon312
[ Display Name History ]

dragon312

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,778 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
Nachalo

No, just no, it would just switch the scope of attention to people who had rares to other items, for example godswords, I'm sure those would go up 50% in value because these rich merchants don't have anything else to invest in anymore. In my opinion this would be a stupid idea because all items which are a bit rare (Spirit shields, Godswords, Animal Masks, 3rd age etc.) would skyrocket and would be the new rares, and also F2P wouldn't have anything to invest in anymore.

Konets
Posted Image
Posted Image

12pure34
[ Display Name History ]

12pure34

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,209 posts
  • RSN:David vK
Why the hell does everybody post:

Nachalo

... [your post] ?

Ontopic: Removing rares just isn't an option anymore. A great way to remove experienced players from the game tough! They have become to much part of the economy. If they ever wanted to remove the rares, they should have done prior to the GE. Now they are part, integrated in common day economies. Their worth is just to much. Cash them in and you get hyperinflation. Remove them, lose a large player-base and create an extremely unstable market which will just push towards new ''rares''. Jagex has fixed the whole mint-cake thing and slowly the Wergali (unf) is decreasing. As I see it now, the market is quite stable. Rares are for the rich ones. Everyone else can spend their money on different things. No problem at all.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Bows
[ Display Name History ]

Bows

Retired Crew

• Members
  • 3,352 posts
Nachalo

Jard, you are a genius and I think that your idea is a fantastic solution.

Dexek
[ Display Name History ]

Dexek

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,534 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Dexek
nachalo

I agree with this. If it had been implemented when you suggested it we would have seen much less inflation than if it was currently done. If we wait longer, more inflation would only occur. Another case where a good idea should not be left to sit, but rather be acted on as soon as possible. Most kids nowadays have them for the cash value, and not their original purpose. Jagex killed the wilderness, killed free trade, but is too scared to act upon this?

Posted Image

Poetry
Indexed Picture 1
Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

Posted Image

Myu
[ Display Name History ]

Myu

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 153 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
Hurr im a durr.

Derp, Tl;dr. Whats this thread about?

I dont want to devalue hoiday rares, although i'd really like to have those buneny ears. Hurr.. :twss:

Beethovens29
[ Display Name History ]

Beethovens29

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 443 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Beethovens29
  • Clan:Chill Chat
nachalo

i understand that you wish to help those who didn't hav a chance at getting the older items be satisfied....but you just can't satisfy everyone. its physically impossible. the point of these holiday items is to MARK THOSE WHO PLAYED AT THAT TIME. the reason jagex let people get music was because not getting those previous songs can hinder their chances of getting the air guitar emote. the reason jagex let people get the holiday emotes was because there would always be a daunting spot in ur emotes section that would remain gray(or grey) forever. giving items meant for people who played in 2000 to people who started playing in 2007 is similar to the arguments between the social high school caste system. in my school, seniors are excempt from their finals (end of year testing) if they get A's on their tests. all other grades must take their finals irregardless. this holiday event situation is similar to that because you wouldnt give a freshman those privelages being that they just got there. the seniors have been their prior and can afford that reward. similar to the holiday items. new players shouldn't be able to get the same privelages of older holiday items than veteran players. it's just a way of life.....imo.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Gradeskip
[ Display Name History ]

Gradeskip

The Gradeskipper

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • RSN:Zr
  • RSN2:Gradeskip