YOU vs. Mediocrity

It's dragon plateskirt, the average Joe can't afford those mighty platelegs while saving up for that awe-inspiring Godsword now can he?

But anyways, I would differ in, well, a lot of ways. I got all my 99s because I enjoy the skill. I got my quest cape first, and I had my sights on completing all quests before the cape was even released. I also like defense quite a bit more, just to be different.

Picture3-1-1-1.jpg

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotta love Joe's dmed tbh. I never ever wore that outfit at all, berserker/ neizoit > dmed. Its such an easy quest requirement for a great overall helm too.

Total Level 2247- 11x 99s All Combat Skills, Slayer, Summoning, Woodcutting, Herblore

I find that people like Joe are plebes, I shall never even think about being like them. I play Runescape for fun, not to try and impress/be better than everyone else. Perhaps the only thing I have in common with these players is that I prefer strength over other melee skills (mainly because I boycott whips ::' ). There's loads of em in world 68...

I wonder who started the d med g body armour trend.

redarrows-1.png

Let's see... I'll poke the paragraphs in order.

1) My typical outfit for killing is SC headgear, obby cape (it looks cool! Don't knock the looking cool!), gnome amulet (+13 stab slash crush def!), d long (cba to get d scimmy and only 67 attack), red dhide, obby shield (see obby cape.), red dhide, black rfd gloves, rune boots, and RING. OF. LIFE.

Also green dragons are in the wilderness and I do not LIKE the wilderness.

2) ON the godsword: #-o yeah, um... pretty-lookin', but I'll just borrow. Only reason I want to go to GWD is so I can go to TET(AU) events and have far too much fun. Aaand Strength? :lol: Yeah right! ... what are these experiments that you speak of and why are people so fond of them? DEFENCE FTW!

Dharok's is far too dangerous for me. I do not like wandering around with 1 hp. It scares me.

3) ^^' I wants one too, Joe! But Fletching and Cooking are booooring. And yes. Trims are cool.

4) Eeewww, green dragons. DIE, QUEST-HATING SCUM! ... I will get barrows gloves around the time I finish Summer's End, when I have quests that need to be finished.

THERE IS STORY IN THERE FOR A REASON YANNO.

5) ... Well, considering I check the RS site compulsively and only go on the RSOF to check where the penguins are this week, I think I have this one out. Also I find chatspeak repulsive.

6) DIE, STEALING CREATION-HATING SCUM! ... Although SW is pretty fun... about... once a month.

DIE, SKILL-HATING SCUM!

Balance may be power, but chaos is still pretty damn fun.

Lielac.png

Canada can't be second rate, polar bears are their main mode of transportation.

sorry to troll but mediocracy isn't a word

it's mediocrity

just thought i would let you know

[hide]

Damnit, I tripped over Magzar's half inflated blow-up doll and hurt myself. I wish he wouldn't leave that thing lying around. -.-

[/hide]

it's mediocrity

Lies.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/mediocracy

True, mediocrity would be the better word to use here, but for pity's sake look up words before you say they don't exist. -.-

And if you're going to complain about words not existing while completely failing to contribute to the topic, at least have the decency to use proper grammar while doing it.

Too much studying for finals, it's making me tetchy.

ab38dfd9d8.png

bluehooloovo.png

bluehooloovo.png

[hide=]

The light at the end of the tunnel is the demon-infested lava pit.

blue = sad

hoo = who

loo = 100

vo = broken ice cream cone = sad children = sad babies = dead babies

bluehooloovo = sadwho100deadbabies = Who is sad about 100 dead babies?

I've cracked the code!

[/hide]Blog

I'm going to talk about John.

John likes almost everything in runescape, ranging from combat to quests and minigames. John is communly found killing some monsters, but most of the time he realises he has a lot of herbs or other supplies for skills.

Then John starts skilling, and when he is out of resources, he buys some more if he enjoyed it. John takes a look at his quest list and sees he has done all the quests he can do on his level. Suddenly he sees he only needs two more crafting levels for a quest he hasn't finished yet, so he rushes to the crafting guild with his rune pickaxe and starts mining gold and silver. After mining, smelting and crafting John enjoys his quests and completes it without a guide.

John needs some hunting levels, because who doesn't want to be able to catch lvl 4 swarms in stealing creation? He enjoys his minigame, but he wants something more challenging, like fist of guthix. Armed with his runecrater robes he wins a few matches and buys rune gauntlets, and sells the on the GE for some nice profit.

He also likes outfits, and loves to wear his ringmaster hat and zamorak god cape, as well wearing items no-one has ever heard of, like machetes. His life is led by what he enjoys doing, his money made by those activities and his goals are just some small increases if his level, so he can have more fun with friends and in minigames!

I'm like John, and this way of playing got me to 93 cmb, 1275 total and 3m bankvalue in 6 years of playing ;)

it's mediocrity

Mediocracy is a word, although granted not the best. Adjusted accordingly.

:)

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

it's mediocrity

Lies.

True, mediocrity would be the better word to use here, but for pity's sake look up words before you say they don't exist. -.-

And if you're going to complain about words not existing while completely failing to contribute to the topic, at least have the decency to use proper grammar while doing it.

Mediocracy is an invented word coined to describe a mediocre system of government. There are plenty of "words" like it in the dictionary, but they're still just made up terms.(Type it in and watch the squiggly red line appear) I could make up the term borocracy(boring + -ocrasy) and if i used it enough and get it spreading it would end up in the dictionary. That still wouldn't make it a real word. A good example is Melange. It's a made up medicine, from a book, and it's in the dictionary.

My grammar was fine by the way, I simply left out the noun.

[hide]

Damnit, I tripped over Magzar's half inflated blow-up doll and hurt myself. I wish he wouldn't leave that thing lying around. -.-

[/hide]

it's mediocrity

Lies.

Mediocracy is an invented word coined to describe a mediocre system of government. There are plenty of "words" like it in the dictionary, but they're still just made up terms.(Type it in and watch the squiggly red line appear) I could make up the term borocracy(boring + -ocrasy) and if i used it enough and get it spreading it would end up in the dictionary. That still wouldn't make it a real word. A good example is Melange. It's a made up medicine, from a book, and it's in the dictionary.

My grammar was fine by the way, I simply left out the noun.

Not capitalizing + no punctuation = bad grammar. All words are made up at one point or another. Languages evolve; new words are created. If the word "catches on" and fills a need, then it sticks around and becomes a "real" word and part of the language.

Sorry for helping to hijack the thread, unknwn. Magzar, if you would like to continue to debate, please PM me so that we don't drive things more off topic.

ab38dfd9d8.png

bluehooloovo.png

bluehooloovo.png

[hide=]

The light at the end of the tunnel is the demon-infested lava pit.

blue = sad

hoo = who

loo = 100

vo = broken ice cream cone = sad children = sad babies = dead babies

bluehooloovo = sadwho100deadbabies = Who is sad about 100 dead babies?

I've cracked the code!

[/hide]Blog

How am I different? well, the first part was pretty much a description of my early Runescape life, although I never owned a granite plate, never used a dragon med helm as an armor, or those gauntlets. I didn't do experiments or green dragons to train/get money, but I did Yaks/Giant skelletons, which isn't too different. I do enjoy questing, and I try to do quests as soon as they come out and without a guide. I try to pay attention to all the details in the story of the quest. I read all updates carefully, and never use the rants forums.

Although I admit I was once a Joe, whenever I see a player like that nowadays, it just annoys me.

16185_s.gif

Well. I train skillsm like RC and such. I do quests, often. Often after a new one has been released. 230 QP has to say something, right?

Strength is my highest combat skill, but for another reason. See I sold my whip for 99 cooking (I won't lie, I did want a cape bad just like our pal Joe) and I decided to train Str so I wouldn't have to switch back to the good ol' D scimitar to train Str.

Currently I am training my RC to 60 to buy a D chain.

I wield a Helm of Neitiznot. Barrows gloves too.

In my early early days I mined essence for my first set of full rune. Then I chopped 4k yews and 1k mages for my upgrades. I worked countless hours for a whip when it was 2.1mil. Also a D axe when it was 3 mil.

Oh and I know how to grammar :P

goblin512.png

It's kinda funny actually. I used to use Joe's equipment with some differences based on the time

[hide=Equipment]Dragon Med Helm, Platelegs, Sq Shield, Rock-shell Platebody, Rune Boots, Chaos Gauntlets, Amulet of Glory, Dragon Longsword, and when Tzhaar was released, Toktz-Ket-Xil, Obsidian Cape a bit later, and an Amulet of Fury[/hide]

when it wasn't 'nooby'. I also got a Granite Body myself on day of release.

I'm very different from Joe in other respects though...

I always pay attention for updates and glean as much info from the official sources (KB now, before, RSOF/newsposts) before going and trying to figure out the rest.

I did most of the quests before HD was released, which I regret, but I was also pretty proud of the Quest Cape and generally impressed with the storylines. It's always so grand to see new mechanics used in RS quests, too. You can see so much improvement depending on how long you've played.

I train or have trained all skills before; if my level is lower in a certain few, it's not because I don't know how to train that skill, but rather that I don't enjoy it or have a use for it.

I've killed a Green Dragon before. Elvarg.

I don't believe I've ever grinded combat, except a bit through Slayer. But then that isn't grinding, since you change targets and locations so often.

I have no aspirations for any of the common capes and see no point in getting them either. My only 99 is Hitpoints, which I got fully naturally. My combat stats are very balanced too, and have never been more than 3 levels apart.

As others here have said, most Joes will wear Dragon Plateskirts instead of Platelegs and Combat Braces instead of Dragon Gauntlets.

I have never been a Joe, as Joes began appearing much later in my RS experience, and I wised up as soon as I got members (at level 35 combat).

2dgucz6.png

It's all a state of mind. Once you accept that every player has the potential to do everything in the game, the only barrier to becoming 2376 is time. By acknowledging to myself that I would be playing Runescape for a long enough period to become a high-level player, it became a simple task to organize my gameplay to become one. Instead of sitting around thinking, "Gee, it would be awesome if I had a fishing cape," I went out and got a fishing cape, because I knew there was nothing stopping me.

So now I am high-level and rich with multiple skillcapes and I know pretty much everything I'd ever need to know about the game, and whatever I don't know, I know where to look it up.

I can truefuly say that i'm totaly different from joe.

i always read about new updates on the homepage and i rarely grind at a skill non-stop.

the way i play goes something along the lines of:

START _________________________________________

| | | |

v v | |

train skill for 30 minutes.---> get bored---------------> do quest----------->finish quest

A ____________|____________________________________________

| | | |

| v v v

train different skill spend money on minigame or items get killed

\ /

kill green drags

|

v

return to START

this way the game never gets boring much. i just hope that none of the flowchart gets garbled.

this does not acount for TET events.

╬╩╦╩╦╩╦╩╦╩╦╩╦╩╬

╬╦╩╦╩╦╩╦╩╦╩╦╩╦╬

╬╩╦╩╦╩╦╩╦╩╦╩╦╩╬

╬╦╩╦╩╦╩╦╩╦╩╦╩╦╬

╬╩╦╩╦╩╦╩╦╩╦╩╦╩╬

╬╦╩╦╩╦╩╦╩╦╩╦╩╦╬

╬╩╦╩╦╩╦╩╦╩╦╩╦╩╬

╬╦╩╦╩╦╩╦╩╦╩╦╩╦╬

╬╩╦╩╦╩╦╩╦╩╦╩╦╩╬

╬╦╩╦╩╦╩╦╩╦╩╦╩╦╬

╬╩╦╩╦╩╦╩╦╩╦╩╦╩╬

↑↑↑↑↑↑↑

Insert Head Here

I can truefuly say that i'm totaly different from joe.

i always read about new updates on the homepage and i rarely grind at a skill non-stop.

the way i play goes something along the lines of:

START _________________________________________

| | | |

v v | |

train skill for 30 minutes.---> get bored---------------> do quest----------->finish quest

A ____________|____________________________________________

| | | |

| v v v

train different skill spend money on minigame or items get killed

\ /

kill green drags

|

v

return to START

this way the game never gets boring much. i just hope that none of the flowchart gets garbled.

this does not acount for TET events.

dammit!

╬╩╦╩╦╩╦╩╦╩╦╩╦╩╬

╬╦╩╦╩╦╩╦╩╦╩╦╩╦╬

╬╩╦╩╦╩╦╩╦╩╦╩╦╩╬

╬╦╩╦╩╦╩╦╩╦╩╦╩╦╬

╬╩╦╩╦╩╦╩╦╩╦╩╦╩╬

╬╦╩╦╩╦╩╦╩╦╩╦╩╦╬

╬╩╦╩╦╩╦╩╦╩╦╩╦╩╬

╬╦╩╦╩╦╩╦╩╦╩╦╩╦╬

╬╩╦╩╦╩╦╩╦╩╦╩╦╩╬

╬╦╩╦╩╦╩╦╩╦╩╦╩╦╬

╬╩╦╩╦╩╦╩╦╩╦╩╦╩╬

↑↑↑↑↑↑↑

Insert Head Here

I AM average Joe. Hear me cry.

I like quests a lot better, though. I've played for a lot longer. Only this last December did I actually get good at the game. I had gotten to level 66 in 4 years of playing and in a month I got to level 86 with all my skills 50+. Now I've kinda mellowed out on my RS drive and am chilling around, PKing, doing nothing. I feel a lot like Joe everyday, and it makes me sad.

wow.jpg

Glad to know my homies are looking out for me.

Definetly different.

Though you wouldnt expect from a 12 year old, i like questing for the sheer fun and story of it.

I hate short, dull quests which compensates the wasted time with the rewards.

All of my stats are 50-80, so i train quite equally, although i must admit that my melees are my highest stats.

Godswords arent cool because they cost/hit much but because their tactical value.

Same goes for pretty much all skills.

YOU 1 - Mediocrity 0

:P

I HEARD YOU LIEK MUDKIPS

Runescape is mostly 13+ with just a few under that age.

Drops: Bones

Man, I love the stereotype you put up here. The sad thing is that there are actually 1000s of these people running around in Runescape. On the other hand, if everyone was like me, I wouldn't like it either. Gotta stand out from the crowd I guess.