Should I, A) Stay Pure B) Get Defense?

Trevace

The main reason I created this account was that I wanted a pure for my main account. I promised myself I wouldn't get Defense, Prayer or Summoning.

Well it didn't take me long to realize that I need at least one of those skills to be effective at pking, so I decided on getting Prayer.

Now I look at all the benefits of getting defense, particularly to Level 70, where I could wield Armadyl which would greatly improve the effectiveness of my Range. 70 Defense is also greatly effective for my Magic and Melee stats. Getting Defense means I can also complete a LOT more quests, therefore a higher trade limit.

The question is, should I stay a 1 defense pure, or should I get 70 Defense?

If I do decide to get 70 Defense, I'll also be getting 70 Attack for Dharoks.

(NOTE: I will NEVER train summoning.)

Trevace.png

If it bleeds, We can kill it.

Trevace.png

I'd say get 70 def and 70 att and then get str up as high as possible. And I dont think armadyl is going to 'greatly' improve your effectiveness at range. It does look the business though.

867de2w.jpg

What can I say? I'm a rebel, like Ché Guevara.

8fcsy9s.jpg

What the hell is Ash doing while Team Rocket says their rhyme?

Do what you feel you will most enjoy in the longrun. I personally don't raise my defence because I feel there would be no challenge to the game if I did so. If you feel things are getting tough, raise it and see how you like it. ::'

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

Don't get defense. Leave it at 1. There are alot of successfull pures out there with 1Def who would tell you that its a wise option.

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

**Thanks to Boo_Boy666 for my amazing Singnature**

[hide=Slaytanicc's Achievments]|99Cooking achieved 24Dec 2008|99Strength achieved 17Feb 2009|99Hit Points achieved 8April 2009|

|99Defense achieved 29May 2009|99Attack achieved 2August 2009|99Ranged achieved 14August 2009|[/hide]

[hide=Guides by Slaytanicc]Aviansie Maging + Ranging Guide (Must Read!!)

Iron Mining + Banking Guide

Green Dragons Guide

Ankou Slaying Guide[/hide]

Defence!!!! You need this for so many things in the game. ::'

http://sign.tip.it/1/6/24/304/lady_scm.png

Drops/Clue Finds:

Shield left half: 1,Dragon plateskirt: 1, Warrior's Helm: 1, Obsidian Cape: 1, Robin Hood Hat: 1, Dragon Platelegs: 1, Dragon Boots: 4, Amulet of Ranging: 1

Defence!!!! You need this for so many things in the game. ::'

This is why asking this in the question section is a bad idea, no offense cookie.

I'd say wait for the new bh in the wild comes out, it should have the same level scheme as wild (your level +1 combat for every level of the wild)

yes.png

Get defense. You'll be able to do whatever you want. Why be a low-level without the old wildy rules held in place? What benefit does it give you?

I would take it back even more and say what good has it been since they stopped the pking of RS classic, 3 hits then you are allowed to run.

Also, why are you not training summoning. The levels you obtain from that do not count toward your levels in PvP unless you are using a familiar. (at least this is what I have been lead to believe)

Apparently, my signature was to big.

Keep 1 def. 1 defence is just so hot, and there's a large chance thqat you'll regret it later, because of the work you put into the account. Training with 1 defence is very difficult.

Dragon drops: 82 (2 claws)

Dagannoth kings drops: 73

Barrows item count: 51

GWD drops: 54 (5 hilts: 1x bandos, 3x saradomin, 1x zamorak)

Whips: 4

Sigils: 1x spectral (FFA), 1x arcane (FFA)

At 3 def (by accidents..), 75 att and 86 str, (cb lvl I think I was 73 or something)

I always got rushed (dds-style in the good ol' days) so I went rune pure on my a$$. Best thing I've ever done. And 70 def really was necessairy because now you've got d claws, ags, and much more.

Do it. Get def. It won't let you down. :)

DERBO_PK.png

nice.jpg

derbo_pk.png

If you like def, stick with your main. A 1 def pker is great fun, and ought to be kept that way. Dont ruin it even further with def.

I have a 40 attack, 87 stre, 1 def, 1 pray pure that owns up big time in F2P PvP, and I have a ball. 40 def, 44 pray would ruin it for me, even though I could train better, tank better in wars etc. It would put me up with the level 80 rune wearers, and no longer could I pk other pures.

With the new wildy due to be released shortly, I would stick with your 1 def pure until such time as all details are released. You dont want to ruin it now, only to find out that your 1 deffer would have ruled big time do you!

The debate is great guys!

Seems as though the win is going towards keeping 1 defense though..

I wouldn't get it any higher than 70 if I did get it though, it's a pretty tough decision...

Trevace.png

If it bleeds, We can kill it.

Trevace.png

Stay 1 defence, it's true that it is useful, but if you get 70, you'll want 80, then 99 and then you're not a pure anymore imo. I can say my 116 main is a pure then too with his 80 defence, and I just wanted to get 85 attack and 89 str, yeah i'm a pure too?

1 Defence is awesome if you ask me, not only is it a challenge to kill others with higher defence, also the day-to-day playing gets more interesting as more things are disabled, you can't train there, or do that what makes it even harder but it's possible and if you succeed, you'll be so much happier than with 70 defence.

ooh eeh ooh ahah, ting tang wallawallabingbang m8

If you do decide to get defense, doing it sooner rather than later would be a mistake. If you get defense RIGHT NOW then you are little more than a main who will get owned, get atleast 85 or 90 strength first

yes.png