Do you believe in the supernatural/occult/aliens?

AndyPandy

I don't believe in the supernatural. I hate when people group aliens in with ghosts and stuff as well, I personally think it's plausible that aliens exist.

I also do, well, sortof. I belive in living creatures outside of this planet, but the chances are that they are not intelligent creatures, at least not enough to create a travelling method that would allow them to reach planet Earth.

And for the ghost sort of stuff, I don't belive in that, but I have to admit sometimes, specially when you aren't in your home, walking in the dark is... scary...

why do you say that? its implausible that earth is the ONLY planet in existance with intelligent life, and out of the many planets with life in space (i would assume there are multiple, considering how massive it is), it is not hard to believe that there are races smarter than us

as for other supernatural stuff, no.

Yes, but not things as ghosts, werewovles and vampires.

So that leaves...?

Wait, do zombies count as supernatural?

depends what type of zombie. the one thats a semi decomposed corpse that reanimates is supernatural, while the ones that suffer a virus that makes someone have "zombie" style symptoms is not, so long as the person wasnt dead...

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

aliens--yes, probability thing. If there are a billion planets a few are bound to end up with (advanced) life.

ghosts--not sure, never experienced anything to convince me but it would be wrong to just denounce it.

awteno.jpg

Orthodoxy is unconciousness

the only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed.

By definition, I don't believe in the supernatural. I think that everything can be explained, however, this doesn't discount the fact that spirits/ghosts/aliens/etc. can exist. It merely means they can be explained.

As for believing those things - I don't know. I think the majority of stories are definitely made up, but to claim there is no possibility seems quite ignorant. What does unrealistic mean anyways? Because even life is pretty damn unrealistic if you ask me.

I don't believe in the supernatural. I hate when people group aliens in with ghosts and stuff as well, I personally think it's plausible that aliens exist.

I also do, well, sortof. I belive in living creatures outside of this planet, but the chances are that they are not intelligent creatures, at least not enough to create a travelling method that would allow them to reach planet Earth.

And for the ghost sort of stuff, I don't belive in that, but I have to admit sometimes, specially when you aren't in your home, walking in the dark is... scary...

why do you say that? its implausible that earth is the ONLY planet in existance with intelligent life, and out of the many planets with life in space (i would assume there are multiple, considering how massive it is), it is not hard to believe that there are races smarter than us

Well yes, but even the closest planets to the Earth outside of our galaxy are toooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo far away for me to think they can travel such distances.

16185_s.gif

I hate when people group aliens in with ghosts and stuff as well

Ugh that's the exact same thing I was thinking when I looked at this thread. We're not all-powerful spirits to aliens on other planets are we?

But no; I don't believe the supernatural is real. But like anything in this universe, anything is possible.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

I'm not the most educated when it comes to this subject.

Aliens - The idea of Aliens has always fascinated me, since childhood I've always believed there is life out there in the vastness of space. In my opinion, it would be naive to believe we're the only ones here. We're just a TINY spec in the universe. It would be really creepy to know we're the only ones... If the government knows anything about alien existence I think it's good that they're keeping it from us. If they said "well this group of aliens contacted us" the whole world would go nuts, mass hysteria that would cause all kinds of terrible things. For all we know there could be a super world out there were the "people" or "aliens" are just tiny floating balls of light. It's amazing to think of the chemistry and what could be made out there.

Ghosts/Spirits - As a religious guy I think most ghost/spirits you see are demons. To put it simply, yes I believe in them.

Vampires/werewolf - Eh, no...

sotw7bar.png

Aliens? Yes. The Universe is so big it seems implausible that life only formed on one planet. If it's possible to form at all, there's no logical reason why would it be impossible to form elsewhere.

Ghosts? No strong opinion. I like to be scientific here, and I've had no reliable pointers in either direction. However, I think that even if something similar to our current concept of ghosts/spirits existed, they probably can't interact with us sufficiently for it to matter very much.

Anything else? No. I don't think I have to argue here, it's too implausible.

By the way, there will be some things which will be unexplained to us. So why make wild theories about dead people from the past coming to haunt us in a tangible yet somehow non-solid state because a door creaked? I mean, come on.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Aliens? Yes. The Universe is so big it seems implausible that life only formed on one planet. If it's possible to form at all, there's no logical reason why would it be impossible to form elsewhere.

Ghosts? No strong opinion. I like to be scientific here, and I've had no reliable pointers in either direction. However, I think that even if something similar to our current concept of ghosts/spirits existed, they probably can't interact with us sufficiently for it to matter very much.

Anything else? No. I don't think I have to argue here, it's too implausible.

By the way, there will be some things which will be unexplained to us. So why make wild theories about dead people from the past coming to haunt us in a tangible yet somehow non-solid state because a door creaked? I mean, come on.

I agree. It is a tiny, tiny, tiny, tiny, tiny, tiny, tiny chance of life on a planet. But there a billions of billions of planets so there must be at least one other life bearing planet, though will we ever make contact?

Not for at least a few hundred years probably.

So don't let anyone tell you you're not worth the earth,

These streets are your streets, this turf is your turf,

Don't let anyone tell you that you've got to give in,

Cos you can make a difference, you can change everything,

Just let your dreams be your pilot, your imagination your fuel,

Tear up the book and write your own damn rules,

Use all that heart, hope and soul that you've got,

And the love and the rage that you feel in your gut,

And realise that the other world that you're always looking for,

Lies right here in front of us, just outside this door,

And it's up to you to go out there and paint the canvas,

After all, you were put on the earth to do this,

So shine your light so bright that all can see,

Take pride in being whoever the [bleep] you want to be.

aliens theres a high chance of them existing if you think about how many other planets etc are out there. Imo theres another race of life some where just like us with their own language, rules and all its just too far for our current technology to see/travel that far and same for them so we're always upgrading and inventing newer technology till one day we may be able to contact or at least just know whats out there.

spirits and ghosts are less believable when you think of how they're created like to me once your dead your gone and thats it and all weird experiences have just been coincidence or you miss someone that much you think you see their image when really your just seeing things.

There could even be an after life though where you could have a choice to look over family/friends or stay where ever you go in the after life. who knows :?

212h0sy.jpg

spirits and ghosts are less believable when you think of how they're created

I don't understand why so many people believe aliens a lot more than ghosts. If we can assume something is beyond our proximity why can't we assume something is beyond our realm?

Ghosts have yet to be explained by science. While we haven't found/discovered/met any aliens (that us civilians know of), given more planets than we can count, there are very likely many other planets with life forms besides ours. I believe researchers found a planet that had potential for life (edit: link).

spirits and ghosts are less believable when you think of how they're created

I don't understand why so many people believe aliens a lot more than ghosts. If we can assume something is beyond our proximity why can't we assume something is beyond our realm?

When you die you die, there is nothing that travels to a different "realm". On the other hand it is very probable that another planet would be able to support life.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

How come people think ghosts are so magical? Who says there isn't a scientific reason for them? Just because we don't understand them doesn't mean there's no scientific answer.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

Ghosts have yet to be explained by science. While we haven't found/discovered/met any aliens (that us civilians know of), given more planets than we can count, there are very likely many other planets with life forms besides ours. I believe researchers found a planet that had potential for life (edit: link).

There's also some moon called "Blue Moon" (I think?) that could possibly support life. We watched a video on it last year, with sky whales and things like that. :lol:

Though coincidentally, the day before, we were using some program in the computer lab, where we designed planets and experimented to see if they could support life. I managed to get one, which I named "Luin Ithil", which happens to mean "Blue Moon." :P

(Link to a Wiki article here, I haven't fully read it but it looks like what I'm thinking of)

Anyway, I'm going to say anything is possible. The chances of extraterrestrial life are pretty good, though I'd think they'd be more likely to be bacteria than intelligent creatures. (But who knows?)

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

Aliens and the supernatural are totally different things. And statistically speaking, it would be rediculous not to acknowledge the existence of other lifeforms in our universe.

[iNSERT "I R EATIN TEH SHIX ATM" BILL COSBY SIGNATURE GIF HERE, LOL]

Supernatural occult aliens? Nah.

I do think there are other living beings (aliens, whatever you want to call them) out there, the odds on us being the only living things are just too small.

Supernatural stuff like voodoo is fake and/or imagination.

2dvjurb.png

Ghosts? Nah. They can't touch you or anything.

Aliens? Probable. Bit ignorant to assume that we are the only sapien beings in the billions of galaxies (hey, Yoda may be out there somewhere, just waiting for us to come find him).

Supernatural, occult etc: no.

Aliens: YES.

The chance that aliens do NOT exist, is so ultimately small...

If you account that there are 1.000 earth-like planets in the Milky-Way galaxy, then multiply that by the amount of galaxies in the entire universe. Would there be really be only 1 inhabited planet? Only if you do not posses common sense you are allowed to believe that there are no aliens (in my opinion of course)

count_civie.png

Level 99's

[hide]Mining level 99 achieved November 2010

Smithing level 99 achieved February 2011

Fishing level 99 achieved April 2011

Cooking level 99 achieved May 2011[/hide]

Goals

[hide]count_civie.png

count_civie.png[/hide]

Drops:

Miscellanious: 1x Draconic Visage , 5x Focus Sight, 3x Abbysal Whip

Offering Effigy Assistance in Herblore, Crafting. Contact me ingame by pm.

11.jpg

It's understandable that there are planets out there with similar conditions to earth, making them habitable. What I don't get is why we're so quick to assume that just because the occurrence of life being born here and the universe is so big, then that means it probably happened elsewhere too. It sounds like the argument, "If we are given an infinite amount of time then everything will happen." We're playing with odds a little too loosely here. Is it also reasonable to assume that someone out there is typing this same exact paragraph on a website on their planet called Tipit?

It's understandable that there are planets out there with similar conditions to earth, making them habitable. What I don't get is why we're so quick to assume that just because the occurrence of life being born here and the universe is so big, then that means it probably happened elsewhere too. It sounds like the argument, "If we are given an infinite amount of time then everything will happen." We're playing with odds a little too loosely here. Is it also reasonable to assume that someone out there is typing this same exact paragraph on a website on their planet called Tipit?

Well, I'd say the universe isn't that big. But yes, if the universe was big enough (like, really massive. Billions and billions of times as massive as we think it is now) there would be a chance of that happening.

2dvjurb.png

Supernatural? Nope. A little research on James Randi (and his foundation) goes a long way. I've never been much of a believer in things like ghosts, the afterlife, and other paranormal happenings.

On the flip side: Surely there is other life out there. Aliens (I'd prefer to use the words "other worldly creatures") more than likely exist.

ZpFishingSkillChamp.gif