Weekly Poll: Are you enjoying the changes made to randoms?

n_odie

Well, you never know what you loved until it's gone.

Which comes to another point: do the users really know what they want? It seems like there's critics at every corner whining about the state of the game, and yet....

But that's for another day.

8f14270694.jpg

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked when and how you got them more before, how you did them before, but I love the new rewards :D

Overall I liked them more before, but the new ones is totally ok as well.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

I would like to see the rate changed a bit more slightly, since now they practically don't even appear... They help kill the monotony of the skilling for me, but now they don't even come to say boo. >_<

Oh the tragedies of completing most of the randoms properly and being level 123. :wall: :lol:

People only want them now because you get better rewards, that's sad. You just don't know when to stop whining.

I don't see how that's sad. The rewards are actually decent now so randoms are worth getting. And for all you know, the people who wish that random were more frequent now because there are better rewards may not have been "whining" about the excessive amount of random events before the change.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

I've always enjoyed a little brake in the monotony. :wall: And I am looking forward to some of the new rewards. but I have played like 10 - 20 hours and nothing. I suppose many are happy not to be bothered as often, but I for one miss "that little spice of life" randoms provided. :cry:

ksprite2.pngJonnyBeeKing

Overall, I like the changes. Decent rewards (exp lamp every time? yes please!), and lower frequency are fine by me. :thumbup: The only thing is...I can't get a freakin' sandwich lady to save my life! The music for that random is one of two I haven't unlocked. :x I never thought I'd actually want a sandwich lady, but there you go.

frigginacky.png

I am always choosing a lamp, and getting some much liked agility xp, a skill I hate training. I get a random or 2 each day, maybe 1 every couple of hours.

I like em more than before, but a new pure would not, as I got a lot of cash from the gems I scored from randoms.

Most certainly have been! Its been refreshing not to get spammed by the same repetitive randoms twenty times in a row. I can never predict what random will hit me next. Also glad that the xp lamp is usually a definite option...needed an emergency one in case my party location does not have any available rocks to mine :P. The one thing that peeves me is that they all teleport you which means I often loose my training spot (again this was mainly in regards to my mining, no longer really an issue).

99miningnewsig.gif

~Retired 13-July-2010~

Thanks for the great memories folks :).

• 2 weeks later...

I had the mime random last night while hunting chins. That's only the 3rd or 4th random I've had since the update. Anyway, when I was teleported back to my hunting spot I was bummed to see that all of my box traps were gone. :x

Then, I looked in my inventory and there they were!!! \'

I don't remember traps automatically being picked up and placed in my pack during a random before the update, but maybe they were. Anyone know?

If that's something new, then yes... I'm liking this update even more.

i didnt mind the old randoms, got them fairly frequently...now i get like one a week... kinda drastic.

but since im almost 65 slayer its not a big deal.

UZp6G.png

32,606th to 99 magic || 15,388th to 99 dungeoneering || 12,647th to 99 farming

14,792nd to 99 range || 24,954th to 99 herblore