Stuff you could NEVER get into

Zierro

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm friends with a few people in real life who wear gauges. They just think it's cool. But once you're past the point where the lobes can't heal/close on their own, that's generally a bad idea unless you reeeeeallly like your gauges.

White Collar. I want to like it, but... :?

What :|

Let's see.. I could never get into:

1. Sports. I used to play a bit of football (soccer), but just for fun when I was 13 and younger. I can't get into sports seriously though. I don't like playing competitively and I don't like watching them.

2. There are a few extremely popular TV shows I just can't click with. Like The Office. I'll admit, my boyfriend has showed me a few clips that were funny, but I have yet been able to sit down and watch/enjoy an episode. A few were playing on an airplane once so I gave them a try and like... it just felt like a waste of time. I didn't enjoy it. I felt like I was watching really long and pointless YouTube videos. The 1 minute clips from my boyfriend were amusing, but I wouldn't want to watch all the non-amusing stuff in between.

3. Partying/clubbing. I've tried it.. I just don't like it. I have to really force myself to try to have a good time. And then it doesn't work. I can put on a fake smile and act like I'm having fun but I'm just not.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Sports. That's the main thing for me...I've never found them exciting.

Edit: Watching them, not playing them. I've always enjoyed playing sports.

I'm friends with a few people in real life who wear gauges. They just think it's cool. But once you're past the point where the lobes can't heal/close on their own, that's generally a bad idea unless you reeeeeallly like your gauges.

I plan to get them, but only to the point where they can still heal/close when I remove them. Funny how I don't seem like the kind of person who like tattoos and piercings, Mostly because whilst I'm still living at home It's a death sentence if I do so. (and lack of money for tattoos)

As for things I can never get into: Football. Rugby-type. I dont know why but I just cant stand it. It's so [bleep]ing over-inflated here, the second you dont like it, every bogan Aussie attacks you with "you eff'n queer, you're not a real Australian if you dont like football"

Probably on par to that american state that's obsessed with Nascar, that if you don't like it or say it's shit, you WILL get shot, minus actually getting shot. (as seen on Top Gear)

Popoto.~<3

Let's see what my list would be...

1. Sports/Cheering - I was fairly decent at them when I was involved (Gym classes), but I never could take it seriously or care a whole lot about it, preferring quiet and being resigned to an area to work on something else than get involved in all the shouting and communication. I did like trolling around in games like football (soccer) and other things though.

2. The Hunger Games/WoT/George R.R. Martin - There are several other book series I could list too because they failed to pull me in.

3. Partaking in certain cultural hypes involving extremely popular tv shows or the newest A-list celebrity.

4. Certain music genres or songs. They sound somewhat catchy, but I usually stop halfway in the newest song and just forget about it.

Baseball, basketball, rap, drinking, Call of Duty, sports video games, and movies would be my list. I can see the appeal for others, but they're just not for me.

Player since 2004. All skills 1M+ XP.

Hamtaro.png

"If it were possible to cure evils by lamentation..., then gold would be a less valuable thing than weeping." - Sophocles

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

Let's see... Most of pop culture tbh, but specifically

The Walking Dead

Any movie ever made (except for one or two)

Pop/rap/hip-hop/country/crap music

Sports (watching, playing, video games, etc)

Current TV shows (99% of them)

Drinking (I'm underage but don't plan to drink ever)

Acting/singing/dancing

Texting (I text but rarely)

BF3/Minecraft/Current popular video games (most of my 100 some games are before 2008ish, except COD)

Politics

Any kind of art (painting, sculpting, sketching, etc)

Books

Friends

Eating somewhere besides home (restaurant, fast food, etc)

Relationships (I never intend to marry)

Stargazing

Anime

Name-brand clothing (Hollister, Abercrombie, Aeropostale, etc) as well as jeans. The material is so uncomfortable.

Old bands like Led Zeppelin, Queen, etc

Competition/Timed events

Fishing

Water/Amusement parks

Probably more than that, but that's all I can think of now. Listing those out right there makes me realize why I have such a hard time finding someone with things in common :blink: Come to think of it, I lead a rather boring life because I don't do any of those things...

edit: I will continue to add to the list as more come to me.

Come support my max total goal here.

Briobe122's 10-step guide to staking:

1. Get cleaned

2. Vow to never stake ever again! (very important)

3. welfare tds and get claws

4. kill glacors til i get boots

5. bandos ffa or more tds til i have around 50m

6. realize that it is far too hard to rebuild using steps 3, 4, and 5

7. give up the vow to never stake again

8. go back staking and make your bank back

9. if you failed at step #8, Go back to step #1

10. if you succeed at step #8, you will eventually feel the need to make money for rich people stuff, have a bad day of staking, then get cleaned anyways

Pain is just weakness leaving the body.

The Walking Dead

Acting/singing/dancing

BF3/Minecraft/Current popular video games (most of my 100 some games are before 2008ish, except COD)

Politics

Books

Friends

Stargazing

Anime

Name-brand clothing (Hollister, Abercrombie, Aeropostale, etc) as well as jeans. The material is so uncomfortable.

Competition/Timed events

Probably more than that, but that's all I can think of now. Listing those out right there makes me realize why I have such a hard time finding someone with things in common :blink: Come to think of it, I lead a rather boring life because I don't do any of those things...

What do you even do with your time? Sit there and think about how you hate everything?

The Walking Dead

Acting/singing/dancing

Politics

Books

Friends

Stargazing

Anime

Competition/Timed events

What the [bleep]? Seriously what else do you do besides playing Runescape, this list eliminates like every hobby or free-time activity.

He's an attention hog.

I'll have to second/third/fourth anime. They always seem to add spiritual/magical made up stuff that ruins the story and setting for me.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Exactly. I'm a fan of most other USA series and it seems to have everything I like: plots, classy art thieves, intrigue... I'm guessing I'd have to watch it from the beginning to be able to get into it though.

Also, the Assassin's Creed series.

He's an attention hog.

I'll have to second/third/fourth anime. They always seem to add spiritual/magical made up stuff that ruins the story and setting for me.

There are anime with non-magic elements in it, but that's kind of the point. Anime allows magic and stuff to work without looking absolutely cheesy if it were done in live action.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

Exactly. I'm a fan of most other USA series and it seems to have everything I like: plots, classy art thieves, intrigue... I'm guessing I'd have to watch it from the beginning to be able to get into it though.

Also, the Assassin's Creed series.

It's seriously one of my favourite shows :| It's so witty and like.. epic the way Neal just pwns. Definitely give it a try from the beginning :P

I might agree with you on the Assassin's Creed thing. I'll admit, I haven't played the game properly. I played through an hour long tutorial/demo thing offered in the PS store and... idk. I didn't like it. I think maybe they just threw too many different things at me at once. And it's one of those games where it's like "Okay we're giving you an intro now." I prefer games where they start you off with the basics but throw you straight into pwning people/monsters/whatever. Then you slowly learn new skills and abilities over time so it's not overwhelming at first.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Most make believe things.

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

I'm not an attention hog. I really don't like all of those things. Yes, some of my time is spent thinking (not necessarily about how much I hate everything), playing video games (besides RS), but I also play the drums and listen to music (namely melodic death metal) a lot. In all honesty, I don't do a whole lot, but I don't mind.

Come support my max total goal here.

Briobe122's 10-step guide to staking:

1. Get cleaned

2. Vow to never stake ever again! (very important)

3. welfare tds and get claws

4. kill glacors til i get boots

5. bandos ffa or more tds til i have around 50m

6. realize that it is far too hard to rebuild using steps 3, 4, and 5

7. give up the vow to never stake again

8. go back staking and make your bank back

9. if you failed at step #8, Go back to step #1

10. if you succeed at step #8, you will eventually feel the need to make money for rich people stuff, have a bad day of staking, then get cleaned anyways

Pain is just weakness leaving the body.

Clubbing and night clubs in general. I could maybe go to a bar and enjoy some drinks with friends, but I could not stand the extremely loud music.

A lot of popular TV show people watches now and days. Also movies is another thing I could not get into. I do watch some movies and TV shows, but not near what some of my friends watch.

Reading was another thing, at least until recently. I have been reading a lot more since I bought a Kindle Fire, trying to fix this issue with me.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

I'm this way too. I very rarely watch any movies besides documentaries, I get bored with most everything else very quickly. I have trouble reading fiction as well.

Even more true for fantasy/roleplaying stuff. Can't get into it.

Sports, particularly team sports. I can follow along fine and I can enjoy going to a game live just because the atmosphere is exciting but I could never be a fan and care about fantasy sports or ESPN.

CoD

Doctor Who, I have enjoyed the few episodes I've seen but man the fans of that show :blink:

Rap, Country, and Bandoms (Band fandoms)

Any of the i products beyond a classic iPod (And apple in general)

Twitter

Getting drunk/high

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

I'm this way too. I very rarely watch any movies besides documentaries, I get bored with most everything else very quickly. I have trouble reading fiction as well.

I recommend the TV series Civilisation, presented by Kenneth Clarke. It's among my favourite documentaries of all time, though you'll have to bear with the 1960s Britishness of it. I'll post episode 1 and you can look for the rest if interested.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNGzoJFj9g8

I suppose I should add that paintings are exempt from my rule. Just realised that wasn't clear.

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

Weird thing is that I can agree with you two on there to a lesser degree. I can have a rather active imagination and thought process, but I usually get bored with fantasy and fiction half the time when it comes to genre since it is usually predictable and the only time I enjoy it is the rare chance when its creative. As for other things, I find documentaries and non-fiction more enjoyable, and able to make a use of it for my own needs on the occasion. It usually surprises most people when they find this out given the cuckoo-like feel I give off is usually a covering foil to my interests in things like science and history.

It does not stop me from taking some time to read a little fantasy and such just so I can jokingly mock it here and there to my own pleasure though.