March Madness

Gandorf61

So with the removal of the Behind the Scenes and with only a few ideas of what is to come what do you guys think will be released this March?

Personally I think we will receive the grandmaster 150th quest because with the coming of April there will most likely be an Easter holiday quest near the beginning of the month which means it has to come out before then.

I also think that Mobilizing armies will have been finally finished and perfected and will probably be released a couple weeks after the 150th quest.

But what about the two "improved content" updates for March? What do you think they will be? Will they answer the requests of thousands of players, or turn out to be nothing special?

Also when do you think we will receive our next development diary? Could it be as soon as this very week?

Post you ideas/thoughts for what March will bring here. ::'

March Possible Speculation

(01-07)Development diary?

(08-14)150th Quest/Bounty Hunter Returns

(15-21)Bounty Hunter Returns

(22-28)Mobilizing Armies

(29-31)???

Other Possibilities:

Mechscape

RSOF upgrade

F2P Content

New North Lands

(This is just a guess, post you own ideas too)

March Actual Updates

(01-07)Bank All/Misc Updates

(08-14)

(15-21)

(22-28)

(29-31)

Can we have a speculation sub forum?

Haha that gave me an idea for a possible *fixing content* update. Maybe Jagex will upgrade the RSOF to be a better forum with more options.

I'm actually quite looking forward to mechscape :oops:

Any idea when it is supposed to be released this year? I heard Q1 somewhere...

So... tired... I... uhhhhh...

It's... it's all a coverup! Bounty Hunter gone... no Behind the Scenes... What's next? Maybe... no more big nets little nets, just one net, that's all there is, just a net. Not to mention they got rid of player galleries, and even Postbag From the Hedge is seeing its issues... What... what's next? Big nets little nets? One net left?

The npcs are getting chatty, and they don't want any big hints coming out, so they're putting the stop on the Postbag. The player art submission really had subiblimal... sublimimal... sumbi... subliminal messages in them, giving away future updates. It's the Chaos Elemental's doing, I bet... Bounty Hunter's gone because that "unnamed god" that made all those craters is back, and that certainly has to do with the big new 150th quest. No one goes into the craters anymore, the god's too tough... strong, mean, and off limits.

Is there even a god relating to Bounty Hunrer? Issays in the Knowlagge Base... uhhh... an "uname god split the earth, making a volcano" or somethin... Could this be having to do with this? March... isn't that the war guy, the zodiac? Maybe more wars... God Wars? Lucien... he's in that underground thing you know where it next to that chaos elemaltar, why can't we go in? March, in March we can now march into that tunnel, find him... get the power gem...

...Fight him... get the Jas... Armadyl staffie... chilly place north... too far north... water! ... boats... sailing?

New skill...

150th...

Aha! Man gain stairs...

Tired... so very... tired...

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

So... tired... I... uhhhhh...

It's... it's all a coverup! Bounty Hunter gone... no Behind the Scenes... What's next? Maybe... no more big nets little nets, just one net, that's all there is, just a net. Not to mention they got rid of player galleries, and even Postbag From the Hedge is seeing its issues... What... what's next? Big nets little nets? One net left?

The npcs are getting chatty, and they don't want any big hints coming out, so they're putting the stop on the Postbag. The player art submission really had subiblimal... sublimimal... sumbi... subliminal messages in them, giving away future updates. It's the Chaos Elemental's doing, I bet... Bounty Hunter's gone because that "unnamed god" that made all those craters is back, and that certainly has to do with the big new 150th quest. No one goes into the craters anymore, the god's too tough... strong, mean, and off limits.

Is there even a god relating to Bounty Hunrer? Issays in the Knowlagge Base... uhhh... an "uname god split the earth, making a volcano" or somethin... Could this be having to do with this? March... isn't that the war guy, the zodiac? Maybe more wars... God Wars? Lucien... he's in that underground thing you know where it next to that chaos elemaltar, why can't we go in? March, in March we can now march into that tunnel, find him... get the power gem...

...Fight him... get the Jas... Armadyl staffie... chilly place north... too far north... water! ... boats... sailing?

New skill...

150th...

Aha! Man gain stairs...

Tired... so very... tired...

Wow, that was quite something. Your vagueness brought out some interesting issues (mostly the big/small nets), but I am honestly curious if the end of BTS also means the end of the Postbag and Player Gallery too.

Are you related to the Chaos Elemental? Perhaps it's brother, the Rambling Elemental?

calvinandhobbessigedite.png

Any idea when it is supposed to be released this year? I heard Q1 somewhere...

Originally Jagex was saying first quarter of 09. So I assume by the end of March.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Hi

I think it will be the month of f2p content upgrades plus the 150th quest

[hide=Mark Gerhard CEO of jagex]

We'd also like to clear up a few issues surrounding the free game. RuneScape is different from all other MMOs in that the free game has an epic amount of content (we'd estimate over 2,000 hours worth to get all your skills up to 99 and complete all the quests) and isn't merely a demo for the members version. If anything, we see the members version as an expansion pack for those that really love the game and we feel both games are substantive in their own right. I want to apologise for habitually over-promoting the benefits of membership to our free players. I strongly believe if you love the free game you will equally love the members content and that is sufficient promotion to me. If you can't enjoy the free game in its own right then we're not doing our jobs properly. We will continue to improve the free game and, crucially, make it as fun as possible because we know that this is the way that everyone first discovers RuneScape.
[/hide]

Bounty Hunter ought to be top priority. Pkers are awaiting their runecrack en masse.

New lands galore I foresee but no sailing skill to go with it.

A new quest, and perhaps a grandmaster one.

No mechscape or mobilising armies. Jagex have been warning us for a while that they will be late with these. Expect them Mayish.

I do think they will give us a Dev Diary this month, they might just be waiting until their update this week/next week to release it. As part of the new system, we may not be getting any updates in one week, and 2 updates another week, so don't expect to see an update every monday-tuesday. We might not get one until next week.

As for this month I think the Bounty Hunter updates are on the top of their list, and I assume we will see that update first this month.

Regarding the 150th quest, I don't think we will see it for awhile. The CE postbag hints at a quest involving Bandos, and possibly GWD, which sounds like a pretty large quest. According to the letter it is to be released sometime around Raktuber (April 20 - May 23). It sounds like the end of the Zanik/goblin storyline which sounds fitting for #150. We'll just have to wait and see.

Other than that, Jagex said they will be spending more time now improving current mini games and other things than adding totally new content, so expect this month to be more "tweaks" than full pledged new content.

Sidenote: The did not kill the BTS, it is simply in a different format for the Dev Diaries. Instead of using the BTS saying A, B, and C are this month and D, E, F are next month, Dev Diaries will simply say expect A, B, D, and F to be one of the many upcoming updates within the next 1-2 months. We will still get previews, but instead of being just one month in advance it will be more than a month in advance.

dawnsigblue-3.png

Dont forget bunty hunter

Almost forgot about that.

New updates today. I guess that means new content next week if Jagex still follows the same schedule they did when there was BTS.

EDIT

500th post ftw!

I'd like them to put up a sign on the mainpage:

"Runescape is closed for the rest of the year while we renovate the game. Come back in 2010 when we'll be adding content again."

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

"Runescape is closed for the rest of the year while we renovate the game. Come back in 2010 when we'll be adding content again."

That would be lying.

They are adding new content. Just because you don't care for it doesn't mean that they should close the game. If you hate the direction it's going in this year, then you quit and come back in 2010.

ab38dfd9d8.png

bluehooloovo.png

bluehooloovo.png

[hide=]

The light at the end of the tunnel is the demon-infested lava pit.

blue = sad

hoo = who

loo = 100

vo = broken ice cream cone = sad children = sad babies = dead babies

bluehooloovo = sadwho100deadbabies = Who is sad about 100 dead babies?

I've cracked the code!

[/hide]Blog

Not if they then actually go through with it, which is close enough to what they're doing already.

But on another note, Jagex... please, I beg you... give me something to do besides a couple of trees that fills up 9 minutes of my playing time every day, if I can even find them.

And before you try, nuh-uh, not another team based minigame. :shame:

*edit* I'm more or less there. I could use a break to go out and let some content pile up while I'm away. With how the year is going, I'll come back in 2010 and clear all that up in around 3 days.

Hey, maybe they can give us a new color for our boots and that'll be another week's worth of updates?

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.