Soul Wars Worry

Dizzle229

Poll  

1. 1. Poll

Sorry if this has already been discussed (I bet it has), but...

Does anyone else think that Soul Wars rewards will end up like Pest Control rewards? Seems like the rewards are almost too good.

Will there now be such a thing as a SW noob? Will Jagex lower the rewards?

Discuss. Unlees it's already discussed. In which case, don't discuss.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They'd better not lower the rewards because it's about time high levels like me get something for our thousands of hours of hard work. 1 million magic XP daily for free at level 90+ to finish off those last few levels. Now that's a GOOD mini-game.

• Never trust anyone. You are always alone, and betrayal is inevitable.
  • Nothing is safe from the jaws of the decompiler.

Regardless of the power of the awards, one can earn only a maximum of 6 in the span of an hour. It's also related to one's skill level, so there won't be any level 45s with 99 Slayer anytime soon.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

The rewards are terrible. Far, far, FAR better to train a skill the old way. Worse even then pest control :wall:

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

The rewards are terrible. Far, far, FAR better to train a skill the old way. Worse even then pest control :wall:

Almost true, if that person that is playing has a high level in that skill, it is very nice for leveling. If you do not believe that a low level can get attack/str/def/mage/range/slayer xp with out getting hp, then check out this guy from RSC Forums.

[yt]DLfwYOKXxOU[/yt]

killer%202650.png

Click here to visit my Blog

GWD Drops:: Sara Sword(2); Bandos Boots(2); Steam Staff Split(4)

Dragon:: Boots (16); Whips (2); Dragon (Skirt(2), Helmet(2), Left Half(3))

Dagganoth:: Axes(3) Berserker(3) Mud Staff(2) Seers(1)

No Barrows Drops

99's:: Fletching, Cooking, Attack, Firemaking, Defence,Hitpoints, Magic

Who cares if people get 99 att 1 str 1 def? It's not hurting anyone.

SW rewards are extremely bad xp/hr wise even with perfect win ratio. The only reason the rewards seem good is because the game lets you save up a huge amount of exp reward and get it all in one go. You see people click buy-100 buy-100 and earn 1.5m exp, but you don't consider the 34+ hours it took to get those zeal points.

slayermask3.png

A Draconic Guide V1.4, Fimer - Multi-Timer Farming Timer V3.

Dragon Boots: 39|Abyssal Whips: 16|Dark Bows: 1|

i personally dont care if they get their levels like that. If you read his answers on rsc, that alone, getting the zeal, took 120+ hours. he said it was very hard to stay awake some days, but he grinded away anyways. I have no problem if people do that, it is their life that they are using to sit there for no real purpose, but i must applaud him at achieving it at such a low level, and using the fastest way.

killer%202650.png

Click here to visit my Blog

GWD Drops:: Sara Sword(2); Bandos Boots(2); Steam Staff Split(4)

Dragon:: Boots (16); Whips (2); Dragon (Skirt(2), Helmet(2), Left Half(3))

Dagganoth:: Axes(3) Berserker(3) Mud Staff(2) Seers(1)

No Barrows Drops

99's:: Fletching, Cooking, Attack, Firemaking, Defence,Hitpoints, Magic

the real issue is world hoppers who jump into games upon a finish and get 15-20 zeal an hour. It is a huge problem and people are already abusing it to get higher slayer levels and max out their combats.

Don't the Soul Wars games start at the same time on all worlds?

Timmay.png

53odhd.jpg

the real issue is world hoppers who jump into games upon a finish and get 15-20 zeal an hour. It is a huge problem and people are already abusing it to get higher slayer levels and max out their combats.

thats a big negative ghost rider.

On a non sw world the game waits until its fielded a team to start. So if someone really was geek enough they could have 100 friends playing in 5 worlds and tell the person which side to join to get 3 points every 4 minutes.

Could your average goomba do it? No. But your attention seeking clan leaders and efame seekers could swing it. The way it is its screaming to be abused. And they don't intend to fix it.

" Mod Rathe

Jagex Mod

11-Feb-2009 08:41:37

Hey guys,

I thought I'd stop by to try and shed some light on Soul Wars. The game was designed so that all players who want to have a go, can do. We don't want to turn players away just because they don't have X level in a skill. That being said, a level 3 can be useful in the game if they know what to do. For example, you can make barricades, heal your team-mates with bandages or help to capture areas as all you have to do is enter the area to help. The main thing you can do, however, is go around collecting bones. Burying bones restores your Avatars Slayer level, so if you bury enough of them, then enemy team won't be able to attack your Avatar any more. I was able to do this several times last night and managed to save an Avatar from death and help win the game.

In regards to your concern over people getting, for example, level 99 Slayer on a new character, I don't feel there is much to worry about here as someone starting out will only get 7 Slayer XP per point of Zeal, so there are already faster ways of them getting 99 in the game.

Hope this helps.

Mod Rathe "

We'll be seeing lvl 3s with 99 slayer within a year methinks.

sigtsg99rscaz7.png

The Slayers Guild a Slayer Clan led by Axe Man Jack

Proud to have written the most plagiarized Slayer guide on the planet.

Well they SHOULD start at the same time and they would if every world always had enough players for each and every game. However, this is not the case and when the game doesn't have enough players the start timer gets paused which lead to games starting at different times. People abuse this by just joining games that are almost over, win or lose they get more zeal an hour than someone actually playing full games.

A simple fix for it would be that you cannot join a game after logging in, you must wait for a new game to start before you can play. That would stop anyone hopping to join the almost over games although it might be annoying for people that just logged on to play and missed the game by a few minutes. This way it would force any would be hoppers to play full 20 minute games.

As for the rewards I feel like they are fine, the HP might be a bit much but the rest isn't exactly amazing. You don't win every game, the XP scales with your level, and sure it might be amazing to see all that XP gain at once but imagine how much time it took to get all that zeal. I can get over 1m attack xp in a day at dust devils if I no life it (and I only did it once, going for 99 attack). Personally I'm no fan of XP from safe minigames but as long as it's not a better rate than the norm I have no problems.

200000000.png

I don't understand how you people are defending that it's slow xp. That guy got from 92 to 99 attack since the game has been out. About 1 million xp per day. This really angers me.

Let's go over this again.

1) How long does a game take?

- 20 minutes + 3 minutes wait.

2) How many games can one play in an hour?

- 2.6 games in an hour, or if we take the greatest integer: 2.

3) How long would it take to accrue the number of points he'd have needed (I'll take a guess at 400-500)?

- If one can only make a max of 6 points in an hour, it would take between 66 and 83 games to gain enough points for 92-99, assuming that he was ALWAYS on the winning team. That's between a whole day and a day and a third of total gameplay; if spread out over a reasonable 4 hour timespan, is between six and eight days of total gameplay.

[There's a high chance that my estimate is close; of course, Soul Wars has been out all of six days, so there's a chance he's been playing for longer than four hours.]

4) Why is this not a fast method of gaining experience?

- Consider, if my math seems right, in about a week of grinding any random, meaty NPC (Fire Giants, Dust Devils, Abyssal Demons, etc), one can accrue more total experience and wealth over the same period of time playing Soul Wars. If anything, for high levels, it just about evens out.

I'm not too worried about this. The experience is still slow (or almost comparable). I don't think that he should've been able to get in like that, if he didn't have many other stats...but, that's the way it goes. For a high level that plays the game nominally, this experience does even itself out over time.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

this is not possible in any way :wall:

infact hopping worlds without 100 friends slows down your zeal per hr becuase you cant know how to pick the winning side from a hop

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

instead of pc products you'll have sw products

at high lvled hp itll be the best exp without chins/ancients

They will still be summoning noobs though as the number of charms per zeal is much much lower than you can get by other methods.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Soulwars does indeed need a nerf. But not the rewards to the game itself. It needs to have a damage count or w/e like pc so that you can't freeload and still get your points.

But as others have pointed out you can only get 6 points an hour realistically and to get the good xp you NEED the higher levels.

I mean my att str def are 81 and that only gets me 5.5k xp per point which isnt a whole lot considering they need 200k+ per level

Where as 69 slayer gets only 660xp per point.

Basically soulwars is an appalling source of xp until you have the higher levels and even then you xp reward isn't that huge

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Almost true, if that person that is playing has a high level in that skill, it is very nice for leveling. If you do not believe that a low level can get attack/str/def/mage/range/slayer xp with out getting hp, then check out this guy from RSC Forums.

[yt]DLfwYOKXxOU[/yt]

Whoever is arguing that this is slow xp needs to take a look at this video and change their stance.

theistsRdim.png

He was already 92 attack when Soul wars was released. 717 zeal is a total of 239 WINNING 20 minute games.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12