3rd April 2009 - Forums for High level F2P'ers!

Wingless

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice job. F2P has actually deserved this for quite a while now. I think the forums needs some free-to-play influence.

compfreak847 - If you are really 32 maybe you should stop acting like a 12 year old. ;)

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

So, as you can see jagex wants free players to have fun as well, and having fun is more important to us than making as much money as possible.

Like I said, they'll tell you whatever they want. The fact doesn't change that they are a buisness, with the sole goal of making money. Not to give customers that warm fuzzy feeling.

compfreak847 - If you are really 32 maybe you should stop acting like a 12 year old. ;)

Wasn't aware that I was, feel free to point out a few examples.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Like I said, they'll tell you whatever they want. The fact doesn't change that they are a buisness, with the sole goal of making money. Not to give customers that warm fuzzy feeling.

And as a business it would be in their best interest to take comments and suggestions from ALL customers (and potential customers) in order to maintain and grow their business. It really isn't that hard to understand. Let the f2p'rs who are serious about this game make a few suggestions to help improve. It's really a win-win for Jagex.

Torlen.png

Unless you're actually employed by Jagex or have some sort of relation with a Jagex employee, you couldn't possibly know for a fact that in the end Jagex will expect money from this.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/business/career_and_jobs/best_100_companies/article1476967.ece

Notice how Jagex isn't listed as a 'non profit' organization? Yeah, that means they are interested in making money, not giving their customers a warm fuzzy feeling :roll:

Where did I post that Jagex were a non-profit organization? Please, direct me to a specific post with those specific words.

I never said that Jagex are commited to giving customer satisfaction, so it isn't really necessary to bring that up for whatever reason. But since you posted that, all hope for an intelligent discussion is gone.

If you choose to quote this, don't expect a reply from me. :roll:

Only fear God,

Know the weapons of the weak,

The weakness of the hard.

Yes, but this is a minor loss in profits for a very warm fuzzy feeling =D.

I personally think its a good tradeoff!!!

O.O

Where did I post that Jagex were a non-profit organization? Please, direct me to a specific post with those specific words.

I never said that Jagex are commited to giving customer satisfaction, so it isn't really necessary to bring that up for whatever reason. But since you posted that, all hope for an intelligent discussion is gone.

If you choose to quote this, don't expect a reply from me. :roll:

Nowhere, you just suddenly thought that a business would want to feel good about itself instead of earn money.

And as a business it would be in their best interest to take comments and suggestions from ALL customers (and potential customers) in order to maintain and grow their business. It really isn't that hard to understand. Let the f2p'rs who are serious about this game make a few suggestions to help improve. It's really a win-win for Jagex.

Already discussed that. We're talking specifically about updates that DON'T earn Jagex money or any other sort of benefit.

I think Jagex are trying to get rid of the old "Jagex only want your money" claims by doing stuff like this :thumbsup:

I didn't see any plans for a non-profit organization on the Jagex website, so I see no reason to view this as anything other then promotional BS.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Already discussed that. We're talking specifically about updates that DON'T earn Jagex money or any other sort of benefit.

You're finished discussing it, but I replied to a post 2 or 3 above mine? I'm pretty sure what I said is very relevant to the quoted reply. Allowing f2p to use the forums DON'T earn Jagex money, but it still helps helps them in the sense that they are only allowing those who are serious about the game on the boat. If you can't handle a bit of inference I don't mind hand-holding you through some of this stuff.

Off topic - I admire your ability to argue with the OP in nearly every post on these forums. It's a very err.. nice.. quality. Even when you are alone in your ideology and you constantly refuse to listen reason, you always manage to stick to your guns until you get bored and decide another post is worthy of destruction. Bravo good sir =D>

Torlen.png

Hope they don't do it in a week. :? If I become F2P before they update it, my Total xp might allow me into the Forums. :P

Master of Attack ~ August 29th, 2010

Proud to have served the awesome Tip.It Crew <3

4bbb67ec44.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

[

Old quote sorry, this topic moves too quick for ma skin.

Yes, f2p'ers outnumber members by a lot. So what? It's not the players that matter, it's the servers. Jagex maintains an almost equal amount of servers for each type, with a little more for f2p.

I mean, think about it. Inactive accounts effectively cost Jagex nothing. True, it takes up memory space, but memory space isn't a continuous cost, so it doesn't really mean anything.

Hard drive space isn't free, and files must be carefully backed up and maintained. That said, I doubt storage is anything compared to bandwidth and processing power. But you get my point - that 7% of revenue from ads isn't covering over half the operating costs, and FTP is losing money.

But how do you know what the costs are?

As for hard drive space, all Jagex has to do is buy the hard drive. It's not like servers where you have to maintain them.

Why don't they make a separate set of forums for F2P'ers? That way, the regular RSOF wouldn't have to worry about the amount of spam doubling due to the influx of F2Pers.

Many seem to think that but how can you be absolutely sure that that will happen?

You can't, you simply can't prove that.

But you are so ignorant and stubborn that it's incredible how grown people or atleast people over 13 acts. Tbh my 11 year old brother would be surprised to read all this and know that kids from the first grade didn't write all this.

Does it mean the top 250k F2Pers get to post on forums?

I think the 250K includes former members too.

Why do I get the feeling that the RSOF is going to be very similar to the [bleep]fest in this thread?

I don't give a [cabbage] what anyone else things - F2P deserve the forums. They're just as human as you and me and they do a lot for the Runescape game. How many of you went straight to P2P when joining? -.-

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

I believe compfreak used to be pure f2p; I wonder what happened. ::'

OT:

I wonder what the cutoff will be?

I'm thinking multiple requirements, such as total level, total time played, etc. However, a combat level requirement might be a problem for skillers.

f203f1850c.png

Well after "debating" *coughflamingcough* with compfreak for five pages, let it be known I got membership again. No more "freeloading" for me. :lol:

OT:

I'm thinking multiple requirements, such as total level, total time played, etc. However, a combat level requirement might be a problem for skillers.

It could also be multipule ways, like have 70 combat OR 900 total level OR play for 600 hours. But reallly, who knows.

I would hope the requirments are mildly high, but I don't think there are 250,000 F2Pers with above 80 combat stats or 1000 total level. Perhaps they're letting former members post as well, regardless of levels.

F2P need separate forums. I don't wanna see "THIS SHOULD BE FOR FREE PLAYERS 2!!!!" on nice, quiet, member areas.

Nice and quiet P2p areas? you obviously don't go onto the official forums....

Legil_galad2.png

Woodcutting does not raise your combat level because most people do not play as yew trees.

The QFC is: 13-14-635-58620892

As Mod Mmg commented, RuneScape is different from all other MMOs in that the free game has over 12,000 hours of game time to max out all the quests, skills, content, and truly stands alone in its own right. Were also continuing to improve the free game without taking anything away from members benefits - and thats where this update comes in.

So this means that f2p only gets aboout 12,000 hours of gameplay time before they are forced to leave the game? :o So this means f2p is a demo... Can someone explain this this because I might've misunderstood. :wall:

LOL.

You're finished discussing it, but I replied to a post 2 or 3 above mine? I'm pretty sure what I said is very relevant to the quoted reply. Allowing f2p to use the forums DON'T earn Jagex money, but it still helps helps them in the sense that they are only allowing those who are serious about the game on the boat. If you can't handle a bit of inference I don't mind hand-holding you through some of this stuff.

Not at all. They are allowing hundreds of thousands of players, not a few thousand elite FTPers. What would they know about PTP?

But how do you know what the costs are?

As for hard drive space, all Jagex has to do is buy the hard drive. It's not like servers where you have to maintain them.

Do you know much about storage in an enterprise environment? Hard drives fail. Backups are required. Massive amounts of critical data are very difficult to store, index, backup, and ensure no corruption takes place - all while having it online and ready to go at a moments notice.

DeviledEgg24.png

Funny how there's so much dissent here (most of which is based on old stereotypes :roll:), yet it seems like a majority of the people actually on RSOF support it. I'm curious to see how this turns out.

Funny how there's so much dissent here (most of which is based on old stereotypes :roll:), yet it seems like a majority of the people actually on RSOF support it. I'm curious to see how this turns out.

Whos argument is based on stereotypes? I'm using business principals for my argument, and the opposition is using humanitarian\charity principles. I'm trying to prove that Jagex is a business, not a charity. No stereotypes involved.

Also, off topic: Like it or not, but stereotypes are made for a reason.

fail-owned-cheerlead-fail.jpg?w=500&h=438

DeviledEgg24.png