Are parent too harsh on Jagex? or misunderstood?

kill2pleasure

You people -- I use the term loosely -- just don't get it.

I am not defending this kid's behavior. I am criticizing yours.

It doesn't matter that he did something wrong. It doesn't change the fact that it's a bloody 11 year old kid who got cheated out of a lot of time and money. It's NOT funny.

You all act so high and mighty because the kid RWTed. Of course, none of YOU ever cheat at a game, right? Or bend the rules a little in some other activities?

Everyone here's a goddamned saint. Nobody's ever sped while driving, or cheated a bit on a homework assignment, or taken a substance that's, uh... not quite legal. Nobody here ever drank any alcohol before age 21. Right?

And gee, if anyone does ANYTHING wrong they they TOTALLY deserve EVERYTHING that happens to them. Right?

I wonder how you self-righteous jerks would behave in other comparable situations.

John's going 55 in a 45 zone. He hits a patch of ice and slides off the road, totalling the car he spent two years saving to buy.

"Ha ha! What a loser! He deserved it because he was speeding!"

Joe goes to a party and has a couple of beers. He's only 19. His friend decides to drive him home and they get in an accident. Joe is paralyzed from the waist down.

"Serves him right! He shouldn't have been drinking before he turned 21."

Mary goes jogging late at night at the park. She's jumped by a masked man and sexually assaulted.

"What a noob! Everyone know you shouldn't go in the park at night!"

Grow up. All of you.

Qeltar, I have browsed truthscape for over a year now and realized you post a lot of stuff like this. Whenever I read anything though you are always saying how the person who did something wrong deserves what hapened to them. Why are you supporting this underage, RWTing rule breaker? :twss:

LOL.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he didn't RWT, i bet he wouldn't have been lead to the site that lad to him getting hacked.

Of course there is absolutely no reason to believe this, you just made it up to justify your unconscionable position. :roll:

At this point in RS history there's really no excuse for not knowing that RWT is against the rules and will get you banned. If he was an 11 year old RWT who got banned would you still defend him? The fact that he got hacked is just icing on the irony cake. He was a RWT and either he gets banned and loses his 140 or he gets hacked and loses his 140. Or he doesn't get banned or hacked and there's another RWT'r traipsing about without any consequences, probably leading him to RWT again. This outcome is the most karmic possible. Not only did he lose his misbegotten goods, a hacker also got banned out of this. If he weren't hacked, he would have been banned and then that hacking site would still be up, probably getting someone else much less deserving before its discovery

hands down, he said him self "played for years"

uh, thats not one year, its at least two, provided it was not an exageration. so he should be aware of the wilderness removal and details of such.

also, as qeltar said, grow a soul? im sorry, i feel bad for people who have food stamps who honestly deserve them, im not going to feel bad for the people who come in and buy food with food stamps and sells the food out of their garage. Infact, those kind of people slightly anger me.

John's going 55 in a 45 zone. He hits a patch of ice and slides off the road, totalling the car he spent two years saving to buy.

In the state of North Carolina - John could get a ticket for going 45 in a 45 in icy conditions, A smart driver should always slow down in icy conditions, speeding in ice, is foolish not only to yourself, but others as well.

Joe goes to a party and has a couple of beers. He's only 19. His friend decides to drive him home and they get in an accident. Joe is paralyzed from the waist down.
I dont drink, but I don't see how you can use that as an example since he had a DD.

Mary goes jogging late at night at the park. She's jumped by a masked man and sexually assaulted.

Not even a just comparison, no one should have to worry about assault.

The kid was 11 yes, but over time ALOT of pkers were in the 10-14 age range and some were quite good. It's not a hard concept to argue and I would believe the younger you are - your reflexes are better.

Although it's cold, I can see why people are so adamant about his RWT being karma, as for his age? I signed up and got 200 feedback on ebay before I was of legal age to use it.

if the kid got banned for RWT would you of cared? honestly?

I mean if age is the case, unmute j mag after 6 years because he was a kid at the time. :lol:

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

Please also understand from my part that I don't think it's nice for anyone to get scammed, even if they did break the rules, but the fact that they've nationally said on television they used real life money to buy the items he had which he later lost due to his carelessness/lack of knowledge of scam sites steered the sympathy for him away. I won't say he deserved it or not, but Jagex cannot give his items back, and his parents and guardians cannot expect that either. It's not that Jagex doesn't want to do anything, but rather they can't, or they can only do so much.

I don't think anyone's directly attacking the kid, but more on the family on how they didn't do their research properly in the game and see what is it that their kids do on the Internet. I can understand the family's concern for Timmy's feelings, but they also need to look into Jagex's guidelines, rules, etc. before going up to the TV station.

If the kid hadn't admitted to RWT'ing, and said the money was say used to pay for his membership instead, and the character was unrecoverable, then maybe we'd have some sympathy there. But that's not the case here.

It doesn't matter that he did something wrong. It doesn't change the fact that it's a bloody 11 year old kid who got cheated out of a lot of time and money. It's NOT funny.

Thats debatable. I find it absolutly hilarious. The RWT got what was coming to him.

You all act so high and mighty because the kid RWTed. Of course, none of YOU ever cheat at a game, right? Or bend the rules a little in some other activities?

Honestly, no. I do everything to the best of my abilities. I never cheat.

Everyone here's a goddamned saint. Nobody's ever sped while driving, or cheated a bit on a homework assignment, or taken a substance that's, uh... not quite legal. Nobody here ever drank any alcohol before age 21. Right?

I haven't done any of those. Nor do I plan to.

And gee, if anyone does ANYTHING wrong they they TOTALLY deserve EVERYTHING that happens to them. Right?

Depends on what they do. If they pick something up they didn't know somebody else was using, like arrows in the middle of a battle, they shouldn't get anything that severe. Now in Timmys case, where he was commiting RWT and lieing about his age, he completely deserved it.

I wonder how you self-righteous jerks would behave in other comparable situations

Hmmm...Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't you say on page seven that you shouldn't use any analogies to win an arguement?

Now Qeltar, you grow up, and stop defending a little kid who got what was coming to him. Its called karma, and its a [cabbage].

29y32nr.png

Rarest Drop: Obsidian Cape x3, TzHaar-Ket/Xil

I wonder how you self-righteous jerks would behave in other comparable situations.

Grow up. All of you.

the grandma or w/e it was said they paided for a powerleveling service.

OMG OMG SAILING IS COMING LOLOLOLOL!!!1111 b/c JAGEX GAMES STUDIO , ANAGRAM OF SAITO JUDGE X-GAMES

TAKASHI SAITO= RED SOX P1TCHER... RED SOX = BOSTON, BOSTON = PORT CITY!!!! PORT CITY = SAILING

Its called karma, and its a [cabbage].

Anyone who believes in karma wouldn't spend so much time gloating and laughing about misfortune falling on a child.

If karma is a cabbage, so are half the people on this thread.

I can't believe all of the nasty, heartless comments from mods and admins in this thread. It looks like Tip.it has gone the way of the RSOF. What a shame.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

I can't believe all of the nasty, heartless comments from mods and admins in this thread. It looks like Tip.it has gone the way of the RSOF. What a shame.

How are we being heartless? So if we don't cuddle and comfort a child who broke the rules, we're heartless people from the RSOF? Plus, many of us had said that we don't think that anyone deserves to be scammed. But that does not mean that we condone RWTing. If you think we're being so heartless, at least reply to what we have to say rather than making general comments.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Just forget it. I remember now why I left the last time. It's quite obvious that I don't fit in around here any more, so y'all just go back to your laugh riot about the 11-year-old who got scammed. Bye.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

Most pathetic news article since that lovely Fox special over the dangerous domestic terrorist group "Anonymous."

I think that this is just another sign of how, at least in the technology sector, conventional media is being usurped by the internet, where people KNOW what they're talking about.

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

Just forget it. I remember now why I left the last time. It's quite obvious that I don't fit in around here any more, so y'all just go back to your laugh riot about the 11-year-old who got scammed. Bye.

Got scammed because he ignored the rules and used RWT.

Seriously, you're acting like the kids a little angel and nothing bad should have happened to him.

And I don't normally believe in karma, but this is an exception. Seriously, get a grip. And if you don't like what we post in this thread, theres a simple solution. Don't read it. -.-

29y32nr.png

Rarest Drop: Obsidian Cape x3, TzHaar-Ket/Xil

Anyone who believes in karma wouldn't spend so much time gloating and laughing about misfortune falling on a child.

Heartless? Nasty? I would like to think that comment is unfounded and radical. Most of my apathy, and humor comes from the news source, I am not a fan of most news outlets as biased media annoys me - this story was very poorly researched and did nothing more than establish an emotional jerk from the audiance, the poor kid got hurt on the internet - internet is not safe. The internet is dangerous, those damn adult's are out hurting kids, good chance the hacker is a minor too, most of the game is kids.

Honestly, The kid deserves to be banned, I know too many "kids" who were banned harshly in classic and treated as adults, I suppose to me any other sort of justice is unfair and largely the fact that he is unbanned, makes me feel like cheating occurred.

While I do tend to speed from time to time, the fact is - in life, most things have punishments. If I speed, I might get a ticket, but I live in a small town where sometimes I hit that dirt road and it's just me for miles. Comparing cheating - something that can get you kicked out of uni or in trouble in school - is bad.

For starters we don't know the whole story and we likely never will. But for a news article centered around RWT and it being ripped from him - Thats not exactly going to win you over friends. While it is sad his entire christmas is now gone, it' was also used to something that in our game, is a very hard and bad offense that carries a stigma.

Rules are rules, and he broke them, considering this rule changed the wild, trade and the game alot - it's not like he abused the penguin bug.

I find it hard to believe a seemingly ok 11 year old would go to a gold website - not realize it's illegal if he plays the game and not know what he was doing was wrong.

an old adage went "items come and go, xp is forever" - quite often in classic. In his case, he broke a rule and doesnt deserve his xp, but he has it, so he should count himself lucky.

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

Seriously, you're acting like the kids a little angel and nothing bad should have happened to him.

And I don't normally believe in karma, but this is an exception. Seriously, get a grip. And if you don't like what we post in this thread, theres a simple solution. Don't read it. -.-

I believe this is karma as well and I don't understand how anybody can miss it. Okay, he's eleven and he can't identify scam sites. That can be a problem if you have an account worth hacking. But why do you think somebody targeted him and talked to him personally in the first place? This kid has a 1550 total level and a 100-ish combat level. Usually hackers wouldn't bother as nothing suggests he's rich, but as the video said, he had got some nice expensive equipment with the money he got from RWT. The whole story has karma written all over it.

So, did Timmy say "easy comes, easy goes" and get on with it? No, he went on TV to play the victim. He had lied to Jagex about his age to play and to his relatives to receive thier money to use for illegal purposes. Now he goes on TV hiding these lies and I'm supposed to feel sympathy for him? There are tens if not hundreds of kids who have gotten hacked through phising sites and most of them haven't lied and RWTed their way to riches. Those are the people I would feel sympathy for, not this person who just refuses to see any blame on himself. I think he should be banned for RWTing. My words might seem harsh, but I would be ready to personally tell Timmy that what he did was wrong and that he needs to learn that bad deeds often lead to bad consequences in one way or another. There is nothing funny about this incident (although I felt I was watching the Onion news network with the classic portrayal of the internet as a place where sick adults (How did they know the hacker was an adult?) go to hurt children), but I'm not going to see anybody who breaks rules and lies this much with no regret as a victim either.

I would be interested in hearing how you think we should be reacting to the behaviour of this young man, Qeltar. So far all you've done is criticize the way the rest of us have reacted. Although if you can't do that without telling me to

do the species a favor and never reproduce

I'll quite happily just say goodbye to you too.
Rao.png

[hide=Quotes]

I believe this is karma as well and I don't understand how anybody can miss it. Okay, he's eleven and he can't identify scam sites. That can be a problem if you have an account worth hacking. But why do you think somebody targeted him and talked to him personally in the first place? This kid has a 1550 total level and a 100-ish combat level. Usually hackers wouldn't bother as nothing suggests he's rich, but as the video said, he had got some nice expensive equipment with the money he got from RWT. The whole story has karma written all over it.

So, did Timmy say "easy comes, easy goes" and get on with it? No, he went on TV to play the victim. He had lied to Jagex about his age to play and to his relatives to receive thier money to use for illegal purposes. Now he goes on TV hiding these lies and I'm supposed to feel sympathy for him? There are tens if not hundreds of kids who have gotten hacked through phising sites and most of them haven't lied and RWTed their way to riches. Those are the people I would feel sympathy for, not this person who just refuses to see any blame on himself. I think he should be banned for RWTing. My words might seem harsh, but I would be ready to personally tell Timmy that what he did was wrong and that he needs to learn that bad deeds often lead to bad consequences in one way or another. There is nothing funny about this incident (although I felt I was watching the Onion news network with the classic portrayal of the internet as a place where sick adults (How did they know the hacker was an adult?) go to hurt children), but I'm not going to see anybody who breaks rules and lies this much with no regret as a victim either.

I would be interested in hearing how you think we should be reacting to the behaviour of this young man, Qeltar. So far all you've done is criticize the way the rest of us have reacted. Although if you can't do that without telling me to

do the species a favor and never reproduce

I'll quite happily just say goodbye to you too.
[/hide]

Well said :thumbup:, I couldn't agree with you more.

Want to help the Tip.It Crew? Visit the Website Updates & Corrections forum!

Heartless? Nasty? I would like to think that comment is unfounded and radical. Most of my apathy, and humor comes from the news source, I am not a fan of most news outlets as biased media annoys me - this story was very poorly researched and did nothing more than establish an emotional jerk from the audiance, the poor kid got hurt on the internet - internet is not safe. The internet is dangerous, those damn adult's are out hurting kids, good chance the hacker is a minor too, most of the game is kids.

Honestly, The kid deserves to be banned, I know too many "kids" who were banned harshly in classic and treated as adults, I suppose to me any other sort of justice is unfair and largely the fact that he is unbanned, makes me feel like cheating occurred.

While I do tend to speed from time to time, the fact is - in life, most things have punishments. If I speed, I might get a ticket, but I live in a small town where sometimes I hit that dirt road and it's just me for miles. Comparing cheating - something that can get you kicked out of uni or in trouble in school - is bad.

For starters we don't know the whole story and we likely never will. But for a news article centered around RWT and it being ripped from him - Thats not exactly going to win you over friends. While it is sad his entire christmas is now gone, it' was also used to something that in our game, is a very hard and bad offense that carries a stigma.

Rules are rules, and he broke them, considering this rule changed the wild, trade and the game alot - it's not like he abused the penguin bug.

I find it hard to believe a seemingly ok 11 year old would go to a gold website - not realize it's illegal if he plays the game and not know what he was doing was wrong.

an old adage went "items come and go, xp is forever" - quite often in classic. In his case, he broke a rule and doesnt deserve his xp, but he has it, so he should count himself lucky.

i couldn't agree more!

its juts as soon as a parent hears this, they immediatly jump the band wagon and start hatin on jagex :roll:

armahiltsigsk7.png

hiltbannerfd4.png

Killer3650.png

Killer3650.png

Home World: 99

Irc-Chat: #Aod

Idiot kid deserved it. Not only did he practically steal family money, but Broke Jagex's Rules and the Law itself. I saw a Hack or Ban isnt good enough to be honest, not with the media making it worse.

Popoto.~<3

Grow up. All of you.

I have read all of your soapboxes, and frankly, this follows your hysterical pattern of comparing in-game situations to real life events. You have just compared getting hacked in runescape to RAPE. None of those scenarios are in any proper context to this situation, and you know they aren't. Grow up. You are just as melodramatic and immature as the people you are attacking. There is such a thing as personal responsibility in this world, however much you and others who think like you want to pretend there isn't.

And you clearly don't go to the RSOF if you actually think that this site is ANYTHING like that piss hole.

thedayrsdieddp8fv1cq2.png

Disgruntled, Ignorant, Rude, Obnoxious, over-the-top, unreasonable Ex-PKer

Drops: Abby Whips:13/ Black Mask: 38/ Dark Bow:3

It's beside the point whether the child RWT'ed or not. Just because he made mistakes ( and children do make mistakes at such a tender age ) does not in any way dilute the gravity of the situation that he was hacked/tricked/duped out of his account and has lost his monetary Christmas gift. Instead of sympathizing with him , you all are inadvertently subscribing to the hacker's actions with some saying what the hacker did was "good" . Today that child was the target, tomorrow it might be you?

Here is a quote which pretty much sums up the situation:

Well, I think the two issues of whether the kid was using RWT and how he was hacked are separate. I don't, for example, think that if someone is shot during a bank heist, the murderer's sentence should be reduced because the victim was a petty thief himself

Just reflect back on this thread and the posts, and you'd realize that no one has actually condoned the 'hacking' and are infact calling it 'karma' :wall:

Thanks,

Lord Shalaj

[99 Woodcutting] [99 Strength][99 Hitpoints]

30db3v5.jpg

"What will come, will come..

..We will have to face it when it does!"

Farming With Profit and VineSweeper Guide

A better method to slay Dagannoths!

PvP drops:

[hide=]1 x Vesta's Chainbody, 3 x Brawling gloves (Melee [1], Range [1], Magic [1])[/hide]

See this is what I don't get...pretend this is a few years ago when there was no trade limit and let's say Timmy's family members also play Runescape. It's Timmy's birthday and all of his family members get on Runescape to give him in game gifts amounting to a lot of wealth - a partyhat, the best armour, and a hefty cash pile (his grandma kick's [wagon] at staking). After Timmy receives all that he gets hacked, and yes it's probably his fault but hell he's 11 and like most 11 year olds he's going to make mistakes.

Now if the story were to be like that (which tbh isn't any different than rwt), would you all still be proclaiming "karma's a [bleep]"? Or that he got what's coming to him?

Some people are blinded by rage, some are blinded by love, but you guys all seem to be blinded by freaking real world trading.

May the presents of our lord and savior, Santa, be with you this holiday season!

First annual Clausmas - 2009 December 25

See this is what I don't get...pretend this is a few years ago when there was no trade limit and let's say Timmy's family members also play Runescape. It's Timmy's birthday and all of his family members get on Runescape to give him in game gifts amounting to a lot of wealth - a partyhat, the best armour, and a hefty cash pile (his grandma kick's [wagon] at staking). After Timmy receives all that he gets hacked, and yes it's probably his fault but hell he's 11 and like most 11 year olds he's going to make mistakes.

Now if the story were to be like that (which tbh isn't any different than rwt), would you all still be proclaiming "karma's a [bleep]"? Or that he got what's coming to him?

Some people are blinded by rage, some are blinded by love, but you guys all seem to be blinded by freaking real world trading.

If his relative played RuneScape and got a party hat, then gave it to him, I wouldn't have any problem at all with it. But by being a RWT'r he paid macroers. That's not right and is in no way acceptable.

My last post on this Thread, the kid got what he deserved, and is lucky not to be permanently banned.

/Thread

PS: This is an obvious troll thread, you should ignore Qeltar's replies as its the most blatant flame bait ive seen in a while.

Agreed. I think people with names and reputations get away with stuff that would earn a random person a ban.

thedayrsdieddp8fv1cq2.png

Disgruntled, Ignorant, Rude, Obnoxious, over-the-top, unreasonable Ex-PKer

Drops: Abby Whips:13/ Black Mask: 38/ Dark Bow:3

My last post on this Thread, the kid got what he deserved, and is lucky not to be permanently banned.

/Thread

PS: This is an obvious troll thread, you should ignore Qeltar's replies as its the most blatant flame bait ive seen in a while.

Agreed. I think people with names and reputations get away with stuff that would earn a random person a ban.

Nobody is above the rules. Some of the "biggest names" on this forum also have the biggest collection of warnings/bans.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Just forget it. I remember now why I left the last time. It's quite obvious that I don't fit in around here any more, so y'all just go back to your laugh riot about the 11-year-old who got scammed.

You keep defending the kid and use the fact that he's eleven to get us feel compassionate about it.

An eleven year old kid is NOT a sad and dumb person per sé. They go to school and they can read and he propably heard about RWTing. He only never used his reading skills for RS. The thing he propably never did was checking the Dev Diaries or the rules, or even the safety tips, as his bank got emptied so fast.

My point is: there is no reason he couldn't have known about RWTing and all the dangers in RS, except for lazyness.

priest_wiz.png