let's talk about jagex =\

killyou28

well, starting off, to me, RS gets more boring and painstaking within each passing day, first is the jagex determination to rule out RWT, so they introduced the trade limit, and i thought they cant stop us from dropping or dying, and how wrong i could have been, well then my chinese gold farmer friends told me they use bounty hunter to do so, guess what, BANG, they closed bounty hunter and as u can see the players of RS decreased by...idk...50%? so i guess jagex got somethign against money, in a way RWT benefit jagex cuz they need membership or so to access their prefered gold farming spot (the green drags near clan wars), so it's very profittable and it really helps some new players who have the cash to get started, i mean, honestly, wat r u gonna do with that 25 gp u start with?

i constantly have people coming up to me saying "yo dude, can u help me get to the nearest furance for 10gp?" i coulda just pickpocket some random guard and get 3 times that gold, then jagex gave us the grand exchange and made the components much more expensive than the finishing product, i used to stick around in world 1(when i was f2p) trading cooked lobsters for raw and selling them rite on the spot, when i became member i did the similar thing to potions, now look, the price, it makes leveling a pain in the bum, i've been after that quest cape for so long, but my herb lvl just cant go any further without bleeding myself to death, i mean, what is with this RWT thing? it tips the games balance? i'm sure everyone's got the money, it's just whos willing to spend that money on some imaginary shiney thingys, i miss the days when i have to fight to mine coal, i woke up at 3 o'clock am just to mine some coal, or the days when i can go f2p lobster fishing and have people dancing for fire, this RWT thing that jagex is doing is ruining my game, i never bought gold in my life, yet, i'm being affected, i'm losing the fun that's left in RS, i feel no passion in playing on ._. :(

Mod Edit: Seperated huge amount of text ~Rainy_Day

A few things:

Paragraphs, they make posts much more appealing.

'and as u can see the players of RS decreased by...idk...50%?' Fake statistics are annoying, and thats not even a real-sounding fake

I've never had anybody in my 4-5 year time playing rs had anybody ask to show them the nearest furnace for 10gp.

RWT was a very real problem, jsut because you personally didn't buy gold, doesen't mean others didn't, and they did en masse, not only was this cheating and against the rules, it was an immoral way to play an MMO.

Jagex don't set the g.e prices, just the price caps, potions being less than the ingredients is because as time has gone on, more and more people can make potions, and want to power level, thus leaving us with so many more potions and other refined raw materials than the demand is, meaning it costs more to make an item than to plain out buy it.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

well, starting off, to me, RS gets more boring and painstaking within each passing day, first is the jagex determination to rule out RWT, so they introduced the trade limit, and i thought they cant stop us from dropping or dying, and how wrong i could have been, well then my chinese gold farmer friends told me they use bounty hunter to do so, guess what, BANG, they closed bounty hunter and as u can see the players of RS decreased by...idk...50%? so i guess jagex got somethign against money, in a way RWT benefit jagex cuz they need membership or so to access their prefered gold farming spot (the green drags near clan wars), so it's very profittable and it really helps some new players who have the cash to get started, i mean, honestly, wat r u gonna do with that 25 gp u start with? i constantly have people coming up to me saying "yo dude, can u help me get to the nearest furance for 10gp?" i coulda just pickpocket some random guard and get 3 times that gold, then jagex gave us the grand exchange and made the components much more expensive than the finishing product, i used to stick around in world 1(when i was f2p) trading cooked lobsters for raw and selling them rite on the spot, when i became member i did the similar thing to potions, now look, the price, it makes leveling a pain in the bum, i've been after that quest cape for so long, but my herb lvl just cant go any further without bleeding myself to death, i mean, what is with this RWT thing? it tips the games balance? i'm sure everyone's got the money, it's just whos willing to spend that money on some imaginary shiney thingys, i miss the days when i have to fight to mine coal, i woke up at 3 o'clock am just to mine some coal, or the days when i can go f2p lobster fishing and have people dancing for fire, this RWT thing that jagex is doing is ruining my game, i never bought gold in my life, yet, i'm being affected, i'm losing the fun that's left in RS, i feel no passion in playing on ._. :(

my brain exploded ;-;

Unless your RSN is "imalil[bleep]er", please keep the title appropriate.

Thank you.

Danq sums it about, and if you look for a reason to blame prices, blame skillcapes.

Before skillcapes very few could be bothered to get a 99 in a skill like cooking or woodcutting or even slayer, because after a certain point there was no more advantage in levelling your skill higher then that point.

Now with skillcapes people want to show off, that was a real mistake by jagex...

The number of members lost from wilderness/free trade removal I believe was 60k or so, not half. More like 5%.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

Well, starting off, to me, RS gets more boring and painstaking within each passing day.

First is the jagex determination to rule out RWT, so they introduced the trade limit, and I thought they cant stop us from dropping or dying, and how wrong i could have been!

well then my Chinese gold farmer friends told me they use bounty hunter to do so, guess what, BANG, they closed bounty hunter and as u can see the players of RS decreased by...idk...50%? (wut? 50% #-o ~Mdeo)

So i guess jagex got something against money, in a way RWT benefit jagex cause they need membership or so to access their preferred gold farming spot (the green drags near clan wars), so it's very profitable and it really helps some new players who have the cash to get started.

I mean, honestly, what are you gonna do with that 25 gp u start with? i constantly have people coming up to me saying "yo dude, can you help me get to the nearest furnace for 10gp?" I coulda just pickpocket some random guard and get 3 times that gold! Then jagex gave us the grand exchange and made the components much more expensive than the finishing product.

i used to stick around in world 1(when i was f2p) trading cooked lobsters for raw and selling them rite on the spot, when i became member i did the similar thing to potions.

Now look, the price, it makes levelling a pain in the bum, I've been after that quest cape for so long, but my herb lvl just cant go any further without bleeding myself to death,

I mean, what is with this RWT thing? it tips the games balance? i'm sure everyone's got the money, it's just who's willing to spend that money on some imaginary shiny thingys,

I miss the days when I have to fight to mine coal, I woke up at 3 o'clock am just to mine some coal, or the days when I can go f2p lobster fishing and have people dancing for fire, this RWT thing that jagex is doing is ruining my game, i never bought gold in my life, yet, I'm being affected, i'm losing the fun that's left in RS, i feel no passion in playing on ._. :(

I still do not totally get it, but at least we can read it somewhat easier now :P

mdeosig.png

hytbanner2.png

Proud (retired) Tip.it Times Editor! Tip.it Times Archives TET event forum

The number of members lost from wilderness/free trade removal I believe was 60k or so, not half. More like 5%.

That sounds correct.

Real World trading was a huge problem, that had to be taking care of. Sure, the trade limit was kinda hard to get used to at first, but all and all, I think it had made the game better for all the people in runescape. And if people dont like it, they can leave... that will make runescape a better place in my opinion anyway.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

wat r u gonna do with that 25 gp u start with? i constantly have people coming up to me saying "yo dude, can u help me get to the nearest furance for 10gp?" i coulda just pickpocket some random guard and get 3 times that gold

Ummm... You want more money given to new players so they can give you more to help them find furnaces? :roll:

wat r u gonna do with that 25 gp u start with? i constantly have people coming up to me saying "yo dude, can u help me get to the nearest furance for 10gp?" i coulda just pickpocket some random guard and get 3 times that gold

Ummm... You want more money given to new players so they can give you more to help them find furnaces? :roll:

Lulz all aboard the furnace train. Only 5k a ticket new players! Just follow me to a furnace! *leads them to the most remote and dangerous furnace possible and laughs as they all get killed*

[hide]

Damnit, I tripped over Magzar's half inflated blow-up doll and hurt myself. I wish he wouldn't leave that thing lying around. -.-

[/hide]

i agree with everything you said. As for jagex, their kind of losing their spotlight for me...Before summoning, Jagex was at the decent (imo) scale of managing their business. now compare to today, their catering to preteens with distracting and diversing minigames, graphics that alienate veterans, and hosting ridiculous events like the jagex cup (seriously, wtf). I thought jagex was pretty cool the first moment i was hooked into runescape, but now they're losing their reputation.

As for rwt, its inevitable. Jagex realizes they have to take every major step into making runescape a complete anti rwt community. But what they don't realize is they're just harming legitimate players and veterans that cherished this game in the past, and losing potential subscription money over unnecessary changes.

I have really lost faith in Jagex...

i agree with everything you said. As for jagex, their kind of losing their spotlight for me...Before summoning, Jagex was at the decent (imo) scale of managing their business. now compare to today, their catering to preteens with distracting and diversing minigames, graphics that alienate veterans, and hosting ridiculous events like the jagex cup (seriously, wtf). I thought jagex was pretty cool the first moment i was hooked into runescape, but now they're losing their reputation.

As for rwt, its inevitable. Jagex realizes they have to take every major step into making runescape a complete anti rwt community. But what they don't realize is they're just harming legitimate players and veterans that cherished this game in the past, and losing potential subscription money over unnecessary changes.

I fail to see how Distractions and Diversions are aimed at "pre-teens". It's free experience, everybody loves experience, they give you access to a really nice looking outfit, and make the game that little bit more interesting.

If you don't like the new HD graphics, play in SD. I understand that they are not exactly the same as they were a few years ago, but as games evolve, it is natural that graphics get better. It's like buying a new Call Of Duty game for an Xbox360, but hating it because it has better graphics than the PlayStation One version. HD pleased many more people than it "alienated".

The Jagex Cup, basically since the start of the game people have been begging Jagex to get more in touch with the clan community. With new games like Clan Wars, a clan option in newer games like Stealing Creation, Clan Chat and now a special cup aimed at clans, it's definitely an improvement. I agree, it's far from perfect, but if you don't want to participate in these new events, you don't have to.

To your last point, how would you have tackled the RWT problem without impacting on normal players? There was no viable option, sacrifices had to be made or we wouldn't be playing the game today.

Retired Tip.It Crew Mapper.

That was in the first month, a J-Mod on the forums leaked that number but said it was worth it over potentially losing more to RWT through bans or quitting. That was the number for December/January.

I'm a pretty active person in the pure world and since December 07 till now, there's been countless amounts of pures quitting the game. Not to mention that mains or pkers that are mains also just quit the game.

I do feel that at least 1/4 of the games population centred around the PvP aspects of the Wild and Dueling. A huge majority of that quarter have not stuck around, as obvious by the numbers pulled for clans, either mains or pures, through-out the year of 08.

--------

However the new CEO, Mark Gerhard, is probably the best CEO we've had, well, if Jagex even needs to publicly announce a CEO, and by the looks of his work as a CEO, with all the social contact and the support with clans he's gotten done, I have to say Runescape looks brighter than it did in all of 07 or 08.

Don't blame Jagex, blame Geoff Iddison for screwing up our wonderful game.

That was in the first month, a J-Mod on the forums leaked that number but said it was worth it over potentially losing more to RWT through bans or quitting. That was the number for December/January.

I'm a pretty active person in the pure world and since December 07 till now, there's been countless amounts of pures quitting the game. Not to mention that mains or pkers that are mains also just quit the game.

I do feel that at least 1/4 of the games population centred around the PvP aspects of the Wild and Dueling. A huge majority of that quarter have not stuck around, as obvious by the numbers pulled for clans, either mains or pures, through-out the year of 08.

--------

However the new CEO, Mark Gerhard, is probably the best CEO we've had, well, if Jagex even needs to publicly announce a CEO, and by the looks of his work as a CEO, with all the social contact and the support with clans he's gotten done, I have to say Runescape looks brighter than it did in all of 07 or 08.

Don't blame Jagex, blame Geoff Iddison for screwing up our wonderful game.

You simply have to look at the site traffic figures to know that your estimations on how many people quit were way way off. And there was certainly never 1/4 of players centered on pking. Pkers have always been the vast minority.

[hide]

Damnit, I tripped over Magzar's half inflated blow-up doll and hurt myself. I wish he wouldn't leave that thing lying around. -.-

[/hide]

You simply have to look at the site traffic figures to know that your estimations on how many people quit were way way off. And there was certainly never 1/4 of players centered on pking. Pkers have always been the vast minority.

Pkers/Duellers have never been the dominating population in Runescape. Skillers, questers and mini-game lovers have always out-populated the PvP division.

Also site traffic is nowhere near accurate. The 60k that I said, were the members that discontinued their membership. The site traffic accounts for F2P and P2P, not just members. If you want to include the amount of F2P'ers that quit fine, but it's nearly impossible through site traffic levels, as the traffic to the site would have increased with the news of such a change to the game.

As well, from my personal memory I remember there being close to 150k players being on at the peak times, and then in January that 150k crumbled down to 50k to 70k. Half, but I think it's inaccurate anyways to judge from that player counter.

Danq sums it about, and if you look for a reason to blame prices, blame skillcapes.

Before skillcapes very few could be bothered to get a 99 in a skill like cooking or woodcutting or even slayer, because after a certain point there was no more advantage in levelling your skill higher then that point.

Now with skillcapes people want to show off, that was a real mistake by jagex...

That was not a bad update, it was similar to the ge graphs in that it is a good idea that is ruined by [my preferred adjective would put off several people] people. If only the price graphs could be replaced with nice ugly blocks of text...

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

This is like the 12th thread I've seen complaining about the same thing in essence. :roll: -.- With horrendous grammar and atrocious punctuation and paragraphing too. Seriously, at least use proper English.

I have one sentence for you.

If you can't adapt to change, get lost. No one cares.

This is like the 12th thread I've seen complaining about the same thing in essence. :roll: -.- With horrendous grammar and atrocious punctuation and paragraphing too. Seriously, at least use proper English.

I have one sentence for you.

If you can't adapt to change, get lost. No one cares.

I personally care about dodo birds...

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

Two paragraphs, and not a single period in sight.

I don't care what country your from, until you start using periods, I won't read this.

Maybe the person typed this from a portable device such as the PSP? If I am on my PSP or my phone I use periods a lot less than on my pc.

LOL.

If you really feel this bad about RS you should quit. Jagex have perhaps been a bit to harsh on goldfarmers, closing the whole BH, but these goldfarmers needed to be stopped in one way or another. And the BH will be opened again in a not to long time, so stop whining and try to be a bit more positive. If you can't, then quit. You shouldn't play a game you don't like.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

... and as u can see the players of RS decreased by...idk...50%?

I think it's good all the gold farmers and bots are gone...

so i guess jagex got somethign against money, in a way RWT benefit jagex cuz they need membership or so to access their prefered gold farming spot (the green drags near clan wars), so it's very profittable and it really helps some new players who have the cash to get started, i mean, honestly, wat r u gonna do with that 25 gp u start with?

They steal membership by using stolen credit cards. Jagex didn't get any profit, actually they lost money. You start with near to nothing because you have to build your character on it's own (yeah, this is how RPGs are meant to be played).

i constantly have people coming up to me saying "yo dude, can u help me get to the nearest furance for 10gp?" i coulda just pickpocket some random guard and get 3 times that gold,

You should have helped him without demanding any money. Be helpful, not greedy.

then jagex gave us the grand exchange and made the components much more expensive than the finishing product

No, they didn't. The players were responsible for the prices because the ge prices change depending on what the players paid for the product.

i miss the days when i have to fight to mine coal, i woke up at 3 o'clock am just to mine some coal

You miss the days when you had to woke up early in the morning to play RS? Sad.

i never bought gold in my life, yet, i'm being affected, i'm losing the fun that's left in RS, i feel no passion in playing on ._. :(

Then you should quit. There are enough games around. Just pick another one and find your fun.

[404] Signature not found.

being a veteran player (started in playing in 2000) I must agree...

34sny53.png

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg