Player's allignment to Zaros?

Unknown_Warrior

Going by the number of quests about Zaros you can conclude that, but I don't think we're bound to being his freer. Juna leads me to believe that we will have a choice in the matter, and I think the character acts more on the side of good, than 'zaros' whatever he is.

1000th post

4455.jpg

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Oscar Wilde

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Balance is power. Whatever happens, I shall remain loyal to Guthix. Plus, if Zaros is reborn, he's toast when Guthix wakes up and finds out...

I always considered that Zaros was basically an equal to guthix, Can't I support them both :?

2Xeo5.png

Balance is power. Whatever happens, I shall remain loyal to Guthix. Plus, if Zaros is reborn, he's toast when Guthix wakes up and finds out...

I think Zaros=Guthix=Seren=supreme desert god. Powerwise anyway.

I dont think of it like that... Probably because Zaros was overthrown, and Seren hasnt really done much we are aware of, I see it:

Guthix>Zaros>Seren=Desert God

erjypx.jpg

Just kidding ladies, you know I love you =D

Guide to Making Money with NPC Trading

I think Zaros=Guthix=Seren=supreme desert god. Powerwise anyway.

I dont think of it like that... Probably because Zaros was overthrown, and Seren hasnt really done much we are aware of, I see it:

Guthix>Zaros>Seren=Desert God

But Zaros had almost all of the mahjarrat turn against him, surely that counts for something. Then even after almost all the mahjarrat turned against him they still couldn't kill him. Now we know Saradomin=Zamorak

if

sara = zammy

serene = desert god

all other gods we dont know about = all ohter gods we dont know about

then what does guthix equal?

BY LOGIC, zaros would be the best choice. All of the gods still exist, but just to watch, including guthix.

NOT ZAROS

By guthix's own logic, his presence creates unbalance

--

That, or guthix isn't present at all in this world, that would preserve balance

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

I see it this way, our player happily skips around runescape helping people do lots and lots of things. We've gone so far as to see Mahjarrat like hazzeel (coulda helped) Lucien (coulda helped) ankothasa(sp?) azzandra(sp?) and a few more. Some are Zamorack "fans" some are Zaros, but either god is played up to be evil. Zamorack is more widely known as the "bad guy" Zaros also hasn't looked like a happy guy.

While Guthix Sleeps. That quest name never really mad sense, yea Guthix is taking a nap and while he's asleep Lucien went to be a (cabbage) and took the staff of Armadyl and Stone of Jas and became a tank. The widley belived to be the sequal was either a hint or "accedental" leak in to Quick chat, Mysteries of Mahjarrat. And as we were told in the muspah quest, they are gonna battle and sacrafice a Mahjarrat, again Zammy vs Zaros will probably be how it plays out. But, what side is lucien on? Lucien was amazingly strong in WGS and could only get stronger with the stone of Jas. He also has the Rejuvination of the mahjarrat to look forward to, so I can garentee, we saw Lucien at 1/2 maybe even 1/4 strength he will be after.

Imagine, stone of jas, staff of armadyl and rejuvination.

wow.

New Siggy in progress.

Proud Construction cape owner

So i just had a realization. It came from the jagex tipit interveiw.

Question 15

How do Quest NPC's die such as Duradell, but we always respawn?

An interesting question. From a story point of view, it may be that the Gods smile upon the player. From making cakes in Cooks Assistant to defeating Tormented Demons in While Guthix Sleeps, our protagonist plays a big part in the affairs of Runescape. Perhaps some deity is protecting our player for some greater purpose as yet unknown. As for a gameplay point of view: Perma-death is not to be taken lightly. The time put into raising skill levels and acquiring items is so enormous that wiping the slate clean, youll be glad to hear, is just not an option.

-- Mod Trick

The other person we know that this has happened to was Zannik, who was being used by Bandos and he would revive her upon death and whatnot. Maybe the person who wants us alive is Zaros. We have helped his followers out quite a bit. I would say it was Guthix but he is asleep right now... So, just some ideas.

Rubber chicken, you're the one,

who makes Runescape, so much fun!

Would be fun if jagex brought in biological warfare... Or even Tesla coils.

I like to eat cake while excruciating!

its quite funny how often mahjarrats make accidents:

Zamorak: tripped when trying to kill Zaros (thought, the reason he is god now)

Jhallan: Accidentally changed into muspah in his dream.

Maybe Lucien somehow accidentally manages to resurrect Zaros in the next quest?

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

nimetnbb.jpg

Quests just keep bringing me back to this game.

Question 15

An interesting question. From a story point of view, it may be that the Gods smile upon the player. From making cakes in Cooks Assistant to defeating Tormented Demons in While Guthix Sleeps, our protagonist plays a big part in the affairs of Runescape. Perhaps some deity is protecting our player for some greater purpose as yet unknown. As for a gameplay point of view: Perma-death is not to be taken lightly. The time put into raising skill levels and acquiring items is so enormous that wiping the slate clean, youll be glad to hear, is just not an option.

-- Mod Trick

The other person we know that this has happened to was Zannik, who was being used by Bandos and he would revive her upon death and whatnot. Maybe the person who wants us alive is Zaros. We have helped his followers out quite a bit. I would say it was Guthix but he is asleep right now... So, just some ideas.

This question bothered me too. But I do hope that we ARE infact Guthix in our soul. We are just not aware from it, he still sleeps in us. It would explain how we could respawn, how we are so good at using anima mundi AND doing 150+ quests who change the face of Gielinor forever in just 1 year.

At the end of WGS, there was something "unlocked" in us, the Armadylian leader said, so I actually think that we didn't absorb some power from the Stone of Jas, but just made a kind of lock break, which kept Guthix sleeping in our soul.

Also, the Balance Elemental spoke to us like we knew each other and finally, we are not bound to the laws of Guthix, it seems. Talk to Juna after WGS or TCC, she says she hates our actions, because we didn't act like the balance would like it, but however, she says the gods will not act now, because we still have a task to complete...

So, in short: I really hope we are Guthix, there is some "proof", but if it isn't true, it's always cool to search those little hints to speculate about the future of us and of Gielinor like we know it.

Question 15

-- Mod Trick

Then how does Sir Tiffy and Merlin know about "respawning"? They talk about it like it were common place

The Temple Knights are protected by Saradomin, remember?
And the Knights of the Round Table must live until Britain's darkest day.
If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

I see that two evenly powerful gods would create balance, but in my eyes having only one "supreme" god (Guthix) who works to preserve balance wouldn't cause imbalance :|.

Due to my epic stats, I have now started WGS (but I still hate spoilers).

sighistorian.jpg

I see that two evenly powerful gods would create balance, but in my eyes having only one "supreme" god (Guthix) who works to preserve balance wouldn't cause imbalance :|.

But since he is more powerful then any other, his presence of preserving balance creates it!

Where is this? Maybe an old area. I don't recall examines being what our player is thinking..

This isn't your player, but one of the digsite's sample cleaners says "It teleports you to Sanithrim." Or something similar. Maybe he's Zarosian?

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

I don't understand why people admire Zaros.

He was a weak or stupid god, because he was overthrown by his own follower.

Zamorak was greater than Zaros and I am sure that Zamorak would strike down Zaros again without hesitation if he appeared again in the world.

I think the Zaros storyline is dead other than to add a touch of depth and history to runescape.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

Zamorak was greater than Zaros and I am sure that Zamorak would strike down Zaros again without hesitation if he appeared again in the world.

I think the Zaros storyline is dead other than to add a touch of depth and history to runescape.

Zamorak betrayed Zaros...hit him from behind, tripped and became a god..

To ME it sounds like Zamorak is the weak one, Jealous of Zaor's power or somthing

I like Zaros, cause theres not much know abut him, and his Magiks own! :thumbsup:

I don't know which mod did this. I don't know why they did it. If they're looking for money, I can tell them I don't have any as I'm a student. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over 4 years of RuneScape. Skills that I have worked hard for and people like them can't take them away. If they give me my particles back now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for them, I will not pursue them. But if they don't, I will look for them, I will find them, and they won't like what'll happen

He was overthrown because Zamorak was a scaredy-cat who couldn't fight without 5 other people helping him do it.

And the Edicts of guthix don't include Zaros because he was supposedly dead then. But they restrain Zamorak since he was present when they were made. So he can't attack Zaros, apart from through his disciples.

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

He was overthrown because Zamorak was a scaredy-cat who couldn't fight without 5 other people helping him do it.

And the Edicts of guthix don't include Zaros because he was supposedly dead then. But they restrain Zamorak since he was present when they were made. So he can't attack Zaros, apart from through his disciples.

Actually, I believe the Guthixian Eddicts forbade all Gods from directly interfering into the world. Whether they be from past, present, or future.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

Zamorak killed Zaros by chance. He wasn't sure he could do it, but he did ti by chance. He triped and fell.

That is like walking to a table with somebodys steak, tripping on a spoon, falling, and have the plate and steak land on the table unharmed, and you get a big tip.

ALL ON CHANCE