drinking cocacola

Purcell364

Purcell364 before:

bodybuilder-guenter-schlierkamp-IMG_0549.jpg

After two weeks of 5 1.25 litre bottels of coke a day:

fat_man_large.jpg

Coca Cola is bad if you drink a lot!

Anyway, I never drink cola anymore, I don't think I've had it for over two years. I only drink water, coffee, beer, wine, juices and sometimes a cup of tea.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

drinking too much of anything at all is unhealthy. Goes for coca cola, alcohol, but also for extreme amounts of water for example.

But on the subject: Yes, it does contain acids. Yes, it contains a lot of sugar, which is bad for your teeth. Yes, an overdose of caffeine won't do you good (sleep, etc..). Yes, it contains too much calories.

No, it won't really harm you, if you consume it WITH MODERATION.

Vmser.png

Wow...do you know how much sugar is in that stuff?

Well I sure don't. :lol:

But common sense...pop is bad. Period. Your putting unhealthy things into your body, plain and simple. Sorry, I don't have a chart or anything, and I have no clue what the heck is in the stuff anyways, but you shouldn't need that to know the harms your doing to yourself.

I USED to drink a glass a day, and I thought that was bad. Compared to you...wow. However, I made it my new years resolution not to drink pop regularly. I've had about two or three cups for the entire year, at a party or what not. And trust me, it feels so good to know that I don't rely on pop for my energy, and that I'm no longer addicted.

AD

signaturecj5.jpg

in support to Mercifull's claim:

http://www.snopes.com/cokelore/tooth.asp

And on here (http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/wheels/sift/coca-cola.htm) it said:

The average 12 ounce cola drink contains 9 teaspoons of sugar;

The site seems pretty anti-Coca Cola though.

Vmser.png

thats alot of coke :shock: Soo much sugar you may develop diabitees *worst spelling ever*

And no lol why do you always want to get stuff from John Lewis. Its over ̣̉300 more then than what i paid.

John Lewis is a great, great shop.

If you can somehow manage it, get a pulled human tooth from a dentist or orthodontist or something and completely immerse it in a glass of coke. Check back on it in about 36-48 hours and you might change your mind about drinking so much. :wink:
Anyone that ever says this obviously has never tried this experiment themselves. lol It wont dissolve :P

I never said it would dissolve, but ok. I was trying to get more at the stain it would leave on the tooth and how the enamel would become rough. That might be enough to get someone to stop drinking so much.

However, if you still don't believe I've done an experiment like that before (3 times actually), I'll take a picture of the tri-board I made for a presentation for a science symposium. I immersed a bunch of teeth (given my dad's profession, getting my hands on pulled teeth isn't too hard) in various liquids and then brushed them. Recorded the color of the teeth at various times using a tooth-color chart. The board is on display at the moment but I should be able to get it out of the case for a picture.

In this topic i may as well add to those who didnt know, diet drinks are NO GOOD FOR YOU either... read this article:

http://www.lightparty.com/Health/DietCokeAspartame.html

In a nutshell... nearly all "light, zero, diet. free" drinks contain "aspartame" which has over 92 bad health symptoms, and one of them is death...

Yet what angers me is they still advertise this poison.... oh well, thats business for ya.

sig3bh7.png

Fair enuf dymed but that'll happen with any drink really. Immerse a tooth in ribena and it will go purple, Orange Juice and it'll go orange, Coffee and brown etc...

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

According to Pepsi.com, a liter of pepsi has 27 grams of sugar (carbohydrate). You said you're drinking 5 of the 1.25 sized ones daily, which means you're drinking 6.25 liters of it daily, adding up to well over 170 grams of sugar a day, nearly a kilogram of sugar per 5 days. And that's not counting in the other stuff you're taking in, just a word of warning. 8) If you continue at this pace, you'll be almost guaranteed to have your weight in the 'morbidly obese' zone. So it's not a good idea. It is a good idea to drink it in moderation though.

Bluelancer, he will be obese...for what reason? Because of his sugar intake? Up until this year, I used to eat junk and candy like crazy, along iwth a tonne of food. Tons of sugar, bad food, greasy stuff, and not a thing. I'm a decent size for my height, if anything, I'm skinny. 5"5, only about 105 pounds. Sugar and junk intake does not have anything to do with weight in many cases, but it DOES destroy your insides.

The reason that I woke up and realized all this because I wasn't gaining weight. That clearly shows that there's more to intake then just weight. It destroys your well being, and good health. Period.

signaturecj5.jpg

Sorry BMW, but that's not true. Carbohydrates provide 4 Calories per gram, and as you might know, 3600 calories equal 1 pound. Assuming you drink that much pepsi, you are gaining 680 calories a day alone from drinking (the recommended calorie value per day is about 2000), which means we're not even counting in the fact that you will most likely eat food during the day, worth at least 1-2k calories.

I don't claim to know if Purcell excercises or works out, but when you eat more than you consume, it is stored as fat. It's that simple. In your case, you were obviously not taking in that many calories a day. Sure, you maybe ate some junk food, carbs, etc. but you consumed most of it during the day or while you were asleep thanks to your metabolism.

By drinking water with every meal, you'd take in 680 less calories every day. If you continue drinking that much every year, you would gain calories worth 68 pounds (yearly, 248,200 calories). If you burn it off, that's great. But let's say you continued this for, 10 years? 20?

Gaining that many extra calories a day, you would weigh over 1300 pounds 20 years later. No human can survive it. At 800 pounds you can not move out of the bed by yourself. I can't imagine how's it like when you're almost double that., you would probably have difficulty even breathing or swallowing.

I heard from somewhere ( I think one of my teachers) that coke can eat through a steel nail in a couple of days, I dont know if it is true, but it sure doesnt stop me from drinking it :P

:? it can, but pepsi can do that in almost half the time :lol: . Im seriouse, my best friends dad's works for this steel company, and they use pepsi as something to clean something (Cant remember what they used the pepsi to clean)

I thought they busted the "Coke can dissolve a steel nail" myth on the show Mythbusters :? . They also tested it on a human tooth and a raw steak and nothing dissolved.

But yes, Pepsi is a very efficiant clearner :wink: .

hiccup.png

Nope, I still disagree...somewhat, Bluelancer. I did take in a ton of calories, eating unhealthy and fatty foods, and I am still quite a small guy. Of course a lot of it does have to do with a high metabolism, but that still goes with my point. I'm simply saying he won't necessarily become obese from drinking that much pepsi.

Also, are your calculations based on...sitting and eating all day? No source of excercise whatsoever? No long walks, sports, or anything? If anyone doesnt get regular excercise, regardless of what you eat, you can't expect to be in great shape, now can you?

signaturecj5.jpg

Nope, I still disagree...somewhat, Bluelancer. I did take in a ton of calories, eating unhealthy and fatty foods, and I am still quite a small guy. Of course a lot of it does have to do with a high metabolism, but that still goes with my point. I'm simply saying he won't necessarily become obese from drinking that much pepsi.

Also, are your calculations based on...sitting and eating all day? No source of excercise whatsoever? No long walks, sports, or anything? If anyone doesnt get regular excercise, regardless of what you eat, you can't expect to be in great shape, now can you?

If you still drink alot of coke it's still very bad for you,you maybe not get fat but you think you're healthy if you drink 3 1.5 litres a day and eat junkfood?

If you are small it say not if you're healthy...you can't see what happens in your body.

I could say the things that will happen but because of my bad english I can't say it :wink:

Heh, gj on the english daniel anyhow. But if you had read my other response, you would see that I am saying eating junkfood and drinking a ton of pepsi is amazingly unhealthy, but will not necessarily get you fat, as bluelancer is saying. And just so you know, I no longer eat junkfood/drink pop regularly. It is very, very unhealthy, although my weight doesn't show it, thats what Im arguing, not the fact that it's unhealthy.

signaturecj5.jpg

I was shocked to hear u drink coke that much. (and doctor pepper, yuck :P )

Veeery unhealthy :wink: .

Bmw: Edit: didin't read ur post that well bmw.

Demeige, That Jones stuff looks so cool, all those different flavours. I wish they'd sell them in finland too :( .

Oh and best energy drink is PIRANHA piranha%20drink2.jpg Look at the cool anarchy A. :o

And it actually tastes good.

Reality is hundreds of times more beautiful and more interesting than delusions. Fairy tales just tend to be easier to follow than the wonderful intricacies of life.

Heh, gj on the english daniel anyhow. But if you had read my other response, you would see that I am saying eating junkfood and drinking a ton of pepsi is amazingly unhealthy, but will not necessarily get you fat, as bluelancer is saying. And just so you know, I no longer eat junkfood/drink pop regularly. It is very, very unhealthy, although my weight doesn't show it, thats what Im arguing, not the fact that it's unhealthy.

I apologise :wink:

Blah, I stopped drinking any soda products now for 6 months and plan and keeping it that way forever. :D

A big reason I stopped drinking any soda is due to the fact that it makes your teeth yellow and very nasty. Also as other people stated its a huge impact on your obese due to everything in it. And finally I stopped drinking it because it enhances cancer, but doesnt everything now a days do that.

Evidence shows that carbonation is a cause in esophogal cancer, but walking around outside is a leading cause in skin cancer.

The phosphoric acid found in many soft drinks supports the decay of calcium in bones, and it doesn't sound like your diet is high in calcium to compensate.

Did you know after accidents the clean up crew spills Coke all over the mess of fluids (oil, gas, anti-freeze, brake fluid, etc.) to get it all off the road?

I kinda stopped drinking soda, I honestly haven't had a Coke in a year, and it's not like I make a conscious effort to not drink soda, It's just not something I ever crave. Way too sweet.

peterstretchfn5.gif

drinking too much of anything at all is unhealthy. Goes for coca cola, alcohol, but also for extreme amounts of water for example.

But on the subject: Yes, it does contain acids. Yes, it contains a lot of sugar, which is bad for your teeth. Yes, an overdose of caffeine won't do you good (sleep, etc..). Yes, it contains too much calories.

No, it won't really harm you, if you consume it WITH MODERATION.

Finally someone mentions somethingabout the caffeine :)

smithie3.jpg

I just posted something! ^_^ to the terrorist...er... kirbybeam.

I dont think i will get fat, i did a skin fold test for PE class a few weeks ago and got in the 'low' range for % body fat. I skate everyday for about 3 hours plus on the weekend for about 8 hours :P

anyway i think i will just still drink coke in smaller amounts lol. The main problem was it was keeping me up to mad hours of the night.

BTW about the aspartame thing, nobody knows if having it in very small doses has an effect. Having it in very large doses can act as a poison, but so can green potatoes...

^^^ Yep, i was exaggerating a tad bit when saying it's poison (i think i did...:roll:) . u'd prolly need to consume lethal doses.. (10+cans) a day to have a real strong effect from it... i used to drink it, and i don't remember my brain going haywire or anything... Still i think it's better just to lay off it for me cuz aspartame is no good.

sig3bh7.png