Are parent too harsh on Jagex? or misunderstood?

kill2pleasure

rofl i almost [cabbage] myself just watching this hahahahaaa hahahahaha that was the best ever! :twss: "timmy spent over $140 gaining virtual points" adam tuckwell from rs should have said: STUPID NOOB RWT'ED SO WE LURED HIM TO A SITE AND JACKED HIS ACCOUNT. GF TIMMEH.

LMAO!

It's the parents' fault, they needed to read the rule. I share no sympathy for the kid.

Residua.png

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol noob

Hellslayer_h.png

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I found the actual site... Little Timmy, got Haxxed

And I was actually going to post a comment, but you need to join te site, so I'll just post it here...

[hide=]Well, this is actually the kid's own fault. He didn't bother to know that is against the rules to pay for stuff outside the game with real money, A.K.A. real-world-trading. That is actually rule 12 one Runescape. Also, the game has a requirement for players to be at least 13 to play, isn't Timmy 11? Also, in the game it tells players to only enter their password on Runescape itself, and always look at the address bar. Now, sorry that the kid and his family didn't read into the rules, to understand they were playing wrong, but hey, crying about and being on the news doesn't make you better.

I play Runescape myself actually, and the game itself provides fair hints to what you should do, and what is against the rules. This kid Timmy, must not have really read the rules, or the Terms of Service. In my opinion, this kid does not deserve his account for breaking the rules, being underage, and that he was easily fooled into entering his password on a different site other than Runescape. Now, you may think I am being a jerk, but I am thinking that most of the avid Runescape players would say the same. This kid is better off playing something more appropriate for someone his age, like a Console system, without the possibility of being hacked.

Oh, and by the way, your reporter had wrong information, you don't need to pay to play Runescape, the game does have a free version. Thank you, and next time, make sure your news is correct, and just before defending someone who broke the rules himself.[/hide]

I can really say that this kid isn't getting my sympathy. Move on kid, get a life..

Ryxorz.png

Ryxorz.png

Someone posted the link to the website that "little timmy" got phished on (it was a site with a player moderator application, including mod only skills and quests lol, on it) so I sent an email to their abuse department and it got removed in less than 2 minutes after sending the email. How ABC couldn't get it removed i'll never know.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I'm amazed at this video. It shows just how ignorant some people can be.

They are doing a report on how a 11 year old got hacked because of his own stupidity, he admitted to using RWT, and the news team acts like it was all Runescapes fault! :wall:

Did they even read the rules? DId they read that RWT is illegal? Did they know you have to be 13 or older to play Runescape? And what about the precautions Runescape tells its players to avoid them from getting hacked?

"Timmy" needs to get banned. I'm thinking about sending that news team a little information about Runescape, such as what Timmy did is illegal.

29y32nr.png

Rarest Drop: Obsidian Cape x3, TzHaar-Ket/Xil

Timmy's caught so many shark, people ask him for help all the time!

xD xD

First time I've actually loled for real. What a joke. OMG I LAWST MUNEZ BAI BREAKING TEH RULZ AND GETUNG HAXED I GO ON NEWS N0W K THANX BAI?

Must have been a reaaaaaaaally slow news day at the office, huh?

No witty signatures for me :(

You dummmyy, the point is about rwt traders. Its not the parents fault for him being to spoiled, its timmys fault for being 11 and playing rs. He should be banned for being underage. If he was older, he wouldnt go to that website. That same thing happened to me in pest control. I'm pretty sure it was the same clan and link that i was asked to join. Usually from my experiences, anything that ends with [LikelyScam] is a hack site.

shooterbob7.png

That video cracked me up.

"Timmy is so good, people ask him for help"

Welcome to the internet, lady.

If he plays for years and is that good, he wouldn't fall for a scam like that :roll:

And the parents are just as worse.

Admitting on tv to RWT?

Rofl, I'm still laughing. Timmeh!

Edit: Rofl at the kill! Awesome!

summersignature.png angel2w.gif

"A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do"

[Currently playing: K1ll L1f3]

at that age we're all vulnerable I gave my password away when I was 12 aswell with security dungeon and things Jagex are trying to educate people but will usually take somebody to get hacked once to learn :(

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Was a comment on that news site:

081229230957ia4.png

Any chance in getting that pic to jagex and getting those accounts banned for RWT?

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Its disgusting that there are people out there trying to get your password, stealing hundreds of hours of work that people have put into there accounts. This is a 11 year old child not some spotty teenage kid who would know better like most of you posting on here. I do feel sorry for him, having played wow i know how many people actualy bother to buy gold and i dont see why it would be anydiffernt here other than the fact its banned, but for parents there just trying to make their child happy.

If i was a 65 grandad who was born in an age without computers i wouldnt of thought to log onto this website read all the rules to see if buying gold was aloud, you just do what you can to please your grandson and make him happy.

You know, Just because you are old, does not mean you are computer stupid, I work for an isp and quite a few of our senior citizen customers are more adept or just as good as those from 30-40.

One gentlemen flew fighter plans in world war 2 and now runs linux AND teaches Mac/Windows courses at a local library. I kid you not when I say this guy in his late 70's, could seriously work support and do better than most 18-20 year olds. As he said "You have to learn to love to learn". Most adults do not. It isn't like runescape warns you about other websites, and to only put your password on on runescape, not to mention any kid who can read would understand RWT is illegal after all of the trading hoopla.

I hate to be a cold bastard, but I don't really feel sorry for timmy because jagex has made this game idiot proof, and judging from his bounty hunter kill picture - he was not exactly game stupid, but my question is what is someone with stats like his doing in BH with gear like that?

Chances are the guy who killed him, killed him for RWTing and wasn't involved in the RWT - or I doubt he would post a picture lol

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

I hate to be a cold bastard, but I don't really feel sorry for timmy because jagex has made this game idiot proof, and judging from his bounty hunter kill picture - he was not exactly game stupid, but my question is what is someone with stats like his doing in BH with gear like that?

Chances are the guy who killed him, killed him for RWTing and wasn't involved in the RWT - or I doubt he would post a picture lol

I'd say that is the RWT when he got hacked, not the guy going in Bh for himself. Look at the chat, looks like a hacker on the account talking to the other RWT'ers, and the drop is full of brews to survive the time after the kill and 3 expensive items to get the money across.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

A SPECIAL NOTE ABOUT PRETEENS AND USERS UNDER 18

If you are under 13 years old you will be able to create an account but unable to disclose personal data through the game or website. Any personal data collected by us, which we find subsequently to be from someone under 13, will be automatically deleted. We recommend that parents / guardians set up an account and play together with their children. Many parents have reported that playing Jagex Products as a family is fun and rewarding.

If you are under 13 and subscribe to the members' version of our game you are representing (i.e. making a promise) that you have consent from your parents / guardian to use Jagex Products in accordance with our terms and conditions and privacy policy. We reserve the right to permanently ban any account if we are not satisfied that such consent has been given.

If you are under 18, by using our website you are representing (i.e. making a promise) that you have consent from your parents / guardian to use Jagex Products in accordance with our terms and conditions and privacy policy. We reserve the right to permanently ban any account if we are not satisfied that such consent has been given.

If we are notified by a parent that their child has lied about their age when registering for Jagex Products, we will terminate the account provided we have confirmation which satisfies us that the reporting person is indeed the parent or guardian.

Parents can find more information about the Game and how to contact us in the Parents' Guide.

He is allowed to play, he just lied about his age, and therefore he should be "terminated" :lol:

081229230957ia4.png

Any chance in getting that pic to jagex and getting those accounts banned for RWT?

I have no idea how, because they don't accept links :/

If this were RWT, then it would have been Hellslayer H killing Bird Flu J00. In this screenie I think we just see Little Timmeh being stupid in BH and loosing all the stuff he RWT, or we're seeing the hackers on Little Timmehs account doing the transfer.

081229230957ia4.png

If this were RWT, then it would have been Hellslayer H killing Bird Flu J00. In this screenie I think we just see Little Timmeh being stupid in BH and loosing all the stuff he RWT, or we're seeing the hackers on Little Timmehs account doing the transfer.

Let me search that post again, i'm pretty sure it was the hacker laughing at timmy by showing this screenshot :|

081229230957ia4.png

Let me search that post again, i'm pretty sure it was the hacker laughing at timmy by showing this screenshot :|

Its a picture of the hackers on his account getting all of his items.

zqXeV.jpg

081229230957ia4.png

Its a picture of the hackers on his account getting all of his items.

Wow... I don't throw this word around lightly, but having your name visible on a screenshot of you hacking someone's account is [developmentally delayed]ed!