Marijuana?

Dreamtongirl

Haha, thanks for the laugh. You should do stand-up. Willfully ignorant and incredibly idiotic huh? Says the slave-to-the-system...Your internet articles are not sources, and far from factual. I'd never thought I'd meet a stoner I didn't care for, I commend you for being the first. By the way, good luck in your (pointless) quest to change Washington's opinion on marijuana. Laws and social acceptance is pure [cabbage], 99% of society are drones and born idiots. That's why they turn to their government and cry for help, but they've never done much good for the people.

I'd actually prefer marijuana stay illegal. Cost is not an issue for me. Obtaining it is not an issue. I prefer the 'thrill', if you will, in the sense that I'm "not supposed to be doing it". Who knows what chemicals the govt will put in there. You damn well know the media will portray marijuana like it's the second coming of the devil. It will do more harm than good.

Careful guys, he's a rebel. He's clearly right.

Now, to call the angst-fire fighters ... Oh wait, they're all crying.

Let's just hope if it is every legalised that it is also legal to grow your own plants,

I'm pretty sure my tobacco plants are illegal. But they look a little bit like short jasmine. I really don't know what jasmine looks like, it's jsut the first plant I could think of.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To who ever the dude that said that he was addicted, it's not an addictive drug, you don't have withdraws to not smoking bud. Then again, I suppose you could be "addicted" in science terms to anything, running, chocolate, water, etc.

21ed8x.jpg

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

You people are forgetting that cigarettes weren't addictive either - until they started marketing them and adding nicotine and whatever else. It'll be the same if they make pot legal, so don't use addictiveness to argue.

I'm not saying I want it legal, I've been smoking for about 2 or 3 years now, and never been caught, so getting in trouble isn't really an issue for me. I'm just stating the fact that pure marijuana isn't an addictive drug right off the plant.

21ed8x.jpg

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

It is addictive, just far less so than other drugs. Incomparably so, really. It has practically no physical withdrawal, and how it produces psychological withdrawal isn't nailed down.

A lot of things can be addicting, at the very-least habit forming. But, I don't smoke weed. Since I heard it raises your chance to testicle cancer, I've really been a lot less interested.

You people are forgetting that cigarettes weren't addictive either - until they started marketing them and adding nicotine and whatever else. It'll be the same if they make pot legal, so don't use addictiveness to argue.

I really doubt that.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

No.

It's a gateway drug, and all though certainly the lesser of all evils regarding illegal substances, it's still a drug. It's illegal for a reason. Making it legal will only increase the amount of pot heads (unless the govt decides to tax the [cabbage] out of it). Smoking ain't healthy, and I think all forms of drug abuse should be abolished. This process will undoubtedly be slow, but I can wait. There's really no positive side to drugs.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Cigarettes were and are addictive. Nicotine is a naturally occuring chemical in tobacco.

No.

It's a gateway drug, and all though certainly the lesser of all evils regarding illegal substances, it's still a drug. It's illegal for a reason. Making it legal will only increase the amount of pot heads (unless the govt decides to tax the [cabbage] out of it). Smoking ain't healthy, and I think all forms of drug abuse should be abolished. This process will undoubtedly be slow, but I can wait. There's really no positive side to drugs.

Did you read any of the earlier posts?

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

It's a gateway drug

Besides marijuana's status as a gateway drug being dubious -- not everyone who smokes pot tries harder drugs or has any desire to -- it can pretty much be nullified by legalization. Who is going to peddle with street dealers and through them be introduced to other substances (even possibly through the pot itself if the dealer is careless enough) when they can grab a pack at the nearest BP? And why would anyone go out of their way to obtain cocaine or heroin -- which are and should remain illegal -- when they can legally use marijuana?

p2gq.jpg

No.

Did you read any of the earlier posts?

Honestly I only skimmed them, but I got the gist of most counter arguments.

1) Pot is addictive. As of now, it's very much so because the dealers want you to keep buying. If govt regulated, this probably won't change much. They'll certainly take stuff like amonia and battery acid out though. But even if it wasn't full of nicotine or whatever, it is possible to be addicted to the feeling of being high

2) Pot does crap to your brain. That's why it's called being "tweaked". Some drugs can straight up rot holes in your brain. Pot may not do that specifically, but it does effect your energy levels and other hormone related things. This can not be changed, even if govt regulated

3) Pot makes you impotent/sterile. And who wants that? That would suck.

4) Medicine, although a drug, is used for healthy purposes. Just like any other drug, it can be used incorrectly and therefore just as dangerous as pot. Make this statement converse to hold true the other way around.

5) Most "positive" effects of pot are made up. Seriously.

6) Drugs will consume your money through inevitable addiction. Not good.

6a) some people truly don't get addicted, but...it's not all that common

7)Pot has long lasting effects whether you know it or not. Just cause you can't see them now doesn't mean you won't be able to in a decade or so.

8) smoking is all around unpleasant.

9) To field NOM_ANOR's point, merely the theory that human curiosity will take over and lead down the road to harder stuff. I can't asy it'll always happen, but...I'm sure it'll be frequent enough to make a point out of.

10) If we legalize it, the retract the decision...it'll end up like a gang version of the prohibition mess.

anything else?

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

3) Pot makes you impotent/sterile. And who wants that? That would suck.

That's a good thing for couples who don't want kids.

Funny because most negative effects are made up too. Go figure.

It should just be legal but not sold by any companies, and if sold by companies, pure.

It's a freakin' plant.

Cigarettes are a freakin' chemical wasteland.

I dont need a siggy no moar.

I think it is absolutely absurd that ANYONE, let alone the government, thinks they have the right to tell me what I can and cannot do if what I choose to do doesn't result in any injured parties or complaints.

I'm an adult, not a child.

So um... I big resounding YES.

*toke*

:shock:

Pardon me? The government dictates your rights to you. The government says you don't take a potentially harmful drug, then you don't take a potentially harmful drug. However, I am against the legality of cigarettes, and although it is childish, I've always been of the opinion that if smoking is legal, then cannabis should be legal as well.

@ Above poster: Tobacco is a "freakin' plant" too.

[English translation needed]

Above poster has a name ;)

I know it is, but the cigarette* itself is full of chemicals.OVER 4000!!!

A joint of cannabis isnt full of any/as much?

It would be. Marijuana is just that. Marijuana. Tobacco is just that, tobacco. A cigarette is OH GOD BURNING

A future cannabis cigarette would be bad as well.

Try to imagine how little I care.

Nope, not quite. Try again.

[English translation needed]

It would be. Marijuana is just that. Marijuana. Tobacco is just that, tobacco. A cigarette is OH GOD BURNING

A future cannabis cigarette would be bad as well.

That's why vaporization is the way to go! Next to no tar, smoke, or any evidence that you've been smoking, other than you're high.

... Now you've made me wanna go smoke, and I'm clean out. -.-

mssigqc5.jpgI do English to Japanese and Japanese to English translation for free! Just keep it under 5 sentences, and PM me to use my fluency in Japanese to your advantage!

i'm for it. it is safer than some of the leagally perscribed drugs out there and is the safest illegal drug.

It's not uncommon to hear of "stoned accidents" (I've had a couple myself) and, less commonly, pot-related fatalities. e.g.

"Marijuana use prior to injury was determined prospectively in 1023 patients injured as the result of vehicular (67.6%) and nonvehicular (32.4%) trauma. Most were men (72.8%); most were 30 years of age or younger (58.4%). All were admitted directly from the scene of injury. [Marijuana] was detected in 34.7% of subjects."

[1]

Marijuana alone (without alcohol) was detected in 18.3% patients. Its likely that a significant number of these accidents could have been avoided had the individual not smoked beforehand.

doesn't kanabis also stay in your system a long time after youve smoked it? wouldn't that mean that a number of people that tested positive for it could have smoked it long before ever getting into a vehicle?

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

I have plenty of friends who take drugs and they respect that I don't do it anymore because I have a baby to take care of but I sit down with them, I don't judge them and help to educate them properly if they're going to put something in to their body. And it is helpful because they then tell their friends who tell their friends, who tell their friends. And it may help somewhere down the line.

Whatever floats your boat, I agree with doing what you please with your own body but I do believe people need to be educated PROPERLY on the usages of the drug so they know real facts/risks (not the propaganda bs) before they make any decisions. The education at the moment is extremely poor and I would like to see more substance abuse counsellors give health lessons.

If I had a dollar for every doped up teenager I came across and asked them whether they knew x...y...or z about smoking marijuana and they didn't even have a clue. Sure do whatever you want with your body but jesus christ, at least educate yourself on what you're putting in there. I'm not trying to be rude either but people should have a little bit of respect for themselves.

igoddessIsig.png

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.

Honestly I only skimmed them, but I got the gist of most counter arguments.

1) Pot is addictive. As of now, it's very much so because the dealers want you to keep buying. If govt regulated, this probably won't change much. They'll certainly take stuff like amonia and battery acid out though. But even if it wasn't full of nicotine or whatever, it is possible to be addicted to the feeling of being high

Are you saying there's nicotine in marijuana? Because that's what it sounds like.

What do you mean by positive effects? Because it brings many people happiness and relaxation.

6) Drugs will consume your money through inevitable addiction. Not good.

Material things will consume your money through inevitable addiction. Not good.

6a) some people truly don't get addicted, but...it's not all that common

Citation, s'il vous plait.

7)Pot has long lasting effects whether you know it or not. Just cause you can't see them now doesn't mean you won't be able to in a decade or so.

Your refering to heavy chronic use right? Venomai has already addressed this issue.

8) smoking is all around unpleasant.

To you.

9) To field NOM_ANOR's point, merely the theory that human curiosity will take over and lead down the road to harder stuff. I can't asy it'll always happen, but...I'm sure it'll be frequent enough to make a point out of.

And what of it?

10) If we legalize it, the retract the decision...it'll end up like a gang version of the prohibition mess.

Don't retract it.

It should just be legal but not sold by any companies, and if sold by companies, pure.

It's a freakin' plant.

Cigarettes are a freakin' chemical wasteland.

Yes, let's rewrite our laws to accommodate for people who don't want to buy marijuana, or anything for that matter, from evil corporations who are out to steal your money. :wall:

Cigarettes can be 100% organic tobacco and can be cheaper that way too (if you roll them yourself). People just find it more convienent to buy already made machine rolled cigarettes. You could compare the situation to someone buying an apple over a bag of potato chips.

Says the slave-to-the-system...

Huh? :lol:

Your internet articles are not sources, and far from factual.

Are you kidding? The claims in both articles are supported by well-cited academic research. They are indeed factual and credible.

Are you trolling? Or do you actually believe this crap?

By the way, good luck in your (pointless) quest to change Washington's opinion on marijuana.

Pointless? :lol: Medicinal and even non-medicinal marijuana has already been decriminalized in a number of states. In the last couple of decades alone, support for marijuana decriminalization has grown rapidly among the American public.

By the way, I am not a "stoner." I smoke weed because I enjoy it, not because I am a seeking the short-lived "thrill" of rebelling against authority (or, as it seems to be in your case, my parents). Besides, where I live in Canada, cops tend not give a damn when they see somebody smoking a joint. Hell, we even have a number of "pot coffee-shops" in our major cities, some of them even supply vaporizers and/or pot to patrons.

I feel as if no one read my post on page 2, which probably means it was very useful. I sorta hate how tif'ers tend not to quote and expand on other people's opinions unless they can prove them wrong on a small technicality -.-

I suggest you read some of those replies again...

I don't really care to pick through each of your claims. Most of them are not supported by any amount of credible research. I strongly suggest you take your "drug education" class with a grain of salt.

This is where I find the argument very bias in a seemingly unintended way. If and when studies occur, it's about the main drug, not the drug you bought last week from a dealer. The two are almost completely opposite. Even if cannabis has no harmful effect, or even if it's helpful, what's stopping someone from putting chemicals that are physically addicting just to keep you coming back for more? Nothing.

hopesolopatriot.jpg

Try to imagine how little I care.

Nope, not quite. Try again.

Thats very sensible of you.