Soul Wars Worry

Dizzle229

Poll  

1. 1. Poll

There were 3 or 4 guys with 99 Attack and 10 Hits on Classic, it's nothing new really.

that was the wine glitch though -.-

Wasn't a glitch, it was there for over 8 years (3 before RS2, but it's still there now), hardly a glitch at all, Jagex knew about it and said it was fine.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that the game is AWESOME. I get 8.4k exp per point for attack meaning 75,600 attack exp just from the points per hour if I win every game. Now add the fact that you get exp from attacking players/monsters WHILE ingame, the number can easily go to 100k+/h and that is better then PC AND armoured zombies.

ib7rVm.png

I think that the game is AWESOME. I get 8.4k exp per point for attack meaning 75,600 attack exp just from the points per hour if I win every game. Now add the fact that you get exp from attacking players/monsters WHILE ingame, the number can easily go to 100k+/h and that is better then PC AND armoured zombies.

You don't get hp by doing this which shows, and you don't get slayer xp whilst doing this you have to go back to do this, I pced my levels from 90-99 in 2006 once people hit 85 - 90 slayer from this minigame spots more crowded than ever

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

I must admit that at first, I too was a little worried about the rewards...

After playing about 10 hours of the game now I think it is completely fair and balanced. The XP seems to increase on a decent scale and the game can be hard work at times.

I'm currently getting about 7.5k per 1 zeal for hits, at 95. It's a nice amount and IMO it's about time higher levels got some relevant content.

OP: Don't worry! ;)

i_j00_m0m.png

The stars are matter, we're matter, but it doesn't matter.

-Don Van Vliet

For me, soul wars + 5 minute idle logout timer = extremely fast semi-afk xp.

I go and stand in the middle and do some work while gaining ~70k xp an hour.

isnt afk-ing against the rules?

It is, but it's pretty hard to prove also. The mere fact that you can park your char for 5 minutes before it logs out means you can safely afk for 5 minutes (sure Jagex, I had to dump a pretty big doodoo, this explains why I left the screen for 5 minutes...). What I don't get about this game is why having a higher slayer level doesn't give me an advantage over other players...

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

The rewards are terrible. Far, far, FAR better to train a skill the old way. Worse even then pest control :wall:

Almost true, if that person that is playing has a high level in that skill, it is very nice for leveling. If you do not believe that a low level can get attack/str/def/mage/range/slayer xp with out getting hp, then check out this guy from RSC Forums.

[yt]DLfwYOKXxOU[/yt]

Whoever is arguing that this is slow xp needs to take a look at this video and change their stance.

This guy poopsocked the game for a week. Deal with it. Any noobtit could have gotten 92-99 faster in the goblin hut.

Fools_Taco.png

For me, soul wars + 5 minute idle logout timer = extremely fast semi-afk xp.

I go and stand in the middle and do some work while gaining ~70k xp an hour.

isnt afk-ing against the rules?

It is, but it's pretty hard to prove also. The mere fact that you can park your char for 5 minutes before it logs out means you can safely afk for 5 minutes (sure Jagex, I had to dump a pretty big doodoo, this explains why I left the screen for 5 minutes...). What I don't get about this game is why having a higher slayer level doesn't give me an advantage over other players...

it does,you can attk the avatar earlier :|

Eindhoven_by_Sadocles.jpg

You can get 63k att xp/hour there (only on zeal) at least for my lv, maybe a bit more.

It is very slow, problem is that some people do more games/hour joining ones that are already started :/

This madness has to stop

@psvstef:

He said over other players not on avatar :P

_p3_minato_arisato_signature__by_x0sandylicious0x-d3hnk6v.png

The rewards are terrible. Far, far, FAR better to train a skill the old way. Worse even then pest control :wall:

Almost true, if that person that is playing has a high level in that skill, it is very nice for leveling. If you do not believe that a low level can get attack/str/def/mage/range/slayer xp with out getting hp, then check out this guy from RSC Forums.

[movie removed]

Whoever is arguing that this is slow xp needs to take a look at this video and change their stance.

Nope. He already had 92 Attack. He could get the high end of experience. It took around 700 points for him to go from 92 to 99. Again, a max of six points an hour means that he took around 44 hours to gain that kind of experience. Hence, nothing serious to worry about.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

You can get 63k att xp/hour there (only on zeal) at least for my lv, maybe a bit more.

It is very slow, problem is that some people do more games/hour joining ones that are already started :/

This madness has to stop

@psvstef:

you can attack the avatar earlier then other players can :-k

Eindhoven_by_Sadocles.jpg

To stop the world hoppers, a good idea may be to have it so that after hopping worlds, you cannot join a game for a few minutes. It's similar to the thing they have in SC where if you leave in the middle of a game, you cannot re-enter a game for 2 minutes.

My concern is that now someone with incredible patience and absolutely no life could get a lv 3 99 slayer after months of work and ruin the name of the untrimmed slayer cape. Although if one was to have the patience and lack of a life to get 7 slayer exp per 20 minutes and eventually getting 99 after months of effort, they deserve all the recognition they get. So I suppose there isn't a real problem there.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

To stop the world hoppers, a good idea may be to have it so that after hopping worlds, you cannot join a game for a few minutes. It's similar to the thing they have in SC where if you leave in the middle of a game, you cannot re-enter a game for 2 minutes.

My concern is that now someone with incredible patience and absolutely no life could get a lv 3 99 slayer after months of work and ruin the name of the untrimmed slayer cape. Although if one was to have the patience and lack of a life to get 7 slayer exp per 20 minutes and eventually getting 99 after months of effort, they deserve all the recognition they get. So I suppose there isn't a real problem there.

thats 7exp at lv 1

that high lv skillers have already 65 slayer meanign around 600 exp per zeal :|

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

[movie removed]

Nope. He already had 92 Attack. He could get the high end of experience. It took around 700 points for him to go from 92 to 99. Again, a max of six points an hour means that he took around 44 hours to gain that kind of experience. Hence, nothing serious to worry about.

6.5 Million XP in 44 Hours? I'd call that "something to worry about".

"It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man."

-- Jack Handey

Cook_Me_Plox.png

It's possible but highly improbable to win every single game you play in 44 hours, so it's moot.

i_j00_m0m.png

The stars are matter, we're matter, but it doesn't matter.

-Don Van Vliet

It's possible but highly improbable to win every single game you play in 44 hours, so it's moot.

its easy to constantly win

the non spamming team will win (and teams 90% of the time never win twice)

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

The best trianing methods are 100k cp an hour upwards.

at 100k an hour 6.5mil = 65 houts

Factor in the 3 min game gaps and the draws and loses that are inevitably gonna happen and that 44 hours for all wins is gonna be much much nearer to 65

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

The best trianing methods are 100k cp an hour upwards.

at 100k an hour 6.5mil = 65 houts

Factor in the 3 min game gaps and the draws and loses that are inevitably gonna happen and that 44 hours for all wins is gonna be much much nearer to 65

What about the EXP you get killing Players/Jellies?

"It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man."

-- Jack Handey

Cook_Me_Plox.png

The thing i don't quite get is the Hp and magic exp. They seems to be on the same scale as the 3 melee skills, which perplexes me. They reduced the mage exp at pc for the reason you could get 99 without ever maging, which you can do here, why do they do one for one game and this for this game?:S And the hp exp seems strange too, surely it should only be around 1/4 of the 3 melee exp's, but no, its the same, 70k+ hp exp per hour is rediculus.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

What about the EXP you get killing Players/Jellies?

A typical player will only focus on one or the other, and players provide only 396exp per kill at 99hp. I was focusing on the more extreme case, in which, that player could not have really fought anything -

He can use a whip, but his hit would top out at 12.

He can be one hit by someone using a Mithril Warhammer.

...hence, he only used the points.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

This madness has to stop

@psvstef:

you can attack the avatar earlier then other players can :-k

Yeah but this is an advantage for my team, this does not give me better rewards (except the possibility to get more slayer xp...but as everyone has already figured out, normal slaying is faster...). I mean, a team of all levels 138 with 35 slayer would win over a team of lvls 100 with 60 slayer. This is not a slayer mini game, this is a PVP mini game with a loose relation to slayer. I was expecting more of this one and I will probably never play it again.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

[yt]DLfwYOKXxOU[/yt]

Quote from the guy in this video: "-Soul wars was released while I was 92 attack. I hopped on the leecher bandwagon and got 717 zeal within 5 days"

How is this natural? :wall: It needs to be fixed.

theistsRdim.png