Jagex & Tip.It Interview discussion thread!

das

2) I would like to see content for our users, and So far, we have an exclusive interview, I think thats a solid start, and I would like to see many more.

I'm probably going to come off as blunt, and for that I apologize in advance, but to throw an interview together... calling it exclusive... when there is hardly any new info introduced in the interview... doesn't make it entirely special. Now... with that said though... it could have most definitely been a LOT worse. And since this is only the first interview in a "new relationship" with fansites... it certainly shows potential. At least they want to work with fansites instead of throwing them under the bus like they've done in the past.

First time interviews such as these might be awkward... I don't know... but there really wasn't anything that blew my mind. It really just seemed like the Q&A that the new CEO did when he first took over. A lot of questions with little to no information in the answers to those questions. Obviously tip.it isn't to blame for that. So kudos for the work. It's like trying to feed a snake a mouse when it isn't hungry (a la Roadtrip).

Again, hope I wasn't too blunt. If they wanted to leave "fans" wanting more... I guess they achieved that, at least (not in the good way though).

Shiva.jpeg

R.I.P Shiva

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Id like to point out that some of these questions were added before the latest CE Letter.

Found some of my questions in there.

To bad we arent getting another While Guthix Sleeps sized quest this year.

He didnt answer if lucien would be in a new quest this year though.

Maybe camels will be in the new desert quest?

Saying that they don't want to tread on the toes of the veterans by reducing clicks sort of on the whole sends mixed messages about the company's previous actions. Is firemaking more sacred than any of the other skills they have made X for (especially taking into consideration the recent addition of Offer-X)? I don't see why it gets to keep a prestige spot when other skills like cooking contribute much more to the game and yet people consider it to be a "nooby" skillcape. And would this change be a such a large stretch of the imagination considering that before people were allowed to light logs from their inventory, one had to drop them and then set them on fire? I'm sure that change was as equal a removal of effort as the one proposed here. Removing the manual dropping of logs removes two clicks per log, and this one would pretty much remove the other two clicks needed to light each log if we don't count the three clicks plus typing a number to start the burning (unless they decide not to be jerks and put a "Burn All" option in).

This all comes back to the whole game's basis on clicks, and frankly, I'm bored of the subject.

I guess attitudes always change with time, so we really shouldn't take anything said to be set in stone.

8f14270694.jpg

Not alot of new stuff in there, but I guess thats not really the point.

Maybe in future its worth focusing more on asking Jagex there opinions on topics rather than try and get info on future content. After all I doubt they'll announce anything here that they haven't already annouced on the official site.

Good interview overall though, nice to see Jagex stepping up and supporting the community outside of the official site.

Theres a fine line between not listening and not caring,

I like to think I walk this line every day.

Pinning blame on Jagex is like trying to put pants on an old man.

You both know he needs them, but he'll just keep dancing around, avoiding them at all costs.

Some good questions, but a lot of tip toeing around them by Jagex :( Didn't really reveal anything about future content =\

Yeah, was quite dissapointing to read it all. Well, at least it's good to know they're more open now. Guess we'll see good stuff coming out of this partnership.

I get why they are being very cautious about what info they give about future updates, they've learnt their lesson in the past about letting us know what's in store.

I would have liked to know which mod was at the top of the leaderboard.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

If anyone from Jagex ends up reading this then I love you <3: Expect me to be knocking on the door when I've done with University <3:

Anyone enough fangirlism. I think it was great they offered to give us an interview. There's nothing amazingly revealing in there but it makes sense, they don't want to give away any information otherwise there'd be no surprises and that'd be a bit boring :(

I would have liked to know which mod was at the top of the leaderboard.

I'd like to know that too :lol:

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

Next time, ask this:

"How exactly does the Ring of Wealth work and how does it influence drops (and by how much)?"

It's been bugging me for years!

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

Next time, ask this:

"How exactly does the Ring of Wealth work and how does it influence drops (and by how much)?"

+1 to that. I also wanna know if they plan on a slayer helm for range/mage >.>

#1 seems to be the hot topic, hoping for the best here...

#13 was exciting to me, I really REALLY look forward to this.

#14 -- Pray-X lol wut

#16 -- I'd like to see people actually PLAYING Trouble Brewing so you can actually GET the clothing >.>

#25 -- thats cleared up, gonna have to link people to that whenever they get an offence for something like that.

#27 -- EPIC FAIL

#30 -- as with the above poster, I wanna know whos at the top :P but then they might release too much info..

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!

Maybe in future its worth focusing more on asking Jagex there opinions on topics rather than try and get info on future content.

very much agreed with this, its clear from everytime any talks to them that they are not going to give out content updates so it would be worth accepting this and coming up with questions that they can answer. things like "are you growing customer support", "any new forum features", or "will we see more JMods in game" spring to mind. Asking for content information, or trying to be sneaky and ask around it, will just end up being a waste of a question.

jagexvote.png :thumbsup:

[url=http://www.computerandvideogames.com/joystick/vote.php][img=http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q265/mr_moocky/jagexvote.png][/url]

That was okay, but I don't think Jagex didn't put enough effort in. There was the odd meaty bit, but a letter from the Chaos Elemental would have been far more informative.

Ah well, at least there's progress.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Also a question that should be asked next interview:

"Considering the massive downgrading of former anti-RWT updates, are you considering reverting all former anti-RWT updates (like splitting Pure and Rune Essence, for one)?"

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png

[/hide]

Also a question that should be asked next interview:

"Considering the massive downgrading of former anti-RWT updates, are you considering reverting all former anti-RWT updates (like splitting Pure and Rune Essence, for one)?"

Good question, I'd like to hear Jagex's stance on this.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Next time, ask this:

hello, i was wondering 2 things

1. how much of a chance does wearing a dragon ring increase

2. how long until the new updates are coming out...monsters..quest...new land areas.

THANKS,

Couch111

I see that many people in this world hath conflicting and contrary ideas as to how the ring of wealth may help them.

Allow me to set this straight once and for all.

1) If thou consider the possessions of an enemy to be like a roulette wheel, then the 'rare' items so coveted by players are located on a second roulette wheel, that will only be spun shouldst thou roll a specific number on the first wheel.

The ring of wealth affects not the number which thou may achieve upon the first wheel, but should thou gain the precise number to allow thee access to the second, the ring will make thy chances of gaining an object on that second roulette wheel all the greater.

My analogy is flawed, for death is not like roulette, but I hope that thou see the truth within this.

2) Life hath no schedule to follow, for it is an ever evolving process, and the nature of balance decrees that things occur when they must occur.

However, all events hath their patterns, and by scrutinising that which hath occurred before thou may see the patterns that run through things, and mayhaps predict when new events might be brought about upon this world...

http://www.runescape.com/kbase/viewarticle.ws?article_id=375

quit

Was sorta an interesting read, I guess...It's not like the Tip.it community just got a huge inside scoop or something. A lot of it was general statements and stuff that was already known. Oh well, at least now Tip.it is getting some attention. :D

And now we finally know: Pie

Big_Stingman.png

Next time, ask this:

hello, i was wondering 2 things

1. how much of a chance does wearing a dragon ring increase

2. how long until the new updates are coming out...monsters..quest...new land areas.

THANKS,

Couch111

I see that many people in this world hath conflicting and contrary ideas as to how the ring of wealth may help them.

Allow me to set this straight once and for all.

1) If thou consider the possessions of an enemy to be like a roulette wheel, then the 'rare' items so coveted by players are located on a second roulette wheel, that will only be spun shouldst thou roll a specific number on the first wheel.

The ring of wealth affects not the number which thou may achieve upon the first wheel, but should thou gain the precise number to allow thee access to the second, the ring will make thy chances of gaining an object on that second roulette wheel all the greater.

My analogy is flawed, for death is not like roulette, but I hope that thou see the truth within this.

2) Life hath no schedule to follow, for it is an ever evolving process, and the nature of balance decrees that things occur when they must occur.

However, all events hath their patterns, and by scrutinising that which hath occurred before thou may see the patterns that run through things, and mayhaps predict when new events might be brought about upon this world...

http://www.runescape.com/kbase/viewarticle.ws?article_id=375

And that tells me how much?

Tell me, how long is a piece of string?

Just like they did with the Dragon Axe, I want figures. Not just some vague "slightly faster woodcutting" like has been used until that Q&A. Likewise, I want to know just how much a RoW influences drops. A roulette wheel won't suffice in the slightest.

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png

[/hide]

Too much beating around the bush for my liking. Though it is about time they gave fansites the respect and time they deserve.

Just wish they'd put all this into action. The last few months have been appaling for updates, especially this month, where it has been absolutely shocking.

Professionally disposing of Trolls since 1999

Currently: Slaying Again YAY

And that tells me how much?

Tell me, how long is a piece of string?

Just like they did with the Dragon Axe, I want figures. Not just some vague "slightly faster woodcutting" like has been used until that Q&A. Likewise, I want to know just how much a RoW influences drops. A roulette wheel won't suffice in the slightest.

go kill 1k gargoyles with row then 1k gargoyles w/o row and then crunch the numbers to find out how many mauls and rfh's u get/1k kills with each and hope that stays true to all monsters/drops cause jagex aint gonna give you numbers

as for the interview...eh...would be nice if they could tell us more but i understand that they want updates to be a surprise and for players to come up with their own theories about whats happening next. no grandmaster no worries we waited 7(?) years for the first, im sure we can wait another 8+ months \'. would have liked for question #9 to include slayer though (even though it does have a lvl 90) just incase those particular skills catch their eye :D b/c right now the only reason to even try for halfway (92) or to max the skill is for a 99 and a cape #-o

great for them to give this a go though =D>

null20defsig.jpg

Dk drops: 37 Barrows: 11 Dragon: 33 Visage: 2 Whip: 5 Dark Bow: 1

hhank_hilll.png

mmh3.jpg

I thought that as a community we could have come up with better questions, I mean why ask questions that really have already been asked for one, and why ask questions that we already knew the answer to! Hopefully next time there will be more questions regarding the jmod's opinion on certain updates.

maulmachine4.png

Corporeal Drops:2xHoly elixers

Bandos Drops: Bcp(soloed) 5x hilts 8x tassets

Armadyl Drops:Armadyl Hilt(trio)

Zamorak Drops: 2xZamorakian spear 3x Steam battlestaff

To put it in short: The past two CEO's (Geoff Iddison and...wasn't it Constant Tedder before him?) had a loaded pistol in the CEO desk, named "The Answer" Whenever a Jmod would go in and ask "Why do we alienate fansites so much", they would get "the answer".

Luckily, Mark Gerhard doesn't need a gun. I can picture him going to various departments and charlie horsing Jmods and shredding concept for stuff like a stronghold of positivity and finding more fansites to ban on mention. Why? Because that's how he rolls. Mark Gerhard is the Barack Obama to Jagex, I stand by that.

lol that was pretty funny.. :thumbsup:

Amare_nash33.png