The Contemporary Spellbook

sees_all1

You can list me as support, but seriously I really really doubt jagex will do this

new F2P quest doesn't mean massive expansion for f2p (unless this is part of MMG's F2P upgrade year)

I'll take another look through and tell you unbalances if you would like then ::'

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously can all these people who keep saying its overpowered READ THE POST MORE CAREFULLY?

There are measures put in by sees_all1 to prevent overpoweredness of some spells. On the surface, they might seem overpowered (e.g. apparate), but due to certain measures like time limits, rune costs, etc, they are balanced out.

How many times to people in P2P PvP use Vulnerability, or other spells similar to it? I'm guessing never, because they're only using Ancients when in PvP. So Vulnerability is already obsolete, however I could imagine many F2pers using it in this spellbook.

You're correct about the unpopularity of vulnerability.

But even so, giving f2p (and p2p) a better spell compared to it, in terms of cost and casting level, is quite absurd and likely to draw critism from existing p2p players. It is similiar to what happens if Jagex suddenly decides that they open some higher level but lesser used features to f2p, say crafting chaos runes

Taking at least 100 death runes to finish the task does not imply you should get 100 death rune back afterwards. The DD doesn't give out any single rune. However, in DD, you need to burn a lots of runes to fight the bosses. Though you may argue that they give out more experience...

If I say it is overpowered, compare it to other classes have got today. Effects like black out will make it extremely difficult for other classes to counterattack and vulnerable to sudden KO, and also enables it to escape when being attacked by rangers. Other spells which knocks one back by 9 squares also gives mages great advantage when chased by rangers or meleers. Finally, the increase in damage potential means mages are now equal to other classes when dealing damage. This makes meleers and rangers in an inferior position since they cannot pull out magick tricks.

You attempt to make the spells more fair by limiting the number of casts in a fixed period. This may appear effective --- but wait --- Have you ever experienced any inability to teleport to Lumbridge because the timer was not yet reset? Please reckon.

Finally, there are too many spells for the same function. Like slove and wilt. The higher levelled one may be intended as processive upgrades to old lower level counterparts, but this makes the spell book very clumsy.

Finally, I am not very optimistic about this suggestion. The number of spells simply exceeds the ancient and lunar spell books (even including Lunar Mentor). Again, the paying members will resist, and will resist hard, to anything like this. They will say "I worked for 2 years before I unlock all the spellbooks, now you give f2p a superior spellbook than what I had achieved with my 2 year efforts?"

BLOSSOM_KING.png

A new member; f2p for 4+ years

Seldom get online due to in real life business

Always support f2p improvements

If I say it is overpowered, compare it to other classes have got today. Effects like black out will make it extremely difficult for other classes to counterattack and vulnerable to sudden KO, and also enables it to escape when being attacked by rangers. Other spells which knocks one back by 9 squares also gives mages great advantage when chased by rangers or meleers. Finally, the increase in damage potential means mages are now equal to other classes when dealing damage. This makes meleers and rangers in an inferior position since they cannot pull out magick tricks.

Look, right now F2P magic < F2P melee. I can hit a 24 with my rune scimitar, but only 16 with fire blast. I can hit about 26 times a minute with my scimitar, but only 20 times with magic. I can hit a 30 with a rune 2h, and not be penalized afterwards when switching weapons, no need to reset my attack method with my scimitar.

If you think that this spellbook is overpowered because it will enable mages to beat meleers, then you have no concept of how "rock-paper-scissors" works like the combat triangle should.

One thing that I didn't post for each spell is the chance of failure on different levels of bonus. So a spell should splash on a ranger in full d-hide more than a meleer in full rune. Pushing a ranger back up to 9 spaces shouldn't matter because rangers can hit from a distance - during the time it takes to push the rager back, they'll have hit you 2-3 times. Not to mention that the likelihood of splashing is that much greater.

Finally, there are too many spells for the same function. Like slove and wilt. The higher levelled one may be intended as processive upgrades to old lower level counterparts, but this makes the spell book very clumsy.

Take a look at the normal spellbook, or the Ancients - they both have the exact same deal, pogressive upgrades to old lower level counterparts. If you think that's a bad thing, then I can't argue with you - just know that Jagex has already implemented a system like this.

Finally, I am not very optimistic about this suggestion. The number of spells simply exceeds the ancient and lunar spell books (even including Lunar Mentor). Again, the paying members will resist, and will resist hard, to anything like this. They will say "I worked for 2 years before I unlock all the spellbooks, now you give f2p a superior spellbook than what I had achieved with my 2 year efforts?"

Every spell given to F2P is given to P2P; and in addition P2P receives 30 spells of its own. It also isn't superior, its different. If this was implemented, Ancients would still be better for PKing, Normal would still have functions like high alch, etc.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

How many times to people in P2P PvP use Vulnerability, or other spells similar to it? I'm guessing never, because they're only using Ancients when in PvP. So Vulnerability is already obsolete, however I could imagine many F2pers using it in this spellbook.

You're correct about the unpopularity of vulnerability.

But even so, giving f2p (and p2p) a better spell compared to it, in terms of cost and casting level, is quite absurd and likely to draw critism from existing p2p players. It is similiar to what happens if Jagex suddenly decides that they open some higher level but lesser used features to f2p, say crafting chaos runes

Taking at least 100 death runes to finish the task does not imply you should get 100 death rune back afterwards. The DD doesn't give out any single rune. However, in DD, you need to burn a lots of runes to fight the bosses. Though you may argue that they give out more experience...

You attempt to make the spells more fair by limiting the number of casts in a fixed period. This may appear effective --- but wait --- Have you ever experienced any inability to teleport to Lumbridge because the timer was not yet reset? Please reckon.

Seriously can all these people who keep saying its overpowered READ THE POST MORE CAREFULLY?

There are measures put in by sees_all1 to prevent overpoweredness of some spells. On the surface, they might seem overpowered (e.g. apparate), but due to certain measures like time limits, rune costs, etc, they are balanced out.

As sees_all1 has ALREADY said, and even the list shows, many of the spells are P2P only.

Blackout just blackens the enemy's screen. If the enemy has already clicked "attack" on you, he will continue attacking you. Its not as if its freezing time or something. And the time you are wasting casting blackout on the opponent, he could have got past an obstacle and clicked "attack" on you, so regardless of whether he can see or not, he'll still chase/attack you.

Hi again.

Home Teleport ... 50 ..... none ............. F . Teleports you to Draynor.
There should be a normal teleport along with the home tele, like in all other spellbooks.

Rimmington Tele . 50 ..... 1 L, 3 A, 2 W .. F . Teleports you to Rimmington.
There's already a teleport spot in Rimmington. I wouldn't be too happy to see hordes of people at the Rimmington yew spot, either.

Thicken Skin .... 52 ..... 2 N, 2 M ........ F . Boosts or heals HP by 8 (does not stack),

..................................................minimum 10 minutes between casts.

Seems extremely pointless, especially if you need to bring mind runes just for that.

Primitive Shield 53 ..... 2 L, 2 Co, 2 E .. F . Cuts damage taken by 30% for 5 seconds.
It takes 3 seconds to cast this, right?

Impair .......... 54 ..... 1 Ch, 2 Bo, 2 A .. F . Decreases opponent's attack by 10%.
I'm not too fond of copying spells that already exist.

Remote Deposite . 55 ..... 1 L, 10 A ....... F . Deposit coins, bones, food or potions,

..................................................up to 5 slots, cannot use while under attack.

If you can bank raw food, I could see some uses for this. Otherwise pretty useless.

Push ............ 57 ..... 4 Bo, 4 A, 4 E .. F . Forces one opponent back up to 4 squares.
It takes 3 seconds to cast a spell. It takes less than a second to run 4 squares. Any point to use this? No.

Wilt ............ 58 ..... 1 Ch, 2 Bo, 2 W .. F . Decreases opponent's defense by 10%.
See "Impair".

Keldagrim Tele .. 59 ..... 2 L, 1 iron bar... P . Teleports you to Keldagrim. Requires the

..................................................quest The Giant Dwarf.

Instead of using items, the teleports should require the runes that are never used otherwise: mind, body(!), cosmic, soul.

Disport ......... 60 ..... 1 L, 2 Ch ....... F . Teleports you to a random spot up to 20

..................................................spaces away.

As I said in my earlier post, I don't see the point. Having to locate your opponent after casting this would pretty much defeat the purpose.

Rattle .......... 64 ..... 1 Ch, 2 Bo, 2 F .. F . Decreases opponent's strength by 10%.
See "Wilt".

Dump Load ....... 66 ..... 1 Co ............. F . Drops everything of a certain type (i.e. ore).
Instantly? All at once?

Hasten* ......... 70 ..... 2 D, 4 A, 4 W .. F . Time to cast combat spells decreases 10%,

..................................................lasts for 30 casts. Decreases accuracy 30%.

The 0.3 second speed boost really isn't worth the wasted attack turn.

Slay ............ 71 ..... 1 Bl, 10 A, 10 F . P . Hits slayer monsters hard, with high accuracy,

..................................................(up to 25). Requires black mask.

Shouldn't require the black mask, since it's a melee item.

Architect ....... 72 ..... 4 S, 4 As ....... P . Doubles experience of next 10 construction

..................................................builds. Can only be cast once per 20 minutes.

Making skills cheaper for no reason is not a good idea in my opinion.

Shove ........... 74 ..... 1 Ch, 4 Bo, 4 E .. F . Forces any player back up to 8 squares.
3 Seconds vs 8 squares. Still not worth it.

Freme. Isles Tele 75 ..... 2 L, 1 yakhide ... P . Teleports you to Fremennik Isles. Requires

..................................................Fremennike Isles quest to be done.

Which one of the islands?

Beckon .......... 77 ..... 2 S, 4 Ch ....... P . Makes all monsters aggressive for 10 minutes.
Afk ahoy!

Sharpen Axe ..... 79 ..... 4 Co, 10 F ....... P . Increases woodcutting speed by 20% for 10 min.

..................................................Only works on normal axes, not on Evil Tree.

..................................................Can only be used once every 30 minutes

There's already enough people complaining about skills getting easier all the time. This spell doesn't offer anything to the game.

U. Pass Tele .... 80 ....2 L, piece of sulfur P . Teleports you to the Underground Pass.
Useless. There's no real reason to go through the pass after completing Regicide.

Rage* ........... 81 ..... 5 Bl, 10 Ch 10 F . P . Pulse spells will not splash for 3 minutes,

..................................................min of 40% of max hit. Decreases own Def by

..................................................10%, Drains 25% of special bar.

Are you serious? 3 Minutes of constant hits between 9 and 22? 60 Casts with 100% accuracy?

Stun Fish ....... 82 ..... 4 S, 3 Co, 5 W .. P . Increases fishing speed by 20%, lasts 10 min.

..................................................Can only be used once every 30 minutes.

There's already enough people complaining about skills getting easier all the time. This spell doesn't offer anything to the game.

Master Chef ..... 83 ..... 5 S, 10 F, 4 M .. P . Decreases burn ratio by 20% for 10 minutes.

..................................................Can only be used once every 30 minutes.

Praise .......... 88 ..... 5 L, 10 A, 10 E . F . Recharges prayer by 25% or up to 15, whichever

..................................................is lower.

No. Herblore is useless enough already and F2P doesn't even need prayer restoration.

Blackout ........ 91 ..... 4 S, 4 D, 10 E . P . Causes opponent's screen to dim for 10 seconds

..................................................making it extremely difficult to see.

Do they keep attacking you? Do they autoretaliate if you begin the fight with this? Do their menus dim?

Hurricane* ...... 92 ..... 20 B, 100 A 100 W P . Decreases time to cast spells by 40%. Lasts for

..................................................20 casts. Decreases max hit by 20%. Uses 1/4

..................................................special bar.

As I said earlier, spells shouldn't require hundreds of runes. The air and water runes cost 2700 gp. Replace them with 10 death runes or something like that.

Sheath Other .... 97 ..... 4 N, 4 S ........ P . Boosts or Heals another's HP by 16 (can not stack)
No cooldown?

You're thinking too much for in-combat. You've never considered casting these spells as you are fleeing from battle or are about the enter it.

Examples:

Cast Hasten as you run from somebody

Cast a shield spell before you attack your opponent.

And there's no need to be so sarcastic :roll:

An important fix jagex needs to make is to MAKE SPELLS' effects only start applying when they hit the freaking opponent. i.e. You cast bind (takes 3 seconds). It hits the opponent, and AT THAT POINT OF IMPACT, the opponent gets binded to the ground for 5 seconds.

Completely agree :thumbsup: with you, Goblin Armour other than that it is a good spell book

btw sees_all1, theese are the reason im was just too lazy to right

His name is actually I1lll, and I seriously doubt you've read anything he's wrote. In fact, I doubt you've read all of the spells here, because you're too lazy to.

Read it before you post, otherwise I'm just going to ignore your opinion.

♪♪ And I'm not done

I have read the whole spell book and I have read everything he wrote I'm just a really lazy typer and your right, my spelling and grammar was horrible but I can use proper grammar and spell correctly if I want to by the way don't try to switch the topic.

Its not too bad of a spell book but is is overpowered and it repeats spell of other spell books. Also I don't think Jagex will let non-members have a members item that is not in use (have they done it with the Yew bows, Rune Arrows, Halberds [not Dragon though], and Claws [not Dragon, and for the Rune Halberds they could take the special attack away for non-members, I doubt it though]?) Getting Jagex to make this update will be as hard as butting through a brick wall.

===> :wall: impossible

The game haha you lose

• 2 weeks later...

This spellbook cannot even be taken seriously, the spellbook itself is riddled with grammatical and spelling errors,furthermore there are problems with the spellbook being too overpowered, for example dim, the spells also need more clarification on their effect,dim namely. Now, you also have taken spells from other spellbooks and just renamed them! Also, the spells meant to protect you from pjers would be so overpowered, it would make it unfair for the pjers who try to pk 26kers,whom are becoming a growing problem. Also, your spellbook just makes things ridiculously easy. I'm not gonna give evidence for it because this should be fairly obvious, I teleport to draynor and then cast "sharpen axe",which should be hatchet, woodcut for 10 minutes then teleport to karamja(Where on karamja? Who knows! You certainly don't mention a specific link to the pre-existing telespot,or even which telespot you would use!) then I go to shilo village and cast the spell that increases fishing "stun fish" fish for ten minutes, use a home teleport tab to get to edgeville then start to train construction, after the 10 builds are completed, I go back to draynor and wait 5 minutes and then just repeat the process. Thanks, but this seems slightly over-powered. Now, lets move on to another problem,experience. I think you mentioned experience four times in your whole orginal post. How much exp do these spells give? You decided to post something that is very difficult, I understand that a lot of work HAS been put into this,however, it is lacking in quite a few areas which are very vague.

This spell:

"Blaze ........... 63 ..... 2 Co, 10 F ....... F . Sets up to 9 logs on fire at once, 1/2 xp for

..................................................all, requires firemaking requirements for log.

..................................................Can only be cast in 2x2 areas where fires are

..................................................allowed."

Do you mean a 3x3 area? A 2x2 area is only four logs.

maulmachine4.png

Corporeal Drops:2xHoly elixers

Bandos Drops: Bcp(soloed) 5x hilts 8x tassets

Armadyl Drops:Armadyl Hilt(trio)

Zamorak Drops: 2xZamorakian spear 3x Steam battlestaff

also 9 lmagics evenn at half exp is still 1k fm per cast...

At a much higher cost... -.-

And you have to bank often and fight for limited space near banks.

This spellbook cannot even be taken seriously, the spellbook itself is riddled with grammatical and spelling errors,furthermore there are problems with the spellbook being too overpowered, for example dim, the spells also need more clarification on their effect,dim namely. Now, you also have taken spells from other spellbooks and just renamed them! Also, the spells meant to protect you from pjers would be so overpowered, it would make it unfair for the pjers who try to pk 26kers,whom are becoming a growing problem. Also, your spellbook just makes things ridiculously easy. I'm not gonna give evidence for it because this should be fairly obvious, I teleport to draynor and then cast "sharpen axe",which should be hatchet, woodcut for 10 minutes then teleport to karamja(Where on karamja? Who knows! You certainly don't mention a specific link to the pre-existing telespot,or even which telespot you would use!) then I go to shilo village and cast the spell that increases fishing "stun fish" fish for ten minutes, use a home teleport tab to get to edgeville then start to train construction, after the 10 builds are completed, I go back to draynor and wait 5 minutes and then just repeat the process. Thanks, but this seems slightly over-powered. Now, lets move on to another problem,experience. I think you mentioned experience four times in your whole orginal post. How much exp do these spells give? You decided to post something that is very difficult, I understand that a lot of work HAS been put into this,however, it is lacking in quite a few areas which are very vague.

This spell:

"Blaze ........... 63 ..... 2 Co, 10 F ....... F . Sets up to 9 logs on fire at once, 1/2 xp for

..................................................all, requires firemaking requirements for log.

..................................................Can only be cast in 2x2 areas where fires are

Why don't you try making a spellbook yourself?

And your own post has quite a bunch of spelling and grammatical errors.

"Gonna" is not a word. After a comma, you need a space. Same for brackets.

Not to be nitpicky, but I like this spellbook very much and clearly the creator has put in a lot of effort to make it.

This spell:

Not to be nitpicky, but I like this spellbook very much and clearly the creator has put in a lot of effort to make it.

My post probably did have quit a few grammatical errors, english is my second language. I reviewed my post and I used gonna once, and gonna is a common contraction for "going to", please do not waste my time for a phrase that you obviously know the meaning of. As for your post, you did nothing but flame me for critiquing him, which is contradictory of what the original poster's intentions were. "PLEASE - if you view this, comment on what you liked, what you don't like, what NEEDS to change because its overpowered, and any ideas you may have.", I wonder, which of us really read his whole post? I was merely pointing out which areas ARE overpowered. Also, since when does effort surpass actual achievement? I realize he has put in effort, but, guess what? I don't care. He asked us to correct and critique his spellbook, so just saying that he tried really doesn't mean you can overlook errors that need to be addressed.

maulmachine4.png

This spellbook cannot even be taken seriously, the spellbook itself is riddled with grammatical and spelling errors

Please - don't. Don't be a hypocrite. Unless you're going to use textbook perfect grammar, don't criticize others.

furthermore there are problems with the spellbook being too overpowered, for example dim, the spells also need more clarification on their effect,dim namely.

I was thinking about a good example for this, and I think the closest thing that Jagex has done already is like what happens with Romeo & Juliet if you drink the poison - everything goes black... and then you come to. Or if you take a screenshot, paste it into powerpoint, do a fade out, fade in. That's probably a good example.

Now, you also have taken spells from other spellbooks and just renamed them!

There are three spells I'm aware of, which do this - Impair, Wilt, and Rattle. I believe that those spells would do good for F2Pers, but Soul runes aren't F2P.

Also, the spells meant to protect you from pjers would be so overpowered, it would make it unfair for the pjers who try to pk 26kers,whom are becoming a growing problem.

I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to say, would you please rephrase this, and maybe give an example?

I teleport to draynor and then cast "sharpen axe",which should be hatchet, woodcut for 10 minutes then teleport to karamja(Where on karamja? Who knows! You certainly don't mention a specific link to the pre-existing telespot,or even which telespot you would use!) then I go to shilo village and cast the spell that increases fishing "stun fish" fish for ten minutes, use a home teleport tab to get to edgeville then start to train construction, after the 10 builds are completed, I go back to draynor and wait 5 minutes and then just repeat the process. Thanks, but this seems slightly over-powered.

This spellbook was posted Feb 21. The whole hatchet thing happened a few months after wards.

Anyhow, what you've described probably would not be more efficient than certain power-training methods available today. Every time you'd have to get different materials, different setups, etc.

As far as where the teleports go to, I don't know. I can tell you the karamja teleport will be somewhere in the F2P section of the island, as it is a F2P teleport.

Where the other ones go, I don't know, and I'm not going to crop out maps and put their locations down.

Now, lets move on to another problem,experience. I think you mentioned experience four times in your whole orginal post. How much exp do these spells give? You decided to post something that is very difficult, I understand that a lot of work HAS been put into this,however, it is lacking in quite a few areas which are very vague.

I deliberately left experience out. That is something where people can get too nit-picky about. Oh, that spells should give more exp, that one should give less... I don't support because that spell gives 10% more exp than it should. I think the description, the levels, and the runes should be enough.

This spell:

No. A bonfire is significantly bigger than a normal fire that you'd like, and it would last longer. Its much more condensed.

♪♪ And I'm not done

This spellbook cannot even be taken seriously, the spellbook itself is riddled with grammatical and spelling errors

Please - don't. Don't be a hypocrite. Unless you're going to use textbook perfect grammar, don't criticize others.You asked for criticism on the first page, that is an area which could use improving. If you don't want grammar criticized then say so in the first post

furthermore there are problems with the spellbook being too overpowered, for example dim, the spells also need more clarification on their effect,dim namely.

I was thinking about a good example for this, and I think the closest thing that Jagex has done already is like what happens with Romeo & Juliet if you drink the poison - everything goes black... and then you come to. Or if you take a screenshot, paste it into powerpoint, do a fade out, fade in. That's probably a good example.That will be too overpowered if you cannot eat, and I don't understand if you can eat or not.

Now, you also have taken spells from other spellbooks and just renamed them!

There are three spells I'm aware of, which do this - Impair, Wilt, and Rattle. I believe that those spells would do good for F2Pers, but Soul runes aren't F2P.I don't think it is likely that they will be made f2p,however, do to them being a members benefit that becomes useless with the new spells.

Also, the spells meant to protect you from pjers would be so overpowered, it would make it unfair for the pjers who try to pk 26kers,whom are becoming a growing problem.

I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to say, would you please rephrase this, and maybe give an example?Of course, I finish a fight that I won in pvp. I then cast super shield and put on protect from melee prayer, now lets say I try to use an ags special on you. Because these two bonuses stack multiplicatively(not sure if this is a word) now you take only 25% of the original hit.Pretty ahrd to kill you now,right? 15 seconds would be plenty of time to get your loot too.

I teleport to draynor and then cast "sharpen axe",which should be hatchet, woodcut for 10 minutes then teleport to karamja(Where on karamja? Who knows! You certainly don't mention a specific link to the pre-existing telespot,or even which telespot you would use!) then I go to shilo village and cast the spell that increases fishing "stun fish" fish for ten minutes, use a home teleport tab to get to edgeville then start to train construction, after the 10 builds are completed, I go back to draynor and wait 5 minutes and then just repeat the process. Thanks, but this seems slightly over-powered.

This spellbook was posted Feb 21. The whole hatchet thing happened a few months after wards.

Anyhow, what you've described probably would not be more efficient than certain power-training methods available today. Every time you'd have to get different materials, different setups, etc.

As far as where the teleports go to, I don't know. I can tell you the karamja teleport will be somewhere in the F2P section of the island, as it is a F2P teleport.

Where the other ones go, I don't know, and I'm not going to crop out maps and put their locations down. The methods I suggest would not be inefficient at all, since the only armour needed would be lumberjack for woodcutting,and only the equipment needs to be slightly modified, taking an extra minute.Why not just indicate if it would go to the telespots that are already there? And again since this area is vague it weakens the suggestion.

Now, lets move on to another problem,experience. I think you mentioned experience four times in your whole orginal post. How much exp do these spells give? You decided to post something that is very difficult, I understand that a lot of work HAS been put into this,however, it is lacking in quite a few areas which are very vague.

I deliberately left experience out. That is something where people can get too nit-picky about. Oh, that spells should give more exp, that one should give less... I don't support because that spell gives 10% more exp than it should. I think the description, the levels, and the runes should be enough.Regardless, magic xp is needed to know if any of the spells will be viable training options,by leaving that part out it really weakens the suggestion as a whole.

This spell:

No. A bonfire is significantly bigger than a normal fire that you'd like, and it would last longer. Its much more condensed.So you also want there to be a firemaking update and a new graphical effect for fires? And since the ge would be the most popular areas it would create MORE lag.

Comments are in bold.

maulmachine4.png

That will be too overpowered if you cannot eat, and I don't understand if you can eat or not.

Yes, you can eat. It will be more difficult, but yes you can eat.

I don't think it is likely that they will be made f2p,however, do to them being a members benefit that becomes useless with the new spells.

This is a bogus argument. These spells are NEVER EVER used in P2P. Its also in the normal spellbook - the only thing keeping it P2P are the runes.

Of course, I finish a fight that I won in pvp. I then cast super shield and put on protect from melee prayer, now lets say I try to use an ags special on you. Because these two bonuses stack multiplicatively(not sure if this is a word) now you take only 25% of the original hit.Pretty ahrd to kill you now,right? 15 seconds would be plenty of time to get your loot too.

I still don't understand what you're trying to say.

Correct me if I'm wrong:

Player A gets a kill in pvp.

Player A casts super shield, and puts on protect from melee.

Player A uses AGS special on Player B.

Because of some weird bonus thingy, Player B gets hit 25% of what he would have normally.

Player A isn't dead, Player B isn't dead, and Player A still has 15 seconds to grab his loot.

I don't understand what the problem is.

The methods I suggest would not be inefficient at all, since the only armour needed would be lumberjack for woodcutting,and only the equipment needs to be slightly modified, taking an extra minute.Why not just indicate if it would go to the telespots that are already there? And again since this area is vague it weakens the suggestion.

Once again, I feel that's something Jagex should/would/will decide. I don't really care where they are, so long as its the general area.

Regardless, magic xp is needed to know if any of the spells will be viable training options,by leaving that part out it really weakens the suggestion as a whole.

These spells were meant to be useful. What you're suggesting is that they should make training magic easy. I don't think that's useful.

So you also want there to be a firemaking update and a new graphical effect for fires? And since the ge would be the most popular areas it would create MORE lag.

Or less. The GE could be put off limits. There's only so many bonfires that can be made, in fact for every bonfire, that's 4 individual fires that can't be made. What causes more lag, one big animation, or four small, independent animations?

♪♪ And I'm not done

This spell:

My post probably did have quit a few grammatical errors, english is my second language. I reviewed my post and I used gonna once, and gonna is a common contraction for "going to", please do not waste my time for a phrase that you obviously know the meaning of. As for your post, you did nothing but flame me for critiquing him, which is contradictory of what the original poster's intentions were. "PLEASE - if you view this, comment on what you liked, what you don't like, what NEEDS to change because its overpowered, and any ideas you may have.", I wonder, which of us really read his whole post? I was merely pointing out which areas ARE overpowered. Also, since when does effort surpass actual achievement? I realize he has put in effort, but, guess what? I don't care. He asked us to correct and critique his spellbook, so just saying that he tried really doesn't mean you can overlook errors that need to be addressed.

Hypocrisy is really widespread around here. :?

That will be too overpowered if you cannot eat, and I don't understand if you can eat or not.

Yes, you can eat. It will be more difficult, but yes you can eat.Ok, now this is just an overpowered spell. Maybe if it turned your light settings to those of a cave,then it might be alright.

I don't think it is likely that they will be made f2p,however, do to them being a members benefit that becomes useless with the new spells.

This is a bogus argument. These spells are NEVER EVER used in P2P. Its also in the normal spellbook - the only thing keeping it P2P are the runes.It doesn't matter, the point is that this is a MEMBERS SPELL a better idea would just to make the original spells in the f2p spellbook use deaths instead of soul runes.

Of course, I finish a fight that I won in pvp. I then cast super shield and put on protect from melee prayer, now lets say I try to use an ags special on you. Because these two bonuses stack multiplicatively(not sure if this is a word) now you take only 25% of the original hit.Pretty ahrd to kill you now,right? 15 seconds would be plenty of time to get your loot too.

I still don't understand what you're trying to say.

Correct me if I'm wrong:

Player A gets a kill in pvp.

Player A uses AGS special on Player B.

Because of some weird bonus thingy, Player B gets hit 25% of what he would have normally.

Player A isn't dead, Player B isn't dead, and Player A still has 15 seconds to grab his loot.

I don't understand what the problem is.

Player A gets a kill un pvp.

Player B decides to pj Player A and uses an ags special on him.

Player A's bonuses stack multiplicatively and he takes very little damage, I was actually wrong, he only takes 12.5% oof the original damage.80 turns into 10.

The methods I suggest would not be inefficient at all, since the only armour needed would be lumberjack for woodcutting,and only the equipment needs to be slightly modified, taking an extra minute.Why not just indicate if it would go to the telespots that are already there? And again since this area is vague it weakens the suggestion.

Once again, I feel that's something Jagex should/would/will decide. I don't really care where they are, so long as its the general area.You did not address the skilling problem.

Regardless, magic xp is needed to know if any of the spells will be viable training options,by leaving that part out it really weakens the suggestion as a whole.

These spells were meant to be useful. What you're suggesting is that they should make training magic easy. I don't think that's useful.Huh? Lunars was a spellbook that was designed to be useful and it has viable training options within it, just because something is useful, doesn't mean its bad for training.

So you also want there to be a firemaking update and a new graphical effect for fires? And since the ge would be the most popular areas it would create MORE lag.

Or less. The GE could be put off limits. There's only so many bonfires that can be made, in fact for every bonfire, that's 4 individual fires that can't be made. What causes more lag, one big animation, or four small, independent animations?Several large animations all throughout the ge would cause more lag,and now you want the ge to be off limits to firemakers?

Comments are in bold.Quelmotz, I don't really know why I am a hypocrite, considering I was critiquing when I was asked to critique.

maulmachine4.png

10 Million coins for a set of robes? No way...

Make Arcane to 3Mil tops, Contemporary to 1Mil, and Whatever the first robe set was to 500k. No need to make them so expensive... Hell, even 3 Million coins for Arcane is to much... Let alone ten million.

whatcolor_isblue.jpg

10 Million coins for a set of robes? No way...

Make Arcane to 3Mil tops, Contemporary to 1Mil, and Whatever the first robe set was to 500k. No need to make them so expensive... Hell, even 3 Million coins for Arcane is to much... Let alone ten million.

Agreed. The prices are kind of too high IMO.

And they're for f2p if I'm not wrong. 3 Million coins takes at least a year to earn for an f2p player who doesn't play 24/7.

If they're not for f2p, I think its acceptable, but 10M is a bit off limits for a NPC shop... :roll:

This spell:

8.5k for 1k firemaking exp. Not too bad in my opinion...

Maulmachine wrote:

This is a bogus argument. These spells are NEVER EVER used in P2P. Its also in the normal spellbook - the only thing keeping it P2P are the runes.

Again, I don't think Jagex will let non-members have a members item that is not in use.

Examples

[hide=]Yew bows, Rune Arrows, Halberds [not Dragon though], and Claws (not Dragon, and for the Rune Claws they could take the special attack away for non-members, I doubt it though)[/hide]

The game haha you lose