Have you honored Brassica Prime today? The Great Cabbatical!

strilmus

[hide=Pic of me finishing up]cabbageland.png[/hide]

Basically, all you do is kick a cabbage from the patch south of Falador all the way to Oo'glog, which is the ogre hot springs. It's not impossible, just improbable.

Described as "quite possibly the longest game of Skullball you've ever played", the perils are few but annoying: tight passages, aggressive monsters, and every single bystander who wants to interfere, knowingly or not.

The ones who make it through the whole ordeal get the honor of speaking to a giant cabbage. And maybe trying to kill it. I didn't have the gall to see if I could.

If you've done it, post your pic here!

Yeah, I'm wondering the same thing.

Was there a hint in the forums or something? How would anyone know to kick it specifically to Oo'glog?

I asked that too... :(

Being the person that discovered this whole thing I think I can shed some light on just why someone would kick it there. There were NO hints and I cannot stress that enough, I didn't even expect anything for getting to Oo'glog. I first tried to see how far a cabbage could go after seeing Mod Ash post on the RSOF that the cabbages could be kicked pretty far from Draynor, and that was what got me started.

Anyways, the journey of the first cabbage and discovery of Brassica Prime:

[hide=The great cabbage discovery] Thought first to see if I could kick it up through Falador but then figured that was too easy.

Decided to cross White Wolf Mountain and get it all the way to Seers.

After a run in with some noob in Catherby I figured I should kick it south down to Ardougne.

Made it there, continued to kick south past the Tower of Life, really for no reason other than to see how far it could go.

Got to Yanille and decided to go as far south as possible, might as well, made it that far.

Entered the hunter area easy enough and made up my mind, Oo'glog charter ship would be my destination, I would take screenshots and then go brag about it.

Lined up my kick, shot the cabbage into Oo'glog and Brassica Prime showed up, my jaw dropped.

Posted on the RSOF I found Brassica Prime by kicking all the way to Oo'glog, people called me a liar and I was pranking them.

A few people showed up, saw I actually had a cabbage there but there was no Brassica Prime, some called me a liar as if I made that part up.

Mod Hulme showed up briefly and said "Try another cabbage."

A couple of the people there decided to try for themselves, they believed me.

Mod Ash PMed me saying how shocked the staff was that I found it so fast. Even thought I may have been a Jmod's normal account. I'm not.

A few nonbelievers set out to do it and prove me wrong, I was banned from the cabbage kicking clan chat.

One hour and about 50 minutes later, cabbage #2 made it into Oo'glog and the rest is history![/hide]

So really was just someone that wanted to push cabbage to its limits and stumbled across a well hidden secret. All an accident.

Cabbage!

The RSOF thread that started it all, page 8 is the discovery. And if anyone is wondering what Mod Ash's post originally said at the bottom of page 8, it said "I just heard one of the developers just made it over White Wolf Mountain!"

Hope that answered any questions. Now go honor Brassica Prime, he's only here a week.

8f14270694.jpg

I envision someone standing near him kicking away balls that come close just to annoy people. And they would be VERY annoyed...

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

I envision someone standing near him kicking away balls that come close just to annoy people. And they would be VERY annoyed...

Actually, that's what somebody did (unintentionally, of course, since they had no idea what was going on). I was about to get in when he was standing in the doorway, and after a 5 minute scuffle, I managed to shake him off and guide the cabbage through the gate.

8f14270694.jpg

Brassica Prime is basically the same to cabbages as Marimbo is for all ape/monkey creatures.

This was mentioned in a development diary "behind the scenes" during a previous time such as this.

8f14270694.jpg

what is the backstory to this... entity?

The behind the scenes april of 2007. ;)

I did it, got it vidded aswell.

Its in the last half of the vid.

Youtube HD Video - This video will cause high CPU usage, to view the video in a lower quality, please click here.

You went through Yanille? I just went around the SE edge and cut through the middle of ogre country.

"Interesting" anecdote: along the way up white wolf mountain (er, that's the name, right?), I saw an abandoned inert cabbage sitting on the side of the road, its owner having given up and was long gone. I shed a tear.

8f14270694.jpg

So that's where Brassica Prime is.. anyone notice how close the first part of the name is to "grass"? Wouldn't that insult a cabbage, to be called "grass"? lol. ::'

whatcolor_isblue.jpg

Follower of Guthix

The quill is a miracle, for it drinks darkness and sheds light.

Oh right, by the way, I'm a girl. No more calling me a guy you lot~

Just like alot of things in runescape, i'll ask the question...

Who the HELL did this first?

Who had the idea to kick that thing, for over an hour to ooglug, and then finding out this thing, really amazes me what some people will do with their spare time :|

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

The same kind of people who play rs? (well, yes, word filter, that game too, but yeah)

Just take a good, hard look at what you do in this game. I mean, srsly. If I didn't have the perseverance to roll a vegetable over half the continent and over a mountain, I may as well just give up on a 99 right here.

8f14270694.jpg

Just like alot of things in runescape, i'll ask the question...

Who the HELL did this first?

Who had the idea to kick that thing, for over an hour to ooglug, and then finding out this thing, really amazes me what some people will do with their spare time :|

I did it before it was cool, at 9:15 AM Eastern time. 8-)

[hide=Brassica Prime]brassicaprimefirstever.png[/hide]

[hide=The mod messages that followed]modash3.png

modash5.png[/hide]

200000000.png

My Brassica Prime Adventure:

[hide=]brassicaprime.png

hailbp.png[/hide]

All Hail Brassica Prime!

Took me about 1.5 hours. I met up with some other worshippers on the way who made it quite fun. ::'

Didn't know I was supposed to speak to it.

I just got the cabbage there and there was a whole bunch of fireworks like getting 99 and the big cabbage said hooray.

You don't have to kill it or anything.

I have an after the fact pic, because somehow it didn't take when I did it with the big cabbage jumping for joy.

brassicaprime.jpg

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

090401212327.png

About an hour-hour and a half long walk >.<

Got really annoying when people started randomly kicking them at places like Catherby and woodcutting spots, I just had to tell them off ::' . Otherwise, I just went to the least populated areas possible.

i thought this was how you got sailing experience

2076zix.png

oh well, gf 2hrs of my life

ps: for anyone wondering, yes i did this before the new quest :wall:

29bc22o.png

[hide=drops]10 black masks, 39 dragon boots, 21 whip, 9 dark bow, 7 dragon legs, 8 mauls, 3 dragon left half, 2 dragon spear, 2 hexcrest, 1 kbd heads, 10 dragon med, 2 R ammy, 2 granite legs, 1 bandos boots , 1 bandos hilt , 1 bandos chestplate, 1 saradomin sword(ls), 2 dragon claws(ls)(solo)[/hide]

[hide=Viralaether's guide to Mac use]1) take your mac

2) drop it off your roof

3) ??????

4) Profit![/hide]1/7/9 quest cape ||| 5/6/9 all diaries ||| 7/14/9 300 rank MA ||| 4998th to 99 summoning on 2/27/10

I FINALLY got my cabbage from Falador to Oog'log... and then someone else talked to Brassica Prima and took my reward. -.-

[yt]Vdyc4658o20[/yt]

(It's still processing)

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

IRC Nick: Hiroki | 99 Agility | Max Quest Points | 138 Combat

Bandos drops: 20 Hilt | 22 Chestplate | 21 Tassets | 14 Boots

You have to kick it there? You can't pick it up and carry it?

Ah well.

ARTIST: Arrogant Worms

TITLE: Carrot Juice Is Murder

Listen up, brothers and sisters

Come hear my desperate tale

I speak of our friends of nature

Trapped in the dirt like a jail

Vegetables live in oppression

Served on our tables each night

This killing of veggies is madness

I say we take up the fight

Salads are only for murderers

Cole slaw's a fascist regime

Don't think that they don't have feelings

Just 'cause a radish can't scream

{Refrain}

I've heard the screams of the vegetables, scream scream scream

Watching their skins being peeled, having their insides revealed

Grated and steamed with no mercy, burning off calories

How do you think that feels, bet it hurts really bad

Carrot juice constitutes murder, and that's a real crime

Greenhouses prisons for slaves, let my vegetables grow

It's time to stop all this gardening, it's dirty as hell

Let's call a spade a spade, it's a spade it's a spade it's a spade

I saw a man eating celery

So I beat him black and blue

If he ever touches a sprout again

I'll bite him clean in two

I'm a political prisoner

Trapped in a windowless cage

'Cause I stopped the slaughter of turnips

By killing five men in a rage

I told the judge when he sentenced me

"This is my finest hour

I'll kill those farmers again

Just to save one more cauliflower"

{Refrain}

How low as people do we dare to stoop

Making young broccolis bleed in the soup

Untie your beans, uncage your tomatoes

Set potted plants free, don't mash that potato, ah

I've heard the screams of the vegetables scream scream scream

Watching their skins being peeled fates in the stir fry are sealed

Grated and steamed with no mercy you fat gourmet scum

How do you think that feels leave them out in the fields

Carrot juice constitutes murder V8's genocide

Greenhouses prisons for slaves yes your compost's a grave

It's time to stop all this gardening take up macramé

Let's call a spade a spade it's a spade it's a spade it's a spade

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

Yeah, I'm wondering the same thing.

Was there a hint in the forums or something? How would anyone know to kick it specifically to Oo'glog?

Dr Locust <-- Click for my blog...

Dr_Locust.png

+2000 Total, PhD in Questing, Woodcutting, Agility, Thieving, and Firemaking

67njlaf.jpg