Tip.It's Cook Book!

Knotch_Blade

I call onto you, the Tip.It community, to help me assemble the meals we Tip.It's live off.

I started thinking about posting this for a while, but I only got around to it today, and I originally intended for it to be a Vegetarian-only cook book, so that I'd have some ideas to cook for my vegetarian sister.

Basically, post using this form:

[b]Name:[/b]

[b]Section:[/b]

[b]Origin:[/b]

[b]Ingredients[/b]

[b]Recipe:[/b]

[b]Price Range:[/b]

The sections will be in the next post, but I'll list them here.

• [*:2bic7djr]Appetizers/Soup/Salad

[*:2bic7djr]Meat Entrée

[*:2bic7djr]Fish Entrée

[*:2bic7djr]Vegetarian Entrée

[*:2bic7djr]Dessert

[*:2bic7djr]Cocktails/Drinks

[hide=Appetizers/Soup/Salad][/hide]

[hide=Snacks]My own "Protein packed flapjacks"

100g of butter

300g of cereal oats

50g of brown sugar

200g of assorted Musli (seeds, berries etc)

50g of high quality Whey protein supplement.

Melt the butter in a frying pan, add the oats and wait until browned, then add the sugar and Muesli. Keep stirring once until the sugar starts to caramelize holding the various particles together in a type of "paste", once this happens, add the protein and stir quickly for a minute allowing the protein to mix in completely. While adding the protein I usually turn the heat off, once the minute is up the flapjack "paste" is a nice consistency and I then shape it into about 4 medium sized flapjacks, leaving them to cool and settle in the fridge for about a hour.[/hide]

[hide=Meat Entrée]Name:Lovely steak.

Section: Meat Entrees.

Origin: No idea, probably Europe.

Ingredients Steak, barbecue sauce (if wanted), good grill, kosher sauce, cracked black pepper, meat thermometer.

Recipe: First, how to pick a steak: I personally love strip (New York), as it's right in the middle of tough and tender. Now, before you buy or cook (please, buy from a local butcher), make sure it's about 1/2-1 inch thick (like 2 centimeters?), and weighs at least 6 oz. Also, make sure there's a good bit of marbling, it will help the steak grill.

Now, cooking: Start the grill going. Not gonna teach you how to use a charcoal grill or fire pit, although those are the best, they're pretty uncommonly used. Now, season your raw steaks with the salt and pepper. Let them sit for a few minutes while the grill heats up. Now, put them on the grill - if there's a nice sizzle when you put them on, the grill's perfect heat. Now, cook for about 4 minutes on each side. I'm not sure how to make those sweet grilling marks, so I won't. Put your barbecue sauce on whatever side you want, but make sure you do it after the steak has grilled a little while. Use a meat thermometer to see if they're good (rare is about 115 to 120 degrees F, medium rare is 125 degrees F, and medium is 135 to 140 degrees F), let them sit for a few minutes, and DIG THE [bleep] IN.

Name: Pasta Puttenesca

Origin: Barilla Recipe Book (sent in proof of purchases :P)

Ingredients:

1 box/bag of Penne

1 Large Onion, thinly sliced

4/5 Rashes of Bacon chopped small

1 can of chopped tomatoes

1 rounded tablespoon of tomato paste/puree

Few teaspoons Chili Powder/Basil

Salt/Pepper

Optional: Parmesan cheese, shaved not grated.

Recipe:

In a large frying pan/skillet, fry the onions in olive oil/butter until soft, but not caramelized.

Once soft, add the bacon and the chili powder, and cook until "done". DO NOT fry the bacon to crispiness.

Add in the tomatoes, tomato paste/puree, salt, pepper, basil, wine/water, and simmer on low to reduce until a thick-ish consistency.

Boil penne one minute less than package instructions.

Drain the pasta, and combine with the sauce, and let sit for about one minute.

Serve hot, with parmesan cheese, and enjoy.[/hide]

[hide=Fish Entrée][/hide]

[hide=Vegetarian Entrée]Name: Pasta w/ Pepper Relish

Section: Vegetarian Entree

Origin: Veggie Cook Book

Ingredients:

1lb pasta e.g. rigatoni or spaghetti (I have never used more than 8oz pasta)

4 sprigs fresh basil, to garnish.

Relish

1lb mixed red and yellow peppers about 3 peppers in total, deseeded and cut into thin strips.

1 teaspoon cumin seeds, lightly crushed.

1 dessertspoon olive oil

5 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped.

2 med red chillies, deseeded and chopped (I only use one)

4 med tomatoes skinned and chopped.

2 tablespoons sun-dried tomato paste.

salt and freshly milled black pepper.

You will also need a lidded frying type pan with a 10 inch dia.

Recipe:

First, dry-roast cumin seeds in the frying pan for about a minute, until they become fragant. Now add the oil and when hot, stir in the peppers, garlic and chillies and turn the heat down as low as poss. Then cover and cook slowly for about 40 mins. stirring from time to time, until peppers are really soft.

After that add the chopped tomatoes and sun-dried tom. paste to the peppers. Season and continue to cook uncovered on highish heat until mixture is reduced and thickened slightly - about 5 mins.

Cook pasta for a min less than the pack says. Drain and return to hot pan, along with the sauce and place over gentle heat, sitr and cook for about a couple of mins. I usually add the pasta to my pepper sauce as I cook that in a large container I can bring to the table.

Serve granished with basil - I chop my basil and add it to the mixture. I also like to add some grated parmesan cheese (optional)

Name: CORN ON THE COB

Section: Appetizers/Soup/Salad

Origin: South?

Ingredients CORN, pan, grill.

Recipe: (Boiled) Bring a big pan filled about halfway with water to a nice boil. Add corn. Let the water return to boiling. AS SOON AS IT BOILS, cover the pot and turn off the heat. Leave the pot alone for about ten, fifteen minutes. Then, corn out, salt and butter on, MMMMM.

(Grilled) Stick a spit through some fresh corn. Plop it on the grill, rotating very frequently. Shouldn't take more than a few minutes; corn is very easy to grill.

Notes: Make sure it's fresh corn. Summer is the best time to buy. Make sure the kernels are firm underneath very green stems or leaves or whatever they are. Husk it yourself - always tastes better. And make sure to get all the little strings out - bring a pocketknife, but be careful not to crush kernels.

_________________[/hide]

[hide=Dessert]Apple-Peanut Butter-Caramel Bars

The Dessert over Innsmouth

Origin: That Dreaded Veganomicon, purveyor of madness and horror

Ingredients: Crust: 3 cups graham cracker crumbs, 1/3 cup canola oil or 5 and 1/3tablespoons nonhydrogenated vegan margarine, 3 tablespoons plain soy milk, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.

Crumb Topping:1/2 cup flour,3 tablespoons sugar, 2-3 tablespoons canola oil, "a pinch" of ground cinnamon, ginger, and allspice

Apple Filling: 3 lbs Granny Smith Apples (~6), cored and thinly sliced; 1 tablespoon canola oil; 1/3 cup sugar; 3 tablespoons flour; 1 tablespoon water; see previous "pinches"

Peanut Butter Caramel: 2/3 cup chunky peanut butter (no-stor kind that doesn't separate); 1/4 cup Canadian blood maple syrup (pure); 3 tablespoons asian blood brown rice syrup

Procedure: PREHEAT oven at 350 F. Grease up a deaf guy 9x13-inch baking pan

Prepare the crust: Place graham crackers in mixing bowl. Drizzle with oil and mix until moistened. Add soy milk an mix with fingers; crumbs should hold together if pinched. Press crumbs firmly into prepared pan.

Prepare the Topping: Place flour, sugar, and spices in mixing bowl. Drizzle 2 tblspn oil into flour and mix with fingertips until crumbs start to form. Keep tossing the mixture; crumbs should be fairly large. Add more oil if necessary.

Prepare Apple Filling:Combine all ingredients into a bowl, coating apples. Layer apples onto crust and sprinkle with crumb topping. It won't solidly cover entire pan; sprinkle randomly. Bake 40-45 minutes until apples are tender. At ~35 minutes, begin prepping peanut buuter caramel; Mix all ingredients very well with a fork in a small saucepan. Heat over medium heat for 3 minutes; the mixture should soften and slide off the fork in ribbons.

When bars finish baking, drizzle caramel in ribbons over the top. Let cool. Slice 'n' serve, Makes 12 bars.[/hide]

[hide=Cocktails/Drinks][/hide]

You know what sucks? No more hide in hide tags. Would be absolutely perfect for sorting this thread.

Great idea of a thread though. But I can't cook. I'd like to take a cooking class or be more active myself in cooking, but growing up on Dexter's Lab led me to think mixing salt and pepper could cause an explosion.

I can't cook, and i ned to next year, so i'll be watching this for some good things to cook.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Hold on. I have a copy of the NecroVeganomicon nearby. Vegan cookbook. My mother uses it regularly. It serves the same effect as it's namesake; we've all gone insane from its terrifying contents.

Apple-Peanut Butter-Caramel Bars

The Dessert over Innsmouth

Origin: That Dreaded Veganomicon, purveyor of madness and horror

Ingredients: Crust: 3 cups graham cracker crumbs, 1/3 cup canola oil or 5 and 1/3tablespoons nonhydrogenated vegan margarine, 3 tablespoons plain soy milk, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.

Crumb Topping:1/2 cup flour,3 tablespoons sugar, 2-3 tablespoons canola oil, "a pinch" of ground cinnamon, ginger, and allspice

Apple Filling: 3 lbs Granny Smith Apples (~6), cored and thinly sliced; 1 tablespoon canola oil; 1/3 cup sugar; 3 tablespoons flour; 1 tablespoon water; see previous "pinches"

Peanut Butter Caramel: 2/3 cup chunky peanut butter (no-stor kind that doesn't separate); 1/4 cup Canadian blood maple syrup (pure); 3 tablespoons asian blood brown rice syrup

Procedure: PREHEAT oven at 350 F. Grease up a deaf guy 9x13-inch baking pan

Prepare the crust: Place graham crackers in mixing bowl. Drizzle with oil and mix until moistened. Add soy milk an mix with fingers; crumbs should hold together if pinched. Press crumbs firmly into prepared pan.

Prepare the Topping: Place flour, sugar, and spices in mixing bowl. Drizzle 2 tblspn oil into flour and mix with fingertips until crumbs start to form. Keep tossing the mixture; crumbs should be fairly large. Add more oil if necessary.

Prepare Apple Filling:Combine all ingredients into a bowl, coating apples. Layer apples onto crust and sprinkle with crumb topping. It won't solidly cover entire pan; sprinkle randomly. Bake 40-45 minutes until apples are tender. At ~35 minutes, begin prepping peanut buuter caramel; Mix all ingredients very well with a fork in a small saucepan. Heat over medium heat for 3 minutes; the mixture should soften and slide off the fork in ribbons.

When bars finish baking, drizzle caramel in ribbons over the top. Let cool. Slice 'n' serve, Makes 12 bars.

That was the document I read, and now I have placed it in the tin box beside the cookbook and the papers of my mother the cook. With it shall go this record of mine-this test of my own sanity, wherein is pieced together that which I hope may never be pieced together again. I have looked upon all that the universe has to hold of horror, and even the skies of spring and the flowers of summer must ever afterward be poison to me. But I do not think my life will be long. As my mother went, as poor Johansen went, so shall I go. I know too much, and the cult still lives.

Let me pray that, if I do not survive this manuscript, my executors may put caustion before audacity and see that it meets no other eye!

Yes, that last paragraph came straight out of the last page of H.P. Lovecraft's The Call of Cthulhu, with modifcations for context. Yes, I had tons of fun with this post.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

You know what sucks? No more hide in hide tags. Would be absolutely perfect for sorting this thread.

Great idea of a thread though. But I can't cook. I'd like to take a cooking class or be more active myself in cooking, but growing up on Dexter's Lab led me to think mixing salt and pepper could cause an explosion.

I have to agree with you D: I thought about having like a 6 post original post, but thought it'd be a bit fail

@Lenin thanks, made me laugh, I'll add it :D

Does cereal count. :P

That's about the only thing I can make.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

My own "Protein packed flapjacks"

100g of butter

300g of cereal oats

50g of brown sugar

Melt the butter in a frying pan, add the oats and wait until browned, then add the sugar and Muesli. Keep stirring once until the sugar starts to caramelize holding the various particles together in a type of "paste", once this happens, add the protein and stir quickly for a minute allowing the protein to mix in completely. While adding the protein I usually turn the heat off, once the minute is up the flapjack "paste" is a nice consistency and I then shape it into about 4 medium sized flapjacks, leaving them to cool and settle in the fridge for about a hour.

Good for bodybuilders due to the large amount of protein and calories.

My own "Protein packed flapjacks"

100g of butter

300g of cereal oats

50g of brown sugar

Melt the butter in a frying pan, add the oats and wait until browned, then add the sugar and Muesli. Keep stirring once until the sugar starts to caramelize holding the various particles together in a type of "paste", once this happens, add the protein and stir quickly for a minute allowing the protein to mix in completely. While adding the protein I usually turn the heat off, once the minute is up the flapjack "paste" is a nice consistency and I then shape it into about 4 medium sized flapjacks, leaving them to cool and settle in the fridge for about a hour.

Good for bodybuilders due to the large amount of protein and calories.

OM NOM NOM.

Someone please teach me how to cook the following:

-chicken casserole

-green bean casserole

-corn on a cob

I can live off of that meal for the rest of my life. I just need to learn how.

Corn on a cob? Easy. Just slap it on a spit and throw in on the grill. That one's all trial and error. I think you can just cook it in boiling water, too. Here, I'll do a recipe for the boiled corn, since with the grill it's literally "throw it on the grill".

[hide=Corn on the cob.]Name: CORN ON THE COB

Section: Appetizers/Soup/Salad

Origin: South?

Ingredients CORN, pan, grill.

Recipe: (Boiled) Bring a big pan filled about halfway with water to a nice boil. Add corn. Let the water return to boiling. AS SOON AS IT BOILS, cover the pot and turn off the heat. Leave the pot alone for about ten, fifteen minutes. Then, corn out, salt and butter on, MMMMM.

(Grilled) Stick a spit through some fresh corn. Plop it on the grill, rotating very frequently. Shouldn't take more than a few minutes; corn is very easy to grill.

Notes: Make sure it's fresh corn. Summer is the best time to buy. Make sure the kernels are firm underneath very green stems or leaves or whatever they are. Husk it yourself - always tastes better. And make sure to get all the little strings out - bring a pocketknife, but be careful not to crush kernels.[/hide]

[hide=Homemade BBQ Sauce]Well, not a recipe, but a tip for my next recipe. I personally love to have a steak with lots of homemade barbecue sauce on one side and lots of A1 on the other (I drown every steak I eat in A1, it's a bad habit because some people find it offensive, but I JUST LOVE A1!). Anyways, my personal favorite is actually Paula Deane's sauce, mixed with about a half-tablespoon of cayenne powder and some jalapeno juice - very little! So, there ya go.[/hide]

[hide=STEAK STEAK STEAK STEAK]Name:Lovely steak.

Section: Meat Entrees.

Origin: No idea, probably Europe.

Ingredients Steak, barbecue sauce (if wanted), good grill, kosher sauce, cracked black pepper, meat thermometer.

Recipe: First, how to pick a steak: I personally love strip (New York), as it's right in the middle of tough and tender. Now, before you buy or cook (please, buy from a local butcher), make sure it's about 1/2-1 inch thick (like 2 centimeters?), and weighs at least 6 oz. Also, make sure there's a good bit of marbling, it will help the steak grill.

Now, cooking: Start the grill going. Not gonna teach you how to use a charcoal grill or fire pit, although those are the best, they're pretty uncommonly used. Now, season your raw steaks with the salt and pepper. Let them sit for a few minutes while the grill heats up. Now, put them on the grill - if there's a nice sizzle when you put them on, the grill's perfect heat. Now, cook for about 4 minutes on each side. I'm not sure how to make those sweet grilling marks, so I won't. Put your barbecue sauce on whatever side you want, but make sure you do it after the steak has grilled a little while. Use a meat thermometer to see if they're good (rare is about 115 to 120 degrees F, medium rare is 125 degrees F, and medium is 135 to 140 degrees F), let them sit for a few minutes, and DIG THE [bleep] IN.[/hide]

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

I used to love making garlic bread, but broiling it in the oven took a long time (for it to pre-heat)

It's just bread, butter and garlic powder/salt. I discovered that if you butter the bread and tap the garlic into the butter, none of it will fall off if you stick it in a toaster. Toasters make it worthwhile :D

hiccup.png

Great start guys. :D

When I cook dinner tonight, I'll try and remember/write down the recipe to my favourite pasta dish

Bacon+Pasta+Tomato Sauce+Onions = Delicious.

I added a snack section for things like the "flapjacks" :D

I think that as a guy, cooking is a great advantage. I want to learn. watching the thread.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

I think that as a guy, cooking is a great advantage. I want to learn. watching the thread.

QFT; I personally think everyone should get back into the kitchen, I've enjoyed cooking, but only started pressuring my mom into buying ingredients because I was sick of eating frozen dinners.

It certainly does seem to impress the opposite sex, and making good tasty food will make a meal much nicer than some microwave pizza where all you're thinking is "This tastes ok, but the quality and ingredients are [cabbage]"

only started pressuring my mom into buying ingredients because I was sick of eating frozen dinners.

Maybe I should start doing that, my mom is our only income so she has trouble getting acceptable food. I don't know if it's easily done cheap, but I'd be really proud if I could cook for us both :P

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Okay, harrinator... I've got a recipe that I find is sex on a fork, and dirt cheap... It's my favourite.

Ingredients:

1 box/bag of Penne

1 Large Onion, thinly sliced

4/5 Rashes of Bacon chopped small

1 can of chopped tomatoes

1 rounded tablespoon of tomato paste/puree

Few teaspoons Chili Powder/Basil

Salt/Pepper

Optional: Parmesan cheese, shaved not grated.

Recipe:

In a large frying pan/skillet, fry the onions in olive oil/butter until soft, but not caramelized.

Once soft, add the bacon and the chili powder, and cook until "done". DO NOT fry the bacon to crispiness.

Add in the tomatoes, tomato paste/puree, salt, pepper, basil, wine/water, and simmer on low to reduce until a thick-ish consistency.

Boil penne one minute less than package instructions.

Drain the pasta, and combine with the sauce, and let sit for about one minute.

Serve hot, with parmesan cheese, and enjoy.

I'd like to say this tastes delicious cold too, leftovers ftw. :D

Sweet, sounds good too. Thanks a heap :)

[Edit] @OP, would be nice to add a "Price" line to the form.

Okay this is a very complicated recipe so read closely

How to make:

a glass of water

Ingrediants:

bottle of water

empty glass

Step1:Wash hands (always was hands first)

Step2:Open bottle of water (this is hard so dont be mad if you dont get it on your first try)

Step3:Pour water into cup (this is danegous so make sure someone over the age of 18 is nearby)

Step4:Enjoy

oversized.jpg[/bads]