PvP Drop Potential

n64jive

So I'm sure this has been brought up many times, and many people say Jagex knows about it, it's part of their system. I think this is another one of Jagex's flaws that they continue to push off as "how things are supposed to be"...

Today, I decide to take up pking...I'm a terrible pker...Dragon Claws own me, and I lose a whip out of the whole ordeal...(i'm kind of pissed)...

I have some brawler gloves(melee) so I decide to kill some greens...greens are packed, so I decide to use them on lessers and enjoy the 400% exp. They run out, and a friend of mine messages me and asks me if I want to expel my drop potential. He says all I need to do is kill him, and then we'll switch (25k loss)....

I agree, and we goto bounty world and I kill him...1.9m worth of items from his drop...he kills me, he gets about 1.2m worth, I kill him, I get another 500k or so worth...he kills me for about 500k...we stop...I've gained back my whip potential...I also gained some more brawling gloves(ranged)...so I go use them in the wilderness.

I want to do this with my friend again, but he isn't online, so I sit at bounty world looking for someone willing to do it. I don't find anyone, but instead I gain a target...My target tells me that if I let him kill me, he'll do the same(he knows about it too apparently)...I agree, he kills me for around 800k, I kill him for zerker ring and d hally(around 1.5m)...I managed to gain over 3m in items from simply training in the wilderness. Does this seem right. I also heard that if you are a good pker, you don't get that good of items because of the amount of kills you get. I heard of people killing other people for godswords and not gaining over 1m in items(doesn't seem right).

So if someone would start a clan, and organize a system where you train in the wild for an hour, and then you pk eachother expelling your potential, and then you train some more in the wild, you could totally manipulate this system...

Is Jagex going to change this, or do they accept it as their system. It doesn't seem right. What does the tip.it community think?

w4M8t.png

ive talked to a jagex mod about 25king before, and they had no problem with it. they just said that they dont want safe ways to get drop potential (flowering, wind striking etc) while afk and then get massive profits. he said 25king kills themself are perfectly fine

and alot of people on tif do it aswell

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

...I can head to wilderness and stand next to the lesser demons with full food, full armour, dhides, and tele tab...I stand there attacking lessers for a couple hours, soon as any pker comes, run down into KBD lair, tele to my house, and call it a good time to go expel my potential. Also can include go around agility course with 75k coins on you, killing ice giants/spiders in dhide, or even sitting in the middle of the lava maze attacking random npcs. Maybe I've just been lucky, but if I can risk 100k total(75k + 25k loss), to gain over 1m, i'll gladly take that...not to mention it only takes a few hours to gain this potential and find someone to expel the potential on, making it one of the best money making methods around(and its also not grinding)...

I made over 4m today by doing it in an unorganize manner. If I could streamline this process, it wouldn't be hard to gain mils from it(not to mention it attracts people to help you out with it, because they gain mils from it as well).

I still think it's flawed...but I'll keep on doing it until Jagex changes it, or until it becomes so widely popular that items on the pvp drop table become worthless(I don't see the best ring/best armours in the game becoming worthless)....

w4M8t.png

it has already been abused, firstly by flowers or other fun weapons. This got updated, then it was the basic wind strike. This got updated. Then people used bronze daggers and asgarnian ales. Then this got updated.

The whole point of the system is to stop real world trading, if say i took full 3rd age melee in and let a friend kill me, and he got a drop worth the same or similar, then how are jagex supposed to know whether i traded it for cash? The system is very flawed i agree, but it's better than having people still able to real world trade.

Edit: Fury amulet dropped from 3m to less than 2m from pvp drops.

99-7.gif

Most Difficult Quiz

Rare drops; tzhaar-ket-om: 6 tzhaar-xil-ak: 4 tzhaar-xil-ek: 4 tzhaar-mej-tal: 1 Obsidian cape: 18 Dragon Plateskirt: 4 Dragon Platelegs: 7 Sq Shield left half: 1 Dragon Boots: 1 Dragon Medium Helmet: 11 Draconic Visage: 1 Zamorak Spear: 3 Steam Battlestaff: 1 Godsword Shards: 3 Bandos Chestplate: 1 Bandos Tassets: 1 Abyssal Whip: 1

A friend gave me 1m cash through this method and he said it's pretty reliable. He said as long as you take the time to gain the potential, you will most likely get the cash drop(assuming around 1m...he said he never tried to loan a friend more than that)....

If they capped it at 1m, it really wouldn't be that bad...No rwt is going to want to spend an hour per 1m transfer...and rwters could only deal with 1 customer per hour per account...which kills their business. I would say this solves the rwt problem, but doesn't solve the easy money problem. If jagex introduced a new money making method that made about 1m per hour, everyone would agree that it isn't acceptable. I think I could probably get close to those numbers with this method...

w4M8t.png

A friend gave me 1m cash through this method and he said it's pretty reliable. He said as long as you take the time to gain the potential, you will most likely get the cash drop(assuming around 1m...he said he never tried to loan a friend more than that)....

If they capped it at 1m, it really wouldn't be that bad...No rwt is going to want to spend an hour per 1m transfer...and rwters could only deal with 1 customer per hour per account...which kills their business. I would say this solves the rwt problem, but doesn't solve the easy money problem. If jagex introduced a new money making method that made about 1m per hour, everyone would agree that it isn't acceptable. I think I could probably get close to those numbers with this method...

wrong. depending on how you do it, the rwter could just take the 75k cash or w/e and then let the other person kill them, which means they could deal with multiple customers quickly. Plus now if you dont do much damage to the opponent, someone else can jump in and "assist" you with the kill, so it would be stupid to do one customer at a time.

99-7.gif

Most Difficult Quiz

Rare drops; tzhaar-ket-om: 6 tzhaar-xil-ak: 4 tzhaar-xil-ek: 4 tzhaar-mej-tal: 1 Obsidian cape: 18 Dragon Plateskirt: 4 Dragon Platelegs: 7 Sq Shield left half: 1 Dragon Boots: 1 Dragon Medium Helmet: 11 Draconic Visage: 1 Zamorak Spear: 3 Steam Battlestaff: 1 Godsword Shards: 3 Bandos Chestplate: 1 Bandos Tassets: 1 Abyssal Whip: 1

from what i have read if you know what your doing than it is super fast money making method.....sadly i dont understand yet can anyone explain to me how this works please or direct me to a website that explains ty in advance Nowt Bt Tree ;)

oversized.jpg[/bads]

Its not against the rules, many JaGex mods have said they don't mind as long as its not 'free' (eg flowering)

I have done it before, gaining like a million in items - I went training at agility course in the wilderness.

Honestly though, as soon as mass clans start to do it, and get properly organised, it WILL be nerfed.

2v8sgvs.png

Trust me its not always great money

Ive got 4 hours +potential in one go and got maybe 500 k in total ?

While other times ive had 1 hours potential and got zerker rings etc.

The more potential you have just means you get more kills that have a chance of getting an expensive drop. So you could get a DFS on your first kill after 1 hour of potential but that would be extremly rare. Its again mostly luck based.

s652yx.jpg

You should see the drops when you kill a Bounty Target and have some potential. Now that is mad money. :thumbsup:

My method is mine coal in wild until I get a target then bank and kill the target. I could just as easily train something else while I wait, but I kinda like mining.

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

Thats just insane luck.

Anyways, the only way it was abused was the AFK methods where people could just wind bolt and go to sleep. That was lame, and I never did that, afking is supposed to be illegal and its a waste of your . I preferred the old skilling methods.

When you died for your whip though, you got compensation potential, so that explains some of the high drops coming instantly. When you die for a lot, you get compensation so that you can possibly make that money back. Now, its designed so that you most likely won't make all of that money back.

It's really not abuse, as a matter of fact in the last probably ... 50-60 kills I've done, my best loot was a zerker ring. I was getting a lot of crap but you can get good stuff.

Having a target gives you like all the high potential kills that you would normally get in a few 25k's (like 3 randomly generated high potential drops in 1... or 2 random high pot... idk).

But you don't make like... major amounts of money an hour. So its not abuse.

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!

i've been thinking about this aswell lol and i think i ve come up with a partial solution :ohnoes:

(i agree to letting jagex use this ingame, just incase they want it. someone may post this on rsof aslong as i get credit for this)

lets say drop potential is worked in percentage. max percentage of dp available is 200%. every 15minutes you gain another 1% drop potential and everybody starts off with 100%. (you must be carrying atleast 75k risk with you still, i feel this makes it worth it)

When you kill somebody and they are wearing items which have wealth. the items your oponent loses is converted into cash according to ge minimum prices. that amount is the converted into a new value by your drop percentage. this final value is the max amount you can earn from killing a that person. items dropped by the person dieing are calculated at max ge prices. when you get a drop of more than 100% of their losses you automatically lose dp.

[hide=example 1]person 1 and person 2 are fighting. person 1 has spent 25 hours gaining dp. this means his dp percentage us 200%. person 2 is fighting with bandos godsword, glory and full rune armour (risk wealth of 20mil for simpleness). person 1 kills person 2. person 2 has lost 20mil of wealth, as person 1 has 200% this means he can earn upto 40mil from the kill. however person 1 only gets dragonfire shield and food from the kill. as this is under the 20mil that person 2 lost, person 1's dp percentage stays at 200%.

some time later, person 1 and person 2 are fighting again. person 1 still has 200% dp. person 2 has the same armour but this time (sensibly) has activated protect item, so if he dies he keeps bgs. this means his losses are now only 200k if he dies. person 1 kills person 2. person2 has lost 200k worth of wealth, as person 1 has 200% dp he can earn upto 400k. person 2 drops torags platelegs and a dragon dagger (total worth 350k). person 1 has now earnt 350k from killing someone carrying 200k. this is 175% profit. person 1 now loses 75% of his dp so is now at 125% dp.[/hide]

unfortunately this could still be abused by people using junk items :wall: but i think it could help stop the market prices of certain items dropping (dfh/dfs lol). this could be stopped by having noted items worth 0gp.

(edit:for bh i think killing a target should give an extra 25% dp meaning bh max dp percentage is 225%, althought 200% is still valued as your dp when you get a drop worth more than 100% of their losses)

-=Zappo=-

eijnnc.png

99 Woodcutting 99 Firemaking

99 Hunter 99 Agility

99 Attack 99 Hitpoints

99 Mining

The problem here is that as more and more people do this and only attack others as mutual agreements, it will become safer and safer, which is against the principle of PvP worlds. There should be some serious profits in taking out someone else and not getting killed yourself.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

i've been thinking about this aswell lol and i think i ve come up with a partial solution :ohnoes:

(i agree to letting jagex use this ingame, just incase they want it. someone may post this on rsof aslong as i get credit for this)

lets say drop potential is worked in percentage. max percentage of dp available is 200%. every 15minutes you gain another 1% drop potential and everybody starts off with 100%. (you must be carrying atleast 75k risk with you still, i feel this makes it worth it)

When you kill somebody and they are wearing items which have wealth. the items your oponent loses is converted into cash according to ge minimum prices. that amount is the converted into a new value by your drop percentage. this final value is the max amount you can earn from killing a that person. items dropped by the person dieing are calculated at max ge prices. when you get a drop of more than 100% of their losses you automatically lose dp.

[hide=example 1]person 1 and person 2 are fighting. person 1 has spent 25 hours gaining dp. this means his dp percentage us 200%. person 2 is fighting with bandos godsword, glory and full rune armour (risk wealth of 20mil for simpleness). person 1 kills person 2. person 2 has lost 20mil of wealth, as person 1 has 200% this means he can earn upto 40mil from the kill. however person 1 only gets dragonfire shield and food from the kill. as this is under the 20mil that person 2 lost, person 1's dp percentage stays at 200%.

some time later, person 1 and person 2 are fighting again. person 1 still has 200% dp. person 2 has the same armour but this time (sensibly) has activated protect item, so if he dies he keeps bgs. this means his losses are now only 200k if he dies. person 1 kills person 2. person2 has lost 200k worth of wealth, as person 1 has 200% dp he can earn upto 400k. person 2 drops torags platelegs and a dragon dagger (total worth 350k). person 1 has now earnt 350k from killing someone carrying 200k. this is 175% profit. person 1 now loses 75% of his dp so is now at 125% dp.[/hide]

unfortunately this could still be abused by people using junk items :wall: but i think it could help stop the market prices of certain items dropping (dfh/dfs lol). this could be stopped by having noted items worth 0gp.

(edit:for bh i think killing a target should give an extra 25% dp meaning bh max dp percentage is 225%, althought 200% is still valued as your dp when you get a drop worth more than 100% of their losses)

-=Zappo=-

Horrible, easily abusable, idea.

[hide=]

person 1 and person 2 are fighting. person 1 has spent 25 hours gaining dp. this means his dp percentage us 200%. person 2 is fighting with bandos godsword, glory and full rune armour (risk wealth of 20mil for simpleness). person 1 kills person 2. person 2 has lost 20mil of wealth, as person 1 has 200% this means he can earn upto 40mil from the kill. however person 1 only gets dragonfire shield and food from the kill. as this is under the 20mil that person 2 lost, person 1's dp percentage stays at 200%.

some time later, person 1 and person 2 are fighting again. person 1 still has 200% dp. person 2 has the same armour but this time (sensibly) has activated protect item, so if he dies he keeps bgs. this means his losses are now only 200k if he dies. person 1 kills person 2. person2 has lost 200k worth of wealth, as person 1 has 200% dp he can earn upto 400k. person 2 drops torags platelegs and a dragon dagger (total worth 350k). person 1 has now earnt 350k from killing someone carrying 200k. this is 175% profit. person 1 now loses 75% of his dp so is now at 125% dp.

-=Zappo=-

Horrible, easily abusable, idea.

[/hide]

How could this be abused? An example would be nice. As 'everybodydies' said, noted junk is not counted as loss, so people cannot constantly lose 20m in hopes of their friends getting a good drop. With that in mind, the only way to abuse it would be to actually bring nice armor and lose it for every kill, which isn't exactly practical.

Edit: Don't even know what happened with my quotes and hides there, I'll work on it

if you play bh how you used to pk in the wildy at the mid/high level bracket you barely break even. I have a level 83 ranged tank and even if I kill a beserker pure who's items add up to around 250k (rouuuugh estimate) I usually get drops around 100k-120k. My average drop is around 150k if I don't find many people my level to fight. If I fight everyone my level I find most of my drops add up to only around 80k. That usually brings me to just short of breaking even considering i pk with rune knives, dragon bolts (e) and sea turtles and pray pots. But I pk for fun so i'm glad I at least come close to breaking even... it's just kind of annoying that people who are actually good at pking and pk often come away with less profit then people who just build up potential and kill one person.

They should come up with some sort of progressive dp system. Where killing someone adds a small percentage to your overall drop potential and keeps building up until you die or something.

pandapk2.jpg

if you play bh how you used to pk in the wildy at the mid/high level bracket you barely break even. I have a level 83 ranged tank and even if I kill a beserker pure who's items add up to around 250k (rouuuugh estimate) I usually get drops around 100k-120k. My average drop is around 150k if I don't find many people my level to fight. If I fight everyone my level I find most of my drops add up to only around 80k. That usually brings me to just short of breaking even considering i pk with rune knives, dragon bolts (e) and sea turtles and pray pots. But I pk for fun so i'm glad I at least come close to breaking even... it's just kind of annoying that people who are actually good at pking and pk often come away with less profit then people who just build up potential and kill one person.

They should come up with some sort of progressive dp system. Where killing someone adds a small percentage to your overall drop potential and keeps building up until you die or something.

I think if Jagex keeps this system then you're going to have to go a different way about pking...You're going to have to build up potential and then pk, and Jagex is going to have to devise a way to keep people from just making agreements. It's not something that one can just think of, it requires a team of planners, and thats really what needs to happen. Jagex needs to work on a new system and not just accept this new system as "it works"...because it doesn't...

If you pk the old way, and you have a good day, the value of your drops taper off...The best thing to do currently is to quit once you get a good drop...and either go build potential, or do something else.

And the old system used to work the same way...you pked other people that were dress similarly to you...Every pk was like making what I risked (1:1)...only if I got lucky would I get payed off big time, or if I risked more at higher level wilds(mage banking, deep wild, staked(which is ironic, cuz stakes were mostly 1:1, but at much higher levels)).....I don't think it's unreasonable that you risk 250k and make 200k...I think its unreasonable for the people risking 20m and only gaining 1m...

w4M8t.png

you didn't understand what i was saying. if my opponent was risking 250k i MIGHT get 200k worth from him... usually at least a 3rd of that is in junk arrows like addy p++ and the times i would get 200k worth from a kill like that is if I haven't killed someone else for a good 45 minutes to an hour.

I don't play this game to build potential and max my profits... i play it to enjoy the challenge that pvp actually is compared to clicking on a monster and waiting for it to die. i'm grateful that the drops i do get are worth enough for me to almost make up my costs, but if jagex is going to have a system like this what i'm saying is that they should at least somehow make it work for the true pkers out there instead of a glitchy system that randoms can abuse to make money.

pandapk2.jpg

i have nothing against people who do it. But considering bh is meant for pkers you'd think that they could tweak their system to actually benefit pkers instead of making it more beneficial for people to build potential and 26k trick.

pandapk2.jpg

I agree with you...the system is flawed...but it's really not hard to built potential...an hour of training agility, and boom...then start pking....ever get any brawler gloves? build more potential...and then go and pk...the thing is I seem to get better things just making agreements then wasting food and scrounging for a pk...I really don't think pking is all that fun...

w4M8t.png

ok say im on a non pvp world run to the caged lesser demon in wizard tower, log out then log into a pvp world and continusly kill the lesser demon for 2 hours would this build up my potential? and how does the 26k thing work im lvl 72 n would like some help plz :) thanks in advance

Nowt Bt Tree

oversized.jpg[/bads]

ok say im on a non pvp world run to the caged lesser demon in wizard tower, log out then log into a pvp world and continusly kill the lesser demon for 2 hours would this build up my potential? and how does the 26k thing work im lvl 72 n would like some help plz :) thanks in advance

Nowt Bt Tree

Yes, you could do that, but you must be risking 75k + at all times while fighting the lessers to build potential. Next you must kill someone who is risking at least 25k gp to get a good drop.

80aa0daff6.png

Nate's Big Blog

4,000th to 99 crafting, 33,340th to 99 defence, 3,867th to 99 farming, 55,293rd to 99 hitpoints