5 years of runescape 2.

FirenLazah

Dont know why anyone hasn't posted this yet but, today marks the 5th year of Runescape 2 being out. (Unless this is the wrong forum but I doubt it)

5 years. Thats pretty long tbh. So how far do you think Runescape 2 has come along since then? I think the game has vastly improved. But there still are things that need to be changed. Such as the gameplay. Such as the fact that we still have click and wait skills, quests that just make us do things with no real interesting plot, and other things I cant think of...

So what do you think?

kazmahalfsize.png

RS2 (from inception) was a radically immature creation compared to the RS2 of today. Things have definitely improved from since then. I can't see your 'click and wait' argument though - this game is one giant "click and wait" game, if you asked me :lol:

It's improved. And here's hoping that it gets exponentially better over the next five years.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

Happy birthday rs2 :lol:

I think a lot has changed in the 5 years, its a very different game than what it was when rs2 came out :P

A lot more will change as well, who knows what runescape will be like in another 5 years? :o

Oh, and I agree this kind of is a click and wait game, I doubt that will go :P And, with quest lines coming to an end, hopefully they will be more interesting ::'

r4x9.png

260pifq.jpg
gikxIau.png

I think the click and wait style of the game will stay, it's nice in a weird way, not needing much effort (yes I'm lazy). I would've liked a little post on the Main Page to say that it's 5 years, not an event.

People keep calling runescape, runescape HD now, not runescape 2 O.o.

Blame Jagex for that, but it does make sense. The High Detail update has made the game feel completely different, in a good way. I remember selecting the 'High Detail' option for the first time, and my dad comes in and says 'What game are you playing now?'. :lol:

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Same style of movement, and relatively same game code. So yes, it's still RS2.

Actually they just updated the style of movement. :P

5 years of RS2, 5 more years to go. :D

(from then on it slowly dies out with no updates :( )

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

5 years and i still love playing runescape2! pfft who needs a girlfriend!

Who else is gonna make you a sandwich when you're crafting nats for 10 hours straight?

Who else is gonna make you a sandwich when you're crafting nats for 10 hours straight?

A colony of Egyptians each half the size of my fingernail.

*whips* move that pickle! We must have this glorious sandwich finished by high noon! Otherwise the gods will be angry, and may be enticed to spill my hot tea all over you!

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Your mum :D

recci-518.png

i'm older than scape 2 ;)

Then your older than Jagexs target market... ( ::' ojin)

The game may have changed massively in 5 years but it is still Rs2, will be interesting to see if it continues standing the test of time for another 5 years. Personally I think there'll still be an Rs 5 years down the line but whether it'll be Rs2 as the main game Im not really sure.

Theres a fine line between not listening and not caring,

I like to think I walk this line every day.

Pinning blame on Jagex is like trying to put pants on an old man.

You both know he needs them, but he'll just keep dancing around, avoiding them at all costs.

http://news.runescape.com/newsitem.ws?id=204

It's finally here, the RS2 beta has ended. And you can start playing it for real! We have reset everyone's RS2 saves for the last time, so from now on all that you do and everything you gain in the new game will permanently affect your real character.

Ah, good times. The beta was fun, tho.

ren_tbv450.png

Mechscape World (the original MechScape fansite)

I don't know if there is already a thread about this, but RS2 is five years old today. :o

Happy birthday runescape. ::'

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

I don't think it's improved. I think it's gotten worse.

But I'm just another of those Old Timers that loved runescape the way it was and dislike it now, but I still love it, just compared to old runescape, it sucks.

-=EB World=-

-Sara - 13 hilt 43 ss

-Bandos - 1 BCP, 1 Hilt