Good Friday = Bad Friday!!

TheLad1

I got nailed by the same thing so don't feel too bad lol. I lost my bgs, fury, d legs, torso (noooo), and almost all of my bank went from 400m to 1.4m in around 45 mins. Im annoyed but not angry I also think its safe to say we all learned a very important lesson today, always read the address bar -.-

The_Stand.png

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OH MY GAWSH!!! thank goodness i didnt get this PM. i would have been terribly depressed because i wud have lost my stuff on my account... :cry: have we found out the main source of these PM's?

lucario.jpg

2w30t2a.png

beethovens29.png

Phishing

All I can say is lol

and

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: When they get arrested by the FBI for phishing.

Tbh the FBI don't care about your Runescape account.

You made the global announcements though man! Congratulations :lol:

Not true.

Yes, they don't care about runescape, but ANY form of phishing is ILLEGAL in the United States, and you can be charged with fraud.

i got this as well....cleaned my bank out of 80 mil....and i even had a pin.....so that didn't help if they got past it and i didn't put my pin on that site either....

[spoiler=Sig]oliboli1992.png

Oliboli1992.png

I like to think of the Dark Bow like a Rocket Propelled Grenade (RPG) - you get one shot and then you're screwed.

[hide=]This is the PM:

top_left.gif

Hello Tip.it users,

As you might, or might not know yet, Jagex has set up a new Poll to vote for the best Runescape fan site and community.

Tip.it are one of those sites that can win WITH your help!

The poll ends tomorow morning or afternoon, so there would be no cheating on the polls. Please vote for Tip.it!!

Links:

To vote for Tip.it:

Link Removed

To vote for any other community:

Link Removed

Again, this is very important event for us, so please vote!

(Not participating in this major event might cause you temporarily suspentions from our community, as it only takes 30 seconds to vote!!)

Thank you!

strip.gifstrip.gifstrip.gifstrip.gif

[/hide]

the red lettering makes it hard to read as my eyes dont like it, i think id just skim read it to.

Pit_Guardian.png

Gamertag: EFs Predator.

Games I play: Halo 3, Halo wars.

Phishing

All I can say is lol

and

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: When they get arrested by the FBI for phishing.

Not true.

Yes, they don't care about runescape, but ANY form of phishing is ILLEGAL in the United States, and you can be charged with fraud.

True, but what if they're not in the US... what then? :o

Also the so called FBI are going to be looking for REAL phishers, the ones that scam people out of real money not pixels.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

I got that PM too, but since it said that I would get banned from the community if I didn't answer it and that I know that the tip.it crew are nice people, I knew that it would steal my pass.

I was trying to do too many things at once & only skim read the PM - that was my 1st mistake!!!

Rule #1 of life, if you can't multitask; don't. D:

Haha. I got this too. Called him a loser and left it at that.

sadukar123.jpg

sadukar123.png

Drops:

Misc: Abyssal Whip x28 , Dark Bow x5, Beserker Ring x3, Warrior ring x1

Dragon: Dragon Platelegs x2 , Dragon Plateskirt x2, Dragon Boots x38, Dragon Med Helm x4, Shield left half x3

Godwars: Godsword shard x13, Bandos Hilt x3, Bandos Chestplate x6, Bandos Tassets x4, Bandos Boots x5, Saradomin Sword x1, Zamorakian Spear x1,. Armadyl Helm x2, Armadyl chestplate x2.

How is this a useless topic, had I seen this I wouldn't have clicked the link. My guess is it probably saved at least one person. As for the people he did get to it is our own fault, but as I said earlier, we all learned a valuable lesson.

The_Stand.png

Phishing

All I can say is lol

and

Not true.

Also the so called FBI are going to be looking for REAL phishers, the ones that scam people out of real money not pixels.

It's more then just the U.S though.

As I said ANY form of phishing is illegal.

A person in Europe was arrested for fraud because he stole a "virtual mask" and a "virtual sword" using a phishing website according to the news report.

What a useless topic.

What a useless comment - nice increase to post count.

Yes, I care alot about my post count and want to get it as high as possible, it's what I live for.

How is this a useless topic, had I seen this I wouldn't have clicked the link. My guess is it probably saved at least one person. As for the people he did get to it is our own fault, but as I said earlier, we all learned a valuable lesson.

If you are stupid enough to click it, then you should get hacked.

2j3qh46.jpg

I got the message, but it was edited so I couldn't click on anything.

I was curious on what the site looked like though. :-k

It looked just like the runescape page except for the login applet didn't have the jagex lock on it which really should have screamed don't do it at us. Otherwise, the site looked exactly the same.

And to the moron right above me, we all mess up at some point so you don't have to be a jerk about it to those of us who do.

The_Stand.png

I think we should just restrict chicken feather users more. There's no such thang as a player who just joined the site to send a pm to over 100 people with good intentions. If you ask me, you should be able to earn your right to send pm's: Get a post count of 100 first, then you can send AND receive pm's. before that, you can't do either. This will prevent hackers from joining the site and hacking dozens of accounts in one go, as well as preventing new site joiners from falling victim to these pm's they receive in their inbox.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

Not so much the restricting of pm's as perhaps hyperlinks in the messages. If those were disabled that would help, but it's not that the scam was good, we just messed up, this is the first time my account has ever been hacked and the timing happened to be spot on when I didn't bank my stuff, had they waited five minutes they would have gotten nothing -.- . They could perhaps restrict the amount of pm's to go off from an account in a day or something like that as well.

The_Stand.png

I got the message, but it was edited so I couldn't click on anything.

I was curious on what the site looked like though. :-k

It looked just like the runescape page except for the login applet didn't have the jagex lock on it which really should have screamed don't do it at us. Otherwise, the site looked exactly the same.

And to the moron right above me, we all mess up at some point so you don't have to be a jerk about it to those of us who do.

Ironic, calling me a moron while you are being the stupid one here.

2j3qh46.jpg

[hide=]
Phishing

All I can say is lol

and

Not true.

[/hide]

It's more then just the U.S though.

As I said ANY form of phishing is illegal.

A person in Europe was arrested for fraud because he stole a "virtual mask" and a "virtual sword" using a phishing website according to the news report.

Source plox?

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

I'm insulted. I didn't get this scam PM? Do those hackers think I'm some sort of poor noob? :evil:

Nah, jk, I'm glad I didn't get it. :lol:

But you know, stuff like this happens. It's just how ready you are.