Jagex being Ignorant? RWT Related

Soma2035

Wish they would take as much effort to update spirit shields and 3rd age so we could finally buy them.

Very true. Harpoons and Raw Bird Meat were higher than store price because people need them in bulk for summoning (both familiars made by these products are very useful for lower level summoners). If Jagex took away the need for junk trading by actually making the GE match "street prices", the *real* junk items wouldn't be worth anymore than their store price in the first place. Basically, instead of fixing the problem they've attemted to fix the product of the problem which, obviously, is just causing more problems.

I've rarely seen items like these used in a rwt transaction.

Harpoons and bird meat, especially, weren't used for RWT. They sold legitemately for those prices in bulk anyway. :P

Dork.jpeg

Sig And Avatar by Tripsis - 99 Slayer Blog - My Pyramid Plunder Guide

Owner of Fire Cape since 28-09-2005 - 426th to 99 Strength

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ask for bailout money from obama

Despite your high post count, which generally seems to indicate quality, it has become apparent to me that a few of your recent posts were fairly spam-like.

---

OT: I have no idea what to say, because I didn't understand your post, Hal. ;) It's too late now so I'll ask you on Skype tomorrow for a more detailed explanation.

• Never trust anyone. You are always alone, and betrayal is inevitable.
  • Nothing is safe from the jaws of the decompiler.

TBH jagex needs to make a gold shop ingame.

that would stop all of this and make them more $.

FRONTPAGE.png

{DeviantART}{Last.Fm}{Join Sublime GFX, great community for artists!}

Back to RuneScape, Again.Avatar by Brian The Great

The RWT companies would just lower their own prices to compete. Jagex couldnt then made the gold available super cheap or else people would buy gold all the time really inflating items and crippling the economy.

I can understand why Jagex has done this. This must have been used by some RWTers for them to do it as it doesnt make sense otherwise. But no real players really could have been making serious money off those items.

The trade limit for a maxed person is 60k, so lets buy 12,000 harpoons (at 5gp). You can still do it in a trade with a player and give them the full 60k gp again for their time and buy 12,000 harpoons for 10gp each (double the ge).

But who in their right mind as a genuine player would buy that many harpoons for Ibis? At the most you only need a few hundred before you level up to do something better for exp or usage (granite lobster).

People must have been abusing those items for Jagex to change it. As for the bird meats... I always bought my own anyway only took a few minutes to get several hundred.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Lowering the price of bird meat is just taking it too far. I have 3k gold's i wanna make terro birds into, i really dont wanna waste my time buying 3k birdmeat..yuck

Summoning wasn't meant to be easy.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Because when someone keeps trying to set fire to your house, the best course of action is just to burn it down yourself.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Omfg Jagex! Well if anyone hasnt read my guide, relax in the knowledge that you arent missing anything, as it is now officially ruined. I had a theory that a mod was going around nerfing all of the prices in my guide, but now I think its confirmed. :evil:

I cant believe that they would alter the market so drastically, without considering the implications on other people. RWT can [bleep] off, its fine at the minimum it is currently at. The only people losing out from this update are hard working, fair players of the community.

erjypx.jpg

Just kidding ladies, you know I love you =D

Guide to Making Money with NPC Trading

its fine at the minimum it is currently at.
I wasn't aware that you worked at Jagex

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

Don't you know? Players have much more insights in the ways of which Jagex deals with RWT, compared to Jagex themselves. At least, that's what some people like to think.

Well the way I see it, most routes of RWT have already been closed off. BH is left as the last place that allows completely free transfer of items, and that is currently closed for fixing too.

Andrew has already advocated Junk Trading in a previous post, as it is a way to get fair prices. I can see Jagex' reasoning, to limit the possibilities of transferring gold, but buying harpoons and bird meat to resell was a reasonable way of making money for hardworking people.

People may argue that its easy to make macros which buy at shops, but then again its easy to make a macro to do any grinding work for money! Purchasing a members account to buy meat which will probably get banned from their anti-macro systems before they make enough even to be worth £10, does not seem logical to me. Not to mention that most RWTers use f2p accounts to farm gold, and this update has only affected members.

You are right though, how am I meant to know how much RWTing is going on behind the scenes, but im sure Jagex would be able to catch them with their self-glorified anti-cheat systems, without effecting the natural flow of the GE. Effort to obtain = Extra Gp on the price tag.

Finally, Jagex' biggest problem with RWTers is that they are using stolen credit cards to pay for membership. I dont see how their action today has helped to solve this problem, as a stolen members account still has thousands of options for making money.

P.S. Theres a rumour that Jagex may be making a "Buy noted" option from shops, and this change is to make sure nobody can take advantage of the market. This has no evidence however.

erjypx.jpg

Just kidding ladies, you know I love you =D

Guide to Making Money with NPC Trading

Wish they would take as much effort to update spirit shields and 3rd age so we could finally buy them.

Very true. Harpoons and Raw Bird Meat were higher than store price because people need them in bulk for summoning (both familiars made by these products are very useful for lower level summoners). If Jagex took away the need for junk trading by actually making the GE match "street prices", the *real* junk items wouldn't be worth anymore than their store price in the first place. Basically, instead of fixing the problem they've attemted to fix the product of the problem which, obviously, is just causing more problems.

I've rarely seen items like these used in a rwt transaction.

Harpoons and bird meat, especially, weren't used for RWT. They sold legitemately for those prices in bulk anyway. :P

Don't forget wolpertingers :P

Why are we arguing over whether this thread is the same as another one? :roll:

Because it should be locked as a duplicate.

So then lock it Mr Mod.

...oh right.

Reported for rules 1.2 and 1.5, thanks to the amazing report button regular users can find rule infractions as well as moderators.

Raw birds shouldn't have ever been added to a store to begin with. Whats next? Sell big bones in a store? :roll:

The price would be ruined if they were removed. They are too hard to obtain and too commonly used.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Raw birds shouldn't have ever been added to a store to begin with. Whats next? Sell big bones in a store? :roll:

The price would be ruined if they were removed. They are too hard to obtain and too commonly used.

So are big bones. The STORE is what ruins the price of thing. i.e. the reason that chompies were removed from the store. If there is a gameplay problem with the rate at which raw birds can be gathered, then adjust the mechanics of bird catching (who knows....make like...a pouch to store more raw birds in? make a bank closer to the hunting areas? make a bird depositing device?) But the solution shouldn't really be to just throw them in a store, thus defeating the purpose of a branch of the hunter skill....

For an exact example of how birds should be handled, look at the granite mining. Did Jagex throw granite chunks in some store? No. They updated it so that it would be easier to bank large ammounts of sellable granite.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

Tis is one of the few updates by jagex i disagree with, they were good ways to make money for some people, and commonly used for summining which gave them their price.

I wonder if they will be able to rise back up in price though?

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

So are big bones. The STORE is what ruins the price of thing. i.e. the reason that chompies were removed from the store. If there is a gameplay problem with the rate at which raw birds can be gathered, then adjust the mechanics of bird catching (who knows....make like...a pouch to store more raw birds in? make a bank closer to the hunting areas? make a bird depositing device?) But the solution shouldn't really be to just throw them in a store, thus defeating the purpose of a branch of the hunter skill....

For an exact example of how birds should be handled, look at the granite mining. Did Jagex throw granite chunks in some store? No. They updated it so that it would be easier to bank large ammounts of sellable granite.

Bones are a secondary item that are dropped as a side result of farming a monster; aside from green dragons, bones are not the goal of killing monsters.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

I'm just fascinated with Jagex's raw food plummeting strategy tbh...I just don't see it everyday...

Really what a way to evaporate entrepreneur earnings...

Actually, it's given a shot in the arm to the market value. We now have an opulent table situation, I wish I had a few thousand myself.

DeviledEgg24.png

I'm just fascinated with Jagex's raw food plummeting strategy tbh...I just don't see it everyday...

Really what a way to evaporate entrepreneur earnings...

Actually, it's given a shot in the arm to the market value. We now have an opulent table situation, I wish I had a few thousand myself.

Sorrie, but that's just stupid...

You know, you had to buy them earlier: so you would've "spent" money to get them.. (or actually spent potentional money).

Now they're worth more than the ge price (But only potentialy): but they won't ever be worth much more than the original price. - Probably a little bit indeed (since less people now collect bird meats), but nothing too much...

SO in the end you just spent real money into potentional money, and a bad potential money source (a source you can't 1 to 1 exchange for real money).

But beside that point, can't anyone ever think about any reason that could've been good? Really, this is embarassing, the only reasons to justify this are "jagex says so, jagex is almighty god who I worship, so it must be good."

Sorry I don't believe in gods.......

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Bones are a secondary item that are dropped as a side result of farming a monster; aside from green dragons, bones are not the goal of killing monsters.

So thank you for reinforcing my argument? The only reason hunter birds existed was as the main goal of going there: to get bird meat. Now they are completely useless. You think that a "side effect" item shouldn't be sold in the store, but a "main goal" item should? So according to your analogy, selling bird meat in the store is similar to selling dragon bones in the store. Dragons are killed for dragon bones, birds should be trapped for their meat. It is the one main benefit from trapping birds (slower exp, more inconvenient as of right now) and now there is no reason to trap a hunter bird except if your level isn't high enough to gain exp any other way...

Next time you say something, explain how it is supposed to support your argument, because what you said doesn't really seem to correspond to any reasons you've given for bird meat being in stores.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

That was an ironic intentional 'mistake', right?

Do you merchant much? If you do, you'd realize that potential worth can be FAR more then previous values; opulent tables soared to 35 times their 'actual value' when this happened to them. Despite the fact that they were obtainable for 1m, they were selling for over 3.5. All items like this are kicked into high demand because of it.

DeviledEgg24.png

That was an ironic intentional 'mistake', right?

Do you merchant much? If you do, you'd realize that potential worth can be FAR more then previous values; opulent tables soared to 35 times their 'actual value' when this happened to them. Despite the fact that they were obtainable for 1m, they were selling for over 3.5. All items like this are kicked into high demand because of it.

So are you thinking that these are now going to be traded in mass quantities as undervalued items? Example: "40k birds for a 3a range top!" or something along these lines...

Myweponsgood.gif

Yup, exactly what happened with pies and opulent tables. If the GE price is far, far below the actual worth, it becomes a merchanting item and the value skyrockets. Since tables and pies have recently been rebalanced, for all we know this could be Jagex fixing the problem in their own way. And it seems to be working quite well, despite the occasional whinings of people who don't understand.

DeviledEgg24.png