Badassery

AceBeam

I was going to say something about how judging people on whether or not they make the cut is humorous coming from this crowd, but then AceBeam's sig caught my eye.

Do I know you..? And what the hell is a [bleep]er? Speak 'murican, damnit.

Oh, and I was going to say Hayha too. Talk about home-field advantage, Finland.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was going to say something about how judging people on whether or not they make the cut is humorous coming from this crowd, but then AceBeam's sig caught my eye.

[bleep]er, well its a Brittish insult. To be honest, I wouldn't take that [cabbage]. To be honest, I'm surprised it hasn't been picked up by the censor.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

Harrison Ford is still badass. Playing badass characters only adds to it.

Seriously, you have to be badass if you're approached by somebody who says, "Hey, you look like you could be a cool smuggler who flies a spaceship and doesn't take [cabbage] from anybody." And then approached by someone else who says, "Hey, you look like a paleontologist/archaeologist/asskicker that doesn't take [cabbage] from anybody and lives around WWII time."

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

Harrison Ford is still badass. Playing badass characters only adds to it.

Seriously, you have to be badass if you're approached by somebody who says, "Hey, you look like you could be a cool smuggler who flies a spaceship and doesn't take [cabbage] from anybody." And then approached by someone else who says, "Hey, you look like a paleontologist/archaeologist/asskicker that doesn't take [cabbage] from anybody and lives around WWII time."

Wait wouldn't the be in the cold war though?

[bleep]er, well its a Brittish insult. To be honest, I wouldn't take that [cabbage]. To be honest, I'm surprised it hasn't been picked up by the censor.

[bleep]er is a playful term, not serious or anything :P

It's like calling someone who just won a cross province marathon lame. (Lame as in can't walk)

Not meant to be taken seriously

image.png image.png

Oh yeah, and I've thought of taking babies and throwing them. For funsies. - Lenticular J

ShamanSniper.gif

ShamanSniper.png

"Isn't it pathetic how everything in our society is built around someone screwing someone else out of their money?" - killerbeer0 on American Society

Rebdragon can't wiz a woz.

[bleep]er is a playful term, not serious or anything :P

It's like calling someone who just won a cross province marathon lame. (Lame as in can't walk)

Not meant to be taken seriously

Actually, its pretty a pretty agressive word here. Mainly because its used like "[bleep]ing [bleep]er."

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Ohhh I see, your from Scotland.

My bad

Most people from everywhere else that isn't UK take it differently, my bad

image.png image.png

Oh yeah, and I've thought of taking babies and throwing them. For funsies. - Lenticular J

ShamanSniper.gif

ShamanSniper.png

"Isn't it pathetic how everything in our society is built around someone screwing someone else out of their money?" - killerbeer0 on American Society

[hide=]

Simo Hayha!

Taken from Cracked.com:

hayha.jpg

Simo Hayha had a fairly boring life in Finland. He served his one mandatory year in the military, and then became a farmer. But when the Soviet Union invaded his homeland in 1939, he decided he wanted to help his country.

Since the majority of fighting took place in the forest, he figured the best way to stop the invasion was to grab his trusty rifle, a couple of cans of food and hide in a tree all day shooting Russians. In six feet of snow. And 20-40 degrees below zero.

hayha2.jpg

Can you spot Hayha? Neither could the Russians.

Of course when the Russians heard that dozens of their men were going down and that it was all one dude with a rifle, they got [bleep] scared. He became known as "The White Death" because of his white camouflage outfit, and they actually mounted whole missions just to kill that one guy.

They started by sending out a task force to find Hayha and take him out. He killed them all.

Then they tried getting together a team of counter-snipers (which are basically snipers that kill snipers) and sent them in to eliminate Hayha. He killed all of them, too.

Over the course of 100 days, Hayha killed 542 people with his rifle. He took out another 150 or so with his SMG, sending his credited kill-count up to 705.

Since everyone they had was either too dead or too scared to go anywhere near him, the Russians just carpet-bombed everywhere they thought he might be. Supposedly, they had the location right, and he actually got hit by a cloud of shrapnel that tore his coat up, but didn't actually hurt him, because he's the [bleep] White Death, damn it.

Finally on March 6th, 1940, some lucky bastard shot Hayha in the head with an exploding bullet. When some other soldiers found him and brought him back to base, he "had half his head missing." The White Death had finally been stopped...

hayha4.jpg

...for about a week. In spite of having come down with a nasty case of shot-in-the-face syndrome, he was still very much alive, and regained consciousness on March 13, the very day the war ended.

[/hide]My vote goes to this guy.

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

IRC Nick: Hiroki | 99 Agility | Max Quest Points | 138 Combat

Bandos drops: 20 Hilt | 22 Chestplate | 21 Tassets | 14 Boots

The true definition of [bleep]er is playful indeed. :?

ROFL :lol: :lol: :lol:

It is true though, there are quite a number of British swears that don't get picked up from the censor so I try avoid them :| I mean, I can't say [wagon] but I can say arsehole.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

Simo Hayha killed more people than the fictional hero Jack Bauer on television... Not saying I necessarily admire killing, but he did what needed to be done. Despite not being the biggest guy around physically, I think it's harder to find a more "badass" man than him, he wasn't psychotic or unstable either.

He had extremely rational strategies, like mentioned, putting snow in his mouth to prevent breath from revealing his location, freezing the snow around him, killing his attacker even with his jaw missing etc.

Even you are forgetting the Äs. :|

It's Häyhä, not Hayha.

C2b6gs7.png

Vassilis Paleokostas

From Wiki

[hide=]is a Greek fugitive who escaped by helicopter twice from a Greek prison while serving a 25-year sentence for kidnapping and robbery. He is believed to have been the mastermind of the kidnapping of George Mylonas, a Greek industrialist, as the ransom paid was traced back to him. His brother, Nikos Paleokostas, is also in prison for 16 bank robberies.

The government of Greece faced intense criticism after his second escape from the same facility, and the government responded by firing three justice ministry officials and arresting three prison guards.

What makes him famous in his hometown is the fact that it is said that he has given most of the stolen money to poor families, making him a local "Robin of the Poor", reminiscent of the famous tale of Robin Hood.[/hide]

If you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

Vassilis Paleokostas

From Wiki

[hide=]is a Greek fugitive who escaped by helicopter twice from a Greek prison while serving a 25-year sentence for kidnapping and robbery. He is believed to have been the mastermind of the kidnapping of George Mylonas, a Greek industrialist, as the ransom paid was traced back to him. His brother, Nikos Paleokostas, is also in prison for 16 bank robberies.

The government of Greece faced intense criticism after his second escape from the same facility, and the government responded by firing three justice ministry officials and arresting three prison guards.

What makes him famous in his hometown is the fact that it is said that he has given most of the stolen money to poor families, making him a local "Robin of the Poor", reminiscent of the famous tale of Robin Hood.[/hide]

Cool but not as badass as I hoped.

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

The badassery is in his name.

image.png image.png

ShamanSniper.gif

ShamanSniper.png

Cant believe Jack Churchill hasnt been mentioned yet. this guy was just a freak and absolutly awesome

He resumed his commission after Poland was invaded, and volunteered for the Commandos after fighting at Dunkirk. Churchill was not sure what Commando Duty entailed, but he signed up because it sounded dangerous. In May 1940, Churchill and his unit, the Manchester Regiment, ambushed a German patrol near l'Epinette, France. Churchill gave the signal to attack by cutting down the enemy Feldwebel (sergeant) with his barbed arrows, becoming the only known British soldier to have felled an enemy with a longbow in the course of the war.

He led two companies in Operation Archery, the raid on the German garrison at Vågsøy, Norway on December 27, 1941. As the ramps fell on the first landing craft, Churchill leapt forward from his position playing The March of the Cameron Men on bagpipes, throwing a grenade and began running towards the bay.

For his actions at Dunkirk and Vaasgo, Churchill received the Military Cross and Bar. He received the Distinguished Service Order in 1943 for capturing the battery at Salerno, while commanding Number 2 Commando. Leading from the front, Churchill infiltrated the town with only a corporal in support. He kidnapped a sentry and forced him to make his comrades surrender. Churchill and the riflemen walked out of town with 42 prisoners and a mortar squad.

In 1944, he led Number 2 Commando in Yugoslavia, where they supported the efforts of Tito's partisans. The commandos raided the German-held island of Bra? and assaulted Hill 622. Only Churchill and six others managed to reach the objective. A mortar shell killed or wounded everyone but Churchill, who played "Will Ye No Come Back Again?" on his pipes as the Germans advanced. He was knocked unconscious by grenades and was flown to Berlin for interrogation after being captured. He was placed in Sachsenhausen concentration camp.

In September 1944, he and an RAF officer crawled under the wire through an abandoned drain and set out to walk to the Baltic coast; they were recaptured near the coastal city of Rostock, only a few miles from the sea. In late April 1945 Churchill was transferred to Tyrol together with about 140 other prominent concentration camp inmates, where the SS left the prisoners behind.

He escaped from Niederdorf, Italy in April 1945 and walked 150 miles to Verona, Italy where he met an American armoured column.

As the Pacific War was still ongoing Churchill was sent to Burma, where the largest land battles against Japan were still raging, but by the time he reached India, Hiroshima and Nagasaki had been bombed, and the war abruptly ended. Churchill was said to be unhappy with the abrupt end of the war, saying it could have lasted ten more years if the Americans hadn't intervened

In 1946 Twentieth Century Fox was making Ivanhoe with Churchills old rowing companion Robert Taylor. The movie studio hired Churchill to appear as an archer, firing from the walls of Warwick Castle.

After World War II ended, Churchill qualified as a parachutist, transferred to the Seaforth Highlanders, and later ended up in Palestine as second-in-command of 1st Battalion, the Highland Light Infantry. In the spring of 1948, just before the end of the British mandate in the region, Churchill became involved in another conflict. Along with twelve of his soldiers, he attempted to assist the Hadassah medical convoy that came under attack by hundreds of Arabs. Following the massacre, he coordinated the evacuation of 700 Jewish doctors, students and patients from the Hadassah hospital on the Hebrew University campus on Mount Scopus in Jerusalem.

In later years, Churchill served as an instructor at the land-air warfare school in Australia, where he became a passionate devotee of the surfboard. Back in England, he was the first man to ride the River Severns five-foot tidal bore and designed his own board.

He finally retired from the army in 1959, with two awards of the Distinguished Service Order, and died in Surrey in 1996.

99wcsigpk9.jpg

Started new account: flipflop v2

Yeah, Jack Churchill is one crazy son of a [bleep] :P

Going into war with a bow, a huge [wagon] sword, and bagpipes :D

image.png image.png

ShamanSniper.gif

ShamanSniper.png

Holy [cabbage], now that takes ball (and serious multi-tasking skills).

Right now, IMO it's either down to the Finish sniper or Churchill, churchill was plain mental, but the Finish sniper had killed 700 people, including ambush squads with him as their sole goal while living through the Finish winter.

Holy [cabbage], now that takes ball (and serious multi-tasking skills).

Right now, IMO it's either down to the Finish sniper or Churchill, churchill was plain mental, but the Finish sniper had killed 700 people, including ambush squads with him as their sole goal while living through the Finish winter.

Id say the finnish sniper is much more awesome, sure churchill did some amazing stuff but anything accomplished in -40 fahrenheit gets a multiplier.

awteno.jpg

Orthodoxy is unconciousness

the only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed.

Yeah, Jack Churchill is one crazy son of a [bleep] :P

Going into war with bagpipes :D

That alone makes him badass.

Those other two were perfectly viable means of combat, though outdated.

A bow is quieter than a gun remember.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

[hide=]Maj. Klein, who volunteered to lead his Golani Brigade Battalion 51 into battle, was killed in the line of duty on July 26, 2006, during the Second Lebanon War.

While fighting in the hostile village of Bint Jbil in southern Lebanon, Klein and his men were ambushed by Hizbullah terrorists. Maj. Klein led a group of soldiers and tried to attack the terrorists from behind, but they were stopped by a wall. Klein then began treating one of the wounded, at which point a terrorist hurled a grenade at the group. Soldiers who survived the battle - eight did not - reported that Ro'i jumped upon the grenade, absorbing the brunt of the explosion and saving the men around him. Though mortally wounded, Klein tried to continue to communicate by radio to his superiors.[/hide]

Does this count?

lick your elbow

I did that. Had my friend jerk my arm backwards so I could reach.

Messed up my shoulder, which was part of the recent shoulder problems I had. Had to do rehabilitating exercises and was close to never being able to shoot my bow again.

But I licked my elbow.

35b9enp.jpg