Why were laws 1k each?

70kyews

I started playing RS in 2004 when laws were 1k each. I got so used to this price, but when I came back after quitting for a year or so they were ~300gp each where they've stayed for a while.

Today I was crafting laws using tele tabs and I realized that if I had crafted them back when they were 1k each I could make almost 50k per load, which would still be a poop load of money per hour even if I ran from Draynor to the boat to entrana and used a glory ammy to tele back.

So why did so few people craft laws back then, and why did the price drop to 300gp?

sir_cambridg.png

LOL. This could take a while.

Sir_Cambridg.png

Today I was crafting laws using tele tabs

^ This. So many easy ways to craft them.

Also more people with 54 rc, more people killing things that drop laws, and not as many people think they're worth that much.

Shaniqua.png

GE "commands" the price changes nowadays, thats why they dropped like hell, players no more rule the prices ;)

off topic but i agree...i want the old trading system back, even if it is harder to find the item you want

MyWorldHero.png

Barrows:

Verac- Helm, Brassard x 2,

Torag- Body, Hammers

Karil- Crossbow

Guthan- Body

Ahrim- Hood, Staff

GE "commands" the price changes nowadays, thats why they dropped like hell, players no more rule the prices ;)

off topic but i agree...i want the old trading system back, even if it is harder to find the item you want

Agree if the GE was only for use with a few items then it would be fine. Players don't rule the prices, but clans do.

On the topic.

Laws were only ever 1k each in low numbers (20 max) after this the price dropped a lot since you were bulk buying.

O and the reason they were higher in price back then was it was harder to sell in bulk and harder to craft in bulk.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Laws used to be around 500 gp each, not 1k each. The only time they were sold at 1k was if someone just needed 1 or 2, same as today.

Wrong, they did used to be 1k each, and bloods were 2k each (before charge was nerfed :wall: ). Don't post if you don't know what you're talking about.

And pretty much been answered already, just had to say that -.- .

Angelic_Whim.png

i think another factor is also the change from quest only to available to all. this led to more people making them so more came into the economy

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

They were 1k each because when people wanted to teleport somewhere but didnt have the right runes, with no set limits(grand exchange) people though 1k would grab somebodys attention for 1 rune. helped the person who needed it, and helped the person who sold it.

wdwadmin.gif

I would probably say 2 things:

1 fast free laws

2 when jagex tried to kill RWT the made all shops have infinate supplies, I am not p2p, but I assume the mage guild also has inf supplies. Now that you can buy a whole lot of law runes, instead of the flow being hindered by both bots and players camping the area, the price bottomed out.

(though this might have happened after the price went down, I really do not recall when the price started to go down)

Bottom line there are more laws in the world now, and less demand due to the multitude of alternative teleports.

Alright, thanks for all the responses.

I just have two (nooby) questions...

What was fast free laws?

What quest was required to craft laws and why?

1. On world 66 you would trade 26 essence (pure after the update) for 26 laws and your essence noted. This allowed the crafter to gain exp at very quick rates (at the time atleast) and the runner to gain a big some of money.

2. Troll Stronghold or Death Plateau, which ever now have the exp lamp.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Alright, thanks for all the responses.

I just have two (nooby) questions...

What was fast free laws?

What quest was required to craft laws and why?

1. On world 66 you would trade 26 essence (pure after the update) for 26 laws and your essence noted. This allowed the crafter to gain exp at very quick rates (at the time atleast) and the runner to gain a big some of money.

2. Troll Stronghold or Death Plateau, which ever now have the exp lamp.

Oh thanks.

But why Troll Stronghold?? That quest has absolutely nothing to do with Entrana, Runecrafting, or even Law runes at all......

sir_cambridg.png

LOL. This could take a while.

Sir_Cambridg.png

Stop blaming it on the GE. Laws dropped long before the GE was introduced, and even if it had not been, there would still be exactly the same supply today. More players came, and the GE was introduced... that doesn't mean the GE has a relation to more players coming and flooding the law market.

lalalasig2.png