Jagex & Tip.It Interview discussion thread!

das

Greetings Tip.It!

On April Fools when we heartlessly Rick Rolled you all we did promise on the same page that we would bring you some more real details about the partnership in the near future. So without further ado, I present to you the Tip.It - Jagex interview! Jagex offered us the chance to ask them some questions, and we've tried to take some ideas from what you've been talking about in the community, as well as our own interests to create 31 questions for them to answer. By expanding the three sections below you can read the questions and answers. Enjoy!

Discuss the Jagex & Tip.It Interview here...

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Edited for Clarity, Peter posted the interview at the same time I posted this. ;)

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

Question 4

Will there be a new expansion or a new quest regarding the area south of Al Kharid in 2009?

I dont think we can say anything on this matter.

-- Mod Tim

:lol:

Might as well have just said yes.

nodiehytnew.png
RIP Michaelangelopolous
Thanks to cowboy14 for the pimp sig!

Not bad. I like it :P

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Question 21

Not offence intended, but I'm sure the clan world would like to know why did Jagex took years to shift their opinion and finally start catering to clans.

Were really interested in identifying and supporting the various communities that play RuneScape. We have some seriously dedicated players, and some fantastic communities already existing within RuneScape and we really want to start getting involved with them as much as possible. Clans and Fansites are just two examples of communities were really keen to support.

-- Mod Hohbein

Great job answering this one, I totally understand why it took them so long!

Sarcasm.

This guy completely dodged the question and just quoted the same junk they've been feeding us for a while now.

unorclanpixelsigzu1.png

Thanks to the amazing talent of Jopie211 for the sig!

Finest Fist of Guthix Strategy Guide

Question 21

Not offence intended, but I'm sure the clan world would like to know why did Jagex took years to shift their opinion and finally start catering to clans.

Were really interested in identifying and supporting the various communities that play RuneScape. We have some seriously dedicated players, and some fantastic communities already existing within RuneScape and we really want to start getting involved with them as much as possible. Clans and Fansites are just two examples of communities were really keen to support.

-- Mod Hohbein

Sarcasm.

This guy completely dodged the question and just quoted the same junk they've been feeding us for a while now.

He should run for president.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

-- Mod Hohbein

To put it in short: The past two CEO's (Geoff Iddison and...wasn't it Constant Tedder before him?) had a loaded pistol in the CEO desk, named "The Answer" Whenever a Jmod would go in and ask "Why do we alienate fansites so much", they would get "the answer".

Luckily, Mark Gerhard doesn't need a gun. I can picture him going to various departments and charlie horsing Jmods and shredding concept for stuff like a stronghold of positivity and finding more fansites to ban on mention. Why? Because that's how he rolls. Mark Gerhard is the Barack Obama to Jagex, I stand by that.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Question 3

Will there be another Grand Master quest this year? If so, will we be seeing Lucien during this quest?

Theres no Grand Master quest planned along the size of While Guthix Sleeps for release this year, but were aware of the need for high level quests and other types of content. So watch this space!

you have got to be kidding me... :|

Question 14

Burn X - Myth or possible addition to avoid early carpel tunnel?

Myth. Making skill training more automated encourages AFK play, and we wouldnt want to take away from the players who already did it the hard way.

:roll:

---

Not bad I guess, too many "we cannot answer". Maybe have a few mini polls here in the gen section on what to ask a j-mod next time. (if there's ever gonna be another one)

sotw7bar.png

Ehh.. A shame that my question was subject to a 'I dont think we can say anything on this matter', as I am oh so desperate to change my eternally censored username :| Here's hoping that their avoidance of the subject was due to them not wanting to spoil an upcoming surprise.

If I were to hazard a guess, I'd say that we're nearing the time of Mechscape which would coincide with the ability to create/change a global username.

Anyway - thanks for taking the time to conduct the interview, Peter ;)

calvinandhobbessigedite.png

I think that you should ask them if there is ever going to be anything done about HP. In PVP, you can get rushed and killed in a couple seconds, even at 99 HP, like with the Armadyl Godsword, Dragon Claws, with ice barage or whatever. I liked the interview though.

Barrellchest.png

Question 21

-- Mod Hohbein

Sarcasm.

He should run for president.

I lol'd. (but he really did just state the obvious; they're keen to help communities NOW, but no info. on why they didn't do so earlier)

Overall, I didn't find it all that interesting. Barely anything (Mod Tim did say he wouldn't be surprised if a new spell book "popped up" and a hint at camels being updated (#28), but that was it) about future content (except a few bits about what's definitely NOT going to happen), and the rest just seemed like it was put in as filler (although the answer to #25 is good to know).

In other words, out of 31 questions, I found 3 of them interesting. (I'm not saying this was a complete waste of time, but if there are only going to be two hints regarding future content and one small bit of knowledge each time you get an interview, it's not really worth it, in my opinion.)

> SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0;

0 rows returned

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

There are only 10 types of people

in this world: those who understand

binary and those who don't.

This statement is false.

$DO || ! $DO ; try

try: command not found

ok...umm...well...

Thank you Tip.It for working hard to put together such a great interview. I only wish Jagex could've been a little more forthcoming in certain areas. They certainly play their cards close to their chest.

Still, some questions bore a few interesting responses, and I hope this is the beginning of things to come.

Question 18

Aside from this interview, what other interesting aspects of this partnership do you have planned?

Weve already started to offer the fansites were currently communicating with support in a number of areas. As well as continued support in these areas (more staff interviews, more event support and so on), well be looking at new ways we can support each fansite. I think its important that we find out what kind of support fansites would most appreciate from us its no good us offering loads of support in an area that theyre not really interested in and Id much rather focus our efforts on something thatll have a real impact.

-- Mod Hohbein

My question for Tip.It: What do YOU hope to gain from this partnership? In other words, what kind of support will you be interested in?

rssig2.png

I'm not sure what kind's of support we can actually mention. They do like surprises for players and as a result, it forces us to keep our cards a bit close to the chest as well. I have a few cards I could talk about, but dont think I can. However To be general the ultimate goal to me at least is Content and Jagex/Player relations.

1) i See lots of people saying negative things about jagex, although I as a player have issues with some things, (Mainly rsc related) I think this could make the game environment more positive.

2) I would like to see content for our users, and So far, we have an exclusive interview, I think thats a solid start, and I would like to see many more.

I would guess more interviews will occur, although I have no clue on the frequency. I wish i could mention other things we have discussed, but I really cant for now. Sooner hopefully than later though.

I think it will be a very nice partnership for both parties, and I am happy with the interview questions so far. Although yes, some were vague, I actually was very surprised with the answers for a few and was very pleased.

I'm not saying that because i'm an admin, overly i'm a negative person and I looked at this interview very critically and was impressed by how they handled it.

I will say. Burn X would be no more of a macro than cook X, and I feel that would be an interesting question for a follow up ;)

Abraham Lincoln

I kinda took "i dont think we can say anything on this matter" to mean that its not gonna happen any time soon.

Except the Chaos Elemental(Who is more informative than any Jagex employee) already told us there will be another desert quest soon.

Asking about whether or not MechScape would reduce the attention RuneScape gets was a wasted question too.. They've already answered that question a hundred times. -.-

Question 14

Burn X - Myth or possible addition to avoid early carpel tunnel?

Myth. Making skill training more automated encourages AFK play, and we wouldnt want to take away from the players who already did it the hard way.

-- Mod Trick

LOL WHAT....

Seriously. "Did it the hard way" :wall: :wall: :wall:

kazmahalfsize.png