Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Hugger_88

The map pack is gonna be 1200 points. Be ready to pay up.

I for one will not support Activision. Five maps for 1200 points is a huge ripoff. I'm done with CoD, I think I'll only play it if I have friends on, otherwise I'll stay with Bad Company 2.

This is why I love PC gaming, the maps will be released to us as an update, free of charge. Although, knowing that Activision are such [bleep]tards, they're bound to try something....

You will pay the 15$ for the PC mw2 maps too. There was a reason for no dedicated servers you know.

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still kinda bad at this, so try not to explain this in too much detail to me. :)

I've been playing a while now, and would like some help on my classes.

RPD Foregrip

SPAS-12 (or G18?)

Perks:

Scavenger Pro

Stopping Power Pro

Commando Pro

Killstreaks:

UAV

Counter-UAV

Predator Missile (Actually too lazy to change this atm.)

I have a class similar to this, except I use slight of hand instead of scavenger. You can always pick up another weapon if you run out of ammo, but a slow reload has gotten me killed a lot of times.

I believe that Activision is planning on 3 map packs. Just think, each one is likey to be $15, so you'll probably pay $45 more if you want all of the new content.

:thumbdown:

As much as i enjoy Cod, 1200 points for some new maps, with two i've played hundreds of times before is a complete rip. Gonna stick with BC2 for now definately.

It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction

I'm still kinda bad at this, so try not to explain this in too much detail to me. :)

I've been playing a while now, and would like some help on my classes.

RPD Foregrip

SPAS-12 (or G18?)

Perks:

Scavenger Pro

Stopping Power Pro

Commando Pro

Killstreaks:

UAV

Counter-UAV

Predator Missile (Actually too lazy to change this atm.)

Barrett 50 (I want thermal)

G18 (no attachment, have up to silencer as of now)

Perks:

Same as above.

Killsteaks:

UAV

Counter-UAV

Airstrike?

Please don't go like "OMG these are nub classes" because I am, in fact, a nub. :sad:

Oh please don't use thermal. Thermal gives you a disadvantage. For one, you have to limit yourself to tunnel vision every time you want to use it, unlike non-thermal snipers where you can just spot enemies from your hip. This gives thermal users a disadvantage as they cannot cover the entire area, giving another sniper or even an AR user a chance to take them out. Real snipers spot the enemy first, then aim. Thermal users aim, then spot the enemy. Two: When aiming down your scope in thermal, it is harder to see cold blooded enemies. In non thermal scopes it would be easy to see any enemy, cold-blooded or not.

And this is to all thermal users out there: Why do you need help aiming? Isn't it easy enough just to stay in one spot, look over the battlefield, and then zoom in when you see enemy movement? All thermal does is highlight the enemy, whereas in a normal sniper you can spot enemies plain as day, without any help of that white silhouette.

If you're a first time sniper though, I would suggest thermal. It helps as a step toward normal scope. Once you get used to taking down enemies without missing then its time to take off that thermal. But for the love of god don't get addicted to that awful attachment.

You want a useful attachment use an HBS. No one can sneak up on you. (except for those damn ninjas)

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

The map pack is gonna be 1200 points. Be ready to pay up.

I for one will not support Activision. Five maps for 1200 points is a huge ripoff. I'm done with CoD, I think I'll only play it if I have friends on, otherwise I'll stay with Bad Company 2.

This is why I love PC gaming, the maps will be released to us as an update, free of charge. Although, knowing that Activision are such [bleep]tards, they're bound to try something....

You will pay the 15$ for the PC mw2 maps too. There was a reason for no dedicated servers you know.

[bleep]S! I will now cry in this corner with my Mini Uzi rapid fire. Too much lag.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

I know I will probably buy the map pack eventually but I still think its a rip and if activision makes it a requirement to buy the maps, I'll probably move on and pick up a new game.

In cod4 there was no requirement, as the maps did not come up in rotation if you didn't have the pack. In WaW I've been told they did and you got kicked out of the game if you didn't have them, which is [cabbage].

I had a pretty epic kill today.

So I was on terminal domination and was on the high platform area with the propane tank that overlooks the B and C flags. The enemy is rushing C like crazy, so I'm sniping them out, racking up some kills. Then all of a sudden this enemy manages to place himself in a corner, goes prone and starts shooting me. My screen turns red, and I'm about a quarter of a second away from death, when out of the blue one of my teammates who was on the platform with me jumps toward the guy shooting me, taking the bullets and saving my life. The bullets that were intended to kill me end up killing my teammate in mid-air. I blindfire shoot through my teammate's dead body while the corpse is still in mid air and get a headshot on the sucker in the corner. I can just imagine that enemy watching that killcam, and going WTF?? That made me laugh a little inside.

I kind of feel sorry that my teammate sacrificed his life to save me. What a brave soldier. This post is dedicated to you, man!

we like to believe people are that kind hearted. who knows, maybe that guy was. rarely ever happens that way. but if he did try to save you, then here's to him!

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

And this is to all thermal users out there: Why do you need help aiming? Isn't it easy enough just to stay in one spot, look over the battlefield, and then zoom in when you see enemy movement? All thermal does is highlight the enemy, whereas in a normal sniper you can spot enemies plain as day, without any help of that white silhouette.

Seriously, sitting back camping and hardscoping is just as bad as using thermal.

skyrim_by_katri_n-d3hewko.png

Saying take off thermal and then recommending a heartbeat sensor is just trading one cheap attachment for another.

Anyone calls anything they get killed with cheap. To be honest I've stopped listening to those people who call my attachments, killstreaks, gun, ...whatever cheap. Fact is there is a counter to EVERYTHING in the game. People are just too stubborn to use counters. If its in the game, and it gives me the advantage, well hell I'm going to use it. You just aren't a very good gamer if you purposely ignore the good things in the game.

And by the way I don't camp. I take a shot, and move positions. If I stayed in one place enemies would most certainly kill me because every time I fire there's a big red dot on all their maps.

PS: Underpass is nice for thermal but snipers get flanked A LOT in that map, so I tend to avoid sniping in general on that map.

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

Thermals do get annoying sometimes, but they're also very useful. For example, in places with a lot of cover or places with very hard-to-see areas (think Wasteland or Underpass), Thermal scopes can be extremely useful. I do prefer hardscoping, but I also use Thermal if I want to switch it up a bit or if the stage permits it. People also say that if you have Thermal, then you have to constantly look through your scope to check for people... this is untrue. You still pan out and look for movement, but Thermal helps you exactly where they are. The one peeve that I have with the Thermal scope is that it is extremely hard to see people if they have Cold-Blooded (the reason why I prefer hardscoping).

Also, I heart my Barret .50cal. ^_^

So, basically Earthysun is Jesus's only son.

earthysig3.jpg

earthynorris.jpg

awwwwuo6.jpg

wootsiggiedagainhw5.jpg

algftw.jpg

Thermals do get annoying sometimes, but they're also very useful. For example, in places with a lot of cover or places with very hard-to-see areas (think Wasteland or Underpass), Thermal scopes can be extremely useful. I do prefer hardscoping, but I also use Thermal if I want to switch it up a bit or if the stage permits it. People also say that if you have Thermal, then you have to constantly look through your scope to check for people... this is untrue. You still pan out and look for movement, but Thermal helps you exactly where they are. The one peeve that I have with the Thermal scope is that it is extremely hard to see people if they have Cold-Blooded (the reason why I prefer hardscoping).

Also, I heart my Barret .50cal. ^_^

If you think hardscoping means using a regscope, you're an idiot.

skyrim_by_katri_n-d3hewko.png

Anyone calls anything they get killed with cheap. To be honest I've stopped listening to those people who call my attachments, killstreaks, gun, ...whatever cheap. Fact is there is a counter to EVERYTHING in the game. People are just too stubborn to use counters. If its in the game, and it gives me the advantage, well hell I'm going to use it. You just aren't a very good gamer if you purposely ignore the good things in the game.

But is a counter really a counter if there is a counter for said counter?

It really depends on what game mode you play. ANY gun will kill you with a few hits in hardcore. It doesn't matter the damage of the gun, whether you have SP, or FMJ. On normal games however, things are different. That extra bullet can change many things. It's just that people don't like to die, and when they do, they decide to maek excuses and get angry at something. That something just happens to be the gun, or their connection, or your mother, whatever. It's going to happen, it has happened, and always will happen. Just have to get used to it.

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

It really depends on what game mode you play. ANY gun will kill you with a few hits in hardcore. It doesn't matter the damage of the gun, whether you have SP, or FMJ. On normal games however, things are different. That extra bullet can change many things. It's just that people don't like to die, and when they do, they decide to maek excuses and get angry at something. That something just happens to be the gun, or their connection, or your mother, whatever. It's going to happen, it has happened, and always will happen. Just have to get used to it.

when i die by 'normal' means (like i saw the guy first but my UMP isnt accurate enough at long range so he killed me with his SCAR-H or i was just sitting around and then some dude knifes me or a perfectly sauteed gernade falls right next to me and i dont have time to move), i dont care. but when i watch killcam and it's like some [bleep] whos too scared to run because his precious HBS wont be visible or an ACR [bleep] is sitting there ADS with stopping power on and unloads 2/3 of his clip to kill me when 1/3 will be sufficient - aka spray and pray, thats when i get pissed. kids who cant play the game use noob stuff to try and win. they end up failing most of the time, but that couple of times they dont can ruin killstreaks for others.

btw, lvl 25 (1st prestige), good fight thermal [bleep]es.

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

SCOPES ARE SO CHEAP OMG SO [bleep]IN ACCURATE IT AINT FAIR I USE INTERVENTION AND NEVER SCOPE IN BECAUSE IM LEGIT AND I WOULD OWN YOU ANY TIME ANY PLACE

Wow if you're really 13 then thats pretty messed up.

Had a great game tonight on Underpass of all places, using the M240 LMG. Some kid on the other team with a riot shield gave me free kills, and I was able to box people in near C. Ended up 45-5 I think with 2 Pave Lows.

when i die by 'normal' means (like i saw the guy first but my UMP isnt accurate enough at long range so he killed me with his SCAR-H or i was just sitting around and then some dude knifes me or a perfectly sauteed gernade falls right next to me and i dont have time to move), i dont care. but when i watch killcam and it's like some [bleep] whos too scared to run because his precious HBS wont be visible or an ACR [bleep] is sitting there ADS with stopping power on and unloads 2/3 of his clip to kill me when 1/3 will be sufficient - aka spray and pray, thats when i get pissed. kids who cant play the game use noob stuff to try and win. they end up failing most of the time, but that couple of times they dont can ruin killstreaks for others.

That may be your definition of cheap, but people have varying definitions. I've seen people call the ump overpowered for a SMG, I've seen people call semtexes cheap because they are 16.6% more powerful than frags, I've seen people call the scar overpowered because of its damage. I've heard so many complaints in lobbies about almost everything in the game (hell someone even insulted my famas once because I neck-shot them which is OHK), that I just ignore it.

If you keep getting killed by HBS users then switch to a class with ninja and take the idiot out. Then if you kill him keep surviving and use ninja to your advantage. You have silent footsteps... you can easily sneak up on people. If you keep getting killed by an ACR well than slap on stopping power and unload your scar into the idiot. Or even sniping the guy would work. If you're getting sniped by a guy with HBS, well the easiest way to kill a sniper is to snipe him. Find a weak spot in the map where I have trouble seeing even zoomed in with my scope, and kill me there (for example the boxes around the bush near the A flag on Wasteland).

I'm just saying, you shouldn't complain about things where there are obvious counters to them. Every class has a weakness, every class has a strength. Just use your strength to your full advantage and try to avoid confrontations with classes that can beat you.

dangsig.png

I'm just saying, you shouldn't complain about things where there are obvious counters to them. Every class has a weakness, every class has a strength. Just use your strength to your full advantage and try to avoid confrontations with classes that can beat you.

Pretty much.

I tend to use a ninja class on most non sniper maps and devistate most of the cheaper classes by flanking them, or sometimes changing their advantage into a disadvantage. OMA noob tubers? flanked. Tanks? flanked Campers? ninja knifed or semtexed. Commando knifers? killed via mp5kSD/scilenced AK or knife owned in close quarters(Its evenly matched in very tight spaces, and sometimes they teleport knife past me, making their back exposed.)

Problem is, getting into flanking positions can be a pain. I meet quite a few Ar's and snipers on my way at times, and if they're at a distance, theres nothing I can do but flashbang them and get close or make an escape(ninja smoke anyone? :D). Like commando knifers, UAV is also a problem.

Primary-MP5kSD/AK scilenced/Tar 21 HBS

Secondary-44 magnum/desert eagle/m9 all with tactical knife

semtex/flash

Perk1-marathon pro

Perk2-Lightweight pro

Perk3-ninja pro

Deathstreak-Final stand

KS pred missile/harrier/CG harrier/CG/nuke (no nukes yet) :/

yaay_1_def.png

siggy2.png