Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Hugger_88

I get a free xbox game from Bestbuy, what should I get? I'm looking at Fallout 3 GOTY, BFBC2, or Dragon Age. Never played any of them, or any demos. Which one is the best? You can suggest other ones too, I already have Forza 3, MW2, Borderlands, and some others...

Mass Effect 2 if you don't have it. If you do then get Fallout 3.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get a free xbox game from Bestbuy, what should I get? I'm looking at Fallout 3 GOTY, BFBC2, or Dragon Age. Never played any of them, or any demos. Which one is the best? You can suggest other ones too, I already have Forza 3, MW2, Borderlands, and some others...

Wrong thread. :P

skyrim_by_katri_n-d3hewko.png

EDIT: And if Im not mistaken, didnt you AUTO 99 Mining? Now thats lazy. Just for the cool looking cape. Just the "oh look at me! I have the 99 mining cape that I wouldnt have gotten otherwise because I suck at this game and Im too lazy to play for it so Im just gonna auto for it!"

no. good try though kid. get your facts straight next time. really, it was a nice try. but no. good fight.

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

Love the nerdrage over the last two pages. But seriously this is turning into the new World at War thread, with xxxgod assuming the role of RayOxide and smashing up his keyboard after every post.

lmao FAL overpowered? and btw, its 3 shot kill, not 2. good try though. and how many people can get off 3 shots before one [bleep] with an ACR unloads 1/3 of a clip into them? not many. semi-auto balances it out so much, you have no idea. and theres recoil. plenty of it.

Its a 2 shot kill up to medium range without stopping power. You must be pretty bad with the gun not to manage 2 shot kills. If theres lag involved then fair enough, but the semi auto means nothing when your aiming down the sights, it only means you can't hipfire. With Holographic sight and stopping power the gun kills in 2 shots at any range, even across [bleep]ing Derail. I was using it with Hardline and RDS for the thousand or so kills I have with it and I was still able to get 2 shot kills down the corridor on Terminal. Its pretty much the G3 of this game with a slight power boost, with the G3 you needed stopping power for 2 hit kills. Un magnified the recoil is non existant, the only thing to me is that the iron sights are awful whilst they were manageable on the G3.

So yeah its not necessarily overpowered but its not worse than any other assault rifle. Assault rifles seem too good on this game, its the maps realy I think, heres hoping the DLC includes some small maps for the SMGs.

Mass Effect 2 if you don't have it. If you do then get Fallout 3.

I've never played Mass Effect 1, so I would probly want to do that first. I'm leaning towards Fallout 3 though.

And, I know it's not the right thread, but more people look here, and this is like the only post I post on in the forums for the most part.

2s0cxth.png

Love the nerdrage over the last two pages. But seriously this is turning into the new World at War thread, with xxxgod assuming the role of RayOxide and smashing up his keyboard after every post.

lmao FAL overpowered? and btw, its 3 shot kill, not 2. good try though. and how many people can get off 3 shots before one [bleep] with an ACR unloads 1/3 of a clip into them? not many. semi-auto balances it out so much, you have no idea. and theres recoil. plenty of it.

Its a 2 shot kill up to medium range without stopping power. You must be pretty bad with the gun not to manage 2 shot kills. If theres lag involved then fair enough, but the semi auto means nothing when your aiming down the sights, it only means you can't hipfire. With Holographic sight and stopping power the gun kills in 2 shots at any range, even across [bleep]ing Derail. I was using it with Hardline and RDS for the thousand or so kills I have with it and I was still able to get 2 shot kills down the corridor on Terminal. Its pretty much the G3 of this game with a slight power boost, with the G3 you needed stopping power for 2 hit kills. Un magnified the recoil is non existant, the only thing to me is that the iron sights are awful whilst they were manageable on the G3.

So yeah its not necessarily overpowered but its not worse than any other assault rifle. Assault rifles seem too good on this game, its the maps realy I think, heres hoping the DLC includes some small maps for the SMGs.

ehh but a quick follow up shot longrange in Core is tough to manage

and I heard they're bringing back crash and overgrown. best 2 maps tbh (though crossfire was also very good). should also bring back m40a3. best nip out of both games hands down

modmarkl.jpg

Lol I just stole 2 sentry guns and a chopper gunner from this guy on my team who was using emergency airdrop and kept dying after calling it in. For some reason he went for a precision airstrike or something over the chopper gunner, died, and then I took it.

Lol I just stole 2 sentry guns and a chopper gunner from this guy on my team who was using emergency airdrop and kept dying after calling it in. For some reason he went for a precision airstrike or something over the chopper gunner, died, and then I took it.

Pff, that's kinda lame. Did you wait before taking them?

He died before I took them. But if you're gonna use crap like care packages and airdrops then expect them to be stolen. You do get a boatload of xp though.

What is stupid though is when you call in a care package or a sentry gun, and a guy stands next to you the whole time and then tries to take the package when it lands. I mean you just saw me call it in and I can pick it up in like 1 second where as it takes you 5. Dumb.

He died before I took them. But if you're gonna use crap like care packages and airdrops then expect them to be stolen. You do get a boatload of xp though.

What is stupid though is when you call in a care package or a sentry gun, and a guy stands next to you the whole time and then tries to take the package when it lands. I mean you just saw me call it in and I can pick it up in like 1 second where as it takes you 5. Dumb.

It's dumb other people can even pick them up in general.

Im not really having nerd rage, I just dont like getting called out because of my rank.

Anyways, the FAL is balanced out just right. In a real-life situation, only 2-3 shots will drop you dead about 8/10 times.

and plus, I dont know why they nerfed the models at first? They were aiming for the most realistic game. The typical shotgun irl has an effective kill radius of about 45-50m. After that, the pellets have spread to far apart, the ones that do hit you are going to sting like a mofo, and probably break the skin. On MW2, Im lucky to shotgun someone with an M1014 at like, 10 feet.

Untitled_zpsrs1nv3dr.pnginstabadge_zps761d5351.png

- 60,023rd to 99 Firemaking on April 29th, 2012 -- 15,152nd to 99 agility on August 21st, 2011 -
- 30,569th to 99 Prayer on June 26th, 2011 -- 22,646th to 99 Hunter on Jan 9th, 2011 -
1993 Miata; sold - 2001 E46 330i; "totaled" - 2001 E46 325iT; Bags and wheels ;)

I think it's supposed to encourage team play (Hey, you, toss me that care package marker! I'm out of ammo!) which is the dumbest thing ever because nobody cooperates in Call of Duty games.

actually, towards the end of my airdrop III run (like when i hit 800), i had most of the killstreak emblems (like pavelow, harrier, precision airstrike, sentry, care package, etc.. pretty much everything except chopper gunner, emp, nuke, and AC130), so i basically said "here, im calling in a care package/sentry gun/emergency drop, take what you want, i dont need it". so i helped them that way.

i did play a game on quarry, a kid called in his carepackage by the parking lot (TF141 spawn) and i called in my sentry and carepackage from the window of warehouse 14 overlooking the parkinglot (next to the ladder to the catwalks). he got a sentry gun from his and i got a chopper gunner, and the kid was so nice and said "thats your chopper gunner, come take it fast, the other team is coming." he didnt steal it or nothing. he pretty much guarded it with the 2 sentry guns he picked up (he took mine, i didnt need it) for me.

point is, there are a number of decent, cooperative players online. not many, but it makes the game so much better when youre on a team with one.

and plus, I dont know why they nerfed the models at first? They were aiming for the most realistic game. The typical shotgun irl has an effective kill radius of about 45-50m. After that, the pellets have spread to far apart, the ones that do hit you are going to sting like a mofo, and probably break the skin. On MW2, Im lucky to shotgun someone with an M1014 at like, 10 feet.

apparently, with the masterkey shotgun attachment for assault rifles you can kill someone from your spawn on derail to the other side of the map. ill have to try this out.

modmarkl.jpg

EMP isnt really that good....not worth a 15 KS anyways.

modmarkl.jpg

I think it's supposed to encourage team play (Hey, you, toss me that care package marker! I'm out of ammo!) which is the dumbest thing ever because nobody cooperates in Call of Duty games.

Lmfao, dumbest excuse I ever heard, who care about your teammates unless your playing with friends. <_<

I'd also love to know their excuse for not allowing party chat in some game modes.

Pave Low is glitched so that it doesn't add to your killstreak properly, so maybe Harrier-Stealth Bomber-EMP?

Easy to overcome, once you call it in, you need to get one kill yourself before the Pavelow makes any kills, then it will work as it should.

The Pavelow worked for me fine when I was defending the office on Skidrow a few pages back. Got me my AC-130, and more.

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

Lmfao, dumbest excuse I ever heard, who care about your teammates unless your playing with friends. <_<

I'd also love to know their excuse for not allowing party chat in some game modes.

12 year olds were butthurt about there being too many "clans" (Call of Duty clan: a group of friends who are above average at the game) and to fix the problem IW made it to where they couldn't talk amongst themselves.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

12 year olds were butthurt about there being too many "clans" (Call of Duty clan: a group of friends who are above average at the game) and to fix the problem IW made it to where they couldn't talk amongst themselves.

That's ridiculous as they can still play together, why do it? I don't want to hear little kids crying or fanboys screaming because they got a noscope from a foot away. It's annoying having to mute everybody every single game.

Eh, on XBox if you're playing with just one friend you can always just join a private chat. Or play Ground War.

Anyway, after getting the game the day it came out, having to send my XBox to Microsoft for repairs, and having to go to GameStop to replace my game (twice...) I finally reached rank 70 yesterday. I definitely like the AK-47. Too bad it sways so much though.

Roses are red,

Violets are blue.

This line doesn't rhyme,

And neither does this one.

Eh, on XBox if you're playing with just one friend you can always just join a private chat. Or play Ground War.

Anyway, after getting the game the day it came out, having to send my XBox to Microsoft for repairs, and having to go to GameStop to replace my game (twice...) I finally reached rank 70 yesterday. I definitely like the AK-47. Too bad it sways so much though.

I do play Ground War, and I do go in private chat, but the problem is when you're with other friends who aren't playing with you or if you're in a group.