Level 3 skillers

gongusan

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well in my reply to that i will mention how combat has been making runescape easier. there is now very little challenge left on runescape if you are level 138.

for skiller's this is different. having a challenge doesnt necisarrily make thing harder, but sometime's more enjoyable.

What exactly makes being a skiller more of a challenge, other than a lower xp rate for most skills and not being able to do combat?

Many people mistake tediousness for difficulty.

While there is no difficulty in RuneScape, just luck and tediousness, we may as well call the 'tediousness' 'hardness' since about 1/3 of RuneScape actually knows what Tedious means.

Ok lets see.

Mains are the real option in the game - Skillers and Pures(PvP) are the same thing. One just kills people, and the other skills. Now, the main rant is PKers/Pures are more useful or realisticly better than Skillers. The real answer is no, they arent.

You may find skillers pointless, and useless, but the fact is, having a 'crippled' account is just a choice, as is a PKing account. And really, since skillers dont use a few hours a day PvMing or PvPing they gather skills much more often.

Another fact is; alot of monsters in RuneScape drop alot of [cabbage] drops that should only be made by certain skills.

I dont need a siggy no moar.

• 1 month later...

exactly. people somehow get it in their heads that combat is very closely related to all other skills.

the only difference between a lvl 3 with 99 woodcutting and a lvl 138 with 99 woodcutting is that the lvl 138 won't die from a wizard...

Cpchris.png

Cpchris.png

Cpchris.png

Yea, but there are other skills that are effected by combat.

Crafting... not much.

Cooking, not much.

Fletching, not much.

Hunter, not much.

FM, not much.

Construction, not much.

Smithing, not much.

Herblore, not much.

Slayer. Self explanitory.

WC, skillers can't get teaks as easily.

Agility, need more food.

Mining, some mining places you cant go as level 3.

Fishing, Can't barbarian fish.

Farming, no special secateurs.

RC no abyss, no zmi, no graak.

Thieving, need more food, some places not avaliable.

O.O

Yea, but there are other skills that are effected by combat.

Crafting... not much.

Cooking, not much.

Fletching, not much.

Hunter, not much.

FM, not much.

Construction, not much.

Smithing, not much.

Herblore, not much.

Slayer. Self explanitory.

WC, skillers can't get teaks as easily.

Agility, need more food.

Mining, some mining places you cant go as level 3.

Fishing, Can't barbarian fish.

Farming, no special secateurs.

RC no abyss, no zmi, no graak.

Thieving, need more food, some places not avaliable.

Let's look at this another way, as well.

Crafters make armor for the rangers, and staffs for the mages.

Chefs cook food for the people who use combat.

Fletchers make bows and arrows for archers.

Hunters can get butterflies for team stat boosts, and other things.

Firemakers can... umm... burn things? #-o

Constructors make these huge houses for people of all kinds to use.

Smiths make the weapons and armor for the melee-oriented players to use.

Herblorists make the potions everyone use constantly, PvE and PvP.

Slayers can't even do any good slaying, really. Pass.

Woodcutters get the wood for others skillers and to make bows for archers.

Agility users can't do anything for the combators. Pass.

Miners get the ores for smithing so they can make weapons/armor for meleers.

Fishers catch the fish, and cook them, so that fighters can eat.

Farmers can get herbs, food ingredients, and other things other people can use.

Runecrafters get the runes for the mages,

Thieves can... steal things for people, I guess.

Jagex Motto: "If it ain't broke, you're not trying hard enough."

Ok, a pure I can understand, you make a pure and you have a main, the main skills and monster hunts, while the pure pks as it has an advantage pking vs other players of the same level. But what the hell is the point in making a skiller?

Hypocritical, A pure limits themselves to getting no defense xp, prayer xp, etc.

There's nothing more fun or more advantageous about being level 3 and having high skills rather than being a level 100 and being

able to boss hunt andhave high skills.

Then what is the point of a pure? The advantage would be that they could have rare items, expensive items while still being a level 3.

Ok so you can say 'oh luk at me im lvl 3 and i have 99 mining lololol', but at the end of the day thats why i dislike them, they think theyre special because theyre level 3.

Once again, Hypocritical. Pures go around saying "lolololol i did monkee madnes nd dessert treysure nd i only hav 1 def lololol"

So another argument could be that 'it's a challenge'. Ok maybe, but why challenge yourself when you could just play a main, at the end of the day there's very little difference, you're more limiting yourself than 'challenging' yourself, you could just do the same things on your main without so much trouble.

Why make a pure when you could play a main? Pures are also limit themselves STRONGLY. 1 def, 1 pray etc.

And I just dced while typing this but o well.

Anyway yeah skillers at level 3 combat are only their to boost their egos, and give no advantage whatsoever and are not really more fun no matter how hard they try and deny it, they're just doing it to feel special.

They do it because they enjoy the skilling aspect of the game. Maybe you think that pvp is the whole game and enjoy having a pure. In this case, The person enjoys the skilling part of the game, and makes an account for that only.

My points are outlined in Blue.

4rvq0m.jpg

^Hawt new Siggy^ Made by yours truly.

Yeah, Spanish class is where everything funny happens.

Click To see my Origami gallery!

[hide=Important drops]Important drops..... Bandos Tassets x2

Dragon medium helm x 1

Dragon pickaxe x 1 (6m)

Verac's Brassard x 1

Veracs's Helm x 2

Verac's Skirt x 1

Guthan's Helm x 2

Guthan's spear x 1

Karil's Leatherskirt x 1

Karil's C'bow x 1

Dharok's Helm x 1 (4.6m)[/hide]

I know its combat based game.

But skillers DO have it harder, and thus deserve a bit more respect than someone who did it the easier way.

Why would I respect someone because of the way they've chosen to play RuneScape? Of all the silly things to say...

I love to meet people; send me a pm if you see me on RuneScape! :)

I'd be impressed with a lvl 3 skiller with 99 theiving. Nothing would suck more than picking a Hero, getting 4 damage when you only have 10 hp. lol

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

Nothing wrong with pures.

They r funz.

Skillerz r funz t00 u n00b!

Honestly, it depends on your opinion. Most people like combat, but for some un-understandable reason, some people like grinding skills in a virtual world for bragging rights... :roll: :roll:

I'd be impressed with a lvl 3 skiller with 99 theiving. Nothing would suck more than picking a Hero, getting 4 damage when you only have 10 hp. lol

Actually they use blackjacks, and yes, Ive seen level 3's do The Feud.

45,657th to 99 Range 29/09/09 , 41,018th to 99 Mage 13/11/09

rangecapecombined.gif__________________magiccapecombined.gif

The argument that skillers are dumb because they're limiting themselves is so stupid... most skillers have or have had a main before... it's not like they're totally missing out on the combat portion of the game... tbh playing a "main" account gets boring, especially after you've played rs for 8+ years like many have, myself included... its the same reason people make pures, it's a different way to play the game, so stop hating.

pandapk2.jpg

I don't train combat much on my main as I prefer skilling, but honestly staying at level 3 is pojntless. Sure, you can prefer skills to combat, but completely avoiding combat is just pojntless and crippling. I might prefer skilling to combat, but going head-to-head against some tough SOB's is a lot of fun ;)

disturbeda.png

So...I've played on/off for 8 years and I still have no inclination to make a "skiller" or pure to wow somebody with a skillcape at level 3. I'd rather put all my eggs in one basket, what a waste of time.

If its fun to make new accounts, its hardly a waste of time.

Infact if it were funner for you to make more accounts, it would be a waste of time to not make a new account because you wouldn't be having as much fun.

O.O

So...I've played on/off for 8 years and I still have no inclination to make a "skiller" or pure to wow somebody with a skillcape at level 3. I'd rather put all my eggs in one basket, what a waste of time.

Infact if it were funner for you to make more accounts, it would be a waste of time to not make a new account because you wouldn't be having as much fun.

Fun is subjective, we can't really debate what's fun for others. Having fun playing a different style of gaming is a matter of personnal choices and should not be debated. Debating the behaviors of a certain type of players is more or less generalizing the entire population from a biased sample.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

Fun is subjective, we can't really debate what's fun for others. Having fun playing a different style of gaming is a matter of personnal choices and should not be debated. Debating the behaviors of a certain type of players is more or less generalizing the entire population from a biased sample.

Exactly.

It might be fun for someone to train combat only, and it might be fun for someone to train skills only.

The OP obviously prefers combat to skill, and apparently thinks combat is superior, and skillers shouldn't limit themselves to level 3 combat. This is flawed logic. It might be fun (I honestly don't know how) for skillers to play RuneScape using a so-called "crippled" account.