Are parent too harsh on Jagex? or misunderstood?

kill2pleasure

Can't Jagex sue the people that copyrighted there site and hacked its players?

Yes. By copying the RuneScape logo and most aspects of their website, they've infringed on Jagex's trademarks and copyrights. However its not really worth it for Jagex to sue every hacking website that uses their logos, etc., its enough just to get them shut down. Also maybe they somehow get the IP address of whoever started the site and block that IP from their game? I dunno...

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

":1vuvxer3]
Was a comment on that news site:

081229230957ia4.png

Any chance in getting that pic to jagex and getting those accounts banned for RWT?

I have no idea how, because they don't accept links :/

If this were RWT, then it would have been Hellslayer H killing Bird Flu J00. In this screenie I think we just see Little Timmeh being stupid in BH and loosing all the stuff he RWT, or we're seeing the hackers on Little Timmehs account doing the transfer.

Let me search that post again, i'm pretty sure it was the hacker laughing at timmy by showing this screenshot :|

Its a picture of the hackers on his account getting all of his items.

[/hide]

Wow... I don't throw this word around lightly, but having your name visible on a screenshot of you hacking someone's account is [developmentally delayed]!

Agreed. :wall:

But seriously, Little Timmy should have his account banned as well as the hacker. He lied about his age, and admitted to RWT on the news.

29y32nr.png

Rarest Drop: Obsidian Cape x3, TzHaar-Ket/Xil

081229230957ia4.png

Any chance in getting that pic to jagex and getting those accounts banned for RWT?

I have no idea how, because they don't accept links :/

If this were RWT, then it would have been Hellslayer H killing Bird Flu J00. In this screenie I think we just see Little Timmeh being stupid in BH and loosing all the stuff he RWT, or we're seeing the hackers on Little Timmehs account doing the transfer.

technically, it could just be a screen shot of a guy getting a kill and taking the pic and over "hearing" the conversation. However after noticing it was a decent amount of items it probably is timmy's stuff that was being transferred.

081229230957ia4.png

Lol, if he was PKing he sucks, he's brought all Sara brews and no restore pots what an idiot, no sharks or anything, stupid guy to be honest.

Lol, if he was PKing he sucks, he's brought all Sara brews and no restore pots what an idiot, no sharks or anything, stupid guy to be honest.

I see you haven't become any less childish since I was last here. Goes for many of, you frankly.

How good of a PKer were you when you were 11? Right.

As for the RWT... I guarantee you that he was told to do it by a friend, he asked for cash for Xmas to do it, and none of the adults who gave him the cash even knew it was against the rules.

Yes, he shouldn't have done it. No, that doesn't mean it is any less bad that people get hacked or scammed.

~q

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

Anyone below the age of 13 is allowed to play under the watch of a guardian.

Timmy is responsible for Rwt. No refund, account, items or cash.

Phishers get shut down.

@ 3hitu

It was not pking, it was xferring. The brews are for survival only, Restores are'nt neccesary as he's just getting killed.

lmfao. underage playing and rwting this kids deserves to get hacked. lmfao.

agreed. my friend (whos quit now) rwt'ed years ago when it was still fairly new and he had like 50m in stuff (back then prices) and then he died and lost it all. he figured he deserved it, so he took my advice and started making money the honest way and enjoyed the game much more.

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

Its -sad- to know that the child, guardian AND the news team.. are all idiots.

The child shouldnt used that website. Read the rules Plus set a bankpin?

The guardian should of read the rules. Shut the -*- up.

The news team should of both read the rules before making prats out of themselves (Seriously its one thing for the child and a ignorant parent but surely they should of done their research!??) and found REAL news.

I hope Timmy is banned. :roll:

4) what action do you take against rule breakers?

We have a series of rules which help to keep the game safe, each of these has variable punishments depending on the severity of the offence. Players are not aloud to advertise other sites and it is against our rules to pay for any items and players caught real world trading (paying money to third parties for levelling or in game wealth see http://www.jagex.com/corporate/Parents_ ... trading.ws) can be banned from the game.

I forgot to say that the news reporter said it was ADULTS who lured the boy to the fake site. They also said there were other kid playing the game (NOT responsible young men and women..just measly KIDS). I hope this kid falls in a hole and dieds, and I will go and halo style T-bag is dead body.

Jagex gives this nerd [Timmy] sympothy for not banning him, even though he got hacked and lost his RWT items. On the other hand, people get banned for no reasons every day, like the Penguin Banning. Some of those people accidently did it, and even though most of those people got un-banned, a small ammount was still banned. For accidently doing something. Sad. Gf Jagex. -.-

If Jagex can find ingame proof he rwt'd he probably will be banned. And Bird Flu j00 isn't on highscores? Maybe he was banned.

They don't need in-game proof. It was said in the video the kid spent $140 on equipment and coins.

You can't be any more direct then that. :wall:

29y32nr.png

Rarest Drop: Obsidian Cape x3, TzHaar-Ket/Xil

Just another biased news story on the mass media, with a story.

Typical media.

I like how they said it was a "Rare chance" to join a clan, man, they make it sound like it's impossible to join a clan. I just find it sad he RWT'ed and he lost it.

For some reason, I just laugh when it says "he can act like someone much older, Catching shark" Like shark is a sign of manhood or something,.

Also - why didn't timmy set a bankpin?

because 11 years olds who rwt and get hacked arent too bright :wall:

1100 total achieved 03/02/09 880thousandth to reach it :P

1200 total achieved 29/09/11 1.23millionth to reach it :P

awesome_600.png

das, make somthing idiot proof, somone will make a more suffient Idiot

Basically NOTHING is idiot proof anymore, as we can see in this video of "poor timmy getting hacked" #-o

I hope you get banned timmy for RWT'ing =D>

I don't know which mod did this. I don't know why they did it. If they're looking for money, I can tell them I don't have any as I'm a student. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over 4 years of RuneScape. Skills that I have worked hard for and people like them can't take them away. If they give me my particles back now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for them, I will not pursue them. But if they don't, I will look for them, I will find them, and they won't like what'll happen

I see you haven't become any less childish since I was last here. Goes for many of, you frankly.

How good of a PKer were you when you were 11? Right.

As for the RWT... I guarantee you that he was told to do it by a friend, he asked for cash for Xmas to do it, and none of the adults who gave him the cash even knew it was against the rules.

Yes, he shouldn't have done it. No, that doesn't mean it is any less bad that people get hacked or scammed.

~q

I didn't play when I was 11, I started at 13 I believe, and I was at top of my game when I was 14/15 :D

while browsing utube today, i seen this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sERNft7mM0E

now in the video it talks about how a guardian told all the family to give him money to spend it all on RWT Gp for this "Timmy"

Do you think parent are misunderstanding jagex and giving them a bad rep, when they're kids are abusing the rules themselves?

Jagex shouldn't be responsible at all for this IMO, how many parents do u think actually read all the rs rules?

Also the boy is only 11 years old...

post ur thoughs

No sympathy for them whatsoever. Disgust would be a much better word. They choose to give money to criminals for illegal stealing. The only sympathy I have is for the child who is being raised by people who have no respect for the law.

Jagex should ban his IP adress for RWTing. What do these losers expect, a consolation prize for cheating? They act like they are somehow entitled to something when they broke the law. They should be embarrassed, not angry. The word "pathetic" does not even begin to describe this video. I bet they are with lawyer, a publicist, and a PR expert right now, trying to squeeze as much money as they can out of the situation.

Even more sad is how Jagex is made out to be the enemy for not protecting cheaters and criminals. Jagex is excessive in its enforcement of RWT rules, and its protection of idiots like these people. The problem is not caused by gold farmers, but by gold BUYERS. They create a market for the gold, because they are such sad, pathetic excuses for human life that they have to cheat on a VIDEO GAME to win. They can't even honestly win in a game.

[/end unreasonable, uncaring, ignorant, over-the-top rant]

thedayrsdieddp8fv1cq2.png

Disgruntled, Ignorant, Rude, Obnoxious, over-the-top, unreasonable Ex-PKer

Drops: Abby Whips:13/ Black Mask: 38/ Dark Bow:3

This video just angers me, the way his parents are reacting is idiotic. It shows that they have no idea what they're doing. The fact that they are upset because their (11 year old) son got hacked of all his ill-begotten goods is laughable.

There is so much wrong with that video...

EDIT - Signature far exceeds our sig limits but since it's so colourful you can keep it.

I wish the news station would have done their research more...

Instead they've made fools of themselves. >_<

http://www.abc15.com/content/news/inves ... lekJw.cspx

^ Text version of the report if anyone missed it earlier.