Musings of a long-forgotten minigame

The normal scroll champs have their levels multiplied by four.

I think rather than a static level, a level similar to the old Evil Chicken random would be more appropriate. This way the champion level would get higher the higher combat you are, always ensuring there would be a fair challenge across the board regardless of your combat.

Champions of Champions could be set in classes, such as:

Demons (Lesser, Greater, Imp..)

Giants (Jogre, Ogre, Giant..)

Undead (Zombie, Ghoul, Shade..)

Fiends (Waterfiends, Pyrefiends, Icefiends..)

Ect..

Either way, If they make scrolls slightly more common and widen the amount of champions, it will greatly improve the game without the need to boost any of the rewards huge amounts. For defeating any champion there should be a 5k slayer reward and a lamp able to give 5k xp in any skill. If there were 40+ champions this small reward would well be enough to make the mini game worth it.

But that makes it too easy to complete, the only thing keeping it difficult at the moment is the absurdly rare drop rates, I say leave the lower champions as they are and make 10 Race chamopions, with epic rewards.

Also, its not supposed to be fair accross the board, its supposed to be for high leveled players.

2Xeo5.png

But that makes it too easy to complete, the only thing keeping it difficult at the moment is the absurdly rare drop rates, I say leave the lower champions as they are and make 10 Race chamopions, with epic rewards.

Not necessarily, for example if the Champion was always 400% of your combat level.

Lv. 3 Player = Lv. 12 Champion

Lv. 50 Player = Lv. 200 Champion

Lv. 100 Player = Lv. 400 Champion

Lv. 138 Player = Lv. 552 Champion

This way you couldn't just train combat up to make a fight easier, but rather the fight would always be challenging no matter what, thus making the challenge that much harder to defeat.

dawnsigblue-3.png

Not necessarily, for example if the Champion was always 400% of your combat level.

Lv. 3 Player = Lv. 12 Champion

Lv. 50 Player = Lv. 200 Champion

Lv. 100 Player = Lv. 400 Champion

Lv. 138 Player = Lv. 552 Champion

This way you couldn't just train combat up to make a fight easier, but rather the fight would always be challenging no matter what, thus making the challenge that much harder to defeat.

But that would mean all the champions would need to be the same level. you would need to adjust the different percentages.

2Xeo5.png

Someone wants an easier way to finish his monster examine guide... :-w

ruins.png De_Elite_One.png

Inefficiency = fun. That's objective and can't be debated. Ever.

Blog to 200m in all skills.

Max cape achieved November 5th, 2011.

Completionist cape achieved December 29th, 2011.

Final Boss title achieved December 28th, 2014.

Trimmed completionist cape achieved November 7th, 2015.

very nice

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

Also, its not supposed to be fair accross the board, its supposed to be for high leveled players.

No it's not.

Aside from the people that actively hunt for them, which is a small percentage, most of the monsters that drop the scrolls cater to the low-mid level players. High leveled players don't have the tendency, aside from killcounts in GWD, to actually hunt for Goblins, Imps, Jogres etc.

Thus, a new low-lvl player might end up with an Imp Champion scroll by chance, imagine him going to the Champion's Guild only to see a lvl 400 roidraged Imp shuffle about hitting accurate 30s. That's not exactly good.

I say, if you want to make strong, worthy bosses, do it for the race champions (TzHaar, Werewolves, etc) as there will be only a slim chance to catch people unprepared.

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

I posted this in Erichermit's thread before, as another possible set of rewards.

I'll admit, a few are probably overpowered while a few others seem essential, or at least hard to be argued as too powerful.

Please read them carefully, as I put a lot of thought into them.

It is also possible that these rewards could be combined with the OP's, since these are mostly for individual champions and not overall.

[hide=+]14cbqlc.jpg[/hide]

10k XP reward lamp for every fight as well as...

[hide=Gnome]Ability:

Greatly increased Gnome Restaurant rewards, including new rewards that are tradable but only obtainable through the minigame after you've defeated this champion.

Item:

Dark blue light red trimmed (Agility Cape colors) add-on pieces for the Spottier Cape, Penance Gloves, and Boots of Lightness, as well as a new torso and legs that have the same weight reduction.[/hide]

[hide=Tzhaar]Ability:

If you have reached Tz-Tok Jad in the Fight Caves minigame, you may skip directly to him once every day. Also, if you have defeated him at least once, you may buy Fire Capes for 16k TokKul each.

Item:

The double-bladed obsidian ax, of course! Since this would surely be the most difficult champion to defeat, the stats of the weapon should make it the "Godsword of battleaxes". For the special attack, if it has one, you throw the ax, and it continually hits the target until the target returns a melee attack. Your special attack energy lowers by 1 square for every attack. It should never be lost in the process.[/hide]

[hide=Werewolf]Ability: You can wear 1 'ability' ring (Ring of Wealth, Ring of Life) and 1 stat ring (Berserker Ring, Beacon Ring) at the same time. You can also wear a pair of gloves with a pair of bracelets (so yes, requiring two bracelets of the same kind) for 1 of the bracelets' effects and stats plus the effects and stats of the pair of gloves.

148lqb7.png

Gloves would show up in the normal slot, and when you had two of the same type of bracelet, you could click on one and they'd both automatically equip and show as 'stacked' in the inverted slot. Also, if you just wanted to wear two bracelets, you would equip those without equipping gloves.

The same goes for the rings - the combat one goes in the normal slot, and the ability one goes in the inverted slot.

The inverted button I added would be for toggling this ability on and off, so that you could wear bracelets and ability rings normally. The button would only appear when you were able to use this ability.

As for worn appearance, I'd think it to be simple just to have them overlap on both arms over the gloves.

Regen Braces + Barrows Gloves:

Attack:+20, +20, +20, +9, +19

Defence:+18, +18, +18, +9, +18

Strength:+19

Plus the x2 healing ability of the bracelets.

Item:

I like the idea of a Ranged/Magic Slayer mask, but I'd rather it just be an addition to the current Slayer Helmet. Red glowing eyes...

Make the Helmet look like something out of Killzone 2. Awesome.[/hide]

[hide=Elf]Ability:

You can purchase Crystal equipment that does not degrade for 2x the 'new' price. There should be slight differences in appearance. Also, you can have Ilfeen enchant the Crystal Saw and Crystal Chimes to be able to change on the spot, as well as making the Crystal Saw last an infinite number of uses.

Item:

A Crystal dagger nearly identical stat-wise to the SC ones with added slash bonus. The speed is 7. The special attack consumes a full bar and restores Prayer.[/hide]

[hide=Dwarf]Ability:

You can buy Granite Boots!

You can combine (or have combined by an NPC) Plateleg and skirt armors for bonuses equal to 1.5 x one of the original.

You must first have a special untradable connection piece dropped only by certain monsters.

Dragon Skirtlegs:

Defense:

+102, +99, +95, -6, +98

Weight: 18Kg

Item:

A wieldable Blast Fusion Hammer, the "Godsword of warhammers". The special attack does +15%, and can hit higher depending on the opponent's weight.[/hide]

[hide=All]Ability:

New emote(s), certain special armors can be trimmed (untradable Dragon (G) for example, probably by the same NPC that combines leg armors), you can change to the Champions crest (POH).

Item:

A Champion's Badge that can be attached to the Quest Point Cape for +4 Prayer, a 50k XP reward lamp.[/hide]

2dgucz6.png

i agree that the rewards are seiously out of whack.. but your scaling is a bit too high... 1750 hp? thats nearly Corporeal beast! Id preferr if ythe scrolls were made much more common, BUT! they released a new series of scrolls for higher leveled monsters that are much more difficult.

That would eliminate the point of the whole thing.

We're trying to discuss an appropriate way to continue this insanely difficult challenge, and reward those who are brave and tactical enough to defeat it.

We don't want to make it easier, we want to make it incredibly hard to defeat, we want it to be dangerous and test even players with maxed out stats.

And we want those who are great enough to be successful to be rewarded extremely well.

Once again - We DO NOT want it made easier, not by any means. Quite the opposite, we want to make it insanely difficult.

I'm thinking along these lines:

The normal scroll champs have their levels multiplied by four(As has already been stated) and have their rewards multipled by around 40.

The ten REAL rewards come from the race champions,

So a few new races may need to enter into the champions hall, but these ten rewards need to be incredibly powerful, and the champion's of champion's need to be incredibly difficult to defeat.

you misunderstand me. what im saying is that you would have to hunt for the current champions,with the same reward, before you could hunt for higher level champions that have much better rewards. that's the only reason i said that the current scrolls should be more common.

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

The normal scroll champs have their levels multiplied by four.

I think rather than a static level, a level similar to the old Evil Chicken random would be more appropriate. This way the champion level would get higher the higher combat you are, always ensuring there would be a fair challenge across the board regardless of your combat.

Champions of Champions could be set in classes, such as:

Demons (Lesser, Greater, Imp..)

Giants (Jogre, Ogre, Giant..)

Undead (Zombie, Ghoul, Shade..)

Fiends (Waterfiends, Pyrefiends, Icefiends..)

Ect..

Either way, If they make scrolls slightly more common and widen the amount of champions, it will greatly improve the game without the need to boost any of the rewards huge amounts. For defeating any champion there should be a 5k slayer reward and a lamp able to give 5k xp in any skill. If there were 40+ champions this small reward would well be enough to make the mini game worth it.

For the love of monster examine, no! :lol:

• Never trust anyone. You are always alone, and betrayal is inevitable.
  • Nothing is safe from the jaws of the decompiler.

Sounds like you have a got great plan to me. Jagex really should use your ideas to make this old minigame better.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Multitool - This one's a bit more realistic. Allows you to combine every skill tool in the game into one item: dragon hatchet, dragon pickaxe, knife, tinderbox, all types of fishing equipment (no bait), all farming tools, all hunter tools, all slayer weapons and shields, needle, pestle and mortar, saw, hammer and omni-talisman. Also allows one weapon and shield of each combat type, respectively. The final "Multitool" is untradeable. Players can only have one. Losing the Multitool will result in all your items being saved. The next Multitool you obtain will keep all your items. Your Multitool will automatically transform into whatever you need at the time, in an orange burst of magic. Item #7.

What if you had to use the item whose ability would be gained by the multitool on the multitool, thereby destroying the original item?

cwsiggyfinal.jpg

Sig by me, in MS paint, but I'm still working on it.

Suggestions appreciated

This guide is as concise as a gourmet's handbook with the guidelines of "Pick up fork, stab food, insert into your mouth, then chew".

I like the ideas of improving the game and am only trying to improve upon them, but my question is, why a multi-tool?

A Skilling Mulit-tool sounds like an illogical reward to a minigame that is 100% combat related.

You don't get 100 herb seeds for completing the fire caves, or dragon daggers for mining shooting stars.

A new reward is agreed, but you need to make it combat related or something related to each race.

dawnsigblue-3.png

You can combine (or have combined by an NPC) Plateleg and skirt armors for bonuses equal to 1.5 x one of the original.

You must first have a special untradable connection piece dropped only by certain monsters.

Dragon Skirtlegs:

All-though i quite like your ideas, the example you gave would be a bit too similar to an armadyl plateskirt.

blogsignature.png

Click my signature for my blog!

the rewards seem a lil too good imo. Yes, it's extremely hard to get it, but a lot of people will if it's worth it, and soon nearly everyone will get the rewards.

to be fair the scrolls are extremely rare and most of the bosses would be a challenge by themselfs, but i do agree that ring would be a little to good, i'd just kill all the gwd bosses once and be done with it.

Pit_Guardian.png

Gamertag: EFs Predator.

Games I play: Halo 3, Halo wars.

Dragon Skirtlegs:

All-though i quite like your ideas, the example you gave would be a bit too similar to an armadyl plateskirt.

Wow. Honestly I thought someone would bring up an issue about their stats before the aesthetics. The Armadyl Plateskirt has rather large gaps and the leg armor is not connected to the skirt. What I was describing would be full connection, with no gaps. In fact, the Dragon Plateskirt would overlap the Dragon Platelegs.

2dgucz6.png