About Timmy and the Hacker

Ixindor

Poll  

1. 1. Poll

there are a lot of people on here saying "who cares, it's just a kid who got hacked, drop it." this thread is not about the kid. it is about this news article inaccurately portraying runescape. they make it seem like runescape allows and openly facilitates this kind of thing, when infact we all know they've made huge sacrifices and devoted a lot of resources to trying to raise awareness and make it harder for hackers to make fake phish sites or scam other people. this news article clearly is not well researched, and it makes our game look bad. forget timmy, concentrate on the news article.

"Devoted a lot of resources to raise awareness and make it harder for hackers to [...]"? Bull feathers.

Their defense against unrelated RWT (RWT not tied to macro-ing or gold farming industries) is a rule that prohibits people from spreading website names and reiterating the same, ancient warning of "don't visit any websites" or whatnot. Guess what? Had I followed that, I would never have found Tip.It or RuneHQ. These warnings have been proven time and time again to be nearly worthless.

Whilst, their defense against RWT that's causing harm to their game is to make massive game changes limiting the play style of all current players.

You have an interesting definition of "lot of resources." Jagex willingly allows Runescape to coexist with Junk Trading, BH Trading, Dragonstone Trading, etc. They put little to no effort in preventing horribly miss-priced goods, as shown by the Corr. Morrigan's Javelins transfer method, or the Dragon Claws, or the Dragon Plate. They do little to rectify the situation on items that have long since existed as an RWT / trade limit bypass, Divine and Elysian Spirit Shields and 3a gear.

While Runescape isn't truly as bad as the article portrays it, the article isn't that far off. Jagex could do a lot more about these situations, but they choose not to. Besides, the whole "making Runescape look bad" is already done by WoW. Better graphics, and many, many more subscribers describe the fee being thrice Runescape's. Most popular MMO in the world. And keeping that in mind, do you really think any media source would care enough to follow up on an article considering how few people would read it?

If you think you can code one of the worlds biggest MMORPGs yourself and manage to keep RWT away with some amazingly clever way that only you know then go ahead. If they could do a lot more then why not tell us exactly what they could do? Don't [bleep] on Jagex though. They're not perfect and they can't do everything. They'll get around to fixing your GE prices sometime.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, and be sure to include in your letter lots of sneering comments about how funny it is that he got hacked, and how much he deserved it, and how it was his own fault, and how much you "LOLed" at hearing about an 11-year-old kid getting ripped off.

Give the guy a good taste for the what the RS player community is really like. Maybe he'll do another story on it. :roll:

Hay guise I put my password in at "r00nscape.scam" and now my stuff is gone? wut happen?

God, I dont know what I was thinking when I used to agree with you. This IS his fault. If hes to young to be on the internet, GET HIM OFF THE INTERNET. You cant beat the so called "cyber bullies" (lol) you can only defend yourself.

See ya, im gonna go raid habbo hotel with my fellow /b/tards. I hope we scar a few kids for life.

Yes, and be sure to include in your letter lots of sneering comments about how funny it is that he got hacked, and how much he deserved it, and how it was his own fault, and how much you "LOLed" at hearing about an 11-year-old kid getting ripped off.

Give the guy a good taste for the what the RS player community is really like. Maybe he'll do another story on it. :roll:

Hay guise I put my password in at "r00nscape.scam" and now my stuff is gone? wut happen?

God, I dont know what I was thinking when I used to agree with you. This IS his fault. If hes to young to be on the internet, GET HIM OFF THE INTERNET. You cant beat the so called "cyber bullies" (lol) you can only defend yourself.

See ya, im gonna go raid habbo hotel with my fellow /b/tards. I hope we scar a few kids for life.

Pool's closed.

Are you a cyberbully?

priest_wiz.png

You're missing the point here. Tackling RWTing is a bigger job than you seem to realise, and you can simultaneously have invested a lot of resources and made a lot of progress and still have a lot left to do.

Don't bring WoW into this either, it's completely irrelevant.

How is WoW completely irrelevant? I hate the game, personally, but it doesn't change the fact that as the most popular game in the world, it draws ALL the attention, especially when it is part of a genre that gets very little attention anyways. MMORPGs are becoming bigger and bigger, but are still shunned to the side in the news, especially in the current global economic condition.

They invested a lot of resources. But most of it seems completely wasted. You changed the log-in screen... big deal, it'll take a phishing site 20 minutes to fix theirs. you changed the website layout... again, big deal. Now it's easier to find the message that players don't pay attention to.

And then, Andrew personally states on the Runescape home page that Junk Trading is "okay" because it lets people trade at the prices they feel are right. Is he implying that the other methods, D Stones, and BH are okay too? Is he really blind to these being used for RWT, which is spurring these phishing sites?

Or how about the prices they set? Corr. Morrigan Javelins 5k each, Corr. Morrigan Javelins (p) 30k each, nope no problems there. Dragon Claws at 300k with scimitar speed and ridiculously powerful special, along with its incredibly low drop rate and the only monster dropping them requiring all quests complete... no problems there either.

It doesn't feel to me as if they've poured anywhere near sufficient resources into combating hackers and phishing sites. While victims are certainly at fault, that does not excuse the criminals. There was a huge debate over whether luring should be permitted a few years ago, and that was my belief then as well. Rules need to be enforced. Where's the legal suits against these websites? Where's the GE fix that would solve many of the current RWT problems, as well as making the game better as a whole? Why have they not put more effort into their testing, or opened some sort of beta server testing system for new content?

- reworked entire website layout, and mechanics

- reworked website login to make it harder for phishing sites to look legitimate

- created a dungeon to try to promote better account safety

- recent removal of weak passwords

they have a policy of not endorsing fan sites, and warning users of the potential dangers of them. they clearly state their lack of involvement in fan sites. you forget that there are only a handful of good fansites, yet numerous sites devoted to selling gold and items, probably hundreds of phishing sites (the same template copied over and over by the same individuals, to negate the removal of them), etc. tip.it and runehq are not the norm, they are a rarity. since there are so many more malicious sites than good, jagex is right to be very cautious about 'fansites'

Reworked website / login - Useless. Sorry, but having a "Don't visit other websites!" sign that no one reads in a more accessible place doesn't help. Having a new layout that requires perhaps half an hour to copy doesn't help.

Security Stronghold? I don't know about the rest of you, but I blazed through the thing, randomly clicking answers until it let me through the stupid door so I could get the emotes. Warnings don't cut it. Telling people not to do something doesn't work. When telling people not to RWT or Auto didn't work, Jagex pulled out their big guns and pointed them straight at the rule breakers. When people are robbing naive or foolish players, Jagex just ignores them. Again, where's the lawsuits to shut these websites down? Where are the anti-RWT measures to prevent the rule breakers from profiting?

Recent Removal of Weak Passwords? How does this help the slightest when it comes to phishing sites?

My point is that telling someone not to do something isn't "a lot of resources" compared to what they have done in other cases. Be it telling rule breakers not to break rules, or warning players not to fall for the tricks, it's simply not enough. With the macro and gold farmer situation, Jagex found a unique solution, reaching to the heart of the problem within the game itself. With the phishing situation, Jagex continues putting up warning signs, but does little else.

If you think you can code one of the worlds biggest MMORPGs yourself and manage to keep RWT away with some amazingly clever way that only you know then go ahead. If they could do a lot more then why not tell us exactly what they could do? Don't [bleep] on Jagex though. They're not perfect and they can't do everything. They'll get around to fixing your GE prices sometime.

What could they do? First, fix the GE prices. There have been thousands of solutions posted on RSOF, on Tip.It, etc, and thousands of debates on it. BH is obviously not threatening enough the way it is now, seeing as people are still using it for BH trades all the time. In fact, BH is a failure overall, because as long as you have a trustworthy clan of sufficient size, RWT should always be possible. Keep up the PvP content and remove the failed bounty hunter, or make it even more dangerous than it is now and fix the glitches (such as killing the RWTer with a pickup timer and picking it up after it fades). Why is the Tokkul Price for Dragonstones so low? That is an obvious and easy fix. Why was Dragon Claws 200k? Anyone with half a brain should've realized that 200k was horribly, horribly off from the true value. Set up a Beta Test server and select a few players to "try" things out, and hopefully start with better prices.

There's dozens of things they can do besides just tell people "Don't set up phishing sites! Don't advertise websites! Don't go to other websites!" Timmy is certainly at fault, I won't deny that, but that does not excuse the criminal. Jagex has proven that they can do more than simply put up warnings, and they have done little in this situation.

While Runescape isn't truly as bad as the article portrays it, the article isn't that far off. Jagex could do a lot more about these situations, but they choose not to.

What else can they do? Make it impossible to log in to your account without a retina and fingerprint scan? Lock your bank account for 24 hours until they can prove that you're you every time you log in? Give me a freaking break. Jagex has done way too much already in educating their players about hackers, and they've done everything BUT change the BH drop system to mimic PvP worlds to stop RWT.

There's already been a hell of a lot done to prevent idiots like Timmy from gaining an upper hand. There is a point in time when no one but the victim can claim responsibility for their own stupidity.

I lol'd. But honestly, he deserved that, he was a RWT, I'm just sick about those people buying success in game

What else can they do? How about fix the Grand Exchange prices, Bounty Hunter, and the dragon stone situation so that RWT is far more limited and these phishers have less incentive for phishing? How about filing a law suit against people making phishing sites, and force them to put up hundreds of thousands of dollars to defend themselves or surrender their business?

This sounds awfully like the justification for luring. "The victim deserved it so the criminal is innocent." I've received nonstop e-mails from my college throughout the past few months. Every other week, at least, someone at the University of Washington is foolish enough to walk around through the streets of Seattle, alone, drunk, at 1 or 2 in the morning. And then they get robbed.

Is the mugger innocent? Sure, the idiot deserved to be mugged for being so incredibly dumb. But that doesn't excuse the lowlife mugger who would prey on people who make a mistake, however stupid. We still hunt these criminals down and put them in prison.

So why is it fair to place the blame entirely on the victim, and give free reign to the criminals just because "the victim deserved it?"

remaking the website and login actually does help. that shiny java login screen where the specks of light follow your mouse around is hard to replicate or fake well. i don't know about you, but if i tried to log in and didn't see that, i'd get nervous and recheck what website i'm on.

what the hell is this about lawsuits to shut phishing sites down? many of them probably aren't even hosted in this country, and even if they were shut down, they can just rehost the site.

and like you said, the people who fall for phishing are generally ill-informed, or as you put it "naive and foolish" so how exactly do you expect jagex to force them to care more about themselves? they already added a themed dungeon on it, what do you suggest?

as for removal of weak passwords, i guess that's all you can do for those "naive and foolish" players, who wouldn't do it on their own. though jagex has repeatedly warned players about password strength and security, they still had to step in and force these people to change their passwords.

fishing.gif

remaking the website and login actually does help. that shiny java login screen where the specks of light follow your mouse around is hard to replicate or fake well. i don't know about you, but if i tried to log in and didn't see that, i'd get nervous and recheck what website i'm on.

what the hell is this about lawsuits to shut phishing sites down? many of them probably aren't even hosted in this country, and even if they were shut down, they can just rehost the site.

and like you said, the people who fall for phishing are generally ill-informed, or as you put it "naive and foolish" so how exactly do you expect jagex to force them to care more about themselves? they already added a themed dungeon on it, what do you suggest?

as for removal of weak passwords, i guess that's all you can do for those "naive and foolish" players, who wouldn't do it on their own. though jagex has repeatedly warned players about password strength and security, they still had to step in and force these people to change their passwords

I'd get nervous and recheck the websites but it's not hard at all to replicate or fake well... just ask anyone with a good amount of experience with such things.

Also, I'm willing to bet plenty of the phishing websites ARE hosted in this country, or in countries where Jagex can hold legal influence. Ever heard of the pirate bay? Suits are being filed against it right now by American corporations despite it being hosted in another country. You can't shut ALL of them down, but they can try to take down some of them. Also, what about the constant flood of people in game telling you "Go to letmehacku dot cee oh em for free Geepeez!"? Both autos for spamming messages and naming websites is against the rules, yet these people get by for a day or more, and when shut down, simply replace it. Of course, these are always placed in more crowded areas, like W2 GE... is it so hard to get a J-Mod to drop in every hour or so and kick them out? There's probably less than 5 locations that these people target, where they'd have an effect anyways.

And removal of weak passwords has nothing at all to do with phishing, because a phishing site will steal your password complex or not if you type it in, which is why it has nothing to do with the situation I'm talking about.

The point is that Jagex has proven itself resourceful when approaching problems. However, they allow a very blatant rule breaking industry (RWT) knowingly, instead of trying to find a solution. And as a result, some players suffer from it. All they do is put up warnings and messages... they could do a lot more. They could fix the loopholes that permit 99% of the RWT exchanges, that are also causing harm to the game itself. They could hire more employees and crack down on these rule breakers legally and in-game. But they don't.

how do you know they aren't trying to find a solution? just because they don't report back to us? as you said, every time an account is banned for advertising rwt sites, a new one pops up. do you really think it's worth their time for a mod to wait around in each crowded area and ban them when and if they show up? it simply isn't worth the time for a mod to be sitting there looking for rulebreakers when he/she could be looking for actual solutions, or working on game content.

how do you propose fixing those loopholes that allow for 99% of rwt exchanges?

fishing.gif

What else can they do? How about fix the Grand Exchange prices, Bounty Hunter, and the dragon stone situation so that RWT is far more limited and these phishers have less incentive for phishing? How about filing a law suit against people making phishing sites, and force them to put up hundreds of thousands of dollars to defend themselves or surrender their business?

This sounds awfully like the justification for luring. "The victim deserved it so the criminal is innocent." I've received nonstop e-mails from my college throughout the past few months. Every other week, at least, someone at the University of Washington is foolish enough to walk around through the streets of Seattle, alone, drunk, at 1 or 2 in the morning. And then they get robbed.

Is the mugger innocent? Sure, the idiot deserved to be mugged for being so incredibly dumb. But that doesn't excuse the lowlife mugger who would prey on people who make a mistake, however stupid. We still hunt these criminals down and put them in prison.

So why is it fair to place the blame entirely on the victim, and give free reign to the criminals just because "the victim deserved it?"

Good God, you really have no idea.

To begin with, suing RWT companies is a waste of time. They can disappear and reappear in a country with lesser sanctions in less than 24 hours, and international laws in certain places (i.e. China) are lax enough to permit this kind of thing. I'd much rather the money that goes to lawyers go to updating the game or Customer Support.

And whatever you do, don't go saying something as asinine as "Blizzard sued RWT". Did it work? Hell no.

Second, your analogy is rather horrible, as most real-life ones are. While there are warnings for walking alone from a party drunk, there are actual physical limitations as to how you can actually break the rules in RuneScape. Consider:

- You can't say your password.

- You can't access your bank account without a PIN (if you have it enabled).

- There are two strongholds to educate players about the rules.

- They physically bar the weakest of passwords now.

- There is a Parents' Guide, available for anyone (including the guardian, who REALLY dropped the ball) to read.

- You can always read the rules.

Consider that he ignored all of the flashing neon lights on his way to oblivion. If you don't notice the first five hundred signs and didn't pull over, then you kind of deserve to drive off the ravine. This is where 'blaming the victim' comes in.

Reworked website / login - Useless. Sorry, but having a "Don't visit other websites!" sign that no one reads in a more accessible place doesn't help. Having a new layout that requires perhaps half an hour to copy doesn't help.

Do you know how difficult it would be to replicate the Jagex login screen? Probably not, since you've never worked with Java before. But it would be painstakingly difficult to accurately replicate that Java login page. Best part of all, should a phisher actually manager to copy it, one or two changes of the 'glowing orbs' algorithm + wavy lines, and presto, your site is secure again. In reality, they don't bother with it since it's time consuming to do; phishing sites generally disappear without a trace in a few days.

Security Stronghold? I don't know about the rest of you, but I blazed through the thing, randomly clicking answers until it let me through the stupid door so I could get the emotes. Warnings don't cut it. Telling people not to do something doesn't work. When telling people not to RWT or Auto didn't work, Jagex pulled out their big guns and pointed them straight at the rule breakers. When people are robbing naive or foolish players, Jagex just ignores them. Again, where's the lawsuits to shut these websites down? Where are the anti-RWT measures to prevent the rule breakers from profiting?

It's natural that the typical attitude towards the Security Stronghold is to have the "I know everything and I won't be dumb enough to get hacked", but the fact of the matter is that people seldom doubt the usefulness of that information, including you. Had you actually taken the time to go through it, and accepted the Stronghold for what it was -- a tool to educate players about account security -- I wouldn't have figured you for the fool that I do now. Jagex doesn't even have to put warnings up, but when they do, their blame in this whole matter just...disappears.

As for suing the RWT websites, refer to my first comment.

My point is that telling someone not to do something isn't "a lot of resources" compared to what they have done in other cases. Be it telling rule breakers not to break rules, or warning players not to fall for the tricks, it's simply not enough. With the macro and gold farmer situation, Jagex found a unique solution, reaching to the heart of the problem within the game itself. With the phishing situation, Jagex continues putting up warning signs, but does little else.

Who's fault is it for burning themselves for ironing their clothes when they're wearing it? The iron company? Wait, didn't they put a warning about how to not iron your clothes while wearing them? If they put the warning label up, they've done everything that they can to prevent the consumer from doing something damn stupid, but if they ignore that warning, they're not liable. Same idea applies here.

(Again, let's not go the asinine route and tell me about the McDonalds hot coffee lawsuit. Even if it was a victory, coffee is supposed to be hot. That is an implied warning.)

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

Do you know how difficult it would be to replicate the Jagex login screen? Probably not, since you've never worked with Java before. But it would be painstakingly difficult to accurately replicate that Java login page. Best part of all, should a phisher actually manager to copy it, one or two changes of the 'glowing orbs' algorithm + wavy lines, and presto, your site is secure again. In reality, they don't bother with it since it's time consuming to do; phishing sites generally disappear without a trace in a few days.

Its actually very easy to recompile the cached .class files, insert your phishing page as the target of the login data, and recompile, with only moderate java experience.

You make it sound like running through a few level 87 monsters is hard which it really shouldn't be at your level.

riptide_mage.png

riptide_mage.png

I think you've completely, absolutely misunderstood all my posts, or never bothered to read them. I can't be bothered responding to all of that, especially since from reading your posts in the last thread I saw you posting in, you can be a little dense, so I will just summarize what I've said again and see if it gets through:

I was commenting that Jagex has not put a great amount of effort into combating this particular brand of RWT and the phishing attempts that follow. I am not saying that they should. I am saying that they could. And try Googling RIAA intimidation. It works for them, and it worked to a degree for WoW.

I was not trying to criticize Jagex. I was just pointing out that saying that the people stating Jagex has put an enormous effort towards solving issues like this are over exaggerating. Warnings and requests are NOT an enormous effort. Going all the way and changing game content is.

And do me a favor... just don't bother responding, since I have an opinion of you probably no kinder than your opinion of me, so it would be pointless at best.

Its actually very easy to recompile the cached .class files, insert your phishing page as the target of the login data, and recompile, with only moderate java experience.

Of course, it's foolish to say that it hasn't been done if I haven't seen it, so I won't say it. I just find it difficult to believe that any phisher would bother with it. It's much, much simpler and more practical to take the alternate login page (for computers without Java or flaky Java installs), and use that to fool people.

@soma (and this is the last reply to you): Perhaps you didn't get my point, either, but that's fine. There's only so much that Jagex can do to warn players about phishing, since they can't control the sites that people go to. Without seriously violating privacy on our ends, all they can do is put warnings up. It's not like they can place filters on all of our machines, preventing access to phishing sites.

If I come off as abrasive to you, I'm sorry, but that's the way I feel about this. I don't believe that RIAA intimidation works, especially in countries that have similar policies as Sweden.

Sorry you have such a poor opinion of me. I don't mind your posts, I just wish they were a bit more thoroughly researched.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

JaGex has all the evidence it needs to Perm Ban. Do it, do it now!

Then tell the reporter what you've done. Kids like that, took RS back years and nearly ruined it for everybody.

No sympathy I'm afraid :twisted:

Rozanante.png

Rozanante.png

Still the proud owner of Quest Cape since 8th December 2007

All skills used to be 70 or higher. (Dang you Dungeoneering. Oh wait, it's not a skill...)

Drops: Whips 8, Black Mask 8, D/Skirt 1, D/Spear 1, D/Shield Left Half 1, D/Boots 12, G/Maul 4, Range Ammy 1, Hexcrest 1.

I think you've completely, absolutely misunderstood all my posts, or never bothered to read them. I can't be bothered responding to all of that, especially since from reading your posts in the last thread I saw you posting in, you can be a little dense, so I will just summarize what I've said again and see if it gets through:

I was commenting that Jagex has not put a great amount of effort into combating this particular brand of RWT and the phishing attempts that follow. I am not saying that they should. I am saying that they could. And try Googling RIAA intimidation. It works for them, and it worked to a degree for WoW.

I was not trying to criticize Jagex. I was just pointing out that saying that the people stating Jagex has put an enormous effort towards solving issues like this are over exaggerating. Warnings and requests are NOT an enormous effort. Going all the way and changing game content is.

And do me a favor... just don't bother responding, since I have an opinion of you probably no kinder than your opinion of me, so it would be pointless at best.

The way that I interpreted his post, it was crystal-clear to him exactly what you said and you've just shrugged it off because you think he's 'dense'... /troll.

OT: Jagex already has more than enough measures to make sure what happened to Timmy shouldn't happen to anyone with the reasoning ability of a 13+ year old... like someone else already said, there's only so much Jagex can do before they start invading privacy and the 'victim' has to take responsibility of their own mistakes.

I'm not saying that I'm glad that Timmy had RWTed and then got hacked, but to a certain degree he did deserve it because surely even at 11 years old he must have realised that buying in-game items for real money must be against the rules, and for that matter he surely could have guessed that entering account info anywhere but the official site is asking for trouble.

Of course, it's foolish to say that it hasn't been done if I haven't seen it, so I won't say it. I just find it difficult to believe that any phisher would bother with it. It's much, much simpler and more practical to take the alternate login page (for computers without Java or flaky Java installs), and use that to fool people.

As I have seen it, it has been done. The forum log-in is not completely the exact same (the dots would normally bounce around if your mouse hit them) but enough to be so close that a lot of people could be fooled by it.

Even worse is the fact that I've seen someone make a fake Runescape login screen for the actual GAME. The website was taken down by the host, I believe, though. The website actually ended in a "runescape.com" and it was so close to a real RS world link that I would have fallen for it had the text when loading wasn't the RS font.

However, a TON of people just copied other peoples phishers with the regular non-Java login and started using that. But we have yet to see the worst of whats to come -- the phishers that look insanely close to being real.

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!

Sorry, I must be a bit dense because I dont understand:

How on earth do Jagex change game content which will stop phishers? They already have the SoS to WARN the players of the dangers, but I dont see anything which will stop it. With RWT the simple solution was to stop trade - No trade = No RWT.

How do you stop Phishing? Delete Runescape? No accounts = No stolen accounts through phishing. =D>

Unless Runescape has some invisible control over the rest of the internet which I am not aware of, I dont understand your point.

erjypx.jpg

Just kidding ladies, you know I love you =D

Guide to Making Money with NPC Trading

This sounds awfully like the justification for luring. "The victim deserved it so the criminal is innocent."

Yes, and the people laughing at "Timmy" here are mostly the same ones who justified luring by blaming it on the victim as well.

Give up, soma -- you can't teach ethics to those who lack the interest, and the level of interest around this place wanes by the month.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

This sounds awfully like the justification for luring. "The victim deserved it so the criminal is innocent."

Yes, and the people laughing at "Timmy" here are mostly the same ones who justified luring by blaming it on the victim as well.

Give up, soma -- you can't teach ethics to those who lack the interest, and the level of interest around this place wanes by the month.

Woa, woa, woa, I personally laughed until my [wagon] fell off and needed reeated reatachments, but I never justified luring via victim stupidity. Shame shame for generalizing :shame:

Honestly, as long as there is a log in screen, there is very very little that Jagex(or any website) can do to stop copycat websites. The dazzling pretty effects and what not that they use now is honestly about the ebst that they can do to idiotproof logging in.

Good fight, Timmy Easter.

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20