Best Barrows Set

Ax600

Well this is on my mind because I just got to the point to where me myself can wear Torags & Dharoks, but... Which is the best melee set to have? Torag's, Guthan's set, Verac's set, or Dharok's set?

Well you first have to look at their specials. This is what each one does:

Torag's- Makes run energy go down up to 20%.

Guthan's- Makes wearer gain the amount of hit points damaged on the enemy go to them.

Dharok's- The less hit points you have, the more damage you do, despite your Strength level.

Verac's- Ignores any armor and prayer, resulting in potentially heavy damage.

Next, you have to look at the armor defense bonuses.

Torag's Defense bonuses: Stab: +262 Slash: +260 Crush: +244.

Guthan's- Stab: +259 Slash: +257 Crush: +241.

Dharok's- Stab: +252 Slash: +250 Crush: +234.

Verac's- Stab: +221 Slash: +235 Crush: +222.

Then, you look at what you are doing with the armor. For example, for The Kalphite Queen and the Deul Arena are good places to use Verac's. For general training, Dharok's would be the best because of the high-hitting ability.

Excuses are tools of incompetence that builds monuments of nothingness. Those who specialize in excuses never accomplish anything.
If the world does end on December 21, 2012, I want to be doing hot stuff with Megan Fox and/or playing Runescape :D

Help and Advice.

Guthan's is my favorite, what with healing 1:1 to damage (25 damage, 25 hp healed).

Dharoks is good, but to keep yourself at low health, you'd better keep close watch on your character. I've been playing since long before Barrows was introduced, but I can't even count the number of people, even high levels, talking about dieing because they were training at low hp and forgot to replenish prayer or something of the sort.

Torag's: Maybe for pvp. Useless for PvE, the drain of 20% energy won't do you any good against monsters, not that spectacular. I had Torag's, it wasn't special. I can do the same with a cheaper collection of armor and weapons.

Verac: It's nice. The only one of the four up here I haven't used.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Ow my eyes... for future reference with your time in Tip it, DON'T post in all one color...

I have owned and used all of the sets, and really only like veracs/guthans. Dharoks is fun but only worth it if you have some spare cash IMO.

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

So tired... Must go on...

Torag... His armor... it lacks the flaws of his brothers... His weapons... drive the enemy into the ground. Monsters don't care, they never run anyway... Fellow humans... they regain their energy easily with many other means... Not nearly effective as one who follows the path of the mage... Ice... generally better for slowing people down than hammers... His corrupted strength isn't his strong point... it's his defence that gives his armor use...

Dharok... Apparently not a thinker... maybe because his helmet was so weak? His axe... one of the most intimidating weapons around, but nothing without Dharok's wretched strength behind it... So much risk, like gambling... You can never be sure that you're going to survive if you let yourself play at death's door... Your fate looms overhead... Many find it useful, very strong, does a lot of damage... though very risky... Is the gain truly worth the loss?

Guthan... Weak in the legs... his legs rather bare... No need to cover them, as he has no intent of fleeing... With his infested power, you will stay in the fight long after your army has fallen... His spear... versatile, but not the best weapon... Simply outlasting the foe is the basic idea of fighting... Some want to kill faster... Guthan takes it slow, and enjoys every last moment...

Verac... His chest is left exposed... is it worth the maneuverability for his flail? Verac wastes no time with weaklings who rely on their god's direct influence... He strikes fear in a man that makes his prayers echo into nothing... He defiles the enemy's body, ripping through every last inch... no matter how hard... Verac can get through it...

So...

Sleepy...

Idon'a wahh...

Goo... goodnight...

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

If you're only going to get one, get guthans. Even without the spec, it's still good armor. I don't understand the dharok fetish. You hit hard if you almost die. If you have a bad internet connection, you're screwed. Guthans is only good for stats, and verac for pvp/bosses.

Dharok's best for all around use? Yeah right, I think Guthan's would be waaay better... Guthan's keeps your health up, with Dharok's you have to be low, one disconnection or sudden hit of bad lag and your down 3M. :wall:

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

Is there one that is best to train with :?:

Excuses are tools of incompetence that builds monuments of nothingness. Those who specialize in excuses never accomplish anything.
If the world does end on December 21, 2012, I want to be doing hot stuff with Megan Fox and/or playing Runescape :D

Is there one that is best to train with :?:

Never train in complete barrow sets. Only exception is Dharoks, which is very risky and a whip usually does the job much better.

Just get Verac's skirt for def/prayer and any other top. Use neitznot or berserker for a helm and whip for a weapon.

If you hunt the KQ or PvP alot, gets Veracs. If you like training with combat summons get Guthans.

Overall, if you had to have one set for everything you do, I'd definetly say Guthans.

slayermask3.png

A Draconic Guide V1.4, Fimer - Multi-Timer Farming Timer V3.

Dragon Boots: 39|Abyssal Whips: 16|Dark Bows: 1|

So to get the ideal training combo is buy Guthans. This will replace your need to buy food (saving you lots of money over time). What you do with it is bring bring a whip (and defender or shield) along with it and kill things with the whip until you're low on health, then you swap over to the spear and use it to heal your self for a while (always prepared to slap on protect from melee or whatnot if you get unlucky for a while with the heal procs). Other options are to also bring an additional helmet, such as a warrior/berserker helmet because these have similar stats and additional bonuses, then just switch the helmet and spear in order to heal. If you're cheap and worried about the costs of the repair bill for the Guthans, then you can also always bring some non-degrading armor (like rune legs/chest) and switch to full Guthans only in order to heal for a bit, but this would not be advised because keeping the defence bonuses of the Guthan chest and skirt will allow you to take less damage and spend more time with the more effective whip.

Verac is a situational set: it's good for killing bosses with lots of armor (excluding dragons because 2h weapons don't allow the shield).

Dharok is also somewhat situational, and very expensive to use. What you do with Dharok is get down to a very low health, then pray against the attack of what you're killing so that you maintain that low health and don't die. This requires tons of prayer pots, and it's only good for monsters with large hp pools because you'll be going for huge hits and if you're fighting things with low health (which would be quite a waste of prayer pots of course) the high hits would get wasted. There is also argument that it is not much faster than a whip, and you have to add in the fact that it is quite risky: you could run out of prayer pots (especially if you have an internet problem) or other problems such as the evil chicken coming and maging you while protecting from melee.

And remember for all sets, that the set effects can't be used everywhere, there are some places where you have to have a special helmet (like a dust mask) or a shield (like an anti-dragonfire shield).

KwimSigFinal-1.png?t=1304744327

Combat 116+; Total 1900+; All Hard Tasks; (Nearly) All quest points; (Nearly) All skills 60+; An aquatic moose ninja.

Currently: Using 63 hunter to get some of those "Chins", then I'm going to range stuff down. Interruptions of agility when I feel like it, as well.

And lucky enough to get 4 Dragon and 6 Barrow Drops.

[hide]Kwimbob now looks exactly like me in real life except for hair color. Yes, this means I look exactly like the protagonist of that certain anime that my second character, Faye_V is also named after. Yes, I bought a jacket that also looks like his. No in real life I don't have a slain bear to sling over my shoulders. Yes, I'm that skinny even if I no-life it for years in basements. No, I can't shoot a gun. Yes, I can win any other strategic video game you have never played - because I probably have, ahahaha. And yes, I also have brown eyes, yet one of my eyes looks different from the other. And yes, I'm completely oblivious to the [real] world around me as I constantly engineer new solutions to daily problems in my head. When I get hungry, all that isn't food can wait. When I'm sleepy - nothing is of any priority in front of sleep. But at any other time, I never slow down. Never give up. Never Surrender. Makes for a good life.

[hide]YOU'RE GONNA CARRY THAT WEIGHT.

- See You, Space Cowboy.[/hide][/hide]

Anyone else have an input?

In my bank i just got verac's set and karils plate/skirt, veracs for dk's and karils for lots of slayer tasks that i gotta use it <3:

Depends. I have veracs (Well, got the helm and skirt, figure hte additional 300k was worth it for the set.

I like veracs, have used guthans and didn't care for it, just because of my low cmb stats and thinking that with faster kills i couldg et 68 summon.

Qeltar who I very much trust gets faster kill rates on some monsters with dharok's but it's quite dangerous, so I would avoid doing it unless you are sure you can devote time.

Torag's is useless (except for the armor)

Ahrims is the only decent mage armor... period...

Karil's is good for mage def.

Thoroughly retired, may still write now and again

In truth only 3 set effects are actually usable for 99% players.

Guthans, Veracs and Dharoks. (Normally in that order too)

The others aren't worth using.

Karils, C'bow is too slow and lacks enchanted bolts.

Torag, the hammers are damn terrible and the effect is rubbish.

Ahrims, the staff is ok, but you lose out on free runes or achient (sp?) auto casting its not really worth the effect.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Verac = Vs players generally

Dharok = vs players generally also Powertraining

Torag = armour is only useful

Guthans = For PVM GWD

Ahrims = Armours only good

Karils = for pvp generally

Hope this helps :ohnoes:

I added more.

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

Pureprayer, you're awesome.

what is the best armor to train with?

Full Dharok's unless you're slaying.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

hmm, Im low on cash though...

I will try to get some more to buy it...

meanwhile, ive got my d legs, rune pl8, berserker, rune gauntlets, str ammy, ROL (ring of life), rune arrows, whip, & obby sheild...

anyone got a better set for me thats not barrows?

• 2 weeks later...

bump :thumbsup:

Full Dharok's unless you're slaying.

Only for long hauls, like against gorrilla guards in Ape Atoll; the effect is risky and expensive (Though you don't have to worry about the evil chicken anymore :thumbsup: )

Guthans is good for monsters with lower hits, but that can still cost quite a bit of food (Fire giants as an example)

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

Whip+ Defender is better than any barrows set.

/Thread

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

Ow my eyes... for future reference with your time in Tip it, DON'T post in all one color...

I have owned and used all of the sets, and really only like veracs/guthans. Dharoks is fun but only worth it if you have some spare cash IMO.

Whiner. I never post in color and NEVER gotten a remark about it.

Anyway, personally I dont any barrows for their set effect. That's why I use verac skirt (best def + pray bonus), guthan platebody (best def) or torag or dharok platebody and verac helm (pray bonus, best def). On slayer tasks I use slayer helm ofc and mostly neit if not on task, if I dont need high def.