The Chronicles of Dagon'Hai - Runescape Movie -

Den

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would really love to help, as long as the gear involved doesnt run far over my budget. ::'

The trailer was great though :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

pendulumsig.png

138 Combat as of Summer 2010 - Retired Summer 2010

i'm in for this den, not sure when 7pm gmt is in pst *i'm still confused with the time change.* but i can play both parts if needed as i have both full sets. talk to me on msn when u get the chance, when i log into it

modjohan.jpg

l_the_seer_l.png

I am known only as The Seer. I have many names and many different forms. Cross me at your own risk, fight me at your own peril, but join me and fight by my side, and none shall stand before our power.

Owner of the Quest, Firemaking*2-12-08*, Fletching, Magic, Defense, Cooking, HP, Attack, Strength, Herblore, Summoning, Farming and Prayer Capes.

Any link to a timezone thing so I can see when 1-2gmt time is in my timezone ? (newfoundland timezone)

I don't know which mod did this. I don't know why they did it. If they're looking for money, I can tell them I don't have any as I'm a student. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over 4 years of RuneScape. Skills that I have worked hard for and people like them can't take them away. If they give me my particles back now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for them, I will not pursue them. But if they don't, I will look for them, I will find them, and they won't like what'll happen

Wow, I'm glad some folks still make RuneScape machinima! Its a rare sight these days.

And you have some skill in this; even a rarer sight. The first two trailers were whatever, but the third one, the first 42 seconds, that told me you had skill and an editing program better than Windows Movie Maker. I'm sure you'll make a great movie out of this, both story-wise and effect wise...but...

Are you going to have voice actors in it? You said it yourself, who would watch a RS movie for an hour and a half? Not many since most RuneScape videos are silent with horrible transitions. But you have great transitions; makes the eyes continue watching it but will the ears? Music is not going to cut it, you're going to need some sort of voice acting. You have talent, more than the average machinimtor, but without voicing its gonna be a bit dull; reading instead of hearing.

You should seriously consider it. And if you haven't done so, you should share it on other websites. Other RS forums and machinima sites. You got something good brewing here, and I can't wait to see the finished product. ::'

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Any link to a timezone thing so I can see when 1-2gmt time is in my timezone ? (newfoundland timezone)

The easiest way to not get daylight saving mixed into all of this is to follow the Runescape official forum time.

Just go there, make a post, then compare your time of the post to when 7 PM would be.

To Nick:

I have been experimenting with voice acting recently, and you are right about it being very dull if one has to read everything.

Currently, I have plans on adding voices aswell as text in the movie.

A few weeks ago, I put out a video asking if anyone was interested in voice acting.

I got a few entries in, around 5 or 6. I will be needing more though.

Voice acting will be taken care of when the time comes for it to be added.

If anyone reading this is interested, feel free to send me a message on YouTube or here. ;)

I'll come if possible and don't forget. ::'

Loved first trailer and latest one. <3:

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

Den, wish i could help but the times you have are while I'm at school. BTW DAGON'HAI FTW!!! And if you ever need someone with Full Black Leet and is after 7pm GMT I'm good to help! Keep rockin den! :thumbsup:

Adventure_Time_by_Titan_of_Tacos.png

They are ok, but I think you really need to tighten some parts up. Like, first thing that comes to my mind is the scene where you're killing monks...lousy monks...and you hit a few 0s with your spells. I would retape the scene until you can possibly one hit each of the monks or at least not hit the zeros. You want us to be afraid of these characters, right? Well, I'm laughing at them.

Secondly, some of the language seems a little bit juvenile. It's as though you can tell it's a younger person or a child writing some of the text. This isn't a criticism against you, but if you want us to be more afraid of the characters you have to mature them.

And lastly, I don't understand how a child throwing a snowball can break this supposed legendary sword. At that point I was like...wow...I'm not sure if I'm supposed to be taking this seriously ot laughing the whole way through. Don't want to confused your audiences, you know. Make dramatic parts clearly dramatic and then add bits of comedy in small but obvious doses.

And also, I like how you had the character walking to places like the cave for dramatic effect, but it got overbearing. If you make me watch you walk around for 2 out of 5 of the minutes, I'm going to get bored.

In short, great job, but nothing spectacular. I just think things need tightened.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

They are ok, but I think you really need to tighten some parts up. Like, first thing that comes to my mind is the scene where you're killing monks...lousy monks...and you hit a few 0s with your spells. I would retape the scene until you can possibly one hit each of the monks or at least not hit the zeros. You want us to be afraid of these characters, right? Well, I'm laughing at them.

Secondly, some of the language seems a little bit juvenile. It's as though you can tell it's a younger person or a child writing some of the text. This isn't a criticism against you, but if you want us to be more afraid of the characters you have to mature them.

And lastly, I don't understand how a child throwing a snowball can break this supposed legendary sword. At that point I was like...wow...I'm not sure if I'm supposed to be taking this seriously ot laughing the whole way through. Don't want to confused your audiences, you know. Make dramatic parts clearly dramatic and then add bits of comedy in small but obvious doses.

And also, I like how you had the character walking to places like the cave for dramatic effect, but it got overbearing. If you make me watch you walk around for 2 out of 5 of the minutes, I'm going to get bored.

In short, great job, but nothing spectacular. I just think things need tightened.

(You didnt say anything about the latest one.) :-w

The first trailer was very hard to make. I couldnt find anyone willing to help.

Almost everyone either said "Nah, I have better things to do" or "I dont have dagon hai robes".

It is the first trailer though, so of course some things will change for the final piece.

(There were no 0's by the way. They got hit 2 times with both hits dealing damage.)

For the second one, everything was done fairly fast

I was rushed to get it done before christmas, and I even found some clips with faults in after I uploaded it.

The sword was ancient, and I believe he said that when he found it.

You could think of it as a very sensetive barrows weapon, then think of it getting hit with 3 balls of ice.

The second one doesnt have any clips for the movie itself. It was made as a holiday thing.

Anyway, now that I have more people willing to help, the scenes will be getting better.

I may or may not be available to help out on Friday. 7 PM is an iffy time for me because its 6 PM my time - dinner time. If I can be there I'll be wearing Dagon'Hai robes. May I ask what we'll be doing though? Since it is at Clan Wars I am assuming it's gonna be a colossal fight?

I loved the first trailer, really cool. You're right though, I wouldn't be happy sitting watching it for an hour and a half but I'd gladly watch it in a couple of installments.

Christmas special I thought was rather dumb though. Kudos for having the balls to drop a God Sword on the ground = P

Second trailer looks quite good as well. I loved the teleporting part with all the Dagon'Hai members though. Looked pretty good.

1 Hour Left!

I know I didnt post this a long time ago, but I am missing a very important scene I will be using in my upcoming trailer.

I need as many White Knights and Dagon'Hai people I can get.

Here are the details on when I need everyone to meet up.

Date: Friday, March 27th

Time: 7 PM Gmt.

Where: Clan Wars

World: 99

What do you need?

Either a full set of Initiate/Proselyte or White Armor if you have plans on joining the White Knights.

or

Dagon'Hai Hat, Top and Bottoms.

You can wear any other accesories you like as long as you have the main equipment on.

If you think you can make it, please post saying so.

I will be pming around my friends list the coming days aswell for more people.

Requirements:

Dagon'Hai:

• Have completed "What Lies Below" Quest.

Killed Bork atleast once.

White Knight:

• Have completed "Recruitment Drive" Quest for Initiate.

Have completed "Slug Menace" Quest for Proselyte.

Have completed "Wanted!" Quest for White Knight Armor.

Note, you only need 1 of those quests completed.

I also dont know if you need any quests completed to wear White Knight Armor.

I hope many of you can make it.

The more that come, the better the scene will be.

Den you have to complete recruitment drive to do slug menace. I might not be able to go now though. :(

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

1 Hour Left!

I know I didnt post this a long time ago, but I am missing a very important scene I will be using in my upcoming trailer.

I need as many White Knights and Dagon'Hai people I can get.

Here are the details on when I need everyone to meet up.

Date: Friday, March 27th

Time: 7 PM Gmt.

Where: Clan Wars

World: 99

What do you need?

Either a full set of Initiate/Proselyte or White Armor if you have plans on joining the White Knights.

or

Dagon'Hai Hat, Top and Bottoms.

You can wear any other accesories you like as long as you have the main equipment on.

If you think you can make it, please post saying so.

I will be pming around my friends list the coming days aswell for more people.

Requirements:

Dagon'Hai:

• Have completed "What Lies Below" Quest.

Killed Bork atleast once.

White Knight:

• Have completed "Recruitment Drive" Quest for Initiate.

Have completed "Slug Menace" Quest for Proselyte.

Have completed "Wanted!" Quest for White Knight Armor.

Note, you only need 1 of those quests completed.

I also dont know if you need any quests completed to wear White Knight Armor.

I hope many of you can make it.

The more that come, the better the scene will be.

yay....not long now.

2Xeo5.png