Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Hugger_88

I can see why they took party chat out of S&D. On cod4 we would always call out where we died from, which is a big advantage on HC S&D. Taking it out of other game modes was pointless, I just don't use my headset when I'm not with friends, theres only so many you can crush American kids with vicious putdowns after they call you a "British [bleep]".

For the map pack I'm pretty sure theres been nothing official, but its gonna be soon, they said spring and the xbox is getting it 30 days early. But I bet they'll anounce it like 3 days before its out, they never give much away before launch. Of course they [bleep]ed that up with MW2 with all the pre release crap.

EDIT: Actually just found this on that guy's Twitter page: "...annnd we JUST hit 25 MILLION unique players on Modern Warfare 2. Insanity! Also, got a lot of #MW2 DLC details coming this week! FINALLY!"

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol ^

When's the map pack actually coming, is it official anyone?

21st March is what it seems to be.

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

I can see why they took party chat out of S&D. On cod4 we would always call out where we died from, which is a big advantage on HC S&D. Taking it out of other game modes was pointless, I just don't use my headset when I'm not with friends, theres only so many you can crush American kids with vicious putdowns after they call you a "British [bleep]".

For the map pack I'm pretty sure theres been nothing official, but its gonna be soon, they said spring and the xbox is getting it 30 days early. But I bet they'll anounce it like 3 days before its out, they never give much away before launch. Of course they [bleep]ed that up with MW2 with all the pre release crap.

EDIT: Actually just found this on that guy's Twitter page: "...annnd we JUST hit 25 MILLION unique players on Modern Warfare 2. Insanity! Also, got a lot of #MW2 DLC details coming this week! FINALLY!"

Yeah but that's still pointless because they didn't stop private chat. And yeah I agree with your American kids comment, I just tell them i'm English, not British, they have no clue what to say.

skyrim_by_katri_n-d3hewko.png

Found this and it looks legit. Activison have started trying to take it down.

http://www.thetechgame.com/News/file=article/sid=619.html

Crash and Overgrown back plus 3 new maps which look pretty nice.

All in one pack called the "stimulus pack".

Gotta say ti looks a hell of a lot better than the cod4 map pack. Creek was crap, Killhouse you could only play in I think FFA, Chinatown had a lot of annoying spam from the mounted guns. At least broadcast rocked.

Is it worth getting this for PC? I've heard very mixed things...

Asked a few pages back, don't think anyone ever answered...is this game as good for pc as it is for xbox?

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Is it worth getting this for PC? I've heard very mixed things...

Asked a few pages back, don't think anyone ever answered...is this game as good for pc as it is for xbox?

Yes.

Apart from the occasional Wall hackers/Aim botters/Glitchers, They seem rare for me though.

starscapeyp6.jpg

Deviant Art Account

2 Signatures | 6 Photographs | 1 Other

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHHBK6PGN8M

Watch it. One of the best machinimas I have ever seen.

So don't let anyone tell you you're not worth the earth,

These streets are your streets, this turf is your turf,

Don't let anyone tell you that you've got to give in,

Cos you can make a difference, you can change everything,

Just let your dreams be your pilot, your imagination your fuel,

Tear up the book and write your own damn rules,

Use all that heart, hope and soul that you've got,

And the love and the rage that you feel in your gut,

And realise that the other world that you're always looking for,

Lies right here in front of us, just outside this door,

And it's up to you to go out there and paint the canvas,

After all, you were put on the earth to do this,

So shine your light so bright that all can see,

Take pride in being whoever the [bleep] you want to be.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHHBK6PGN8M

Watch it. One of the best machinimas I have ever seen.

i agree.

made on PC, no doubt. you can't do a free roam camera without activating some sort of developer console, something not able to be done on an XBOX or PS3. you can do it on a PC. very very nice. the maker of this could essentially make a Modern Warfare movie (take cod4 and add mw2).

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

Why does everyone use the Intervention and not the WA2000 (or whatever it is, haven't played in like 3 weeks)

Finally on here to update that I have officially quit! It's been fun.
[hide=Signature]
Gandalf14141.png
R.I.P Billy Mays and <3 My Friend C.D.S 7/8/09 <3
60,816th to 99 Fletching 03/07/09|220,309th Person to be Able to Kill Dusties 10 Year Cape on 12/20/14[/hide]

grammar2gr8dx.png

I <3 Domination. The only game type I play now. Still like the FAMAS.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Why does everyone use the Intervention and not the WA2000 (or whatever it is, haven't played in like 3 weeks)

6 round clip is atrocious for a semi auto, and if you miss your first shot, the shot delay makes it hard to follow up with a 2nd one before the target finds cover.

WA2K is total bull [cabbage] tbh. if you put silencer on and not stopping power, it's still a 1hit kill chest and up. no other nip does that. ridiculous. at least make it like all the others

modmarkl.jpg

6 round clip is atrocious for a semi auto, and if you miss your first shot, the shot delay makes it hard to follow up with a 2nd one before the target finds cover.

WA2K is total bull [cabbage] tbh. if you put silencer on and not stopping power, it's still a 1hit kill chest and up. no other nip does that. ridiculous. at least make it like all the others

It still needs 2 hits without stopping power. Its the Dragonuv of this game so it's not great.

30th March? I'd better buy some MSP. If its really got 5 new maps in it might cost more than 800 points.

[hide=99s]47,297th to 99 Attack, 12/10/08
47,898th to 99 Hitpoints, 3/29/09
78,286th to 99 Strength, 4/5/09
36,125th to 99 Range, 6/7/09, 12:30 in the morning.
70,280th to 99 Defence, 4/16/10
67,781st to 99 Magic, 8/13/10
Somethingth to 99 Slayer on some day during the Summer (I forgot to write it down)
169,099th to 99 Cooking , 4/9/11
Idk what to 99 fm at some point
Idk what to 99 prayer on 1/28/2012

?? 99 thieving 12/30/2015

?? 99 herblore 1/2/2016, ?? 99 dungeoneering 9/5/2016[/hide]

s2k10n.png

Even if it's a dumb story, telling it changes other people just the slightest little bit, just as living the story changes me. An infinitesimal change. And that infinitesimal change ripples outward-ever smaller but everlasting. I will get forgotten, but the stories will last. And so we all matter-maybe less than a lot, but always more than none.

-John Green (An Abundance of Katherines)

It still needs 2 hits without stopping power. Its the Dragonuv of this game so it's not great.

actually it doesnt. try it out in a private match. its ridiculously overpowered. throw on cold blooded and a silencer, aim for head/chest area from a good distance away. if you wanna do a real test, do it with all 4 sniper rifles, silencer and unsilenced, all with cold blooded.

modmarkl.jpg

Not even a headshot from a silenced sniper without stopping power can kill in one hit. That would be completely unbalanced, almost to the level of the FAIL. If the WA2000 could 1HK with a silencer and cold blooded from the neck up people would probably have raged over it like they did with the 1887s. I used it for like 500 kills getting the mastery on it and I don't like it much at all, the only good thing about it is that you can use hardline or cold blooded.

Some guy just asked on the IW twitter if the pack was called the stimulus package, and the guy said yes. So that video with crash and overgrown on is looking legit.

Yeah, plus I doubt they would've took it down if it was fake.

skyrim_by_katri_n-d3hewko.png