How Could the Holocaust Happen? - A Social Experiment

Dizzle229

My teacher told us about someone else demonstrating this, how easily people are influenced. I can't remember it right now though... :wall:

Modernish history? That's going to bug me all night now...

SoLawny.png

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you should see the movie "The Diary of Anne Frank" it was a great movie about a family in the WWII days. But I'm not so sure if it talked about your question. But, it showed what would happen to the Jew during the days like how they lived and hide and the process of going to concentration camps.

Isn't the book form the most widely sold book behind The Bible?

yah my teacher told me that

Mustangs407.png

you should see the movie "The Diary of Anne Frank" it was a great movie about a family in the WWII days. But I'm not so sure if it talked about your question. But, it showed what would happen to the Jew during the days like how they lived and hide and the process of going to concentration camps.

Isn't the book form the most widely sold book behind The Bible?

yah my teacher told me that

Yes it is. But the bible (religion aside...) is the most widely sold today and will be for some time in the future...

That would be the greatest sitcom ever. Hitler and Stalin would be college roomates learning to live with eachother. I'd watch it :thumbsup:

lol, Definitly this is true. I would watch this sitcom too.

My teacher did something similar to this a while ago to explain how people were sent to the Gulag camps in Russia. Randomly in the middle of class, he got really angry because apparently someone stole a donut off his desk. He was being really serious, and told everybody to take out a piece of paper and to write down anything they knew about who stole his donut. Before class, he took one kid aside and told him what was going to happen, and to write down anything he wanted. The kid wrote down that his friend stole it, and so my teacher brought that kid out into the hall and "sent him to detention". Just because one person said he did it, with no proof, and he had no chance to defend himself.

Hah, this example reminded me of my favorite book... It's called Wizard's First Rule and it is by Terry Goodkind. It tells a story of how... well i won't go into the book now. Anyway the main point is that the "wizard's first rule" is that People will believe anything given that the thing to be believed in COULD by true, or the people will believe it just as most people do.(bandwagon effect)

What reminded me about the book was when you said he had no proof and no chance to defend himself, just instantly clicked. I knew what I was thinking about. :lol:

Mlskid.png
Summoning help:
[hide=Wio, lol]logioh.png[/hide]

I got another idea. Ask a large group of Americans and ask them if homosexuals should be punished in some way. Wiped off the face of the earth, imprisioned, send off to another island, cut their [bleep]s off, etc. Replace homosexuals with Jews and you got much support.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

I got another idea. Ask a large group of Americans and ask them if homosexuals should be punished in some way. Wiped off the face of the earth, imprisioned, send off to another island, cut their [bleep]s off, etc. Replace homosexuals with Jews and you got much support.

So basically, the equivalent of starting a thread saying "Do you think all people deserve basic human rights, answer Yes or No, then changing the original post to "Do you think all non-Muslims should be exterminated" once everyone has posted?

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

So basically, the equivalent of starting a thread saying "Do you think all people deserve basic human rights, answer Yes or No, then changing the original post to "Do you think all Muslims should be exterminated" once everyone has posted?

Take out the 'non-', but yeah. Today we had a discussion on homosexual marriage, and basically the blacks in the room were spear-heading the attack against gay marriage. Its funny but sad to hear that the blacks think racial segeration that happened to them pre-60s is discrimination but bashing on homosexuals is not. :roll: In the name of the Bible. :roll:

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

So basically, the equivalent of starting a thread saying "Do you think all people deserve basic human rights, answer Yes or No, then changing the original post to "Do you think all Muslims should be exterminated" once everyone has posted?

Take out the 'non-', but yeah. Today we had a discussion on homosexual marriage, and basically the blacks in the room were spear-heading the attack against gay marriage. Its funny but sad to hear that the blacks think racial segeration that happened to them pre-60s is discrimination but bashing on homosexuals is not. :roll: In the name of the Bible. :roll:

That honestly made me laugh.

I'd have thought that the blacks would be most open to this idea, but I guess some are not. Pretty funny that if someone is racist everyone basically attacks them, yet judging on sexual preferences is different?

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

Great logic, huh? I just wanna know what would happen in the Bible said "Do not be a black man as you be a white man, for it is a sin." :lol:

siggy3s.jpg

A lot of religous nuts would accept it as fact, and well, who knows what would happen?

I suppose your example sounds close to Hitler's view on Jews.

To put it simply, the Bible can say a lot of things, and influence a lot of people. Personally, I think it has some lessons we should take from it, but I don't believe we should take it serious. In my eyes, it is a piece of fiction, created for explanation in the time we needed it, we have since become more knowledgable, and can regard it as fiction. Yet it does teach some good lessons and morals.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

I honestly just think that the Bible argument is the funniest thing that's ever happened to debates.

http://www.videosift.com/video/West-Win ... radio-host

I love that show.

[English translation needed]

Our teacher gave us an example during class of how Hitler could do it...

A teacher was doing a social experiment on his class. The first day, he told them "by the end of this semester, I will show you exactly how Hitler was able to turn everyone against the Jews." He immediately separated the class (something like Light hair on the right, Dark hair on the left or something).

He started out small, so everything was hardly noticable. He would talk to The side of the class with dark hair much more often then he would with the light. Then he began to refer to the other group as "Them" and "Those people over there". He would give them the worst textbooks. If a test or assignment was passed out, he would give it to the dark-haired people first, then the light haired people, and he always made sure he did not have enough for the second group. The teacher noted that, even out of his class, the groups would segregate themselves. They would refer to the other group as "them" and the dark-haired people would take advantage over them.

The last day of class, the teacher reminded everybody what he said he would do at the beginning of the year. He would show them how Hitler made the country discriminate and segregate the Jews. He told every body to mix themselves up: go back to were they sat at the beginning of the year.

Nobody wanted to move

Snowball997.png

Ok... Im not that good. But I have an anchor!!!

Our teacher gave us an example during class of how Hitler could do it...

A teacher was doing a social experiment on his class. The first day, he told them "by the end of this semester, I will show you exactly how Hitler was able to turn everyone against the Jews." He immediately separated the class (something like Light hair on the right, Dark hair on the left or something).

He started out small, so everything was hardly noticable. He would talk to The side of the class with dark hair much more often then he would with the light. Then he began to refer to the other group as "Them" and "Those people over there". He would give them the worst textbooks. If a test or assignment was passed out, he would give it to the dark-haired people first, then the light haired people, and he always made sure he did not have enough for the second group. The teacher noted that, even out of his class, the groups would segregate themselves. They would refer to the other group as "them" and the dark-haired people would take advantage over them.

The last day of class, the teacher reminded everybody what he said he would do at the beginning of the year. He would show them how Hitler made the country discriminate and segregate the Jews. He told every body to mix themselves up: go back to were they sat at the beginning of the year.

Nobody wanted to move

That is crazy. I wish my teachers had down something like that. However, they were successful in giving me understanding as to how and why the nazis were able to make the Holocaust happen without such experiments.

Something Holocaust-related that I'm very interested in is Holocaust-deniers. How are people able to deny the Holocaust? Whenever I hear about them on the news I'm never told where the denier gets the info that leads them to the decision that the Holocaust never happened or is grossly overexaggerated.

Cowards can't block Warriors.

And with your post, snowball, I'm convinced.

More classes need to do things like this.

On Thursday the teacher admitted that while she and the "victims" were in the hall, several teachers and administrators walked by and saw them with their heads against the wall, made a confused face, looked like they were about to say something, then just kept on walking.

This just says so much.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

Something Holocaust-related that I'm very interested in is Holocaust-deniers. How are people able to deny the Holocaust? Whenever I hear about them on the news I'm never told where the denier gets the info that leads them to the decision that the Holocaust never happened or is grossly overexaggerated.

A large amount of them are islamic extremists(damn cliched term) who want to further their anti Israel goals by denying one of the reasons Israel was created. Then of course there will be some neo nazis and after that just plain idiots. The only group I can see being "legit" are people who think the death numbers are overrated; however, I fail to see the need to fight numerical semantics on something like genocide.

awteno.jpg

Orthodoxy is unconciousness

the only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed.

A large amount of them are islamic extremists(damn cliched term) who want to further their anti Israel goals by denying one of the reasons Israel was created. Then of course there will be some neo nazis and after that just plain idiots. The only group I can see being "legit" are people who think the death numbers are overrated; however, I fail to see the need to fight numerical semantics on something like genocide.

I don't think that answered his question. He wanted to know how people are able to deny the Holocaust, not why or who does it. How do they justify their beliefs? I mean, to convince others, they must have ways to justify themselves, even if it is by flawed logic.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

I don't think that answered his question. He wanted to know how people are able to deny the Holocaust, not why or who does it. How do they justify their beliefs? I mean, to convince others, they must have ways to justify themselves, even if it is by flawed logic.

What I read about it shows that they deny or ignore pieces of evidence that supports it, such as eyewitness reports (from prisoners and guards alike), and reports made by the Nazis themselves (whom apparently kept many records about it).

A mix of delusion and power craving; ironically the same thing that justified the holocaust in the first place

awteno.jpg

Orthodoxy is unconciousness

the only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed.

• 2 weeks later...

similar experience,

once when me and some friends were late to history (stupid bus driver!) we were told to sit underneth a table. when we complained that the bottom of the table was covered in chewing gum and that there wasn't enough room for all of us to fit properly he explained to the class that slaves had to put up with things like that on the slave ships. quite an unusaulal (spelling?) punishment if anything. any other stories?

╬╩╦╩╦╩╦╩╦╩╦╩╦╩╬

╬╦╩╦╩╦╩╦╩╦╩╦╩╦╬

╬╩╦╩╦╩╦╩╦╩╦╩╦╩╬

╬╦╩╦╩╦╩╦╩╦╩╦╩╦╬

╬╩╦╩╦╩╦╩╦╩╦╩╦╩╬

╬╦╩╦╩╦╩╦╩╦╩╦╩╦╬

╬╩╦╩╦╩╦╩╦╩╦╩╦╩╬

╬╦╩╦╩╦╩╦╩╦╩╦╩╦╬

╬╩╦╩╦╩╦╩╦╩╦╩╦╩╬

╬╦╩╦╩╦╩╦╩╦╩╦╩╦╬

╬╩╦╩╦╩╦╩╦╩╦╩╦╩╬

↑↑↑↑↑↑↑