Runescape's Strengths

Huta

I played EQ (Everquest) for about 5 years before I found RS about 3 years ago. Everquest is much like Wow, which I also played for about 6 months... before deciding enough was enough. I love the fact that Rs is easy to get on, and get going. Wow/Eq seems to have endless patches and updates, sometimes taking half the night to download. Besides that, whole servers can shut down for hours, even days if there is a true problem. Rs you can just hop to another world, and the updates take only a few minutes.

99 Fletch/Cook/Farm

{Started- 11/06}

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I began playing MapleStory after my RuneScape account got hacked 3 years ago (I since have recovered it back, and it's the one I currently use). Many of the end game content requires that you be in a major guild, have high-level friends, and be a high level. If not, you have to pay a large sum of money to go on those raids to loot items. Imagine a 1m fee just to go on a corp trip!:thumbdown: I was fortunate enough to be in a high level guild on the Demethos server. I quit after I hit fourth job(level 120), which is when Maple Story gets it's end game content. The end game of MapleStory really has only two bosses: A giant dragon and a giant statue. They require only a group of players to stand there and fire arrows, stars, and magical bolts at it for 30 minutes (or 3 hours for the dragon). I quit after I killed the giant statue with my guild and got it's reward. If I was to go on to kill the dragon, I would need to kill skeleton dragons and egg dragons for another 1,000 hours, and after that, have nothing to do but more raids. And all just for a crappy +22 pendant :wall: The quests in MapleStory are fairly bland generic MMO fare as well. And that's why I have a quest cape in RuneScape.

I also play Diablo 2, and one of the strengths that RS has is that you aren't set in a class. Yes there are classes (ranger, skiller, mage, tank, etc), but you can interchange them very easily. In order to do that on other games, you must create a new character.

There is no way to make "Millions fast and easy"...

SO QUIT ASKING ABOUT IT!

I know that RS' combat sucks compared to other MMO's but personaly I would rather click once and wait than spam number 1 and 2 repetatively, and ya I've played on a lvl 80 on WOW I know how it works

99 fletching achieved 09/04/08 99 defence achieved 08/31/09 99 smithing achieved 07/25/10
99 attack achieved 03/11/10 99 constitution achieved 05/14/11
99 strength achieved 06/01/11 99 cooking achieved 01/17/12
99 woodcutting achieved 05/10/12 99 firemaking achieved 05/10/12

Frankly I love all aspects of Runescape right now. Except for the boring combat and maybe the lack of ridable beasts (I thought summoning would have taken care of that). The major aspects I like right now is probably the efficientcy of the browser based game, minigames, and Quests!

A) The only real, true sand box game is Half-life Series, but then that's not really an mmo, is it? As for comparing runescape to other mmo's sandbox, runescape is completely superior to them in freedom. However, it trades that freedom for profit. Since everyone can do everything at any time, the production leveling skills go down. As opposed to WoW, since you can have only two primary professions at any given time, they tend to balance out more easily.

B) My only disappointment in WoW is the lack of minigames. I hate it that there's only Capture the Flag and Control the Points at level 20 until level 50. Runescape will be my only love for minigames, hands down. But I think Jagex could learn a thing or two from "teleporting to battlegrounds from anywhere" (hint hint nudge nudge, Jagex give us a quest that let's us teleport to castle war games indefinitely out of combat!)

C) The quests in WoW are about as interesting as the Baiyou Tapestry (sp?) in France. If you didn't know what that is, then case in point. They have a lot of history in them, but so much that trying to absorb it all in about 30 mins will make your head explode. Of course, quests are the best thing to gain experience, especially kill X monsters. Exp reward and exp from kill are +1.

D) Runescape combat sucks. It's boring when compared to WoW pvp. (maybe that tells us something about how fast it is to get to end game content). Runescape survives without the complex combat mechanics. Take that out of WoW and I guarantee some 13 year olds will be at Blizzard's door with a shotgun. There is strategy in runescape combat. But it's mostly timing (dds spec ko) instead of kiting mechanics, debuffs, freezing and backing up (farcasting). It's all about who has the best sustainable dps. If Jagex somehow managed to make combat mechanic on par if not superior to Blizzard's, then Blizzard would lose a HECK of a lot of money.

menea_reuter.pnglinkresponsewb2.th.jpg

I agree with the article, it was a nice read. :)

Although I do have to agree on the combat part, certain weapons are just too unbalanced, and certain weapons are not used at all.

That is what I think lacks in the RS combat system. Weapon usefulness.

Other than that, I'm pretty happy with it.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

[hide=Off Topic]

A) The only real, true sand box game is Half-life Series,

FarCry 2 & the upcoming Red Faction: Guerilla. 'Nuff Said. \'[/hide]

True, RuneScape is successful in most areas.

Combat could do with a bit of a rework, but then again the RS engine needs to be taken into account.

Only fear God,

Know the weapons of the weak,

The weakness of the hard.

Nice read

I have played other mmo and always came back to runscape i love Rpg and runescape comes close to Rpg with its quest, and open endnes of game play

RUNESCAPE FTW :thumbup: \' :thumbsup: =D> :thumbup:

The 3 biggies to me the cost (£3 per month compared to £10-£15), the ability to play it on pretty much any PC and the different dimensions of game play.

I wouldn't call RS a sandbox its more restricted then true sandbox games, but it is very open ended and large.

Personally I'm a big fan of the runescape combat system, sure it doesn't look amazing but its got a very solid core.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

The combat system is kinda simple, until you get to hybrid fights in pking on high levels. Hybriding is one of the hardest things in rs to do well. Hybriding is one of the few things that takes skill in rs, specifically tribriding. Tribriding is where you really can take advantage of the enemies weakness by switching attack styles. This not only requires you to switch weapons, but armour as well -- otherwise your hits go terrible.

PvP does get pretty boring in normal fights though. Normal fights are better at lower levels -- look at all the combos you can do on a pure. You have GMaul combos, DDS, Dclaws, Dbow, PvP weapons, and mage combos are absolutely hilarious right now because most pures don't know them (triple stack, anyone?). Ancient staff works as a melee weapon and a mage weapon, gs... you can use almost ANY weapon on a pure. For mains at high level, a lot of the weapons are just simply trumped by other weapons, there aren't many good combos. Straight out GS, straight out nonskull DH, whip+dds, stuff like that.. it gets kinda boring. If you really wanna be powerful, you have to risk a ton or trick them, else people won't fight you. Or get lucky a lot. I prefer pure pking, but the loot is bad at that level usually too.

Combat system could use a lot more at high levels, nuff said.

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!

Your post is ridiculously biased. Runescape is no more of a sandbox than most other games out there. While you may argue that runescape is more than getting maxed stats, you're incorrect if you assume that game such as WoW don't have other activities also. Warcraft gives frequent holidays, an achievement system which gives endless goals for a character to do, and skills (which can be switched if desired) that are all necessary to choose from. If you want to really get down to the inner layer of runescape, many of the skills really serve no purpose. Now while many of you will want to argue that skills like agility, smithing, crafting, and fletching actually have a practical use, you are kidding yourself. Each of these really does not add to the game in any constructive way or can easily be bought from a vendor. In WoW, the game is a finely oiled machine. Every skills contributes to the game at end-levels and could not be played without them. While runescape may have much more content, the overall contribution from many skills of the game add up to no more than wasted playing time to a person.

Note: I play both runescape and warcraft. I have played WoW for 3 years and do not have a maxed character. While many believe there is nothing more than combat and raiding, I am proof that isn't so. I enjoy the holiday content and skills implemented and that is enough to keep me playing for hours.

No hurry, flame away how I'm biased.

No matter how you play WoW, it's impossible, absolutely impossible, to call that game a sandbox.

It's anything but.

It's the poster boy for theme park MMO.

Now, I've played WoW, I love my tauren drood. But no matter how you dress up WoW's achievement system and its talent system and its holiday events, it's a dictionary definition for not-a-sandbox. Sandbox would be some of the more oldschool MMOs, like Ultima Online or Shadowbane, though a truly sandbox MMO hasn't really been made yet. Just read up on what the designers for Mortal Online are trying to do and compare that to Warcraft and you'll see the difference.

World of Warcraft and it's 20 million knockoffs are linear. You go in one direction. You up your combat, following your class specs, wearing your class armor. You pick your two production skills, usually something that compliments your class. Some of RS's skills are flawed, but for what they are, they are sandbox. There's a freedom there that WoW can't imitate.

I agree. I've played Wow for one year, but during that year I kept coming back to runescape. I found Wow boring. Sure, the quests might give you good xp in wow when you are a love level, but they are boring as hell. During that year, I got to lvl 39. I stopped then because I found it was too boring. I could have probably been at level 70 if I truly had wanted, but it was too boring (and my comp couldn't play wow to well, despite the fact that it was almost brand new :().

Wow skills are horrible. i got to around 135 engineering, and after that it was basically buy able. Either you spend cash getting it, or you waste hrs getting the stuff. Sure, making dynamite is cool, but its not that good. Sure, the skills help at high lvls, unlike some rs skills that have nothing new after lvl 80-85, but at least you don't really need to. yes, there are many buyable skills in rs (fletch, firemaking, farming, construction, herblore, range, magic, runecrafting whit zmi alter), but not all of them are, and you don't really need to buy them (cept construction) as you can train them yourself. You can argue all you want, Wow skills are pretty bland. max lvl of like 255 for skills? how much of that is buyable? how many people actaully collect the ingredients themselves?

What do most people spend their time doing? raiding. Sure, its fun, but once you get lvl 70 and your set of armor of prefence, thats all that there is left. How many people are gonna spend time frolicking in the meadows? 1 in a million. That 1 in a million is also going to waste his time, because runescape as far more side activities than wow.

What's that you say? People can play Wow's fun minigames? wrong. Sure, its got decent pvp minigames, but are they fun? not really. You capture this place, move to capture the next one. Yes, its similar to soul wars, but at least soul wars has a boss.... I admit, i haven't played too many of wow's minigames, but I lost interest in them quickly. Runescape, on the other hand, has dozens of minigames, ranging from pvm to pvp. Barrows, pest control, soul wars, castle wars (does any still play this since soul wars lol), trouble brewing, ect. Runescape has not only more minigames, but they are also varied. Its got something for everybody.

Sure, wow has better graphics and sound, but it also requires more specs for your computer, and you have to buy the game + pay a monthly membership. Runescape has low specs for low detailed, and mid specs for high detailed, and its about $6 a month... the only thing Wow seriously does better is combat, and even then, I'd sick with runescape's rng + slight variables combat system. At least until they come up with a new one :P

so lets compare the price content for wow and runescape.

Wow installation pack = $40??? Wow expansion packs 1 and 2 =$70 together??? Wow membership = $18 a month??

using the expansion pack for the first month, thats a hefty sum of $128 dollars.... and what do you get? an expansive combat oriented game that gets old quickly. for $128, you could get almost 2 years of rs membership

rs price: $0-$6 dollars a month (f2p and p2p respectively) What do you get for so little cash? A constantly updated game with already so much to do that the comparably bad graphics, combat system and sound can be ignored, and even if they aren't, trying finding this big a game at such a low price that gets such constant upgrade? the answer: there is nothing like that. :shame:

Also, you can change worlds in runescape, unlike in Wow (I mean switch your character's server to a different one)

and why pay $18 a month when you can play hswow for free? I'll admit, I found hs wow to be far worse :lol:

in the end, you get far more for your money by playing Runescape than Wow. Feel free to argue, wow is mroe boring than rs

wow in a nutshell is: combat, combat and more combat. hmm. Im forgetting something. Oh right, did I mention combat?

ps. Hswow is a hack of wow that you can play for free and by donating to them you can get unattainable high hp/mana levels, I only played it cause it wa an easy lvl 70 to see which class I would like at lvl 70. I in no way am advertising hswow, only explaining what it is. Its sorta like [Caution: Jagex Rule Violation], which I do not play nor suggest you play. DONT'T PLAY IT! :shame:

Ss4goku264.png

ss4goku264.png

I played EQ (Everquest) for about 5 years before I found RS about 3 years ago. Everquest is much like Wow, which I also played for about 6 months... before deciding enough was enough. I love the fact that Rs is easy to get on, and get going. Wow/Eq seems to have endless patches and updates, sometimes taking half the night to download. Besides that, whole servers can shut down for hours, even days if there is a true problem. Rs you can just hop to another world, and the updates take only a few minutes.

God i miss everquest at its prime. I played for about 3 years myself. Getting the call at 2am because that dam dragon for the cleric epic just spawned was fun. Or camping stormfeather (not fun). Everquest had a true comunity, true penalties for biting off more then you can chew in a dungon, and dont forget the glorius buffet of guild blocking guild drama. It was marvelous. If EQ still had the numbers i would still be playing.

myWorld77, have you gone back to try eq in its current incarnation? its pretty diffrent now. With mercs i leveld a wizard to 60 in a weekend.

Anyways back on topic, i think the best part of runescape is you can play it pretty much on any computer that has internet access. Also, it allows me to feed my mmorog addiction (going on 10 years of playing online mmos) and still maintain a conversation with my girlfriend.

happy wife = happy life.

Any other mmo requires all my attention and i just cant do it anymore. I can log into runescape, make some progress while watching house with my girlfriend and have a conversation about it. Runescape is the best.

Also i can do a semi afk skill and work on homework, or read something useful, turning a regulary boring activity (home work or learining something useful) into fun, because im making progress in runescape.

Runescape is the mmo for me. Ill never quit.

Fools_Taco.png

I think It's strenghts is the fact that it is very simple. Once you get started in a skill, you can keep going and train. Another strength is the fact to get "mastery" of a skill can take a long time, and can keep you going in the games for months at a time.

Thats my two cents on this.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

I don't know what are you all talking about on WoW because i never played it.

Anyway I stop playing RS for like 6 months because i wanna try other MMO's mostly Asian online game

I played Flyff(F2P), I played it for like 2-3 months and I got addicted to it because of it's combat system and graphic. But I do notice in that game it lacks of holiday event's, only 1 class can be played and you can only do that game is combat, and the quest is like what you mention kill "certain monster" to obtain "this item" you still need XXX then give it to "NPC name". and you must load your character to obtain some special item (personal decision) and the most SUCKIEST in that game is PvP anywhere you can be killed by anyone without warning and the penalty being killed -10% exp.

and that 10% exp can be gain like 3-4 hours or days depending on your level.

And I played another Online game. Cabal online. It's like what you mention again, it's linear. Same as the first the only cool thing in that game is you have a motor cycle(lol) which I believe only use to hasten up your travel speed.

And you should add Runescape Grand Exchange and trade limit, which I believe most online games don't have. But they do have Merchant where you can make a put your item and set the price , I think most of the Online gaming companies don't care about RWT they just care that some one play they game and money go in in their pockets.

And Nice Topic.

I completely agree with the thing about RuneScape's weak combat systems. It is simply too boring to just watch your RS character randomly hit some other person for numbers. It should be more interesting than that. Sure, your combat skills increase hit chances and damage, but there should be weak points and critical hits to make fighting more intense. Maybe the "combat style" panel should be updated so you choose which part of your target you want to hit, and if certain parts are hit the character decreases in combat ability. An example might be if you get hit on the foot or something your run drain faster, or if you get hit in head you get extra damage on you. If RS combat was better then I don't think anyone will be saying "rs sucks" again.

(And I sometimes wonder what the heck would happen if RS was turned into the 1st person's view, combat would be just about epic. And so will everything else probably.)

Runescapes' combat is probably the only real thing holding it back. As previously forementioned there's no real SKILL involved in combat itself. Sure you have to bring the right gear, choose to use the right spells, know when to fight and when to run, learn about specs and double casting with ancients. These are things which can be picked up very fast by even a 'casual' player. Runescape's combat has a LOT of potential, but just lacks depth.

Sarineka.png

~Less QQ, Moar Pew Pew~

I don't know how anyone would have thought to make a seagull launcher out of a shirt and an accordion for Rocking Out though... That just seems too out there

Runescape's strenghts are;

They seem to listen to what their players want

They keep updating the game, improving it

They also listen to the free version of the game

It takes a lot of time and effort to obtain max p2p/f2p

Very addicting to read. I also hope if they do make an RS3, these are the things that will be changed/ added:

* more WoW-like graphics

* a sky

*to be able to see things far away like a mountain or another city from a mountain, not just buildings that are literally right in front of you

* improve the zoom in and out feature to give more freedom to see your char in more ways

*the combat system of course

* be able to walk around with WASD or arrow keys (stop making it a "mouse only" game)

* maybe make it down loadable which will definitely allow for all the above to happen

I know this will change the face of Rune Scape, but it's just what I would like. I'm not gonna go play WoW for all these features because Rune Scape simply offers more skills and such. But there are many areas in which Rune Scape needs improvements in.

What's a sig?

IDC if this has been mentioned but the two things that keep me on RS instead of WoW or some other mmo (now that i upgraded for RSHD) are as follows:

One: Updates.

Rs updates at least once a fortnight. New quest, new skill, old problems fixed, sometimes 3+ times a month. I wouldnt wanna wait half a year and buy a new disk for a group of updates, cause RunEscape has me hooked. Especially with this new ceo dropping random development diaries on us at a whim, I check the main page daily even if i dont play on a given day. The only thing this deters me from is a Quest Cape, cause i wouldnt wanna log in and have it say that i cant wear it anymore.

Two: Classless

I freakin love hybrids. D&D player/DM for many years; i loved multiclass characters if done properly. But this sandbox where i can raise my combat styles to however i wish: Ultimate. I ridicule the idea of pures as i dont pk and wanna do everything, but the freedom to make one is precious. You can be a warrior, you can be a mage, you could be a spellsword and scimmycast ancients in ahrims. FABULOUS! My only complaint in this area is a lack of ranger/mage hybrid equip. There needs to be a bow with a mage attack bonus or armor or something for the arcane/ancient archers out there. I feel theres equipment for everyone else, but you take a serious hit on runescape trying to throw bursts and knives at the same time.

Brought to you by the word: Collusion (price fixing).

Its what Merchant clans do to ruin the economy for personal gain.

Balance out the GE! Skill Kill and Merch for YOURSELF.

Asellus5.png

May Guthix bring you balance.

I agree. I've played Wow for one year, but during that year I kept coming back to runescape. I found Wow boring. Sure, the quests might give you good xp in wow when you are a love level, but they are boring as hell. During that year, I got to lvl 39. I stopped then because I found it was too boring. I could have probably been at level 70 if I truly had wanted, but it was too boring (and my comp couldn't play wow to well, despite the fact that it was almost brand new :().

Wow skills are horrible. i got to around 135 engineering, and after that it was basically buy able. Either you spend cash getting it, or you waste hrs getting the stuff. Sure, making dynamite is cool, but its not that good. Sure, the skills help at high lvls, unlike some rs skills that have nothing new after lvl 80-85, but at least you don't really need to. yes, there are many buyable skills in rs (fletch, firemaking, farming, construction, herblore, range, magic, runecrafting whit zmi alter), but not all of them are, and you don't really need to buy them (cept construction) as you can train them yourself. You can argue all you want, Wow skills are pretty bland. max lvl of like 255 for skills? how much of that is buyable? how many people actaully collect the ingredients themselves?

What do most people spend their time doing? raiding. Sure, its fun, but once you get lvl 70 and your set of armor of prefence, thats all that there is left. How many people are gonna spend time frolicking in the meadows? 1 in a million. That 1 in a million is also going to waste his time, because runescape as far more side activities than wow.

What's that you say? People can play Wow's fun minigames? wrong. Sure, its got decent pvp minigames, but are they fun? not really. You capture this place, move to capture the next one. Yes, its similar to soul wars, but at least soul wars has a boss.... I admit, i haven't played too many of wow's minigames, but I lost interest in them quickly. Runescape, on the other hand, has dozens of minigames, ranging from pvm to pvp. Barrows, pest control, soul wars, castle wars (does any still play this since soul wars lol), trouble brewing, ect. Runescape has not only more minigames, but they are also varied. Its got something for everybody.

Sure, wow has better graphics and sound, but it also requires more specs for your computer, and you have to buy the game + pay a monthly membership. Runescape has low specs for low detailed, and mid specs for high detailed, and its about $6 a month... the only thing Wow seriously does better is combat, and even then, I'd sick with runescape's rng + slight variables combat system. At least until they come up with a new one :P

so lets compare the price content for wow and runescape.

Wow installation pack = $40??? Wow expansion packs 1 and 2 =$70 together??? Wow membership = $18 a month??

using the expansion pack for the first month, thats a hefty sum of $128 dollars.... and what do you get? an expansive combat oriented game that gets old quickly. for $128, you could get almost 2 years of rs membership

rs price: $0-$6 dollars a month (f2p and p2p respectively) What do you get for so little cash? A constantly updated game with already so much to do that the comparably bad graphics, combat system and sound can be ignored, and even if they aren't, trying finding this big a game at such a low price that gets such constant upgrade? the answer: there is nothing like that. :shame:

Also, you can change worlds in runescape, unlike in Wow (I mean switch your character's server to a different one)

and why pay $18 a month when you can play hswow for free? I'll admit, I found hs wow to be far worse :lol:

in the end, you get far more for your money by playing Runescape than Wow. Feel free to argue, wow is mroe boring than rs

wow in a nutshell is: combat, combat and more combat. hmm. Im forgetting something. Oh right, did I mention combat?

ps. Hswow is a hack of wow that you can play for free and by donating to them you can get unattainable high hp/mana levels, I only played it cause it wa an easy lvl 70 to see which class I would like at lvl 70. I in no way am advertising hswow, only explaining what it is. Its sorta like [ForbiddenSite], which I do not play nor suggest you play. DONT'T PLAY IT! :shame:

Another biased remark. How can you judge a game if you haven't fully played it? The best content comes with higher levels and is when the game fully starts.

I'm one of those who enjoys "frolicking in the meadows" as you say. Try not to push everyone into one category without any proof because at least 30% of my friends never train combat. Hey, you know what, 50 people at the rate of 1 in a million makes 50 million! When did the population shoot up so much!

How can you sit there and type that every aspect of WoW is boring? It's called an opinion and you're misleading people that might actually enjoy the game by declaring statements such as "Sure, its got decent pvp minigames, but are they fun? Not really."

Why complain about a higher cost for the game? It's widely known that Blizzard spends much more on development and has many more people on staff 24/7. Ever had a Jmod help you ingame upon request? No? Well blizzard gives access to a living member of their team within minutes. Besides, it's your choice to pay more for the game. And with that higher price, many younger kids tend to stay away so you have a much more mature community overall.

I don't understand why you were bragging about RS late in your post. It sounds like you're implying that Warcraft never gets updated. This certainly isn't the case.

After reading your last paragraph, I finally understood why you didn't stay with WoW. The game was quite simply too hard and complicated for you. If you immediately go to a website where you get the top skills and gear straight away, then it's obvious that you don't have the patience to play a game like WoW.

I honestly don't know whether to take you serious or not Sonic. You haven't even reached endgame and tried it out but you're already posting remarks about how much it sucks? I guess you really do belong at runescape.

For those who didn't read any of my post: Try the game out for yourself before believing these biased posts.

Note: If you didn't see my first post, I actively play runescape and WoW. I'm am not trying to give anything extra to either game, I just don't like seeing something unfairly taken away.

TETsig.jpeg

YOU! ATTEND TET EVENTS! CLICK HERE!

I've left rs after getting a new computer and the game play window was too small and no way to enlarge it without changing my display. Figured "screw this, I'll find a modern game." Well like Vista, newer isn't better.

RS had these advantages that I like.

-Bots. Yeh they are still there, They are in all mmo's. But from where I've been, Jagex has had the most success at removing them.

-Affordability. In a game, Last Chaos. You can spend $20 on an item that can upgrade a weapon or armor for you. That sounds nice, but their is a 50% chance it will fail. If it fails, you lose the item- it's destroyed like vestas sword. But if it succeeds, you can gamble another $20 on it! Only worth doing this after the 7th enchantment and there are up to 15. And in 10 levels that sword will be obsolete to you.

-Updates. Anyone here like the smurfs? Hold your breath for an update and you'll look like one from most other companies. Jagex updates a lot.

-PK under control. Got your choice to go on a frenzy (which I've got a few CW tickets myself). Got pvp worlds, clan wars, PoH. And Bounty Hunter sounds rather promising. However, if I don't want to pvp/pk. I don't have to, can just relax with the game and fish. In one game, basically the pker's camp noobs and prevent them to level anywhere. Not a good game to play after a bad day of work (which is why I gave up on it).

-Communicate. This was a weakness, they need to get better at it. But then again 2Moons is hosted by Acclaim whom has the game leased by a Korean company and Acclaim has no control over updates. Whenever the Koreans get their head out of their.... -probably best not to continue this rant as it goes against tipit TOS, and possibly government law...

BOTS! ZOMG!

Seriously. 2Moons and Knight Online were disgustingly loaded with bots to the point the game was barely playable. The bots in 2Moons lagged monsters so they wouldn't attack and keep aimlessly walking around like a laggy person would. The bots would also be able to go threw walls and find their way back if killed. Knight Online, no pk areas were over-run with them that you never got to level.

Jagex has come far to fend off the bots like they do. People like me and you reading this that report them is why. RWT is ruining mmo economies and the games themselves. Who wants to pay $70+ time a year for a game flooded with spam in every town and all level spots take up by bots? I've been to GE on the most populated F2P sites. That is about how bad the spam is on a good day on the least populated servers.

A word about Sandbox. Anyone hear of The 4th Coming? You basically level up and get 5 points to spend in each stat (end, str, agi, int, wis) and 15 in a skill such as attack, archery, dodge, etc.

STR - swords, axes

AGI - Bows (require a little str)

END - for armor and boost HP

INT - raises mana the most, used for fire,ice,dark spells

Wis - raises mana, used for earth,heal and destroy undead spells

(both INT/Wis have ac and str boost spells.

Each level gets harder and it's impossible to max all stats/skills like in RS because of level cap. Your not forced into a class, build it from scratch and an warrior can learn any mage spell though it might do more harm to the warrior in the end. So gotta think on how to build a character with limited stat / skill points.

Equalizing everything to be the same makes a weak and useless char at level 150. Questions you have are how much end for what armor for def? But this weakens my attack. Do I want a mage to have 300 end armor to fend off arrows and be able to have 400int to out drain the archer, but level on noob mobs as my spell will be weak? By level 150 point the char would take 10+ hours to get another 5 stat points. Or do I want a mage with 100 end for light armor and 600int to own a warrior before they get to me and 1-hit most monsters? Each class can "sanely" get 800 stat points to max out. 1000 stat points there is like 99 to all skills in RS.

THAT is sandbox. To build a unique character with limited stats/resources. RS is more of a "skill box". Basically T4C characters are what we'd call RS "pures".

Warrior basic stats. 300end best armor 600str close to best weapon*

Berserker basic stats 150end med armor 750str best weapons

Mage basic stats 40-100 end light to light-med armor 800int/wis spells (400in both int and wis for air (lightning) mage.)

"Tank" mage basically warrior. These were great in PVP, but sucked to level as you don't get XP from pvp damage, only monster.

Archer - "Berserker stats"

"Pure" Archer - 40End rest in STR (1 to 3) AGI for bows.

"Tank" Archer - Still an ongoing debate even after the game is basically discontinued.

*Is possible to still get best weapon, but the time would take years compared to any other class.

BTW, quests in T4C were like Runescape. They required quite a bit and had bosses. Though you couldn't interact with your surroundings like RS. Basically a hack and slash version of RS quests. I miss this game...

This is only a summary of sand boxing in this game. I can easily go on for hours with this. Sandbox is unique and different. Eventrually in RS we will all be the same character build, this is impossible in T4C.

107/126 combat

84 agi -- 76 slayer -- 73 prayer -- 73 range -- 82 mage -- 85 str,att,def and 86 hp.

Summoning 0 (gotta love disease with skills at level 1 lol)

It is fun to see how long noobs will beg and follow you :)