Soul Wars Worry

Dizzle229

Poll  

1. 1. Poll

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Makoto_the_Phoenix, the tip.it forums idiot.

I'm sorry, what?

maybe he's referring to all the thoughtless posts on this thread. The ignorance of some of you here is very surprising.

Slightly yes, but it goes back further then that with maketo....

I am not a skiller, but i do some skills.

rcwar1st.gifconwar3rd.gifwcdec2nd.gifskillwar2nd.gif

Spring2008slaycompsig.png

@ Smelly on pg 2, if you trade in 100 points at a time you get a bonus, similar to pc.

OT: I hope they don't nerf the xp/point before I get 99 def :( I don't want to go back to AZ's...

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

The rewards are terrible. Far, far, FAR better to train a skill the old way. Worse even then pest control :wall:

Almost true, if that person that is playing has a high level in that skill, it is very nice for leveling. If you do not believe that a low level can get attack/str/def/mage/range/slayer xp with out getting hp, then check out this guy from RSC Forums.

[yt]DLfwYOKXxOU[/yt]

Quote from the guy in this video: "-Soul wars was released while I was 92 attack. I hopped on the leecher bandwagon and got 717 zeal within 5 days"

How is this natural? :wall: It needs to be fixed.

whats the leecher bandwagon?

Pit_Guardian.png

Gamertag: EFs Predator.

Games I play: Halo 3, Halo wars.

Makoto_the_Phoenix, the tip.it forums idiot.

I'm sorry, what?

maybe he's referring to all the thoughtless posts on this thread. The ignorance of some of you here is very surprising.

Slightly yes, but it goes back further then that with maketo....

Yeah, I don't know what I did to you, but if you've got an issue like that, take it to the PM system.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

The rewards are terrible. Far, far, FAR better to train a skill the old way. Worse even then pest control :wall:

Almost true, if that person that is playing has a high level in that skill, it is very nice for leveling. If you do not believe that a low level can get attack/str/def/mage/range/slayer xp with out getting hp, then check out this guy from RSC Forums.

[yt]DLfwYOKXxOU[/yt]

Quote from the guy in this video: "-Soul wars was released while I was 92 attack. I hopped on the leecher bandwagon and got 717 zeal within 5 days"

How is this natural? :wall: It needs to be fixed.

whats the leecher bandwagon?

They join games near the end on the winning team and get the zeal points while having done nothing important to help the team win really. I think many of them will be banned however, as this rivals the penguin abuse...

Lagatag.png

It's very, very simple: You have to have XX minutes in the game to claim zeal. I think 10 minutes is fair here. Yeah, you can join afterwards to help out your team mates, but you don't get zeal. Switching sides will reset the counter.

In Castlewars, it was annoying but the only benefit was decorative armor. Here, you're getting faster XP than other players ie exploit abuse. It's not bug abuse as you're doing what the game allows, but this is exploiting the system. As the video shows, it's bad enough that it'll ruin the enjoyment of the game.

Anyway, simple fix with no impact on those that play within the spirit of the game.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

you have to admit its funny seeing players with 99 stats such as range, mage, hp tanks or barrows pures all with very little quest points and no nothing about the game. You cant ask them for any advice because they have not experienced any of the game and even if you vs them in combat they still suck because they have no experience and cant afford any decent gear because they earned nothing while leveling. Plus alot of them dont even pvp (which is why they are made) that often they get bored or want to earn money but cant and ask everyone how to do so.

Mini games like this and pest cotrol really do ruin the game. But very enjoyable for those that to venture into everything the game has to offer

69er_is_best.png

GWD solo drops: Armadyl Hilt sold at 63.5m - (More to come hopefully)

I deem the experience as too low to be worthy for general training. Sure, there are instances where it might be worthy, but generally I wouldn't consider it a great place to train. I just used it for the pets, and I doubt I'll really play it much anymore. Maybe at about 96 magic I'll use it since it'll be more xp/hr alching around that level. Although, when I high alch I can do that at rune rocks and amass 200-500k profit per hour.. so just the same maybe I won't play Soul Wars. I hope the skillers enjoy the experience. :thumbsup:

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

I think they should make it so that you can only join at the start of the game. And increase the player capacity.

The player capicity is (as explained) "infinite": it can be 1000 v 1000!

However the reason why some people are left out is because the lobbies don't have to be filled equal (which they have to be in CW): ie 100 people can join red while only 10 people join blue!

In that case out of the 100 reds 10 people are randomly chosen! - Leaving out 90 possible participants!

What they should do is that you either you can't choose teams (instead teams are randomly generated), or that you can choose teams but the stats aren't allowed to be spread apart too much. (like only 20%)...

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Honestly Soul Wars hit the nail in the head. Jagex got it nearly perfect. I don't think the actual minigame needs any tweaking. Some complain that there is no strategy involved. Obviously you have not played the game past 10 rounds, strategy in Soul Wars is actually very interesting: something you do may affect the whole game in big ways or in small ways. I admit there aren't much tactics though. Most of the time it's just commanding your team, if you can command.

As for the rewards: I would absolutely hate to see the experience rewards tweaked. Who cares if it is better than Pest control? Soul wars is actually challenging, unlike Pest control, because you are fighting over players, not mindless monsters. I think we'll still be hearing the term "PC product" more than "SW product." The main reason I would not like to see it tweaked though is because I have 226 zeal points and would not like to lose massive amounts of future experience if they nerfed the exp per zeal. If any reward needs tweaking, it's the charms. You can get way more charms just killing regular monsters. They should at least make it slightly worse charms per hour than regular monster killing. Most players spend their zeal on exp because the charms are overpriced.

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

I have been playing games where we agree to draw. The teams arent big, only 20 or so, so all the training spots are open. Im training attack and get 45k xp an hour on jellies there and 6 zeals which gives 46.8k an hour, so 90k+ an hour guaranteed every hour, with no competition for spots. In my opinion the xp rewards will get reduced and it's a matter of how long it takes jagex to realise how high the xp levels are and at what level to reduce them to.

att,str,def,hp: lvl²/600=x (rounded down) and x*35*15

mage/range: lvl²/600=x (rounded down) and x*32*15

prayer: lvl²/600=x (rounded down) and x*18*15

slayer: lvl²/600=x (rounded down) and x*6.75*15

and ofcourse there is a 10% bonus just like in pest control if you spend 100 zeal at the same time

As you can see, they just multiplied the pestcontrol point by 15 for every zeal point. And now we can finally see how much faster/slower SW is compared to PC.

PC game is normally 2 minutes 30 seconds in which you get 4 points

SW game is 20 minutes in which you get 15*3 points if win, excluding 3 minutes waiting, that will be 45 pest points on win, 30 on draw, 15 on loss

PC in 20 minutes: 20/2,5=8 8*4=32 pest points (if all won)

SW in 20 minutes: 15*3=45 pest points (if all won)

*NB: in soul wars while fighting you get full hp and skill xp, in PC only half as you know.

Which makes SW better xp than PC if you win all the time.. not mentioning if you hop worlds or w/e

I find it interesting that my main concern with this game hasn't been brought up in four pages of discussion. Anyone who suffers from occasional disconnections will soon discover that they spawn outside the waiting room if disconnected while in the minigame area, and suffer from "you just recently left a game of Soul Wars" AWOL status, as if they had left the game intentionally. This is not a mechanic that should have been programmed into a game with rounds of this length.

Either it should be that players who disconnect within the minigame area respawn where they were in the minigame area (or in the appropriate spawn area if killed while lagging out), or people should be able to rejoin the same team unlimited number of times during the same round, with no time penalty for leaving. This way players who get left out due to disconnects can rejoin, if it's simply a matter of fact that programming limitations make it so that they cannot be respawned anywhere in a minigame area upon reconnecting, while also preventing team-switching bandwagon hoppers in the same way AWOL status obviously intends to.

I am personally steamed that I have lost over 40 zeal to this ridiculous oversight, as I am a legitimate and highly strategic player of this game, who otherwise appreciates its mechanics. I have been disconnected sometimes as soon as a round begins, thus losing 20 minutes of fun I would have had playing on that server.

Time to sit back and wait to be flamed for having a low speed internet connection (56mbps wireless).

Time per game: 20 minutes

Games per hour: 3

Max points per hour: 6

Hours for 100 points: 17

Xp per 100 points: Did someone say it was 1.5m above level 90?

Xp per hour rate: 88k

And that's losing NO GAMES, drawing NO GAMES, and ignoring the waiting period in between games. Meanwhile, you can get 30-40k xp more at Armored Zombies or Zombie Monkeys. So why do you worry?

Of course, there's the xp you can get in-game. But for that xp to bring the xp rate up to where Zombie Monkeys and Armored Zombies are, you'd need to deal 2500 hits per game (average). If you were in PC, that might be possible. But when you're fighting other players in full armor and a level 400+...thing, while you're also taking damage, dying, and running around, that just doesn't seem possible. Maybe rarely you'll reach that number, but not often.

its different at every lvl, you can find out how much if you see my post on this page...

and, 1,5m is waay too much ... :|

But there's a bonus if you turn them in in bunches, is that 10% like PC or higher?

If 1.5m is too much, that's fine, then it'd just be lower. Still, conventional training is better by far.

Soul wars is what a minigame is supposed to be- a fun alternative to training that does not replace the skill itself. The rewards are below average xp for Slayer, Summoning, and all combat skills concerned. You have nothing to worry about.

thedayrsdieddp8fv1cq2.png

Disgruntled, Ignorant, Rude, Obnoxious, over-the-top, unreasonable Ex-PKer

Drops: Abby Whips:13/ Black Mask: 38/ Dark Bow:3

its different at every lvl, you can find out how much if you see my post on this page...

and, 1,5m is waay too much ... :|

But there's a bonus if you turn them in in bunches, is that 10% like PC or higher?

If 1.5m is too much, that's fine, then it'd just be lower. Still, conventional training is better by far.

yes there is a bonus of 10%, and again you could see that if you have read my post before

max xp you could get per 100 zeal would be:

99*99/600=16.335 rounded down 16*35=560 560*15=8400 8400*100=840,000 840,000*1.1=924,000 xp per 100 zeal for any melee skill + hp

not including xp that you get in the game and the fact you could afk whole 20 minutes ::'

And that's losing NO GAMES, drawing NO GAMES, and ignoring the waiting period in between games. Meanwhile, you can get 30-40k xp more at Armored Zombies or Zombie Monkeys. So why do you worry?

Of course, there's the xp you can get in-game. But for that xp to bring the xp rate up to where Zombie Monkeys and Armored Zombies are, you'd need to deal 2500 hits per game (average). If you were in PC, that might be possible. But when you're fighting other players in full armor and a level 400+...thing, while you're also taking damage, dying, and running around, that just doesn't seem possible. Maybe rarely you'll reach that number, but not often.

Its 3 points per win, not 2, making it 9 points per hour. which means add an extra 50% to that end exp.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

[yt]DLfwYOKXxOU[/yt]

How did that guy get like 800 zeal so fast :(

deltawood.png

Its 3 points per win, not 2, making it 9 points per hour. which means add an extra 50% to that end exp.

So about 125k per hour max. Still gets destroyed by other training methods though.

[yt]DLfwYOKXxOU[/yt]

He nolifed for a few days

wl7w9j.png

[yt]DLfwYOKXxOU[/yt]

He nolifed for a few days

this is only fast xp for people who want to be the lowest level to acheive a 99 skill without getting other xp

otherwise convantional training is faster ;)

in my opinion, all the xp rewards suck, save hitpoints xp

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.